Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 45, KayP wrote:your second post was demanding better stuff from ducky. That's a bit hypocritical.

My second post had content in it. It explained WHY I was voting ducky, and it explained WHY I thought Bella and BBob (especially bella) were making good points/posts.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 49, KayP wrote:Can you explain a bit more what about ducky's posts make you think "lack of engagement"? I think I get what you mean, but that phrase is sort of just vague.

Do I need to ISO ducky to show why this is lack of engagement? Fine.

Spoiler: Ducky first post
In post 7, lalaladucks wrote:I'll quack you!

VOTE: THE BzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzULGE

A vote. Can't tell if this is RVS or some kind of meta with Bulge.
Spoiler: Ducky second post
In post 18, lalaladucks wrote:omigosh sah popular tysm guise I <3 you all!!

fro99er, frogs are sticky and icky!

have you seen DRK's GTKAS? omahlord o.0

Commenting on their L-2 as being popular, but saying nothing about it other than that. The rest is just silly reply stuff in response to my RVS vote on ducky.
Spoiler: Ducky third post
In post 19, lalaladucks wrote:
toot toot

Um. What?
Spoiler: Ducky fourth post
In post 21, lalaladucks wrote:
Heaven truly knows that thou art false as hell

Who is false as hell?

I mean, KayP, what do you see as engaging from ducky, in a pro-town productive way (if you were paying attention, I also didn't just say engaging, but also used the word productive, meaning I want ducky to provide something productive)? Sure, she's "engaging" us by posting cryptic things that I can't begin to interpret even if I wanted to (or if there was anything to interpret at all), but other than that, it's a bunch of fluff posts. If she wants to clarify the meaning of some of these posts, that would be spectacular.
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:45 am

Post by KayP »

In post 50, Fro99er wrote:
In post 45, KayP wrote:your second post was demanding better stuff from ducky. That's a bit hypocritical.

My second post had content in it. It explained WHY I was voting ducky, and it explained WHY I thought Bella and BBob (especially bella) were making good points/posts.

Yes, it did... err, let me back up, I feel like maybe I'm not being totally clear with you. Here's how I see it, and why there's an issue:

- You said hello to Bella, Glork, and UT, then voted ducks randomly.
- Ducks pops back in and jokes around a bit with some weird/out there posts referencing her having five votes already.
- You come back, stating you like your vote [which you later imply is because of meta + lack of engagement].

By the time you've confirmed your vote as real and not joking, you have meta reasons to dislike ducky's posts (three page one posts really early in the game) and cite her "lack of engagement". If someone had made the same accusations about you at the time you posted, it could've held true too -- you only had one non-serious post that people could claim was devoid of content, and with only one post that early (joking post) you also could be said to have a "lack of engagement".

My point in this is that your reasoning behind considering the vote "serious" seems flimsy when it could be applied to you, me, and probably the vast majority of the playerlist.
Definitions are the guardians of rationality, the first line of defense against the chaos of mental disintegration.

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 47, KayP wrote:Oh, sure, the goal is to find mafia. I agree there, that much is obvious. But given statistics, the person you are pushing/voting/arguing with is MORE LIKELY to be town than mafia since there are way more town than mafia in games. I guess I'm having trouble understanding why you seem to be STARTING from a mindset of "this person is mafia, prove me otherwise" instead of "this person is statistically likely to be town, unless proven otherwise".

I'm a statistician by trade, I don't need help with statistics, but thank you.

I'm not starting from a mindset of "this person is mafia" I'm starting from the mindset of "I'd like to have some productive talk from this person, because then I can start to understand their mindset". Productive talk is typically pro-town.

If I started with the mindset ducky is town, I'd have to start with the mindset that everyone is town, which would be silly. The goal is to find scum, not to assume everyone starts as town.

Anyway - I'd like to hear from both Ducky and Kitty, as I mentioned earlier. (lots of animals involved in this game!)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 41, KayP wrote:I was more fishing to see if this is standard for this website. I know everyone plays differently and has different expectations, but the 2-3 games I read didn't have this happen. and nobody else had commented on it.

It's not normal, but this isn't a normal game.

IT'S A LIGHTNING ROUND GAME.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:51 am

Post by KayP »

Regarding your breakdown of duck's posts:

The first one was a jokey/random vote with a jokey/random post. Similar to exactly your first post.

The second one, where duck comments on having 5 votes... what exactly would you expect someone to say here this early in the game about them having five votes? How should a townsperson react in this situation? How should a mafioso react?

I don't mind the video post, it just seemed kind of fun/random. The "false as hell" post was specifically directed towards TellTaleHeart asking for a triple vote from the moderator, and I thought that was fairly obvious?

I see ducky as at least wading in and getting her hands dirty and staying cool under having five votes. I see that ducky had at least made some attempt at saying things on the first page, whereas I could probably pick out five people who did nothing even remotely similar. I think "lack of engagement" could much more aptly describe plenty of players in the game over ducky, at least at the point where you made your second post.
Definitions are the guardians of rationality, the first line of defense against the chaos of mental disintegration.

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 am

Post by KayP »

In post 54, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 41, KayP wrote:I was more fishing to see if this is standard for this website. I know everyone plays differently and has different expectations, but the 2-3 games I read didn't have this happen. and nobody else had commented on it.

