Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

Mika head of this hydra is going on v/la until the 10th (9th for most of you guys) because exams suck. I will try to keep up with reading as much as I can.

The Hydra part of this hydra should be back tomorrow-ish though so shouldn't be much of a problem.

A few closing thoughts. Eh, ZZZX is... ZZZX. He very rarely makes sense to me, nothing in particular that feels off from him yet. Lucky's was eww. I was actually starting to agree with the Marcell 'coaching' thing that was brought up a few times, but if there's day talk then I guess that's null. Not sure why Marcell's current strategy is voting random people with low post counts though, keeping an eye on that one. I'm not sure what to think of random at this point, his outright asking about what talk is avaliable to scum feels genuine at this point but could be a form of distancing. BBT seems like the usual town BBT but he hates meta so I'll just go for protown for now.

In post 170, Randomnamechange wrote:I have a move that lets me give my item away. This works by tartgetting myself then choosing my target in the attack phase.

Eh? Ooookay, I thought that the point of the target phase is to target, but I see no reason to doubt this.

In post 168, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Nyan, same question for you. You seem unimpressed with Kari's town read on me yet don't think it's sufficient reasoning to vote at this point in the game. Why not?

Half because Hydra hasn't been around for me to talk to and half because Kari has also not been around to elaborate on her weird behavior. Also, I did find her main account, and looking through her posts, this type of posting actually seems somewhat typical of her.

For now,
Target: Marcell

Voting for a player with low post count with no other reason after ignoring BBT's question about his stance on Kari. Why?

~ M
Hydra of Mikazuki + Hydrangea

We write very differently so you should be able to tell us apart, but we will do our best to sign posts. Nya~ =w=
Arceus
Arceus
Townie
Arceus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by Arceus »

"
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us…
"
~ Team Rocket Executive Proton (HG/SS)
Target Count 1.04:

Kari (4):
Burn Your House Down, BlueBloodedToffee, Lucky2u, McMenno
Marcrell (3):
ProHawk, ZZZX, Nyankotachi
ZZZX (2):
Domino, Marcrell
Randomidget (1):
Randomidget
Domino (1):
A Simple Plan

Not Targeting (2):
Boonskiies, Kari

Boonskies is VLA.
A Simple Plan is VLA.
Kari is VLA.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-06-10 11:05:42).

Domino is being replaced as he hasn't picked up his prod. He may post until then.
McMenno has been prodded, he has (expired on 2015-06-08 04:06:08) to pick it up.
Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:01 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 175, Nyankotachi wrote:
Half because Hydra hasn't been around for me to talk to and half because Kari has also not been around to elaborate on her weird behavior. Also, I did find her main account, and looking through her posts, this type of posting actually seems somewhat typical of her.

Mika, can you elaborate on what's 'typical' for Kari?

Also, I find it strange that you didn't want to target Kari without talking to Hydra but you're willing to target Marcrell...
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:04 am

Replacements/prods are needed for this game.

6 people with 5 posts or less on page 8.

Mod, Marcrell is due a prod.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Arceus
Arceus
Townie
Arceus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Arceus »

Marcrell has been prodded. He's got (expired on 2015-06-08 14:26:06) to pick it up. I'm also sill seeking a replacement for Domino. I may pause the deadline if none is found before then.
Come on people, at least post once per two days.
Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Rando,

I asked for your read on Marcrell a while ago, also regarding your not liking my theory I am going to take us all back to the age-old-argument of no-lynching D1, because if we don't get a pokemon to faint D1, its essentially the same. We go into D2 with less useful information especially because we can't determine alignment based on who is what pokemon. I am not exactly sure how many hits we need on someone to get them to faint, but my guess is that we will need at least a majority of hits, if not more.

Why are you defending Marcrell anyway?

Who are you going to burn?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Lazy Votes/Votes that appear to have little scum-hunting behind them: McMenno, Randomidget, ZZZX, Marcrell, Burn, Lucky

In post 168, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I agree with Random that your theory for Random/Marcrell both being scum is reaching pretty hard. Your last point on Marcrell is pretty good though.

Do you have a town-read on Random? The far-reach is the reason I am targeting Marcrell today and not Random. I do find it odd that Random is defending Marcrell. And actually, the fact that there IS day-talk/a pt for scum lends more credence to my theory that they could be working in conjunction as they could have pre-planned it out in their own pt.

Kari isn't a bad D1 target, but she pretty much falls into a category with McMenno, Lucky, Boonskies, Domino, Etc. (I realize you may disagree with this.) I think there is more evidence pointing to Marcrell scum rather than Kari scum. Care to have a discussion about this?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

Marcrell is null. He hasn't done anything townie, but most of the reasons for him beimg scum are countered by the mafia pt. I'm still deciding who to burn. There is scum hunting in my vote. I'm defending marcrell because I think some of the points made against him are incorrect rather than just disagreeing they make him scum.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Would love to hear your target and reason before the days end
Arceus
Arceus
Townie
Arceus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by Arceus »

A Simple Plan has bren prodded, he has (expired on 2015-06-09 03:20:22) to pick it up.
Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 182, Randomnamechange wrote: There is scum hunting in my vote.

?? your vote is on yourself so where is the scum hunting element in that?
-------------------------------------

As Mika said she will be on v/la for a bit so I will be taking over this hydra for now. I am still on v/la till the end of tomorrow (Australian time) so it is unlikely I will post again until the night of the 9th / start of the 10th. After that I will be fully active.

