Goon
Vampirate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3925 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:21 am

Post by Vampirate »

In post 3921, Rubicon wrote:
In post 3918, PointYBagelS wrote:Actually I want to expand that question:

To people not voting either Nero or Rip: why not? It's pretty apparent that one or both of them is lying.

I agree with elusive, it's not obvious. Nero seems town and shouldn't really have claimed VT as ascetic. Meanwhile RIP was being treated as nearly confirmed town before this: why would he throw that away? What does he even gain from it?

It wouldn't exactly surprise me if we lynch RIP and he flips cop, we lynch Nero and he flips VT, and then when the game is over we find out there's a mafia JOAT and Shinobi laughs at us all for setup spec. Or RIP is somehow really confused and wasn't roleblocked at all.

I think You're and other people as well are letting a bit too much paranoia get to them as this is quite a bit of wifom here.

Honestly I see no reason for scum RIP to need esky draw attention to himself and fake a no result. Considering both players were in good standing before this it would make more sense to make Nero cleared and kill him at night than this. Much more simple and much less hassle and less chance of backfiring.
You are not more paranoid than me!!!!
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3926 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Shinobi »

PeaceBringer has been prodded.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3927 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Rubicon »

I'm gonna vote Drixx.
VOTE: Drixx
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3928 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:34 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3929 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:35 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

ignore that, no intent to post that link...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3930 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:37 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

so nothing has been explained adequately
so folks go back to the slot that did not act last night.
So are there 2 BGs left?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3931 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:38 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 3904, Grib wrote:I looked on the wiki, and literally the only possibility /aside from one of Nero or RIP being a lying scumbag/ is that there's a scum Rolestooper in play, who effectively targets someone and turns them into as Ascetic Bulletproof for the Night.

That's probably not a Thing this game. It's considered normal, but I've never heard of nor seen a Rolestopper.

Or there's a mechanic where the last scum inherits a power role from their dead teammates? Although the only useful one would be the Roleblock.

Easiest explanation is that one of Nero or RIP is lying and we should lynch one of them either toDay or toMorrow. I don't know why he's trying to come after me. Being jealous of my powers doesn't make me scum.

the other option is that Grib is lying scum... sure he did take out a scum, but remember the scum was a traitor...
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3932 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Rubicon »

Grib's town.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3933 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:40 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 3932, Rubicon wrote:Grib's town.

based on what Rubicon... you knows this for fact, if so how?
1 of Grib, Nero, or RIP is lying scum most likely. Any other option is beyond grasping.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3934 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:43 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 3921, Rubicon wrote:It wouldn't exactly surprise me if we lynch RIP and he flips cop, we lynch Nero and he flips VT, and then when the game is over we find out there's a mafia JOAT and Shinobi laughs at us all for setup spec. Or RIP is somehow really confused and wasn't roleblocked at all. Or doing a stupid gambit.

especially in light of this comment. If there is a mafia JOAT it is Grib.
PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3935 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:50 am

Post by PointYBagelS »

What king of mafia JOAT has a vig kill though?

Drixx is significantly less likely to be scum than anyone else. we should stop voting him. If he visited no one and there was a roleblock, the only way he's scum is if the mafia intentionally no-killed and there are 2 of them, or if a teammate performed the kill and a roleblock, which seems unlikely.

If Rip or Nero is lying, then obviously the scum is one of them. Only way Drixx is scum is if RIP/Nero performed the kill and there are 2 scum.

It's not imposible but at this stage it is very unlikely.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3936 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Grib »

Two mafia Roleblockers would be dumb.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3937 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3917, Rubicon wrote:The whole RIP thing?

But you didn't really answer my question. Why do you not want to lynch RIP?

I don't think the "RIP thing" is reason to stop suspecting Taly slot.

I also did answer your question. I still believe in my 9/5 thing.

