Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:59 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 20, Thor665 wrote:
In post 18, Mathdino wrote:Above post is rubbing me the wrong way and I checked his usual entrance posts and it's not his shtick or anything. ZOMG FRO99ER WAGONZ FTW.

What is his usual schtick?

Shit I just had this whole medley of entrance quotes before remembering to shut up about ongoing games. If you're interested you should go read for yourself.

To paraphrase though, what I meant to say is "over-the-top super emotion-internetty" isn't his typical style. I wouldn't say he has a standout style, it's pretty normal and pretty friendly but not THIS friendly.

In post 21, toolenduso wrote:Also hi BBT and Thor!

Also, Math, did you know you're at like L-3 or something? If I'm counting right?

Don't really care. This post seems townish though. The reminder thing weirded me out at first but then I realised oh hey, effort to get reactions, nice.

Edit: Conclusion is simply that I've never seen him flip scum and his tone is usually more normal and less over-the-top when he enters games. It's not super solid but it's a lead and we can get Frogger's input later.

@Frogger:
Please explain what the deal is with the entrance post.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

What's wrong with the tone of the post?
I read it as lighthearted and, honestly, got a slight town vibe off it - I don't even remotely see the issue in tone and the meta issue appeared to be a lie. I felt like he was working hard to justify a gak vote, and then you agreed with him, which is almost worse on a scale of derp to scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 25, Mathdino wrote:Smurf I just had this whole medley of entrance quotes before remembering to shut up about ongoing games. If you're interested you should go read for yourself.

If you take out replace-in games, I don't think this is true at all.
And I also don't think replace-ins can be credited as the same mindset.
And I still see 'friendly' as an overarching theme regardless.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 26, Thor665 wrote:What's wrong with the tone of the post?
I read it as lighthearted and, honestly, got a slight town vibe off it - I don't even remotely see the issue in tone and the meta issue appeared to be a lie. I felt like he was working hard to justify a gak vote, and then you agreed with him, which is almost worse on a scale of derp to scum.

This is;

@Tool
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:39 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 25, Mathdino wrote:
@Frogger:
Please explain what the deal is with the entrance post.

You're reading way too much into my entrance post. There is no "deal" with my entrance post.

I'm excited to play with Plotinus, who I've never played with.
I'm excited to play with BBT, but if he's scum I'm probably fucked.
tex and lapsa I mentioned because they were the last two to confirm (they were the last two unbolded in the intro post)
Mathdino had a wagon, and I'm a mathematician, so I thought that was fun to mention
And because I mentioned wagons, I was cognizant of two votes on myself, so I joked about that as well.

You figure out if I'm scum or town by my scumhunting abilities, my willingness to push and prod in the right places, etc. If you're going off my meta of entrance posts, you'll be set up for failure. But I appreciate the efforts.

What
I
am curious about is this:

In post 24, toolenduso wrote:It was the tone of the post

What about my tone in that post was scummy?

Pedit: see thor is asking about tone too
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:45 am

Post by Mathdino »

I read it as lighthearted and, honestly, got a slight town vibe off it - I don't even remotely see the issue in tone and
the meta issue appeared to be a lie. I felt like he was working hard to justify a gak vote
, and then you agreed with him, which is almost worse on a scale of derp to scum.

Gonna assume this is about me even if the rest of the post was to tool. Just wanna say that I did look at all his entrance posts before voting and had I felt this was just his usual thing I'd have left alone. Now that that's covered

In post 27, Thor665 wrote:
In post 25, Mathdino wrote:Smurf I just had this whole medley of entrance quotes before remembering to shut up about ongoing games. If you're interested you should go read for yourself.

If you take out replace-in games, I don't think this is true at all.
And I also don't think replace-ins can be credited as the same mindset.
And I still see 'friendly' as an overarching theme regardless.

Honestly if I argue further on this it's gonna come to a standstill, but I'm guessing you're doing this to see me explain my reasoning so
The hearts weird me out, the "list of possible people to RVS" thing weirds me out, and the overusage of exclamation marks and ZOMG WAGONZ weirds me out. Probably the list is what stands out more than anything.

Edit: Standard acknowledgement that Frogger responded to the question. Vote's gonna stand for now.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Plotinus »

If fro99er is scum, it’s probably his first time so it’ll be obvious soon enough, I think.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:52 am

Post by toolenduso »

Working hard to justify a gak vote, yes. That's a good way to put it. Kind of like wanting to mask any meaning behind it. Just a general vibe (weak, mind you) of being conscious of the way he looked.

Why is agreeing with it scummy in particular?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:57 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 30, Mathdino wrote:the list is what stands out more than anything.

Mathdino. Are you are using me making a list of people against me? Seriously? Ok...

Newbie 1593 and newbie 1608 (my two completed games I can talk about) I had absolutely ZERO meta with ANYONE on this site except Enomis in Newbie 1608, who I played with briefly in another game that is ongoing before I replaced out. Also, newbie 1608 was a replace in, so if you're going to use intro post meta against me there, that's silly. We're not in early game state when I replace into a game late in D1.

In Newbie 1593 GIF had some intel on me so I responded to the one person I had some interaction with there as my intro post, but I had zero meta with him before. And in Newbie 1608 I mentioned to BBT I am an Everton fan too, but that was upon his entrance, since he replaced in after I did.

But yeah, I had no reason to make lists in those other newbies. I have reasons now.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:02 am

Post by toolenduso »

Fro99er, do you think mine or Math's votes on you/our follow-ups on those votes are scummy?

