It's the Team Mafia Tea Party (Dead Thread)

For Team Mafia 2015 Games and Information
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:42 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 272, fferyllt wrote:
In post 266, Metal Sonic wrote:If the town in the normal loses, though. Gestalt is 4-0.

Nope. we lost whit flag.

Gosh, I took the white flag for granted

Did any of you guys remember a few of my posts in the vanilla nightless that went "White Flags are easy for town"?

Yeah..............
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 274, Wisdom wrote:
In post 266, Metal Sonic wrote:If the town in the normal loses, though. Gestalt is 4-0.

Nope, they're 3-1.

Young and Beautiful are 4-0, and win if town loses the normal.

Town had better not lose the normal then.

I want the white flag to be the one and only town loss in TM2015.
oopsies! haha!

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 237, zoraster wrote:
In post 226, xRECKONERx wrote:@zor: But seriously, should those surveys have been sent out already?

that's a good question. I was planning on doing them after all games have completed, but in hindsight, doing it as each finished probably would have been better.

Replacements are a tricky question. The issue is that in a game with 64 players you're simply going to have a lot of replacements, and doing it in a way that gives teams some control is in keeping with the team mafia theme. We could pretend that replacements should never happen, but that would simply degrade the games.

or maybe don't allow people who have already gotten lynched replace into games

maybe

that was complete and utter horseshit
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 262, Quilford wrote:Gosh I hope they lynch sthar

fucking this

i actually would have gone after sthar, not Egg, if i was still alive. i really didn't see Egg's play coming from scum - but there were people saying "if sthar is scum bussing Thor won the game" and no one had any kind of argument at all for sthar being scum when i asked about it. like, i was literally trying to test my reasons for sthar being town the entirety of D5 and no one, not one person, questioned it. i wish i knew Tammy had a firm scum read on sthar the whole time since that would have made me second guess things a lot more

that plus Boon being a huge distraction (no, calling Egg scum every post and claiming everyone calling him scum is making "nice finds" or "obvtown" is not productive) and i really didn't stop to consider it as hard as i should have

it wasn't until N5 (too late) that i had an epiphany and realized it actually would make sense sthar would have bussed thor on D1 the way that he did

i'm still fucking kicking myself over it. you have no idea what will happen if town actually loses.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

white flag was the one game I wanted my team to be scum in regardless of who was in it

Statistically it should be a town win more often than it is but I think white flag is 100% about how well scum can manipulate the town.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:45 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 277, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 226, xRECKONERx wrote:@zor: But seriously, should those surveys have been sent out already?

that's a good question. I was planning on doing them after all games have completed, but in hindsight, doing it as each finished probably would have been better.

Replacements are a tricky question. The issue is that in a game with 64 players you're simply going to have a lot of replacements, and doing it in a way that gives teams some control is in keeping with the team mafia theme. We could pretend that replacements should never happen, but that would simply degrade the games.

maybe

I'm sorry you feel that way.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:45 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Purely because team mafia is townsided, and they also speedlynched scum d1 and d2.

If the scum win the normal, that survivor deserves a scummie.
oopsies! haha!

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:45 am

Post by Wisdom »

I hope town wins as well.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 261, Titus wrote:I probably should have pleaded to get my team replaced sooner in the Large. I was the only one really posting and that was a problem. We should have killed UT and Singer the night I died but Cephrir wanted a quick win push and I should not have died. :(
Yeah, it's a shame that my sole contribution to that game was basically fucking it up

Granted, we still would've lost terribly

Also, I think we deserve a little more credit than "scum in mod error sucked at claiming." We wagoned tier in the first place correctly and I at least was still going to lynch him no matter what he claimed

shos did fuck up pretty terribly though
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:46 am

Post by pieguyn »

i got snowballed by BBT and Regfan in white flag btw. i kept thinking both BBT and Regfan were scum and going "WTF HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE", then i gave up and figured it was just Reg + CES.

i did a double take when the game ended
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 279, Gammagooey wrote:white flag was the one game I wanted my team to be scum in regardless of who was in it

Statistically it should be a town win more often than it is but I think white flag is 100% about how well scum can manipulate the town.

maybe

Get a replacement pool and don't let captains choose.
oopsies! haha!

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 261, Titus wrote:I probably should have pleaded to get my team replaced sooner in the Large. I was the only one really posting and that was a problem. We should have killed UT and Singer the night I died but Cephrir wanted a quick win push and I should not have died. :(

yeah, not killing me was really weird

zoraster wrote:
In post 226, xRECKONERx wrote:@zor: But seriously, should those surveys have been sent out already?<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">that's a good question. I was planning on doing them after all games have completed, but in hindsight, doing it as each finished probably would have been better.<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Replacements are a tricky question. The issue is that in a game with 64 players you're simply going to have a lot of replacements, and doing it in a way that gives teams some control is in keeping with the team mafia theme. We could pretend that replacements should never happen, but that would simply degrade the games.
<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">or maybe don't allow people who have already gotten lynched replace into games<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">maybe<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">that was complete and utter horseshit
<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I'm sorry you feel that way.
I mean it's just a game and everything and I'll stop being annoyed about it by the time I finish this post, but the mod team severely fucked up by allowing GreyICE to replace in and I really hope you understand that
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh man, having one of the not-allowed-in teams be a replacement pool that doubles as its own team as people replace in would be baller as fuck
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:49 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 283, Cephrir wrote:
Yeah, it's a shame that my sole contribution to that game was basically fucking it up

Granted, we still would've lost terribly

Also, I think we deserve a little more credit than "scum in mod error sucked at claiming." We wagoned tier in the first place correctly and I at least was still going to lynch him no matter what he claimed

shos did fuck up pretty terribly though

Tiers issue brings me back to the replacement issue that I hope (for the competitiveness of scum) is mitigated twin the next installment.

