Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Kison »

So does anyone have a problem with me choosing the first person for the mass claim? I have a good idea of who it will be.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'd rather we waited to hear from everyone on whether a MC is a good idea at all.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Kison »

This is assuming we do agree to it -- since most people aren't even participating in the thread.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:10 am

Post by Phoebus »

Vote Count

1 Raffles (Thok)

10 not voting

6 to lynch

Will look into the MIA problem now...
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Lowell »

Truth be told I have exactly zero idea what's going on.

And yeah, I know I could read back, but I'd much rather just claim. Much easier for the lazy of heart.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Lowell wrote:Truth be told I have exactly zero idea what's going on.

And yeah, I know I could read back, but I'd much rather just claim. Much easier for the lazy of heart.
QFAT. I'd request replacement if i didn't think this town was so heavily dependant on my input. :wink:
I'm prepared to claim if somebody can explain why now is the time for us to do so.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I don't have any quarrel with a mass claim, but I have been and will continue to be busy over the next week or so, so I might not be quick to respond when it comes my turn.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
The Greg
The Greg
Goon
The Greg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by The Greg »

Battle Mage wrote:I'm prepared to claim if somebody can explain why now is the time for us to do so.
Why now is a good time to mass claim

• We have lost or outed enough power roles that mass claiming is likely to help us more than hurt us.
  • We've lost one cop and
    may
    have another who can investigate dodgy claims.
  • If we have masons, its best to claim while they are still alive and can confirm each other.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:47 am

Post by Kison »

Is anyone
against
mass claiming?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'm kinda ambivalent right now, having been for previously, but I certainly wouldn't oppose it. Do want a PBuG replacement first, mind.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:09 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Let's get the claims going nothing much else seems to be devleoping.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Kison »

Well it's been a few days now, and Battle Mage is the closest thing to opposition that I've seen. He's been given his reasons and has yet to respond to them.

The List of Fully Claimed Players

1) Kison - Witch Sister
2) theopor_COD - Hider
3) Akbar - Doctor

The List of Partially Claimed Players

1) PBuG - Nameless

The List of Unclaimed Players

1) Battle Mage
2) Fuldu
3) Lowell
4) Raffles
5) The Fonz
6) The Greg
7) Thok

Not seen anyone express opposition to my choosing who claims first, either. So with that in mind, Thok, how about telling us a little bit about yourself.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Thok »

Sigh. You've almost certainly seen me out all three nights that you've been out (given that I've seen you all three nights you've claimed to be out), and a clever person should be able to deduce what my role is from what's happening in the thread. Do you really want me to claim now?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Kison »

Thok wrote:Sigh. You've almost certainly seen me out all three nights that you've been out (given that I've seen you all three nights you've claimed to be out), and a clever person should be able to deduce what my role is from what's happening in the thread. Do you really want me to claim now?
You're right -- I think I know who you are based on something I saw.

Battle Mage, you were the close second, claim!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:42 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Kison wrote:
Thok wrote:Sigh. You've almost certainly seen me out all three nights that you've been out (given that I've seen you all three nights you've claimed to be out), and a clever person should be able to deduce what my role is from what's happening in the thread. Do you really want me to claim now?
You're right -- I think I know who you are based on something I saw.

Battle Mage, you were the close second, claim!
that sounds ominous. After my claim, i'd like an 'actual' claim from Thok, unless Kison is absolutely CERTAIN that Thok is town, and can vouch for him 100%.