I feel like Pointy's "one of Nero/RIP have to be scum" is false dichotomy. I don't think it makes a ton of sense on RIPs part as scum. I mean, part of me wants to be right b/c he was playing poorly/scummy but then who here isn't playing poorly?

Peace helped contribute to a possible no lynch, his track on Pointy felt like junk.

There's you selectively scumhunting.

There's Elusive who is just plain fucking junk. She was hesitant to vote her scum read (RC) was hesitant to vote (RM). She's pulling a Celt and claiming that I'm "obsessing" with her when you have to squint really really hard to see any sort of town motivation. I mean she
prob
is town but my reasons for suspecting her aren't the crap she's claiming they are.

Speaking of BBT, I don't feel like he really cares who gets lynched and thats pretty lame town play.

All we are getting from Drixx is lip service about future content, so there's like 0% reason to let that live. If that flips scum and the game isn't over then I'm going after Bagels.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3938 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3935, PointYBagelS wrote:If he visited no one and there was a roleblock, the only way he's scum is if the mafia intentionally no-killed and there are 2 of them

I still think that a 4/14 split makes sense, and 5 seems odd and I'm not sure why you and Elusive keep bringing that up but my question is...Rubi is saying that Taly flaked during the night and thus is scum could not have performed the kill yet you are ignoring this, why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #3939 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

If Nero and RIP are both truth telling then the tally/drixx slot is not scum. As there is an action that created no result. Tally/drixx did not act at all. If there is a kill and unidentified action out there. 2 scum left and tally/drixx committed neither.
Nero trying to argue otherwise and folks voting that slot is odd and off.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3940 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok, lets just say that RIP is telling the truth. Who is scum then?

If we say that Elusive is town b/c she was an attempted kill on night 1, and that taly slot is town for not going anywhere last night, and that RIP isn't lying scum...we are left with a pool of...

Rubicon
PointYBagelS
Vampirate

which is actually not that bad.

PointYBagelS
PointYBagelS
Goon
PointYBagelS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3941 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by PointYBagelS »

Even if it was a roleblock that still doesn't clear you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3942 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you ain't cleared either.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3943 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

vote:Rubicon

elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3944 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by elusive »

If Rubicon turns out to be scum, I get to choose his BLOSSOM based avatar. Did I ever write about my Rubicon dream in my old QTs? Or was it just fan fic :P

I'm not going to vote Rubicon unless incontrovertible evidence such as my being in the dead thread happens.

Why not Vampirate instead or PointyBagel, Nero?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3945 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by elusive »

Also no one has explained the lack of night kill yet. Other then Rubicon positing a theory that is.

NO ONE. HOW DAREST THY DEFY THE WILL OF TOWN...
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3946 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Rubicon »

What's your theory of what happened last night if I'm scum?

In post 3937, Nero Cain wrote:I feel like Pointy's "one of Nero/RIP have to be scum" is false dichotomy. I don't think it makes a ton of sense on RIPs part as scum. I mean, part of me wants to be right b/c he was playing poorly/scummy but then who here isn't playing poorly?

Quite a few people. That's why we've killed three scum in the last three day-night phases.

FMPOV, we had a pretty good guess at who the final scum were and then RIP said something that seemed mechanically impossible and since none of us can explain it, we're kind of going crazy second guessing ourselves trying to figure it out. In other words, the Mist.

I really, really want to just lynch the person who is scummy and playing just like the last few scum we've lynched (Drixx) but PB's point above does give me pause.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3947 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Rubicon »

elusive that's a cool avatar
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3948 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Rubicon »

I'm going to say now, if it turns out RIP is town and either wrong or lying about being roleblocked, I'm going to be pissed off.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3949 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by elusive »

I don't know if he's lying, I think we may have to lynch him to confirm if we're not lynching the Bella\Taly slot (sorry Drixx, I hope RL gets lovely soon) then one of Nero, Vampirate, PB, or RIP but I do know that NO RESULT is possible.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”