It's the Team Mafia Tea Party (Dead Thread)

For Team Mafia 2015 Games and Information
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Can I get PM'ed the scum in the normal, I want to know who our team's forced to be rooting for. :P
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Post by Titus »

I strongly prefer themes. They provide a backdrop of facts that I can work from.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 499, pieguyn wrote:I had actually thought of this (you being NK'ed for having both scum as scum), but I'm a fucking moron and it didn't register you all were scum reading sthar. of course looking back at it now you all quite visibly were. ggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh I fucking hate everything

Like Patrick said, I'm pretty sure my read on Mala, and the fact jason would have been guarding you, were reasons enough for the kill. And had I been alive, I would still have mislynched Bins under the circumstances, and although I was townreading Sleepy, I'd have certainly tried to lynch jason/Zach in his place. Trojan and Dragons have also been my favourite players to watch, Trojan has been saying most of the things I've been thinking since Day 4. I hope he makes the right decision here!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:25 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 343, zoraster wrote:If I had to do it over again, I think I'd stick with my original plan which was nightless with a D3+ factional kill for scum. That lets the scum deal with at least one too town to lynch player, and in Team Mafia, town generally have an edge so it's appropriate.

So Semi-Nightless? (that's still a setup isn't it?)

In post 376, shos wrote:
In post 166, pieguyn wrote:you will not believe this, but I literally called the entire scum team in the large game on page 5

it obviously means nothing because I backed off of most of them, though

Katsuki was 100% right on his reads from the start of the game, calling all the scums and only the scums. Luckily, we lynched him first lol

and we wouldn't let the fakeclaim go through Day 1, it would have happened though, and I was going to try and push it into Night 1 due to Katsuki's actual role.

In post 407, Patrick wrote:I enjoyed playing Twin Trap, aside from the deadline days on days 2 and 3. Huge props to Mina and Quilford for eventually coming through as obviously town, which is what helped catch ETL as much as anything. Metal Sonic, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you'd have lynched ETL over me in endgame, but as some serious feedback, if you want to be more convincing, you should try to cut your posting level to a fraction of what it is now. More text and larger font =/= more convincing, and had you actually been right about Quilford we would have lost the game. The more spam you posted about him, the more it made him look like town, and it made me less likely to listen to any valid points you did make.

Metal Sonic has a weird stuff though - I scum read from the short stuff and town read him from the long stuff (his catchup posts in nightless), but then due to what I know of how he actually plays (and that I've always managed to scumread him), it makes sense to flip to flip it around.

In post 444, Zar wrote:
Regfan however has officially become a Day Three policy lynch :P

I say Day 2! Although it was basically a gut read that I tried to find better reasons for.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:29 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Also talking for replacements that happened, I think giving teams negative points would work best, but say allow them to have two free swaps between existing team members. In case of actual flakes/emergices where the person wouldn't be able to be playing in the other game, there should be a 5th person who doesn't start with a role. This way everyone will know who is actually likely to come in.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by wgeurts »

What's nightless vengeful mayhem's win rate like?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 529, Cheery Dog wrote:there should be a 5th person who doesn't start with a role. This way everyone will know who is actually likely to come in.

I don't mind this idea at all - a team of 5 with 4 people actually in games, the last person moreso there to help team mates with their games and be there if a replacement is needed. I'm sure there's been plenty of people that'd be willing to take a position like that too.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 474, AngryPidgeon wrote:I'm not even gonna go into the battle plan I had going on. You were on my mind and normally I am pretty terrified of you as scum, but this time would have been different :P
Sincerely doubt that.

I mean, your slot was technically not in the firing line for me before you came in, but when you did, I basically went, "Yep, he's pretty much gonna be scum here." :P

Honestly though, we were gonna win no matter what. There were only three players I'd have accepted a lynch on: Esp, Vezok, and you. I knew between the three, one would die via kill (and I was 99% sure singer was killing your slot) and two via the lynch.

...Still disappointed singer shot ya, though. I mean,
yeah
, we won, but I didn't get to catch you scum the thread up because you died before making a single post.
In post 499, pieguyn wrote:
In post 475, Fenchurch wrote:I think sthar is most likely the final scum in the Mini Normal. If he is I will feel good because these were my reads from our team topic directly post-death:

oh my god
I had actually thought of this (you being NK'ed for having both scum as scum), but I'm a fucking moron and it didn't register you all were scum reading sthar. of course looking back at it now you all quite visibly were. ggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh I fucking hate everything
<3 pie

Stick around and I'll give you a scummie nom. (Yes I'll resort to bribery to keep a friend around. :P)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:57 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 525, wgeurts wrote:Can I get PM'ed the scum in the normal, I want to know who our team's forced to be rooting for. :P

Please don't do this. I'd rather not risk any accidental leaks.
Trans rights are human rights.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:15 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Trojan has an awesome join date.