I think i'm vanilla here, but i'll go and check now.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:44 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

crap. I've lost my original role pm. I'll pm Phoebus to resend it to me. I don't mind if you want to put a hold on all claims until i have retrieved it. Gives us a chance to hear from Thok anyway.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Akbar
Akbar
Goon
Akbar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:55 am

Post by Akbar »

Vote Battle Mage
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Kison »

I can't vouch 100%, else there wouldn't be much point in having him claim.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

Akbar wrote:
Vote Battle Mage
It's kinda essential to a massclaim that no-one comment on anyone else's claim, until everyone has claimed.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:03 am

Post by Thok »

Battle Mage wrote:that sounds ominous. After my claim, i'd like an 'actual' claim from Thok, unless Kison is absolutely CERTAIN that Thok is town, and can vouch for him 100%.
I'm sorry, you aren't the close to confirmed innocent. I'll go when Kison or PBug tells me to go and not sooner.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Kison »

For the record, I don't think it's fair that we skip BM because he mysteriously lost his role PM.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Thok wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:that sounds ominous. After my claim, i'd like an 'actual' claim from Thok, unless Kison is absolutely CERTAIN that Thok is town, and can vouch for him 100%.
I'm sorry, you aren't the close to confirmed innocent. I'll go when Kison or PBug tells me to go and not sooner.
you are surely aware that massclaims do not only occur when there are confirmed innocents. Rather Kison and PBug have been given the right to choose the claim order. You were asked to claim, and have not done so. Thus i think it is fair to
Vote: Thok
until such a time as you do so.

Fyi, i sent a pm to Phoebus last night. I've ALREADY SAID that its fine for you to wait for him to reply. What does bug me is when i get shit for not having a role pm, for a game i started AGES ago. As it is my inbox is 99% full at all times. I don't usually delete role pms until the game is over, and i've got Townie written down on my list of games/roles, but i figured you'd probably want some flavour to go with that, which fyi, I didnt memorise. :evil:

I'm guessing from comments from Kison and Thok that my opinion in this game means jack-shit, but if anybody else gives a fuck, I'd like an explanation for Akbar's vote, which doesnt amount to " he lost his role pm-he must be scum"
:roll:

(A pi$$ed off) BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Thok »

Battle Mage wrote:you are surely aware that massclaims do not only occur when there are confirmed innocents. Rather Kison and PBug have been given the right to choose the claim order. You were asked to claim, and have not done so. Thus i think it is fair to
I asked permission from Kison to go later, with a partial explanation on why I should go later, and he agreed to it. Had he chosen to make me go early in the claim order, I would have done so. Moreover, you almost certainly have less information than either me or Kison on this subject. For all you know, Kison may plan on having me go after you claim anyways.

I don't believe you are the play today (theodor's claim is a slight plus for you, no matter what his alignment is), but that doesn't mean I have to listen to you.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Thok wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:you are surely aware that massclaims do not only occur when there are confirmed innocents. Rather Kison and PBug have been given the right to choose the claim order. You were asked to claim, and have not done so. Thus i think it is fair to
I asked permission from Kison to go later, with a partial explanation on why I should go later, and he agreed to it. Had he chosen to make me go early in the claim order, I would have done so. Moreover, you almost certainly have less information than either me or Kison on this subject. For all you know, Kison may plan on having me go after you claim anyways.

I don't believe you are the play today (theodor's claim is a slight plus for you, no matter what his alignment is), but that doesn't mean I have to listen to you.
tbh, if you aren't willing to listen to people if they aren't absolutely 100% town, you must be a real bastard in small games. lol

You should surely understand that people are going to find it a tad suspicious if, when asked to claim, you make a strange inference that Kison already has evidence of you being town, and then he backtracks, saying that he believes you, with no claim being made.

vote stands for now.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:39 am

Post by Thok »

Battle Mage wrote:tbh, if you aren't willing to listen to people if they aren't absolutely 100% town, you must be a real bastard in small games. lol
No, I'm not listening to you because I don't see any evidence of good logic from you on this subject. You clearly have less information about this subject than either Kison or me (and it's clear you haven't tried to analyze the info I have given.) If you really think that I should claim soon, you should try to convince Kison why he should overrule his better judgement and make me claim earlier.

(As an aside, I'll note that if anybody does have a guess for what role I am, they should keep quiet about it until the claim is over.)

I'll point out that this is not the only time this game you haven't shown good judgement (losing your role PM, voting N9V all of yesterday).

BM-can you at least tell us what you do remember from your role? i.e. you may not have the exact flavor, but surely you remember what sort of possible role powers you have (to some extent).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”