Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:25 am

Post by sangres »

I don't deny that this position is implausible coming from me as scum, but pretending that I don't have any alternatives is kind of ridiculous.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

I'm catching up now but I want to say that I probably won't be posting a whole lot today. I came back from lunch to see a rejection from a job I really, really wanted and am kind of not really in a fantastic mood right now.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 am

In post 250, sangres wrote:Pie is incredibly incredibly incredibly town. I think I'm going to vote RBD for not seeing that when they should have.

Vote: Rancid Broderick Drake

This is something that needs talked about like ASAP, though. Why does RBD get held to such a high standard of being able to read pieguyn accurately if they're town (assuming pieguyn is actually town here) rather than my slot or Gold Saucer (who I am assuming has been in a number of games with pie)? (Ignore this if this has already been answered, but I am reeling a bit from this vote and I'm not even super confident Muffin is town.)
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:53 am

Post by sangres »

I don't think pie being my town read should be particularly difficult to believe. She's posted a lot of shit in general. A lot of it has been undeniably genuine. I can understand the circumstances that caused her to post some of the more unreasonable shit. I have a tendency to care less about logical inconsistencies than you do. I do have a pretty high familiarity with pie, so I'm comfortable making a read like this. What am I missing that makes this sort of read unacceptable?
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:54 am

In post 265, sangres wrote:I think Gentleman Bastards is probably town; Regfan engaging tunnel mode after pieguyn overreacted to the initial push on her makes sense, and level engagement here is far more impressive than level of engagement in White Flag plus it would be oh so cruel for the RNG gods to give them scum here.

Also, Nacho, have you read any of my posts? I find it really jarring that you didn't even mention me in this explanation for a townread on our slot.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 am

Nacho, that question had absolutely nothing to do with pieguyn and everything to do with your read on Muffin so your latest is a non-answer.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:38 am

I see bork was asking the same question I was which is neat but I don't believe it was ever satisfactorily answered?

I know I need to ask pieguyn something but I totally forgot what it was.

Right now, still on observation mode while I wait for more content from Soft-spoken (when he's caught up anyway) and Yuriko.

Feel like I've lost my bearings. Maybe coming back to his game when I'm not in an awful mood will help me gamesolve.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

In post 372, Imperium wrote:
In post 363, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 360, sangres wrote:Who should my strongest townread be?

I would have thought you'd have a stronger read on, say, bork-hydra because I'm nowhere near as familiar with them as you are and I'm pretty sure they're town and they're not even my strongest town read tbh so yeah. I think you're

I can find scumgames from borkhydra that look pretty similar to this one (Tales of You). I can't find scumgames from pie that look anything like this. Can you?

Describe what "this" is. Because I've been talking to your other head about one such game with which I see similarities.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:55 am

Post by sangres »

I heard about Serum and Steel, haven't gotten the chance to go over it.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:56 am

Also if "this" is the push on Regfan and you think that's similar to something he's done as town before, what game/s are you referring to?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:58 am

Post by sangres »

In post 377, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 250, sangres wrote:Pie is incredibly incredibly incredibly town. I think I'm going to vote RBD for not seeing that when they should have.

Vote: Rancid Broderick Drake

This is something that needs talked about like ASAP, though. Why does RBD get held to such a high standard of being able to read pieguyn accurately if they're town (assuming pieguyn is actually town here) rather than my slot or Gold Saucer (who I am assuming has been in a number of games with pie)? (Ignore this if this has already been answered, but I am reeling a bit from this vote and I'm not even super confident Muffin is town.)

I think it's reasonable for you/Regfan to respond to the read because pie overreacted to your vote and I wouldn't expect her to have the same experience with pie that I/Muffin has. I think Tammy in general usually takes a long time to form reads, so her not having a town read to start is to be expected.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:59 am

Post by sangres »

In post 379, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 265, sangres wrote:I think Gentleman Bastards is probably town; Regfan engaging tunnel mode after pieguyn overreacted to the initial push on her makes sense, and level engagement here is far more impressive than level of engagement in White Flag plus it would be oh so cruel for the RNG gods to give them scum here.

Also, Nacho, have you read any of my posts? I find it really jarring that you didn't even mention me in this explanation for a townread on our slot.

Why?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:00 am

Post by sangres »

In post 380, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:Nacho, that question had absolutely nothing to do with pieguyn and everything to do with your read on Muffin so your latest is a non-answer.

That latest wasn't a response to your posting.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:02 am

Post by sangres »

In post 384, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:Also if "this" is the push on Regfan and you think that's similar to something he's done as town before, what game/s are you referring to?

The game I'm referencing is the newbie where I ended up pushing him, but my first reaction to his posting wasn't "this looks like that newbie game", it was "this posting looks really really town", which was the reaction I expected you to share/understand/agree with.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:06 am

Post by sangres »

In post 327, pieguyn wrote:if you've seen my other recent games, you'd notice that's not the first time I've stolen your phrases, either!

