PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3726 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by PointYBagelS »

That would imply another roleblocker is in play, or that Nero is ascetic.

I'm assuming the odds of there being two scum roleblockers are basically zero. Which means that Nero is ascetic, and thus scum for lying about being a VT.

The other option, of course, is that RIP is a dirty liar. Personally I'd be fine with lynching them both, but I'd prefer lynching Nero first.

I've been suspicious of Nero Cain since late day 4, I think it's past time for this.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Nero Cain

Another idea, perhaps, would be to have Peace target Nero instead and see if he gets a result, but this doesn't work at the same time as the other plan.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3727 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

OK, so the lynch should be between RIP/Nero right?

I think lynch Nero and Peace tracks RIP?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3728 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

The idea behind tracking Nero would be to "ascetic check" him. No result = ascetic

Tracking RIP is less effective in that regard.
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3729 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:35 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

Also RIP, while we're talking about strange possible happenings. Are you certain that none of your predecessors used a shot before you arrived, causing a no result because you were out of shots?

I'm sure this isn't the case, because idk why the mod would pm "no result" instead of "you're out of shots", but I was really not expecting an ascetic this game, and this is the only other possibility that makes any sort of sense.

The problem is that if there
is
is another roleblocker, RIP would be the obvious target for a roleblock, especially since he wasn't the intended kill. But that possibility just seems so strange.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3730 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:00 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

we already have one plan-
vote nero...
I was already paranoid
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3731 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:42 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

There is no way scum have two role-blockers.

What is this 'ascetic'?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3732 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:49 am

Post by Vampirate »

I'm not voting for either yet as they both have solid track records. I want to hear from Nero first before I make any decisions on voting.
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3733 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 3731, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:There is no way scum have two role-blockers.

What is this 'ascetic'?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Ascetic

It means actions against Nero do not work except for kills. It doesn't really guarantee alignment imo as the wiki says the alignment varies.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3734 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:54 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 3729, PointYBagelS wrote:Also RIP, while we're talking about strange possible happenings. Are you certain that none of your predecessors used a shot before you arrived, causing a no result because you were out of shots?

I'm sure this isn't the case, because idk why the mod would pm "no result" instead of "you're out of shots", but I was really not expecting an ascetic this game, and this is the only other possibility that makes any sort of sense.

The problem is that if there
is
is another roleblocker, RIP would be the obvious target for a roleblock, especially since he wasn't the intended kill. But that possibility just seems so strange.

Remember RIP claimed to be vanilla at the time, it might have been a gambit to clear someone (get scum to think he's out of checks) and also to try and get another person cleared.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3735 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Rubicon »

I'd like to hear an explanation from RIP before lynching either of them.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3736 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Shinobi »

Vote Count

Drixx
(3):
Grib, BlueBloodedToffee, elusive

Nero Cain
(2):
PointYBagelS, PeaceBringer

Vampirate
(1):
Nero Cain

PeaceBringer
(1):
Vampirate

Not Voting
(4):
RIP, Drixx, davesaz, Rubicon

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-06-21 00:00:00)
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3737 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 3735, Rubicon wrote:I'd like to hear an explanation from RIP before lynching either of them.

I'd rather hear from Nero first as he'd either confirm or deny the claim. What people read into the conform or denial is another story.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3738 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Vampirate »

Also if Nero confirms RIP'S check then RIP is a true virtual town clear.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3739 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Vampirate »

My explanation is thus. If RIP is scum it's easy to fake checks and clear other players for detective town credit. However unless RIP was a scum cop how would he fake and know if Nero was ascetic?

Given RIP'S track record so far if Nero confirms RIP'S check then RIP is 99% town.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3740 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:11 am

Post by Grib »

Scum!RIP would fake a check on someone instead of claiming to get no result.

Yes/no? Would he be worried about clearing someone and narrowing the mislynch pool?
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3741 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 3740, Grib wrote:Scum!RIP would fake a check on someone instead of claiming to get no result.

Yes/no? Would he be worried about clearing someone and narrowing the mislynch pool?

If RIP faked this then he's going to look really bad if Nero counters this, also while possible I doubt there's a 2nd role blocker.

Another thing to factor in is this was RIP's last check. Would scum RIP risk the possibility of this blowing up in his face just to put suspicion on Nero?

On the last check I think it'd be far more beneficial to clear Nero and continue to get more town credit.

The odds of there being an ascitic are probably low, the odds of RIP getting caught in a lie of 18 people clearing Nero should Nero be ascitic is even lower. The safe route would be to call Nero town imo if RIP was scum.
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3742 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by PointYBagelS »

No way a scum RIP would fake something like this. If/when we lynch Nero, if he flips VT that's a lot of attention directed back at RIP, which scum wouldn't want. Not with only 1 or 2 of them remaining and not this far from LyLo.

The only way this makes sense as a scum move is as a bus, and that is a terrible idea for similar reasons as above. Namely: it's too far from LyLo for the scumteam to intentionally cut their numbers in half (and presumably be facing a 1v8 tomorrow)

It's been nearly a day and no response from Nero. That in itself is rather telling, I think.
Vampirate
Vampirate
Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3743 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Vampirate »

In post 3742, PointYBagelS wrote:No way a scum RIP would fake something like this. If/when we lynch Nero, if he flips VT that's a lot of attention directed back at RIP, which scum wouldn't want. Not with only 1 or 2 of them remaining and not this far from LyLo.

The only way this makes sense as a scum move is as a bus, and that is a terrible idea for similar reasons as above. Namely: it's too far from LyLo for the scumteam to intentionally cut their numbers in half (and presumably be facing a 1v8 tomorrow)

It's been nearly a day and no response from Nero. That in itself is rather telling, I think.

Woah hold on there, I think Nero has earned enough to at least let us hear his side of the story first.

Thing is i'd rather avoid a Nero or RIP lynch atm. RIP is almost guaranteed town and i'm still town reading Nero.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3744 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3742, PointYBagelS wrote:It's been nearly a day and no response from Nero. That in itself is rather telling, I think.

How am I supposed to post when I ain't home?

you guys are to lynch pointy once I flip town, ok?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3745 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Rubicon »

are you ascetic or something
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3746 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3747 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, on one hand I do kinda agree with Pointy that this makes very little tactical sense as scum but then its absolutely horrible to do as town and I would be ok with watching this hang 'cause I don't think keeping him around is a good idea at all.

I think there's 4 possible things here.

1. RIP thinks I'm scum so he's gambiting.
2. RIP is scum.
3. The mod made a mistake.
4. He's stupid and can't find his pm.

1 or 2 seem like the most possible to me.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3748 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3738, Vampirate wrote:Also if Nero confirms RIP'S check then RIP is a true virtual town clear.

How would I do this? If I were scum its not like I would claim that I'm scum and as town its not like I'd know if RIP targeted me or not so :?

Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3749 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Rubicon »

There's a fifth possibility too.
Gonna wait for RIP before I comment on stuff.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”