Darko (1): YoghurtBandit
Sarcastro (1): Xdaamno
JordanA24 (1): Sarcastro
ryan (4): The Fonz, Numenorean7, Sir Tornado, JordanA24
somestrangeflea (5): Guardian, NabakovNabakov, Adel, Ether, Erg0
NabakovNabakov (1): Jalyn

Not voting (4): darko, Zindaras, Sacred, somestrangeflea

With 19 alive, it's 10 to lynch.

Jalyn wrote:Gaurdian, I thought I made it fairly clear that I do think ryan is scum. I voted for NN because I thought it made more sense to lynch the one less likely to be a lover.
Interesting. I really think that the whole lover thing in this game is a red herring. This game is almost mountainous -- lovers have about the same chance as anyone of being mafia aligned. We shouldn't be trying *that* hard to avoid lynching lovers, if we think one of them is treacherous. One of the lovers is scum, we have to try and lynch him just like we have to lynch anyone else.

Also, when you lynch lovers -- if you hit the treacherous pair, the rest become confirmed, and that is a huge boon. Also, if you hit wrong, there is a chance that that person's partner is treacherous, which would also be a great boon. Also, if we lynch one pair of innocent lovers, as soon as the other pair gets NKed, the last townie lover can claim and we will know for a fact that their partner is scum.

Lesson: let's not worry too much about lover's safety until we get rid of the treacherous one.
Jalyn wrote:Seriously though Gaurdian - go back and read the posts I indicated and then tell me, with a straight face, that there are no links between ryan and yourself. They're all initiated by ryan, but they are obviously there.
Ryan defended me, yes. So I see the link, but I know it's not there, and you admit I have done nothing to make it seem at all likely that the link is there -- only ryan has. So I can see where you see a link, but there *is* no link.
Jalyn wrote:The Fonz thinks this makes you look protown. I tend to agree. I think if you were scum with ryan you would be crucifying him right now. If you aren't ryan's duped lover... the whole thing looks exceedingly strange to me.
As I have already said, I am not ryan's lover. So you need to start rethinking. I am not scum lying about this, and if I was, I would expect ryan to contradict me. Again, rethink the me-ryan lover thing.
Jalyn wrote:As for other reasons for suspecting NN or ryan... I'll get there. My notes from the first half of the thread are at home and I'm no where near done with the second half.
OK. *eager anticipation*
ryan wrote:I really hope you are a townie Guardian because defending you when a group of bandwagoners and your meltdown happened earlier is getting me crucified right now.

*mental note to not defend anyone in mafia games*
Nah, ryan, defending me in mafia games is
always
a good decision ;). Nah, ryan, what got you in trouble is that the reasons you expressed for defending me were highly shaky. Defending someone from a wagon you don't like is fine, but you need to clearly express good reasons for doing so. As this turned out, even I am still a bit suspicious of you defending me. Hitting preview, what Fonz said applies too.
Zindaras wrote:Also, I find it somewhat odd that you strike through four names for lynch candidates and you say you have scumvibes on every one of them (the first four: Zindaras, Sir Tornado, Numenorean and Erg0).
I doubt I would find support for any of those wagons besides Numenorean if there were not a deadline, and all of those four are among the closest to neutral of those I find scummy. Why is it odd that I expressed that I found them almost lynch-worthy, but not quite?

