Mini 1671 - Eclipse Mafia - Total Eclipse (Game Over)

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 11:57 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 574, Juls wrote:prefer peacebringer

why?
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Juls »

Several questionable votes and backing off votes at interesting times. I explained in my larger post that I assume you didn't read.
-------------------------------------
Juls
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 576, Juls wrote:Several questionable votes and backing off votes at interesting times. I explained in my larger post that I assume you didn't read.

I read your rambling nonsense.
So in order to convince you that I am not scum, all my votes would have to make sense to you. I would never back off a vote. Truly, do folks really do that around here. A vote is a vote. I have my view, you have yours. I use voting differently then you do. Yet, you want to conclude ill motives in how I engage game and demonstrate tons of confirmation bias. You really offered no explanation. You engaged in a large ramble sharing perspectives and perceptions on varied posts. It was nothing coherent and certainly did not make a lot of sense. It is just plain bad.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by Juls »

Sharing perspectives and perceptions on varied posts.

Am I playing a different game than you? That's 3/4 of the definition of mafia.
Juls
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 578, Juls wrote:Sharing perspectives and perceptions on varied posts.

Am I playing a different game than you? That's 3/4 of the definition of mafia.

Yes, we play the game differently. That is the point. It is the same game, there are as many different ways to interact as there are people.
I play the game far differently then you do and far differently then most people on the site. The game is about an uninformed minority and a informed majority who lies and tries to blend in. You throw in different elements that give certain uninformed, certain information. You can find the truth by certain # of ways. Eventually it comes down to a claim, information, and a flip and then sorting out behavior based on varied elements. You have a certain expectation of behavior. So scum hunting comes down to focusing on certain behavioral expectations. Yet, even those expectations are poorly followed and managed and it is all about who you like and don't like. I see certain trends followed over and over, often to poor results. I have seen some good results from certain things. Sometimes I can get a sense, other times I do not. I am highly intuitive. I also am a student of human behavior. I gauge reactions. Sometimes I don't have clue and flop around. None of it points to whether I am town or scum. So rather than ask me what my motivation is and try and learn how I play the game and what I do, you just calm me scum and stop trying to really sort anything else out. So, then when I do come up town, you are screwed and got no direction and probably do not re-evaluate your other perceptions, because you were locked in on something so horrid.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by Juls »

When I levy an accusation that implies that I expect you to reply or acknowledge it in some way. Because I don't ask you a direct question does not make it that I don't want a reply. I may very well have asked some questions, not sure and too lazy to look back right now but regardless, you didn't respond or offer any defense. Saying "I use my vote differently than you" is not a defense. If you want questions:

1) Why did you vote me originally and what specifically caused you to back off as easily as you did?
2) When you did back off, why did you not return your vote once you realized your reason for unvoting was wrong (that I was a new player)? I know you answered this earlier but if you could go into more details I would appreciate it.
3) You said Sotty calling you town made you uncomfortable while you had your vote on her. Why then did you unvote her within like 3 posts after that?
4) Why have you jumped on every leading/flash wagon that has popped up?
Juls
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 580, Juls wrote:When I levy an accusation that implies that I expect you to reply or acknowledge it in some way. Because I don't ask you a direct question does not make it that I don't want a reply. I may very well have asked some questions, not sure and too lazy to look back right now but regardless, you didn't respond or offer any defense. Saying "I use my vote differently than you" is not a defense. If you want questions:

1) Why did you vote me originally and what specifically caused you to back off as easily as you did?
2) When you did back off, why did you not return your vote once you realized your reason for unvoting was wrong (that I was a new player)? I know you answered this earlier but if you could go into more details I would appreciate it.
3) You said Sotty calling you town made you uncomfortable while you had your vote on her. Why then did you unvote her within like 3 posts after that?

actually I have to go back and get back where my head was at as a lot of time has passed between now and then. Actually, looking back, I really did not vote your for suspicion. I was actually taking issue with Scarab and the skold vote at the time, which to me seemed low hanging fruit. So my initial vote on you was actually a sarcastic slap at scarab at the time.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

oh but then I got sold in the vote... catching the mindset is tough, I know I was reacting to the initial skold wagon as a starting point. Things shifted, but it did look like you were pushing for what appeared to be an easy lynch when I moved past the response to scarab that I don't recall why I had it.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 171, PeaceBringer wrote:
In post 169, Juls wrote:@Peacebringer - Can you please explain the following sequence of events for me:

1) vote for Juls (no reason)
2) unvote Juls (cause low hanging fruit?)
3) made aware that I have been around awhile
4) doesn't return vote to Juls

your vote jumped out at me,
then felt it was style
factor in information
I have not yet decided what to do with new information
FYI- I am intuitive and often go by such things including heebie jeebies...then try and sort things out.

this adequately demonstrates my thought process at the time...
I didn't vote you because I wasn't sure what to think at the time. just did not feel it was a good vote at that point and trying to sort stuff out the way I do.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

heh, the vote for sotty and unvote really seems to have bothered you...
the sotty vote was a probing vote...
folks more often suspect me than not, so not sure what to make of someone calling me town, but I am a sucker for it none the less...
been manipulated by such in past, thus the discomfort...
as the vote was a probe and I had nothing going on in my brain that made me want to pursue it further, I unvoted.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 580, Juls wrote:

this is a mislead. I have voted suspects. I had been suspecting Skold but coming back looking things over now, I am not sold.
I had a better feel for scarab as town, didn't get on that. Sometimes I get on a vote, sometimes off, all part of how the game is played. I got no problem jumping on votes as it moves things along.
Sometimes I stay off and observe. It all varies... here I am voting and moving along. the clusk/sns slot has enough suspiscion to put pressure there as not 100% comfortable with things now. I can easily get back to Skold...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

those are my best answers for now,
it does not look like things will actually move at this point and I will probably have to go back to skold here...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm willing to lynch sns on the back of alone, which I find to be worse than anything Skold has done so far.