It seems odd you would steal a phrase if you were as frustrated as you seemed.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:09 am

You're still not saying what you thought looked "really town" about it
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:15 am

In post 375, sangres wrote:I don't deny that this position is implausible coming from me as scum, but pretending that I don't have any alternatives is kind of ridiculous.

Oh also I think you had alternatives, they were just all shitty from the perspective of you wanting to look like you were thinking about the game in a town way
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:24 am

Post by sangres »

In post 390, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:You're still not saying what you thought looked "really town" about it

It seemed like a genuine move, and it seemed like an unlikely approach for piescum to take. It seemed like an unlikely approach to take because even if pie was looking to fake aggression, it's a position I doubt she would take immediately (piescum would know that most people wouldn't take a page 4 aggressive push like that seriously, ever), and making pushes like that are really ridiculous risks that get people confbiased into a strong scum read immediately, which is hell to deal with as scum.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:28 am

Post by sangres »

In post 391, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 375, sangres wrote:I don't deny that this position is implausible coming from me as scum, but pretending that I don't have any alternatives is kind of ridiculous.

Oh also I think you had alternatives, they were just all shitty from the perspective of you wanting to look like you were thinking about the game in a town way

except nacho didn't need to look like he's thinking about the game, or even make an appearance. I've been playing with easy going confidence, had hit my stride and have been virtually fizzing with the joy that being town gives me.

If we were scum, the last thing nacho would have wanted to do was mess with that. This would be *my* break out game if we were scum.

We're not scum. We're gamesolving. If you're town, I think you should be able to see that.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:33 am

So you think that push seemed genuine because you don't think pieguy-scum would want to get into a tunnel argument?
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:40 am

Post by sangres »

In post 394, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:So you think that push seemed genuine because you don't think pieguy-scum would want to get into a tunnel argument?

ffery reply. I don't think scum-pieguy is afraid to tunnel. It's the zero to 100, wild-eyed paranoid leap into a 1v1 tunnel that doesn't look like something scum-pieguy would do. her tunnel in S&S didn't have even a whiff of wild-eyed paranoia.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:41 am

In post 393, sangres wrote:

except nacho didn't need to look like he's thinking about the game, or even make an appearance. I've been playing with easy going confidence, had hit my stride and have been virtually fizzing with the joy that being town gives me.

If we were scum, the last thing nacho would have wanted to do was mess with that. This would be *my* break out game if we were scum.

We're not scum. We're gamesolving. If you're town, I think you should be able to see that.

Um, I don't think nacho could have got away with not posting in this player list and I don't see the game solving you're apparently doing (though to be fair I don't have much of an issue with your posts - I just don't think you've done anything particularly town-looking and I don't believe for one second that you can honestly call nacho's play here game-solving)
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:48 am

Post by sangres »

In post 396, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:

Um, I don't think nacho could have got away with not posting in this player list and I don't see the game solving you're apparently doing (though to be fair I don't have much of an issue with your posts - I just don't think you've done anything particularly town-looking and I don't believe for one second that you can honestly call nacho's play here game-solving)

It absolutely is. he's come to the same conclusion about strong town reads and PoE. The only difference really is that he's ready to push and sort you, where I'd observe more and try to interact with nati before reaching enough of a conclusion about you specifically vs ot
In post 396, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:

It absolutely is. he's come to the same conclusion about our strong town reads and PoE. The only difference really is that he's ready to push and sort you, where I'd observe more and try to interact with nati before reaching enough of a conclusion about you to start a push on you guys.

Also, though scum-nacho wouldn't let me carry this slot, and nor would I want to, he was under no immediate pressure to show up and take stances.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:51 am

In post 395, sangres wrote:
In post 394, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:So you think that push seemed genuine because you don't think pieguy-scum would want to get into a tunnel argument?

ffery reply. I don't think scum-pieguy is afraid to tunnel. It's the zero to 100, wild-eyed paranoid leap into a 1v1 tunnel that doesn't look like something scum-pieguy would do. her tunnel in S&S didn't have even a whiff of wild-eyed paranoia.

Can you give me a specific example of the wide-eyed paranoia and talk about why you think it was town
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 398, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 395, sangres wrote:

Can you give me a specific example of the wide-eyed paranoia and talk about why you think it was town

To me, her reaction looked paranoid from the very start, hence my description of zero to 100. her expressions about the meta-circle are where that sense kinda peaked - like she felt town players closing ranks with scum-GB and she had to claw that loose and nascent rotten-at-the-center townbloc apart right then before it was too late. All of the stuff that boils down to semantics also looked super-paranoid to me, because she wasn't questioning how that could possibly be a misunderstanding coming from a town player.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”