@Fonz, I recalled him being high on many people's suspicion lists, if not high in vote count (iirc the highest vote count at the time was 3 or so). That being said, your defense is reasonable.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

Guardian wrote:Interesting. I really think that the whole lover thing in this game is a red herring. This game is almost mountainous -- lovers have about the same chance as anyone of being mafia aligned. We shouldn't be trying *that* hard to avoid lynching lovers, if we think one of them is treacherous. One of the lovers is scum, we have to try and lynch him just like we have to lynch anyone else.
The huge difference between this game and mountainous is that here, we actually get confirmed townies (if we lynch the Mafia lover before the other lover pairs die).
I doubt I would find support for any of those wagons besides Numenorean if there were not a deadline, and all of those four are among the closest to neutral of those I find scummy. Why is it odd that I expressed that I found them almost lynch-worthy, but not quite?
Actually, I only just noticed that you hadn't even listed the people you said were town. I'm sorry, I thought you took the entire playing list and struck through everyone you didn't want to lynch from there. I shouldn't rush posting...
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:29 am

Post by ryan »

Guardian: So me saying I disagreed with the bandwagon starting on you and that I felt that scum were driving it AND that we should give you a chance to speak (after your meltdown) were all invalid reasons? Because those were the top three I gave in defending you. And stop saying that I have EVER mentioned you and I being lovers, that is a lie and something YOU keep bringing up. I have NEVER even mentioned possible lovers in this game until right now in this post.
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Guardian »

Zindaras wrote:
Guardian wrote:Interesting. I really think that the whole lover thing in this game is a red herring. This game is almost mountainous -- lovers have about the same chance as anyone of being mafia aligned. We shouldn't be trying *that* hard to avoid lynching lovers, if we think one of them is treacherous. One of the lovers is scum, we have to try and lynch him just like we have to lynch anyone else.
The huge difference between this game and mountainous is that here, we actually get confirmed townies (if we lynch the Mafia lover before the other lover pairs die).
I hate to waste a whole post on this, but I felt i needed to say -- I pointed this out in the next paragraph of the post you are quoting. And we are never going to get those confirmed townies if we are squeamish about lynching scummy lovers. It seems like you are being a contrarian for no reason.
ryan wrote:Guardian: So me saying I disagreed with the bandwagon starting on you and that I felt that scum were driving it AND that we should give you a chance to speak (after your meltdown) were all invalid reasons?
Those are good reasons for trying to stop a bandwagon, not for thinking I am town. You were rather imprecise in your wording there, and it came off looking really bad -- you gave no convincing reason to the people voting me to stop, yet you set it up that you had defended me.
ryan wrote:Because those were the top three I gave in defending you. And stop saying that I have EVER mentioned you and I being lovers, that is a lie and something YOU keep bringing up. I have NEVER even mentioned possible lovers in this game until right now in this post.
Ummmm... read, please? Many other people, Jalyn notably, are theorizing that we are lovers, and I explicitly claimed that we are not, twice, in the last few pages. Your lack of actually reading is noted :?.
Do not lynch me.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:38 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Jalyn:I'm a sucker for that kind of argument. I hope you get through with sorting your notes on the second half of the thread or whatever, they should probably help you get a wider perspective of the thread.

@Guardian: I thought your player by player (hypocrite!!) was a bit odd. The most common definition you gave was "neutral-scummy" and I beleive I was the only player (besides yourself) that you labled as "town" (I'm confused about Adel, you said "town-vibes" but she's third on your lynchables list. The whole thing feels like a mix of non-committment and suspicion-spreading

It appears the Ryan wagon is pulling close to even with SSF as we approach deadline. I'd be pretty happy with lynching either, but I have the feeling that we might have scum jumping around trying to protect their partner(s).
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:38 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

I wonder why ryan chose not to comment on both my and The Fonz's comments...

I'm not liking where this is going, and I'm starting to feel that ryan's wagon mightn't be as unreasonable as I orignally thought.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:40 am

Post by ryan »

Guardian: You've also brought it up in other posts NOT just in the past few pages. In fact it seems like when other players turn up the heat on you, you find someway to bring up me in your posts as NOT your lover. I encourage you to read back through the exchange where I tried to stop the bandwagon on you and said you were pro town. I stated that you looked to me as a frustrated townie and gave reasons.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:40 am

EDWOP: Oh, and Guardian. Check the last line of this post. I'm want to check your case on ryan, but I can't find it.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 am

Post by Zindaras »

Guardian wrote:The huge difference between this game and mountainous is that here, we actually get confirmed townies (if we lynch the Mafia lover before the other lover pairs die).
I hate to waste a whole post on this, but I felt i needed to say -- I pointed this out in the next paragraph of the post you are quoting. And we are never going to get those confirmed townies if we are squeamish about lynching scummy lovers. It seems like you are being a contrarian for no reason.[/quote]

Oh god, there's no way I suck that much.