VOTE: snscompt1
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Putting pressure on Peace and him showing up right away is making me itch a little. But then what do I expect?

I don't really find his vote and unvote of me to be all that troubling. What I did find questionable is his lack of any effort today.

At this point with no futher extenstions we need to get back on Skold. SnS ain't happening, Peace was the only flash wagon I was semi tempted to join. Lets not kid ourselves.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

sns is now the leading wagon :nerd:
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 588, Sotty7 wrote:Putting pressure on Peace and him showing up right away is making me itch a little. But then what do I expect?

I don't really find his vote and unvote of me to be all that troubling. What I did find questionable is his lack of any effort today.

At this point with no futher extenstions we need to get back on Skold. SnS ain't happening, Peace was the only flash wagon I was semi tempted to join. Lets not kid ourselves.

that is a strange perception. I check it at certain time and react... here, there was some discussion of me and I chose to engage Juls. I certainly could sit back as many are doing.
You point to my lack of effort? What did you actually expect of me? Why are you pointing to my effort level versus say most of the other players in this game. I had my reasons that I started questioning Skold. A run up happened and a competing run up. I was content with the Skold run up. Then folks let it drag right up to deadline. This started making me uncomfortable, I looked things over and am feeling less comfortable. So please Sott, tell me what you expected. And then tell me what about the engagement moved you from a "town" read based on little to the point of making deals with folks, to now me being a flash wagon you would hope on? And then why would you not engage or consider one on SnS, whose effort in this game and this day is far less. It is a very inconsistent statement and inconsistent reasoning there...
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:22 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 589, RedCoyote wrote:sns is now the leading wagon :nerd:

It won't be at the end of the day
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

And Peace, I expected Scum hunting. It's the same thing I expect of everyone. It was my sole reasoning for my town read on day one. You basically stopped until just now. If it is because of laziness, fine, just stop slacking and we'll be fine.

AKA keep posting and don't sit back just because others are.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 592, Sotty7 wrote:And Peace, I expected Scum hunting. It's the same thing I expect of everyone. It was my sole reasoning for my town read on day one. You basically stopped until just now. If it is because of laziness, fine, just stop slacking and we'll be fine.

AKA keep posting and don't sit back just because others are.

my vote on Skold was scum hunting. I did forget about this game a bit. This day started off with some prodding, I forgot about the game briefly, came back. I had thoughts in my mind on Skold being suspect he was run up. Folks dragged along, dragged along, dragged along, and dragged along some more. Drag so freaking long that right into deadline with nothing doing. I wanted to hear from skold and see where things went to evaluate, but things just dragged. Yet, you focus, your attention has suddenly come to me. Like I am the reason for this and that there was something I could have done differently. Skold became a top suspect, I had questions and intuition pinging me on the slot. Why don't you call out the majority of the other players in this thread, even those replacing in for crying out loud. Sometimes here it becomes a game of chicken... it is one element that can get me going back to skold and have no problem letting him swing. It is the sit back, don't engage, don't do anything right up till deadline. It is super annoying, but nothing in my bag of skills and things I do to hunt scum would have turned things around and there is certainly enough here to gain some useful information to narrow things down on scum if you ask me...
but hey, I must be a non-engaging scum. He, my prodding of you actually was in this day, imagine that. I thought it was day one. I had to go back and look.
What did you think of the Skold counter wagons, if you want to talk about scum hunting? You had heat building on Juls again and then swapped over to scarab when he bit on it? How about others behaviors? Anyone playing less engaged to you than previous experience?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

sns is at 4
skold is now at 3...
we have an l-2 and an L-3 situation.
Skold was already at L-1
so Sotty, at the end of the day you know there are 3 votes ready to slam onto Skold vs SNS to prevent SNS lynch and to lynch Skold... that would be might interesting...
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Equinox »

I am really sorry about not coming back to this thread. Things became super busy last night. I'll try my best to read and vomit thoughts before deadline, but unfortunately I can't promise anything.

That said, I'm down for an snscompt1 lynch and will be here a few hours before deadline. It's more preferable that someone else does it, though!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

The point is your effort has increased again. This makes me happy. If I sat here and called all the lurkers out it would be over half the player list. You were the focus because of my deal with Red, that's all.

Your second post I don't understand. You might have to be clearer.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 596, Sotty7 wrote:The point is your effort has increased again. This makes me happy. If I sat here and called all the lurkers out it would be over half the player list. You were the focus because of my deal with Red, that's all.

Your second post I don't understand. You might have to be clearer.

The point of the 2nd post is SNS is the most likely lynch now given the votes. It is now far easier for SNS to swing before deadline than for folks to go back to Skold. It is an interesting vote.
My effort level varies in a game and effort level is not indicative of alignment (see title)...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

and sotty, you still sold on Skold as scum, since you have been on him most of the day. You have provided little else, other then the effort just now with the engagement with me. What else have you done to scum hunt?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I don't know how much clearer I can be when I say we're not lynching sns today.

Do you have a scum read of me Peace? I'm not really interested in answering such a loaded question really.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”