fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm fine with releasing it. I'm a little sad that Reck's nixed sharing theirs.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Ours is mostly us bitching.
To be clear: quack
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by fferyllt »

ours is pretty sparse.

Idic
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Ours is 100 pages long...or will be when I finish spam posting it.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Titus »

Fine with releasing ours...Tone yours might be longer.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 625, fferyllt wrote:I'm fine with releasing it. I'm a little sad that Reck's nixed sharing theirs.

yeah I did too

it got pretty acerbic
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by zoraster »

just to reiterate: I won't do anything unless I am told by a team member BY PM. It helps when you link me to the thread in question too btw (I see every PT on the site, so sometimes going through it takes me a long time).
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by T-Bone »

We all say bad things in the privacy of our PTs....as long as it's not about me UT I'll forgive you if you share it.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

think i'll nix my thread for the hell of it
You can't step in the same river twice.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 617, T-Bone wrote:Pretty sure this was gimmick infringement upon a certain God with three-pointed protruderances protruding from it's pantolones region.

i dont understand the reference here
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah not releasing mine

i think it becomes bannable if it goes public, so
green shirt thursdays
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Zeus is my only idea. I'm lost too otherwise.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 631, zoraster wrote:just to reiterate: I won't do anything unless I am told by a team member BY PM. It helps when you link me to the thread in question too btw (I see every PT on the site, so sometimes going through it takes me a long time).

you can share the Gestalt PT.

Idic
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by Glork »

zoraster wrote:5. Young and Beautiful were the only team that won all four games. I know it was suggested in the dead thread that something other than wins should determine things, but ultimately any team that is perfect in their games should be eligible for a victory.

As someone who didn't participate (didn't know how cancer treatment would affect my time on site) but followed along, I feel fairly confidently neutral in saying this: This is pretty terrible.

It's been shown long ago that win/loss records don't really correlate in any way to talent/ability or contribution. This is especially true when game imbalance and uneven distribution of factions plays a factor. I never won a paragon based on win/loss record, and though I haven't tallied my raw statistics in years, I know that at least as of like 2011 I had more town losses than wins. There's something fundamentally wrong with the scoring when a team that did relatively little in their victories happened to be the only team that went 4-0, because their non-teammates carried them to victory four times. The idea that overall win/loss record should be a major determining factor in Team Mafia is about as backwards as can be.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

The Goo is happy to release our PT. Most of it is unattractively formatted Skype logs but there are bonus pictures of our IRL consultations if you stick through it.
#greenshirtthursdays
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 635, xRECKONERx wrote:yeah not releasing mine

i think it becomes bannable if it goes public, so

damn
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 638, Glork wrote:
zoraster wrote:5. Young and Beautiful were the only team that won all four games. I know it was suggested in the dead thread that something other than wins should determine things, but ultimately any team that is perfect in their games should be eligible for a victory.

As someone who didn't participate (didn't know how cancer treatment would affect my time on site) but followed along, I feel fairly confidently neutral in saying this: This is pretty terrible.

It's been shown long ago that win/loss records don't really correlate in any way to talent/ability or contribution. This is especially true when game imbalance and uneven distribution of factions plays a factor. I never won a paragon based on win/loss record, and though I haven't tallied my raw statistics in years, I know that at least as of like 2011 I had more town losses than wins. There's something fundamentally wrong with the scoring when a team that did relatively little in their victories happened to be the only team that went 4-0, because their non-teammates carried them to victory four times. The idea that overall win/loss record should be a major determining factor in Team Mafia is about as backwards as can be.

This was a big gripe against The Captains when we won it in 2012.
What metric would you rather have?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Perhaps the surveys could be tweaked so that, post-game, players rank each other on how strongly they contributed to their alignment's cause, with votes for oneself being disallowed. Then add some weight to that if their alignment won.
#greenshirtthursdays
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by notscience »

I have an issue with the way you design this complex, difficult to orchestrate priveledge because thanks to my team not winning all 4 games I find the team that did not good enough to warrant the victory.

Please, take my opinion into account automatically and strip them of their victory and give it to someone else.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Are the rest of the game threads going to be unlocked too?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by zoraster »

If there is something "fundamentally wrong" with it, then there is something fundamentally wrong with Team Mafia as a whole. Either we operate under the (perhaps fictional) idea that skill influences wins or we don't. But I'm not having a winner of Team Mafia as a whole be a team that won fewer games than another team. It would be unfair, it would defeat the purpose of Team Mafia, etc. It's one thing to use subjective measures as a tie-breaker. It's another to act as if wins and losses don't matter -- they do.

Ultimately I don't know how much simpler or fairer it can be than this: If you win more mafia games than other teams, you win Team Mafia. Any other standard is unacceptable.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 642, ChannelDelibird wrote:Perhaps the surveys could be tweaked so that, post-game, players rank each other on how strongly they contributed to their alignment's cause, with votes for oneself being disallowed. Then add some weight to that if their alignment won.

Did you mean:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=61996
link in bio
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 645, zoraster wrote:

If there is something "fundamentally wrong" with it, then there is something fundamentally wrong with Team Mafia as a whole. Either we operate under the (perhaps fictional) idea that skill influences wins or we don't. But I'm not having a winner of Team Mafia as a whole be a team that won fewer games than another team. It would be unfair, it would defeat the purpose of Team Mafia, etc. It's one thing to use subjective measures as a tie-breaker. It's another to act as if wins and losses don't matter -- they do.

Ultimately I don't know how much simpler or fairer it can be than this: If you win more mafia games than other teams, you win Team Mafia. Any other standard is unacceptable.

Trying to make the victor of team mafia be determined by something else more primarily than anything other than wins is putting too much value in wins anyway.

People obsess a lot over the outcome of a game, but sometimes things just happen that are out of your control. If those things cause you to lose a mafia game, why should the standard change for team mafia to determine a winner through a subjective evaluation of skill?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by singersigner »

Mina, Zar, and Regfan are winners in my heart.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Hopefully if there's another one of these and I play again, my team will fare better than 0-4.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”