Oh god, there is a way.

I should stop being awake. This is retarded.

I only wanted to point out the whole lover thing because I don't want to get in a mountainous frame of mind. As far as not lynching scummy lovers go, I never advocated that and I never will. There is a scum-lover, so there's enough reason to lynch a scummy lover.

In fact, for the theory lovers among you, lynching a lover is actually more likely to be positive for the town than lynching someone else, as there's a 1/3 chance of him either being the scumlover or being partnered to the scumlover.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Guardian »

@NabNab -- I disagree that I was just "suspicion-spreading". I found three people (not including me or Adel) to seem townlike, and a lot of people I have no read on.

And to the extent that I am suspicious of many people, is that a bad thing?

Also, I admittedly don't feel *that* great about my suspicions, and I expressed this earlier. There is no one in the game that I am "sure" is scum, yet.

re: Adel, I am not sure what her alignment is -- my gut says town, but my head says scum -- and her play has definitely not been helpful.

Also, I too think that looking how people treat these wagons will be telling if one is town and one is scum -- first things first though -- let's try and figure out who is scum (of anyone in the game) and lynch them.

@ssf This post is a good start for looking at why I found ryan scummy. It is a bit outdated now, but I don't think there is a better post than that one to look for "my case against ryan". My address of him is more spread out than that.

@ryan, I will look back at your reasoning.

I never brought up the me-you lover thing without responding to others, I think... And I never "lied" about it, I just insinuated (and then recently explicitly claimed) that we were not lovers.
Do not lynch me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:23 am

Post by ryan »

somestrangeflea wrote:I wonder why ryan chose not to comment on both my and The Fonz's comments...

I'm not liking where this is going, and I'm starting to feel that ryan's wagon mightn't be as unreasonable as I orignally thought.
What did you want me to comment on?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:31 am

ryan wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:I wonder why ryan chose not to comment on both my and The Fonz's comments...

Well I assumed you would have somehting to say regarding this.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:39 am

Post by ryan »

somestrangeflea wrote:
ryan wrote:

Well I assumed you would have somehting to say regarding this.
I guess I didn't see that as a question but more of a "yeah you're right" type quote. I didn't think I defended Guardian badly, I thought I gave enough reasons for the bandwagon to stop and for people to give somebody (who obviously was having a bad posting day) a chance to regroup and post something without piling on the votes.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Jalyn »

ryan wrote:
Guardian wrote:Eh people constantly find me scummy.

I can't really be bothered to defend myself any further from this wagon, as I don't see any merit behind it
If you are town (which you are implying) why are you just giving up? I would hope if you are town you'd fight like heck so we don't lynch you (Being a townie and not wanting a mislynch) I can't say I'm that happy to see a townie just give up the fight.
ryan wrote:
Guardian wrote:Refuse to fix it? I'd love to fix it, but it seems that I can't. Whatever, honestly, there has been one game so far on this site that I wasn't a suspicion target in, and even in that game I was lynched day two, and I was scum....

I have no pity for you guys if you lynch me, and I have no desire to defend myself.

I am going to keep playing and scumhunting, but I am sick and tired of defending myself from baseless wagons, and I refuse to do so in this game. I am definitely not feeling the love.
You just said in one sentence you'd "love to fix it" but than in the next you said you refuse to defend yourself. Which one is it?

