Shadoxx8
Shadoxx8
Goon
Shadoxx8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by Shadoxx8 »

@Bob Lowlaw, can you explain your vote on me?

And I agree with lynching the Bulge, he's literally a waste of a slot. He's providing no support to the town, nor contributing any worthy analysis or reads.

Therefore:
Vote: The Bulge

I am considering this a valid vote. Adding proper vote tags below. -mq

VOTE: The Bulge
Last edited by Marquis on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
斬 MONADO BUSTER 機 MONADO ENCHANT 盾 MONADO SHIELD 疾 MONADO HASTE 破 MONADO PURGE 鎧 MONADO ARMOUR 喰 MONADO EATER 轟 MONADO CYCLONE

THIS is the passage of FATE!
Bob Loblaw
Bob Loblaw
Townie
Bob Loblaw
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Post by Bob Loblaw »

I can, and have.

Take a look (protip: page 16) then just add "and for not reading the thread" to whatever you find.
Bout to lob a Bob Loblaw bomb; duck.
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:55 am

Post by KayP »

VOTE: Shaddox
Definitions are the guardians of rationality, the first line of defense against the chaos of mental disintegration.

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Hey Kay: tell me why you've voted Shaddox, and I'll see if it matches up with the reason I wanna vote there?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:08 am

Post by Fro99er »

Yeah, no. You keep trying to follow the crowd

VOTE: Bella
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: ShaddoxFine, then. I hate the way the wagon dissipated, obvscum counter wagon is obvious.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Glork »

Bella, this is the second time you have immediately responded to a vote/criticism of your play by placing your vote to alleviate pressure on you. And both times you piled onto a player with existing suspicion. The last was when I voted you for your useless one-liner post and you responded by voting KayP.

Do you have any conviction in your votes/gameplay, or is your main priority trying to get people to not-suspect-you? Because I'm getting a huge chunk of the latter, and very little indication that you actually care about finding scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 423, Glork wrote:
Vote: Kitty Galore

Why?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
KayP
KayP
Goon
KayP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by KayP »

In post 428, Bellaphant wrote:Hey Kay: tell me why you've voted Shaddox, and I'll see if it matches up with the reason I wanna vote there?

I did it because nothing I said from yesterday has changed.
In post 429, Fro99er wrote:Yeah, no. You keep trying to follow the crowd

VOTE: Bella

When else did Bella try to follow the crowd?
In post 430, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: ShaddoxFine, then. I hate the way the wagon dissipated, obvscum counter wagon is obvious.

Hmm. I didn't even notice the wagon falling apart, but that's another point in favor of this lynch that I personally feel should have happened yesterday.
In post 431, Glork wrote:Bella, this is the second time you have immediately responded to a vote/criticism of your play by placing your vote to alleviate pressure on you. And both times you piled onto a player with existing suspicion. The last was when I voted you for your useless one-liner post and you responded by voting KayP.

Do you have any conviction in your votes/gameplay, or is your main priority trying to get people to not-suspect-you? Because I'm getting a huge chunk of the latter, and very little indication that you actually care about finding scum.

I'll echo the above: when was the other time?
Definitions are the guardians of rationality, the first line of defense against the chaos of mental disintegration.

~
Ayn Rand
~

I Stand With Rand!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 432, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 423, Glork wrote:
Vote: Kitty Galore

Why?

I'm operating under the assumption Bulge is getting replaced in the next day or two, and looking for more out of Kitty, given I think there's an above-average chance of at least one scum lurking their way through the game. But don't worry. I haven't forgotten about Bella or KP. Still waiting for Shadoxx to answer my question from D1, too.

@KayP: Posts 129-131, she makes a useless post, I call her out on it, she responds by jumping on you (who GC was voting and I *had* been voting until I called her out).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

So how did BiBob become a distraction from your scum group?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by Marquis »

Votecount here sometime tomorrow when at a computer. My schedule for the next two days is tight+flight, so hang in there.

With no new votes below on this page, the next votecount can be found at the top of the next page.
Last edited by Marquis on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
link in bio
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:33 am

Post by Glork »

In post 435, Green Crayons wrote:So how did BiBob become a distraction from your scum group?