Or do you think any of the votes on Math look suspicious?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 32, toolenduso wrote:gak vote

What does this mean? Honest question, I don't know if that's an acronym or if a gak vote is a term I'm not picking up as someone still fairly new to this site.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:05 am

Post by toolenduso »

Not an acronym as far as I know. I was using it just to mean a non-serious vote.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:07 am

Post by texcat »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: toolenduso

Sheep of Mathdino, followed by a backing off of his vote, followed by defensiveness.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 34, toolenduso wrote:Fro99er, do you think mine or Math's votes on you/our follow-ups on those votes are scummy?

Yours. Feels sheeped and unoriginal. But I understand wanting an early wagon, so I really don't read it as too scummy right now.

Or do you think any of the votes on Math look suspicious?

Not really, no.

I like my Lapsa vote because Lapsa and tex were last two to confirm, delaying game start and giving scum more time to talk before game start. I didn't see who was the third to last to confirm, because the game starts when 11 of 13 confirm, but I did see tex and Lapsa were the last two.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:11 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 38, Fro99er wrote:I didn't see who was the third to last to confirm, because the game starts when 11 of 13 confirm, but I did see tex and Lapsa were the last two.

Heh. Me actually.

In post 37, texcat wrote:Sheep of Mathdino, followed by a backing off of his vote, followed by defensiveness.

Backing off? My vote's still on him...
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 39, toolenduso wrote:Backing off? My vote's still on him...

In post 24, toolenduso wrote:Yeah, I hadn't looked at the meta when I voted him. It was the tone of the post.
After looking at it the meta part isn't so convincing to me
, but hey it's page one.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:17 am

Post by texcat »

In post 29, Fro99er wrote:Mathdino had a wagon, and I'm a mathematician, so I thought that was fun to mention

Oh no, not another mathematician. :shifty: Mathematicians are so often nerdy about the oddest things. My mathematician brother-in-law gave me a 20 minute lecture about what 30% chance of rain meant a couple of weeks ago. And I still don't understand it. :(

toolenduso wrote:Yeah, I hadn't looked at the meta when I voted him. It was the tone of the post. After looking at it the meta part isn't so convincing to me, but hey it's page one.

I would call this a backing off from your vote.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Mathdino »

I don't think either tex or lapse were online while the rest were, confirming happened in less than 12 hours idrc. If you wanna look at their post history you should, lemme know if you find anything incriminating.

Frogger why no vote? Also, reads?

Plotinus, reads on Frogger so far then?

Froggers over defencive response is kinda reinforcing my read right now considering he just made a point that his scumhunting will show he's town, not his meta.

On a side note, I don't understand who Thor and tool are referring to so someone should clarify their sentences...

On another sidenote, screw Everton.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 42, Mathdino wrote:Frogger why no vote?

I'm voting Lapsa. I'll answer the rest of your post in a sec.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:24 am

Post by Mathdino »

I felt tool's behaviour toward me and Frogger to be pretty genuine actually, and I don't think this is bias from agreement. At the very least the part you're calling backing off doesn't seem forced, which puts tool at worst null in my book.

And lol at mathematician comment. Good to see you again too tex xD

Edit: cool okay. Stoll interested to see post history results. On phone atm so no multutabbing :/
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 42, Mathdino wrote:I don't think either tex or lapse were online while the rest were, confirming happened in less than 12 hours idrc. If you wanna look at their post history you should, lemme know if you find anything incriminating.

They may not have been. But it's also possible they wanted to delay game start. When I made my post, that was mostly all there was to go by as scummy.

Frogger why no vote? Also, reads?

Reads? Ploti sounds genuine. Tool sounds slightly scummy, but I understand the wanting a wagon. You sound like you are scumhunting. Tex sounds like they are making the right push of tool (because they posted almost the same thing I posted at the same time), so I'm glad I voted Lapsa instead of Tex. Thor also is thinking a similar mindset to me when asking about tone to Tool, and is questioning your guys push on me. So town on him too.

Plotinus, reads on Frogger so far then?

Froggers over defencive response is kinda reinforcing my read right now considering he just made a point that his scumhunting will show he's town, not his meta.

Ok, yeah. I'm not doing scumhunting this early, am I? Not questioning tool about why my tone was bad, not throwing suspicion on the two to late confirm. I mean, that's pretty much what we have to go by right now. As far as defensive, I'm defensive both town and scum. I push back on people's reasons if they make no sense. I understand your push on me, but my intro post meta is pretty poor.

On another sidenote, screw Everton.

You're scum. But not mafiascum. Just scum :P
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:27 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 41, texcat wrote:
toolenduso wrote:Yeah, I hadn't looked at the meta when I voted him. It was the tone of the post. After looking at it the meta part isn't so convincing to me, but hey it's page one.

I would call this a backing off from your vote.

Oh I see what you mean. I mean yeah I did back off a little because I hadn't read the meta and then I did. As for my reactions being defensive I don't really see that but OK.

Math, which posts are you talking about that you don't understand?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 44, Mathdino wrote:Stoll interested to see post history results.

Looking this up, and looking up tool's as well, since he mentioned he was third to last.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Plotinus »

I don’t know fro99er well enough yet to have a serious read yet. This is our first game together, but we’ve spectated a few of each other’s games and then we finally had a conversation recently. I know that usually he’s pretty obvtown so given time he’ll be easy enough to sort.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 32, toolenduso wrote:Working hard to justify a gak vote, yes. That's a good way to put it. Kind of like wanting to mask any meaning behind it. Just a general vibe (weak, mind you) of being conscious of the way he looked.

Why is agreeing with it scummy in particular?

No idea who you guys are talking about here. Who's he, what's it, etc

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”