NabakovNabakov: I understand your frustration with this subject but if he's town, what a bad way to start this game? Ya know? I don't disagree with your post but if he is just a frustrated townie, maybe we need to find a way to help him instead of just lynch him and lose a townie
ryan wrote:Darko: Where am I arguing with NabakovNabakov? I disagreed with his statement to lynch somebody who could be town but isn't acting like it. Wouldn't it be smarter to help that person instead of automatically lynching a townie? I know we are moving at a race car pace BUT if you are going to drop stuff on me, make sure it's me that did it, most of this stuff looks like you didn't watch my posts at all and are thumbing things at me that should be on other players.
ryan wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
ryan wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
ryan wrote: NabakovNabakov: I understand your frustration with this subject but if he's town, what a bad way to start this game? Ya know? I don't disagree with your post but if he is just a frustrated townie, maybe we need to find a way to help him instead of just lynch him and lose a townie
If Guardian comes up scum, I know now who is his possible scum buddy.
Who are you fingering here ST, me or Naba? You aren't very clear on saying my response was scummy or the fact that Naba wanted to lynch a possible townie who's frustrated.
Ah, yes, I should have been more clear. I thought your response was scummy, and mostly because that response came from you. I have never really seen you post anything like that... usually you are very aggressive and would attack Guardian instead of defending him.
I think there are a few scum right now who are taking the opportunity to really nail Guardian on a few things and IF he is pro town, I think the rest of us townies need to make sure he's isn't ganged up on and lynched. I'm not denying that he is showing a few scumtells BUT I also feel like he's retaliating for being backed in a corner. I don't think he's scum (at least right now) there are a few other candidates (along with Guardian) that deserve the same line of questioning/grilling that he's getting (IMO)
ryan wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
ryan wrote:I think there are a few scum right now who are taking the opportunity to really nail Guardian on a few things and IF he is pro town, I think the rest of us townies need to make sure he's isn't ganged up on and lynched. I'm not denying that he is showing a few scumtells BUT I also feel like he's retaliating for being backed in a corner. I don't think he's scum (at least right now) there are a few other candidates (along with Guardian) that deserve the same line of questioning/grilling that he's getting (IMO)
Well, I tried to do some of that (grilling the other players) yesterday. But the thing is, just because someone else needs to be questioned does not mean that Guardian needs to be defended.
I felt a bandwagon had been started rather quickly on Guardian and that is what I was defending.

JordanA24 wrote:And if Guardian's scum Ryan?
Than I defended the wrong person. I would rather he get a chance to fix his "lack of pro towniness" he's admitted he has had problems looking scummy in the past when he was town, so why not give the guy a chance to show he's town? If he stays scummy than I have no problem voting him but for now I have no problem giving the guy a chance.
ryan wrote:
Zindaras wrote:I'll give my own opinion on ryan's defending of Guardian, before anyone asks me a question (now where would be the fun in that?). This was ryan's original defense:
ryan wrote:NabakovNabakov: I understand your frustration with this subject but if he's town, what a bad way to start this game? Ya know? I don't disagree with your post but if he is just a frustrated townie, maybe we need to find a way to help him instead of just lynch him and lose a townie
Now, interestingly enough, this is what ryan later says about it:
ryan wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:Ah, yes, I should have been more clear. I thought your response was scummy, and mostly because that response came from you. I have never really seen you post anything like that... usually you are very aggressive and would attack Guardian instead of defending him.
I think there are a few scum right now who are taking the opportunity to really nail Guardian on a few things and IF he is pro town, I think the rest of us townies need to make sure he's isn't ganged up on and lynched. I'm not denying that he is showing a few scumtells BUT I also feel like he's retaliating for being backed in a corner. I don't think he's scum (at least right now) there are a few other candidates (along with Guardian) that deserve the same line of questioning/grilling that he's getting (IMO)
ryan wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:Well, I tried to do some of that (grilling the other players) yesterday. But the thing is, just because someone else needs to be questioned does not mean that Guardian needs to be defended.
I felt a bandwagon had been started rather quickly on Guardian and that is what I was defending.
JordanA24 wrote:And if Guardian's scum Ryan?
Than I defended the wrong person. I would rather he get a chance to fix his "lack of pro towniness" he's admitted he has had problems looking scummy in the past when he was town, so why not give the guy a chance to show he's town? If he stays scummy than I have no problem voting him but for now I have no problem giving the guy a chance.
I'm seeing two entirely different things here. In his original post, I'm getting the feeling he plays on the emotions of Nabby (and successfully, too). In the second and third posts, he's more arguing in general things. He thinks scumbags are taking advantage of the situation to nail Guardian, he says that he thinks the bandwagon on him is going too fast. But he never said that in his original post nor did he post any opinions on Guardian's alignment until he was specifically asked about it. These posts are horribly scummy, in my opinion.
Huge FoS: ryan
Horribly scummy? I was asked different questions and I responded. If Guardian is a townie, why would we want to get rid of him because he's playing incorrectly? I thought/think that Guardian was a townie that was picked on unfairly and than had a couple scum jump on his bandwagon. He had 4 or 5 votes pretty quick before it slowed down. If his train of play continues I don't have a problem placing a vote on him but for now he reads to me as a frustrated townie who was hit by quite a few accusations and never had a chance to recover. He's stayed consistent in admitting he has been picked on in other games and lynched unfairly, I'm giving the guy a chance, why are you so quick to dismiss him as a townie?