He was making a power play late in the day, and in retrospect I got caught up in a bit of OMGUS. Tbh I hadn't fully considered the implications of BiBob being scum on my other suspects but that wasn't something I was particularly concerned about at the time. Options like multiball/SK were viable.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 434, Glork wrote:I'm operating under the assumption Bulge is getting replaced in the next day or two, and looking for more out of Kitty, given I think there's an above-average chance of at least one scum lurking their way through the game.
But don't worry. I haven't forgotten about Bella or KP.
Still waiting for Shadoxx to answer my question from D1, too.

So what was the point of this comment?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 433, KayP wrote:When else did Bella try to follow the crowd?

Um...it should be quite obvious. Glork already pointed out posts 130/131 where he calls out Bella, and Bella responds with a vote on KayP. Then she does the same thing just now when I call her out (she responds with a vote on Shadoxx). But the parts that bothered me the most about Bella were the points I made yesterday, and then how the end of D1 went down. First are the points I made yesterday:
Spoiler: Frog on Bella D1
In post 356, Fro99er wrote:But where Bella starts to worry me is she then moves her vote on to ducky for lack of content, but otherwise goes unexplained. This felt opportunistic, and at that point ducky had started to actually provide content (see Ducky content in 90, 105, 107, 141 (which was sheeped KayP reasoning though)). Yes, ducky's content wasn't fantastic, but Bella didn't really follow up on it, and it felt opportunistic to get ducky to L-2 with deadline approaching.

After post 294, Bella starts to get even worse. She changes her vote to Shadoxx for calling her town. I guess she thinks Shadoxx is cozying up to her as scum, but it feels so reactionary (I might think differently from Bella, but I start to notice buddying after a bit of a pattern of it) and again opportunistic, this time putting Shadoxx at L-3 for a single reason. She's been a wagon hopper rather than a wagon starter at every point after her KayP vote. In 340, Bella claims Shadoxx throws suspicion at her, but I don't see it above ("God help us if you are mafia" isn't exactly throwing suspicion, it's more a statement of belief in his mind). Bella, what other reasons do you have for voting Shadoxx besides them calling you towny?

TL;DR --
Bella is moving into my scum pile after an early towny start, for unoriginal and opportunistic hopping on the ducky and shadoxx wagons with weak arguments.

Speaking of follow the crowd, let's look at how Bella ends D1. First...
Spoiler: Bella follows townreads
In post 359, Bellaphant wrote:I should probably follow my town-reads for a bit (you, GC).

In post 404, Bellaphant wrote:Same. Someone asked me for my read on the slot: his early game was townie, it dipped a bit, now I'm not sure.
But I said I'd follow my town-reads and the strongest two are on that wagon

She says twice that she simply wants to follow town reads (instead of actually, you know, doing some scumhunting). This is a "trying to fit in as a townsperson" mentality.

Then later that same post Bella says...
Would prefer a claim, tho.

Prefer a claim??? With 1 hour left on D1??? What's the point in wanting a claim there? I mean, first, BiBob was on V/LA...so he wasn't going to claim. Next, the second biggest wagon had TWO votes (which ironically was the Shadoxx wagon which Bella and KayP were on). If BiBob does happen to be there and claims a PR, there isn't enough time to gather enough people to lynch someone else (and if somehow there was, it's a last minute panic lynch). Instead, what's likely to happen is a no-lynch and a PR is outed, meaning scum knows where to place the night kill. Asking for a claim in that situation only fits a scum mentality.

Finally, right before the KayP hammer, Bella asks this...
In post 411, Bellaphant wrote:Frog, I can hammer now if you want?

This totally reads as "hey I'm scum just checking to make sure it's OK for me to hammer so I don't get the attention on D2 after I hammer this townie".

I actually am suspicious of both Bella and KayP for the end of D1. They both ask for a claim with an hour left, both were on the Shadoxx wagon, after having earlier been suspicious of each other (Bella voted KayP in 131, KayP had mentioned in her 192 she was happy with the two wagons going on at the time, which ironically happened to be......Bella and Shadoxx). Something weird is going on in those three, but Bella's play strikes me as the most suspicious, because it's not coming from a town mindset.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:15 am

Post by Glork »

Because I haven't? I've had the night to process BiBob's flip and I still think Bella/Kay are decently strong leads, but I want more from Kitty in the meantime.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I dunno.

I feel weird about you Glork.