A factor why Tier didn't replace out is because he was scum
oopsies! haha!

Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:49 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 287, Untrod Tripod wrote:oh man, having one of the not-allowed-in teams be a replacement pool that doubles as its own team as people replace in would be baller as fuck

?

What exactly do you mean here? Do you dislike my suggestion?
oopsies! haha!

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:51 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 286, Untrod Tripod wrote:I mean it's just a game and everything and I'll stop being annoyed about it by the time I finish this post, but the mod team severely fucked up by allowing GreyICE to replace in and I really hope you understand that

Why?

Also, could you explain your suggestion?
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:52 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 284, pieguyn wrote:i got snowballed by BBT and Regfan in white flag btw. i kept thinking both BBT and Regfan were scum and going "WTF HOW THE FUCK DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE", then i gave up and figured it was just Reg + CES.

i did a double take when the game ended

I wasn't following te white flag at all 100% because I took it for granted that it's a town win (I think and still think that it's a very townsided setup, moreso than nightless)

So, with my close interactions with the circle jerk (I love all of you guys BTW!!! You're like family), Regfan was on scum because he didn't get NKED.

My hunch was right; I didn't read the game until lylo "why is Regfan still alive?"
oopsies! haha!

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 156, zoraster wrote:Welcome a huge influx of new guys!

It's actually looking good right now. We have some perfect teams going into this last game, but not SO many perfect teams that it'll involve sifting through a half dozen team threads (thank god for White Flag's scum win).

:(
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:53 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 289, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 287, Untrod Tripod wrote:oh man, having one of the not-allowed-in teams be a replacement pool that doubles as its own team as people replace in would be baller as fuck

?

What exactly do you mean here? Do you dislike my suggestion?

no I do, I'm suggesting that the replacement pool could have its points tallied as if they're their own team. probably wouldn't work. either way I really like the idea of having a set replacement pool so there's no waiting and you don't have lynched players replacing into new games
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:55 am

Post by zoraster »

The problem is the asymmetry of it. There were 13 replacements this time around.

My issue with a simple pool, and why I didn't do it that way, is one of the nice things about Team Mafia is you can pick and choose who is on your team. Forcing replacements on a team may be justified, but it removes some of that feeling.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 290, zoraster wrote:
In post 286, Untrod Tripod wrote:I mean it's just a game and everything and I'll stop being annoyed about it by the time I finish this post, but the mod team severely fucked up by allowing GreyICE to replace in and I really hope you understand that

Why?

allowing someone who has gotten lynched to continue to contribute points to their team is unfair because it rewards poor play

additionally GreyICE had documented history with one of the players in the game that you allowed him to replace into
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:56 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

Why?

I don't understand what UT is saying either.

My suggestion is that for the replacement process, people who want to replace into TEAM MAFIA sign up as replacements, and must have a good track record (considered experienced, subjective), before being shortlisted into a waiting list.

Then, captains who need a replacement just request a replacement. They get the first person in the list.

No choosing.

Flaw: not enough replacements signing up to keep up? Well, get your "friend" to join the queue then! Otherwise, just eat the penalty for having inactive teammates
oopsies! haha!

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, if you have a teammate flake, your fault for having bad teammates?

GreyICE was allowed to replace into a game that I was in. I've gone out of my way to avoid him. You, zoraster, should know better than anyone why me/Grey shouldn't be in the same game since
you modded Always On
. I was then forced to deal with Grey replacing in and bringing personal shit into the game with me, and was forced to deal with that even though
I
specifically avoided him and
our team
didn't have any fucking replacements. I got boned.
green shirt thursdays
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:59 am

Post by Wisdom »

That would force teams to potentially recruit people who they don't like/don't work well with. I much prefer it the way it was - "we need a replacement for x game, who do we know that could handle this? Let's ask him."
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:59 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 296, Metal Sonic wrote:

Why?

I don't understand what UT is saying either.

My suggestion is that for the replacement process, people who want to replace into TEAM MAFIA sign up as replacements, and must have a good track record (considered experienced, subjective), before being shortlisted into a waiting list.

Then, captains who need a replacement just request a replacement. They get the first person in the list.

No choosing.

Flaw: not enough replacements signing up to keep up? Well, get your "friend" to join the queue then! Otherwise, just eat the penalty for having inactive teammates

+1

this is good suggestion

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”