In all of that, I see one actual reason to defend Gaurdian - you thought that the bandwagon was moving quickly. Of course, you don't bring up that argument until well into the defense. At first all you say is basically "what if he's a townie?"
Now, look at the post numbers again:

Post 113 Zindaras's first vote on Gaurdian
Post 189 Ryan's actual defense of Gaurdian

There are 5 votes at this point, halfway to a lynch. 25 posts to a page, that means we were looking at right around three pages to get here. I will give you that this was only 4 and half hours, but with the speed this game was moving at, I don't find that particularly fast moving.

Ryan - could you point out another argument that you used to defend Gaurdian. I see a) maybe he's a townie and b) a belated "wagon was moving fast."
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 am

Post by ryan »

Jalyn: In those posts you quoted you pretty well summed it up. I was cautious as to make sure I wasn't stopping a bandwagon on a scum (as you can see) but I was also consistent that the guy should be given a chance. Most of those arguments were 20 some pages ago and I can't remember exactly why I was thinking he could be town but it struck me that he was being unfairly wagoned on. I do remember thinking that with the inactives and non participators it would be real easy for a few of them to step up and place a vote and at the time Guardian did have some legit heat on him (heat he brought upon himself with his "I give up" speech)
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Jalyn »

But... There IS no argument. And no caution over Gaurdian maybe being scum. That's my whole point! Can you point to something in those posts that supports your claim that you were cautious over Gaurdian and/or had an actual argument to defend him?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:23 am

Post by ryan »

I stated in there a few times "if he is town" (heck I said it twice in the first sentence of the first quote you quoted) I was very much 50/50 on his allignment.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:23 am

Post by Adel »

Sometimes I like to poke.

unvote:SomeStrangeFlea

I want the ryan and SSF wagons to be equal so I can see which way the scum jump as deadline approaches.

Guardian & Jalyn: lovers are more important than you are giving them credit for being. I urge you to take a second look at your evaluation of their importance to the town.

There is pretty much no chance that my vote may go back to Guardian during the remainder of this day.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Adel »

Jalyn wrote:Also, impressive way to indicated that Gaurdian is scum regardless of how he reacted to my post.
I tried to communicate that Guardian had the only reaction that would do anything to clear him in my mind. The deck was stacked against him, but he disagreed with your argument, so that does something to clear him in my mind.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Zindaras »

somestrangeflea wrote:Bandwagon and pressure are IMO, quite closely linked, with one major difference. For town, the point of Bandwagon is to create pressure. For scum, the point of bandwagon is to mislynch.
Bandwagon and pressure are entirely different thing. Bandwagons cause pressure, but that's only part of the definition of both of them. They're incomparable.