Reading the day start, that was my main concern with your sudden Kitty vote - you were pounding the scumgroup drum in D1, then got distracted at the end of D1 by BiBop, and now you're chasing after someone new instead of your scumgroup - and you just put a spotlight on that proto-suspicion in your 434 with a very large helping of self awareness.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@frog:
I can get behind the asking-permission-mentality is scum, but the asking for a claim = autoscum is a real stretch.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 442, Green Crayons wrote:
@frog:
I can get behind the asking-permission-mentality is scum, but the asking for a claim = autoscum is a real stretch.

It's not asking for a claim. I ask for a claim at L-1 also

It's asking for a claim when, we've

a) Already had one VT claim
b) Have 1 hour to go...then the only thing that can happen with 1 hour to go is to get information for a NK

Seriously...do you really think a claim with 1 hour to go would have done town any good?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:26 am

Post by Fro99er »

And where did I say asking for a claim was autoscum? Purely situational in this case.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:29 am

Post by Fro99er »

FFS, read the last sentence of my 439 in the paragraph below the quote where Bella's asks for a claim. Do you not see the phrase "in that situation"?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:48 am

Post by Glork »

In post 441, Green Crayons wrote:I dunno.

I feel weird about you Glork.

Reading the day start, that was my main concern with your sudden Kitty vote - you were pounding the scumgroup drum in D1, then got distracted at the end of D1 by BiBop, and now you're chasing after someone new instead of your scumgroup - and you just put a spotlight on that proto-suspicion in your 434 with a very large helping of self awareness.

Uhhhhh why exactly do you think my Kitty vote is for?

Yes, I'm pressuring a chronic lurker. Yes, I still have suspicions of other players. Yes, I'm still waiting word from Shadoxx. Yes, I'm pursuing multiple possible scum venues at once. What exactly is so weird/concerning about this?

What do you think of Bella, GC?

What about Bulge or Kitty? Shadoxx? I'd really like to know how YOU plan to address the current terrible state of the game, because idk about you but I'm tired of losing games due to having completely apathetic towns that don't DO anything and then wonder what went wrong after the fact.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 444, Fro99er wrote:And where did I say asking for a claim was autoscum? Purely situational in this case.

Yeah, sorry. I worded that poorly. I'm not saying that you are saying asking for a claim is, in and of itself, autoscum.

I am saying that you are saying asking for a claim in the situation presented here is autoscum. And I am disagreeing with that.

In post 443, Fro99er wrote:a) Already had one VT claim
b) Have 1 hour to go...then the only thing that can happen with 1 hour to go is to get information for a NK

Seriously...do you really think a claim with 1 hour to go would have done town any good?

It might have? I mean, there's a bunch of hypotheticals we could trot out - maybe BiBob was doc, for example, or a more useful cop - where a random panic lynch or (heaven forbid) a no lynch would have been a better alternative than killing that PR.

The argument that asking for a claim in that situation was helping direct the scum NK is also a little warped, because, like... BiBob was going to be lynched anyways? So asking for a claim was, in a sense, actually (potentially) tying the scum's NK hands because they wouldn't have gotten the BiBob mislynch, and so scum was going to have to NK BiBob if they actually wanted to get rid of him.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:17 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Glork:

In post 446, Glork wrote:Yes, I'm pressuring a chronic lurker. Yes, I still have suspicions of other players. Yes, I'm still waiting word from Shadoxx. Yes, I'm pursuing multiple possible scum venues at once. What exactly is so weird/concerning about this?

There's nothing wrong with pursing multiple scum suspects, obviously.

It's the <here is my scumgroup> then <BiBob distraction!> then <Kitty distraction!> that gives me pause. Like, you've got a scumgroup already. I would think your attention would be split among them. Instead, you keep getting distracted.

In post 446, Glork wrote:What do you think of Bella, GC?

In post 442, Green Crayons wrote:
@frog:

Seeing it once is whatever, kinda suspicious I guess. The repeated instances suggest that the play coincides with a mindset arising from a role that doesn't want to make waves.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh:
In post 446, Glork wrote:What about Bulge or Kitty? Shadoxx? I'd really like to know how YOU plan to address the current terrible state of the game, because idk about you but I'm tired of losing games due to having completely apathetic towns that don't DO anything and then wonder what went wrong after the fact.

I only lose games where I'm left in LYLO.

HINT HINT SCUMBAGS

also, I'm not really concerned about low active slots on D2. I bet at least one will get replaced. let's revisit the issue on D3 or D4.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”