It's not normal, but this isn't a normal game.

IT'S A LIGHTNING ROUND GAME.

Okay, but... well first off, I don't know why you're yelling at me. And second off, it's "lightning round", but we still have a week, right? I don't think "one week to get day over with" justifies "someone being at five votes a few hours after the game begins".

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Green Crayons »

also

UNVOTE:
VOTE: For99ger

it's p obvious but I'll spell it out when I'm sober
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Green Crayons »

caps are for emphasis because it's hilarious

please don't think I'm yelling at you
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 52, KayP wrote:My point in this is that your reasoning behind considering the vote "serious" seems flimsy when it could be applied to you, me, and probably the vast majority of the playerlist.

My vote became serious when Ducky provided FOUR posts with lack of content. If you think my second, third, and fourth post was lack of engagement, I can't help you. You are just making stuff up now. Ducky had four posts with a complete lack of productive content.

Your early posts also had content (mentioning the L-2 in your second post, but your third post and now your push on me is even better content)! Bella's and Green Crayons and BBob's early posts also had good content!

This is why I'm pressuring ducky. Now we're just getting into stupid bickering mode.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm all for being fuck rvs

but fro99ger is like "HEY YALL how about some meta seriousness up in this thread SUPER SERIOUS FACE"

ugh stop it you scumbag
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

oh wow 4 posts

DID YOU SAY 4 POSTS

4 POSTS IN 3 PAGES

HOOOOLY CRAP GUYS

like, really, man?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 39, Untrod Tripod wrote:...are you high?

Agent of the Patriarchy: spotted.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:59 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 56, KayP wrote:Okay, but... well first off, I don't know why you're yelling at me. And second off, it's "lightning round", but we still have a week, right? I don't think "one week to get day over with" justifies "someone being at five votes a few hours after the game begins".

Just commenting about something is a great way to be scum.

"X-ACTION is suspicious, I do think!" - Exhibits activity and suspicion, without actually doing the thing that makes the game work (voting).

I was basically pressuring you to vote the person you thought most suspicious on the ducks wagon, because that was the appropriate follow-up to your observation that the ducks wagon did not appear protown-motivated.

Have you followuped voted yet? You should. I would be interested to see where it lands.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 61, Green Crayons wrote:oh wow 4 posts

DID YOU SAY 4 POSTS

4 POSTS IN 3 PAGES

HOOOOLY CRAP GUYS

like, really, man?

eh

I apologize for the asshole tenor of this post

but the point stands

~*~ arm cross, sunglasses on, cool face ~*~
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 60, Green Crayons wrote:like

I'm all for being fuck rvs

but fro99ger is like "HEY YALL how about some meta seriousness up in this thread SUPER SERIOUS FACE"

ugh stop it you scumbag

I tend to take this game pretty seriously, even more so than I should at times. I'm usually the one with the most posts or damn near close to it in most of my games. It gives me something to do when I sit on my ass watching sports and/or drinking booze. Usually to the point of pissing people off about how much I post (I see I've already accomplished that).
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:23 am

Post by KayP »

VOTE: Fro99er

I think we're just talking past each other at this point, but my earlier issues with the hollowness of the push on ducks still stands.

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Bellaphant »

So, is bad, but Kay's next post is a little better.

@Kitty, it's just there's no content, so it's hard to get a read from. Also, no desire to sort the game. I'm not going to argue that RVS is a state of mind, but generally when a few questions get asked, we're done. Which makes UT's post questionable.

Frogger is town. KayP is reaching, but she might be genuinely confused. @GC, why that vote? I'm missing the obvious, obviously :P He used meta, 'coz KayP was talking about it, no?

KayP's vote is worse, though, especially in response to GC
telling her to follow-up vote

Am I being paranoid, or is frog/kayP/GC interaction pinging for anyone else?
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:25 am

Post by KayP »

Can you explain
why
you thought my post #41 was bad, or why you think I'm reaching?

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 67, Bellaphant wrote:He used meta, 'coz KayP was talking about it, no?

To be fair, I was the one to bring up meta, in my response to Kitty Galore.

Speaking of. She asked you a question as well.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Fro99er »

^^(Kitty galore asked Bella a question, if that wasn't clear)
Bob Loblaw
Bob Loblaw
Townie
Bob Loblaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Bob Loblaw »

VOTE: Fro99er

hah
ahahehhehh
hahahAHHAHHEHEHEHAHHA
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:55 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@Kay, it was really vague. You seemed to saying you were commenting on the l-2 just to comment, which isn't really moving anything forward. Also, the burden of proof thing seemed backwards, so there wasn't a lot of drive behind your post.

@Frog, yeah, that's what I meant, sorry. Also, I've answered Kitty's questions

@boblob, what am I missing? 'Coz that looks like a naked vote waaaay too late in the game.
Bob Loblaw
Bob Loblaw
Townie
Bob Loblaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Bob Loblaw »

it's because I think he's scum

sorry if that was unclear
Bout to lob a Bob Loblaw bomb; duck.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 72, Bellaphant wrote:@Frog, yeah, that's what I meant, sorry. Also, I've answered Kitty's questions

My apologies. You have. Missed it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”