Doesn't he know that statistically scum are almost always the third vote on a wagon?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 531, Regfan wrote:
In post 529, Cheery Dog wrote:there should be a 5th person who doesn't start with a role. This way everyone will know who is actually likely to come in.

I don't mind this idea at all - a team of 5 with 4 people actually in games, the last person moreso there to help team mates with their games and be there if a replacement is needed. I'm sure there's been plenty of people that'd be willing to take a position like that too.

Sounds cool. An optional "substitute" member.
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:32 am

Post by Magua »

The last scum in the Normal was Malakittens. Nexus is just bastard modding at this point.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Nexus »

Yeah we're playing Pink Flag Town
Trans rights are human rights.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 421, Ankamius wrote:
In post 235, Wisdom wrote:i personally blame ank because he didnt listen to me, not ika, but it doesnt change the fact that ika quickhammered without much thinking.

You're really fucking unbelievable, you know that?

Sorry, that came out harsher than I intended. I understand the lylo pressure and CES was pretty scummy, so I don't think that you played bad or anything, you went for a lynch of a player that was very likely scum. It's just that a little more thinking on both your part and ika's would make you realize that Reg was a better lynch than CES no matter what. I think you said it yourself that CES-BBT was impossible; that made a regfan lynch a nobrainer.

I feel bitter about it because I was accurate on both BBT and Regfan and I really wanted us to go 4-0, so seeing you making the suboptimal choice and that costing us the fourth win leaves me sad. Obviously it is just a game and I won't hold it against you; this was just this bitterness of me showing in that post.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 427, Kagami wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing the cockettes win purely for being a solid team that didn't need replacements.

Indecisive didn't either?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:24 am

Post by singersigner »

Their team was arguably less "solid."
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Wisdom »

I believe Kagami's point was that they should win because they didn't need replacements, but that's true for Indecisive too
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 427, Kagami wrote:4. Point system determines victor. +10 points for winning a game, -3 points for swapping teammates between games, -2 points for replacing a teammate. Special penalties for things like the nacho slip (-5 points or w/e). Any tiebreaking system we apply here if town wins the normal is going to be flawed; I wouldn't mind seeing the cockettes win purely for being a solid team that didn't need replacements.

Like, based on her system both teams would have 40 points after a townwin in the normal so it would still need a tiebreaker
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 541, Wisdom wrote:I believe Kagami's point was that they should win because they didn't need replacements, but that's true for Indecisive too
Well Mara disappeared after she died in her game, while having contributed fairly minimally to any other (a few words for mine). notty contributed only to his own game. pie and I were the only two who got involved in the other three's games, and I only got involved in Mara's postmortem with me throwing out a blind guess at ETL being scum. (Which she was.) And similarly, only in pie's D2 onward and in notty's at the contemporary timeframe (after D1). pie, too, mostly contributed to the lategame of other games particularly mine.

So while we didn't need replacements, we weren't exactly holding the fort very strongly. notty had extreme activity issues, and so did I. (Albeit at different times.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Wisdom »

I don't think either of the other two teams were better than you but that's not the point here. Kagami was suggesting that her system counters the need for a tiebreaker when it doesn't is the point
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 543, mastin2 wrote:
In post 541, Wisdom wrote:I believe Kagami's point was that they should win because they didn't need replacements, but that's true for Indecisive too
Well Mara disappeared after she died in her game, while having contributed fairly minimally to any other (a few words for mine). notty contributed only to his own game. pie and I were the only two who got involved in the other three's games, and I only got involved in Mara's postmortem with me throwing out a blind guess at ETL being scum. (Which she was.) And similarly, only in pie's D2 onward and in notty's at the contemporary timeframe (after D1). pie, too, mostly contributed to the lategame of other games particularly mine.

So while we didn't need replacements, we weren't exactly holding the fort very strongly. notty had extreme activity issues, and so did I. (Albeit at different times.)

I had to get carried HARD in signs and void

I think my performance in that game alone moves us away from "solid"
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:01 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

@Mastin: Why did you think I was scum in Signs and Void?

In every game I've played since I came back scum pushed for my lynch. There are a few people who can read me well and I thought you were one of them.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:12 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 546, vezokpiraka wrote:@Mastin: Why did you think I was scum in Signs and Void?
Well in part because you were being a huge ass, and in part because I had run out of better ideas. You weren't really so much a scumread as a, "Well we might as well lynch him and hope for the best" read.
My academy.
Agnigi
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:14 am

Post by fferyllt »

I don't remember vezok being a huge ass, but I think my "being an ass" yardstick is a little off.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

anyway, my vezok townread stood throughout the game. Really the only townreads that faded for me after day 1 ended were actiondan and shadoweh. Action Dan's reaction to being run up on day 1 gave me "town pr" vibes, but he was having very little positive impact on the game. And I had the same complaint about shadoweh as the game progressed. though her certainty that she'd conftowned herself did resonate as authentic.

Mastin, your apparent certainties (and arrogance about them) worried me. I trusted nacho's read of you, but from my experience, your play didn't feel right.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”