BBT you had some questions, mika says she will answer you later~

~H

We write very differently so you should be able to tell us apart, but we will do our best to sign posts. Nya~ =w=
Burn Your House Down
Burn Your House Down
Goon
Burn Your House Down
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:23 am

Post by Burn Your House Down »

prododge

i'll try to post 2 hours later

APOLOGIES
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:24 am

This inactivity from a hydra is deeply disturbing. Both heads are this inactive? Really? Hmm...
Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 187, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:This inactivity from a hydra is deeply disturbing. Both heads are this inactive? Really? Hmm...

We are unfortunately both in the midst of mid-sem exams. We are giving as much time as we can at the present.

~H

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:30 am

Not your hydra. You have at least provided ~things~

Talking about the Burn hydra.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:30 am

Target: Burn
Nyankotachi
Nyankotachi
Townie
Nyankotachi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:31 am

Post by Nyankotachi »

In post 189, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Not your hydra. You have at least provided ~things~

Talking about the Burn hydra.

ah my bad, apologies~

~H

Arceus
Arceus
Townie
Arceus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:21 am

Post by Arceus »

"
There's always room for folks to grow and change, ain't there? And, if ya only go after what ya think is right, ya might end up rejectin' all thoughts and opinions other than yer own. That's mighty dangerous.
" ~ Clay (B/W)
Target Count 1.05:

Kari (3):
Burn Your House Down, Lucky2u, McMenno
Marcrell (3):
ProHawk, ZZZX, Nyankotachi
ZZZX (2):
Domino, Marcrell
Randomidget (1):
Randomidget
Domino (1):
A Simple Plan
Burn Your House Down (1):
BlueBloodedToffee

Not Targeting (2):
Boonskiies, Kari

Boonskies is VLA.

Deadline is paused due to replacements.

Domino and McMenno are being replaced as they haven't picked up their prods.
Kari has been prodded, she has (expired on 2015-06-09 11:21:02) to pick it up.
Burn Your House Down
Burn Your House Down
Goon
Burn Your House Down
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Burn Your House Down »

ok i'm here and gonna catch up
saw this first so
In post 187, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:This inactivity from a hydra is deeply disturbing. Both heads are this inactive? Really? Hmm...

well MS is overseas and i'm busy with the SEA games so yea
In post 190, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Target: Burn

bad target bro
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:34 am

Sure.

Yet, here you are posting.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 180, ProHawk wrote:Rando,

I asked for your read on Marcrell a while ago, also regarding your not liking my theory I am going to take us all back to the age-old-argument of no-lynching D1, because if we don't get a pokemon to faint D1, its essentially the same. We go into D2 with less useful information especially because we can't determine alignment based on who is what pokemon. I am not exactly sure how many hits we need on someone to get them to faint, but my guess is that we will need at least a majority of hits, if not more.

Why are you defending Marcrell anyway?

Who are you going to burn?

we aren't lynching here so no lynch arguments are null. There isn't a whole lot of history with this game type to go off of, but I doubt anyone is dying day 1. The whole thing with lynching is that either a limit of votes is acheived or it isn't. We don't have the incentive here to "vote" together. We can each do our own thing and still have our actions accomplished. I am not saying that that is the best strategy to go for here, but it's probably what will happen. It opens up strategies for reckless people (like random) to do whatever they want without feeling like he is affecting the town (this assumes he is town, and I'm reading him as such). I don't have a move to get rid of an item, so unless we all hit him AND have faster speed stats then him, he is getting his move off and be burning someone who probably doesn't have the ability to get rid of it either without using their money to buy a new one. If you happen to have wasted your money already or spend it in the next phase, you may end up getting burned for several days.

tl;dr - don't try to fit lynching strategies into this game, figure out a new one.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 181, ProHawk wrote:Lazy Votes/Votes that appear to have little scum-hunting behind them: McMenno, Randomidget, ZZZX, Marcrell, Burn, Lucky

expanding on my previous post. targeting here doesn't necessarily mean I want to kill you, or that I will attack you. My targeting Kari was more for reaction than anything.

I'll be pretty open about what I plan on doing, and let you all decide if you like or not. I have a move that makes your attacks less powerful. I plan on using that move on whoever I end up targeting. It won't damage them, but it will weaken them. Why am I using this? because I don't have a solid scum read yet. I would like to see who targets who, what the result of those targets are, and have a chance to question those people why they attacked/status effected/traded items with/etc that player. Being attacked doesn't mean end of the game for you in this setup, there are heals, and protections (i assume), that can save you from close to death.

tl;dr I am stalling having to attack to be on the safe side and I am not hiding it.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:05 am

OK, I can see where you're coming from with that.

Didn't think about approaching the game that way at all.

I still maintain it's much better for town to target/isolate one or two people instead of spreading the damage around.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:11 am

Post by ProHawk »

If enough people attack and hit, it should equal a lynch, that's my point. So yes, we should be lynching ie hitting someone with all we've got to get them to faint. This isn't as different as you seem to think, the mechanic is just more involved. Going to be doing some D1 meta searching on Lucky.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:14 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Let's say we do come to a consensus on the target... What then? Do we all attack? That seems slightly blunt when we have other options. I've already told you about my move, it's probably safe to assume more than one player is looking at something other than 2 attack moves.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”