YogurtBandit is apparently reading the thread enough to make Post 440, but not actually provide any content. I don't like that.
YogurtBandit wrote:I do, I still think Darko is scum...
Why?

I don't think Sarcastro is scum because of his "certainty", and I don't really like the people pushing that angle. Num defends ryan in 475. SirT posts a list in 480, that could prove to be useful later on.
NabakovNabakov wrote:Hooray for defense through apology! I think I'm a bit of a trend setter in that regard. Num's post seems genuine enough, and even though he's a polished player, I don't think anybody went into this game with a good idea of lover tactics.
Why? What makes Num's apology genuine?

I don't like daemno's vote in 485. I don't like ryan's apparent change in playstyle.
Guardian wrote:SirT, you have failed miserably to provide us with any sort of pbpa on Jordan -- you have not even posted a paragraph about your thoughts on him -- all I am getting is that he is the most "Neutral" of all the players for you.

I see a strong link between SirT and Jordan. SirT has never said anything definitive about Jordan, and Jordan has never said
anything
about SirT. Both have addressed each other, but never anything meaningful or indicative of their opinion of the other's alignment. Then, I find Jordan suspicious and I lay out a case, SirT promises to post some thoughts on Jordan and never does, and what we get from him in the end is a "neutral" feeling about Jordan.

I would like very much for
people to comment on the above
and not ignore it :P. I think I am on to something.
Connections are useless until one of the connected players turn up scum. If you say they are connected, then you must be able to make a case for
both
of them. A connection is, in itself, not something which makes people scum. Scum get connected to Town, Town get connected to Town, Scum get connected to Scum, it's all part of the game. Connections are only reasonable evidence for a lynch if the guy you're accusing is connected to a scumbag.

Adel's 498 is somewhat arbitrary. So are Xdaemno's numbers in 501. Adel suggests Xdaemno as scum in 504. I don't really like posts like that, they always look like someone nudging someone else to do the dirty work for them, or someone exploring someone else as a lynch option but not wanting to be solid yet.
pickemgenius, 517 wrote:I admit I'm liking Sarcastro a shitload more recently.
Why?

Jordan-Sarcastro interaction in 518-522. Mass overreaction from Jordan's side, I can't say I like that. Pretty solid PbPA from Num in 537, I'll have to take a look at Jordan's posts myself, though.
Xdaamno wrote:Zindy being town is exactly the problem; allying yourself with smart, pro-town people makes you look better.
To be an ally, the buddying must be reciprocated.
Sir Tornado wrote:It would have been 10 had NabNab not made a post in between. Basically, I think people pay much more attention to more number of small posts than one huge post. Besides, it saves me the effort to copy-paste the quotes (I can simply hit the "quote button" and quote the entire post I am replying to.
Tabs are your friend.

Ergo's 550, I don't like. He pretty much picks the two least interesting things to contribute about. Future posts need to be better.

Talk about mathematics. I think I could figure out the random chances here, but I really don't see the use in that. As long as the setup is reasonably close to 50/50 (which it probably is), I'm okay with it.

The setup is open. We'll know when we're in LyLo, and we'll know what to do then. The only relevant statistics for us are those that have anything to do with lovers. More contentless posts from Yogurt.
Numenorean7 wrote:Sometimes when people see a case against them, they panic. They don't actually answer any of the case, and start being extremely defensive, talking about how it would be a really bad idea to lynch them, etc. Jordan didn't answer
all
my points, nor did he clear himself of suspicion, but at least he didn't starting being irrational.
And irritational=scum?

Guardian (567) correctly points out Adel's buddying in 396, I think I said something back then about that as well...

He also points out a really nice contradiction from Tornado, from 428 and onward.
Sarcastro wrote:2. I'm obviously not calling myself either of those things. It was basically an insult towards several people I was frustrated with (as well as a compliment to you, I suppose). I don't know what else you want to read into it.
I was curious to know why you said it that way.
3. I would have thought that would be obvious. In a game this full of newbies, it would take a lot for me to be willing to lynch you day one. Maybe you don't agree with that philosophy, but since I'm pretty confident that you're not going to be lynched anyway, it doesn't really matter to me.
Actually, I don't agree with the philosophy. I vote for whoever I think is scum, regardless of his playing capacity.

I don't think Adel's 592 helps the town in any way. She goes out of her way to try to incite reactions, but things like that don't help the town. I can see town jump on it just as easily as scum.
Guardian wrote:
Adel wrote:
for now on, talking about relationships between living players is a HUGE scumtell
Adel is smarter than this. I think. I think her whole theory is meant to hinder the town. She has a history of bad theories, but this one just stinks.
What makes this theory different from the other ones? In the only other game I've played with her (which is currently ongoing, but she's dead town), she also came up with some horrible theories and was lynched over them.
Saying that lynching you is a scumtell is... you guessed it, a scumtell.
I've said this before (I'm getting the feeling I'm repeating myself in every other sentence), but this really is very much true.
Adel wrote:I think I have you nailed. And I think your scumbuddies are making short little precise posts and you realize that I just called out their major tell. Everything about your play in this game seems really scummy to me right now.

Adel, seriously, get your brains together.

Why is Guardian scum? Who are his supposed buddies, if you have this tell? Why is it even a tell?

FoS: Adel

Adel wrote:Like I would stick my neck out like this if I were scum? Bull. Especially thanks the games we have had together, your case against me reads like a list of everything I've been accused of in our other games. Where I was town. Like I am in this one.
Classic WIFOM, as Guardian pointed out.

There's some talk about lynching Fernando. I personally use two differing words: lurker and inactive. Inactives are people who just aren't there, lurkers are people who are there, but not posting. I don't lynch people over inactivity, I do lynch people over lurking.
pickemgenius wrote:
Guardian wrote:I would add peg to that, below xyzzy, he is here but isn't saying anything.
pickemgenius wrote: To not expect big ass posts from me very often, and most of them will be brief and to the point.
I'll admit your posts have been brief, but I don't think they have been very much to the point.
YogurtBandit wrote:Here and still voting Darko.
FoS: YogurtBandit

This post is unacceptable.

Yogurt's post 635 is, again, horribly weak. That isn't a case. We're on what, Page 26? If, at Page 26, that is the best you can come up with, you don't have a lot.
Sacred wrote:Arguably indeed. I know I'm a good player, but best is kind of a stretch at this point. In addition, Sir T wouldn't know that anyway.
I believe that, at that point, I had already praised your abilities.

I also agree with the Nab's buddying up to Sarcastro as pointed out by Sacred in 639.
Sacred wrote:>463<
Gunny's views are nice, Sacred, but Lynch all Lurkers (like Lynch all Liars) is inherently flawed.
Also 463 wrote:However, the lurkers/inactives issue really shouldn't be left unsolved until later stages of the game. Ask Zindaras. He will attest to the fact that 4-5 lurkers will be the death of the town.
It's not very nice to remind someone of his shortcomings.

Yes, Adel's thing looks staged, but that's because she did stage it, regardless of alignment. She even claims she's staged it. The only thing we should wonder about is whether or not it's fake.

Tornado points out a few very questionable points of Guardian's in 667.
Numenorean7, 673 wrote:I expect the lurkers haven't been voted because there has been so much other suspicion flying around. I'd agree that we've only seen relatively minor scumtells, but there have been a lot of different controversial accusations against a lot of different people, as well as discussions of various theoretical strategies. I think that we have been so busy debating about various issues, we forgot the inactives were even here. The ideal situation for a malicious lurker...

I find it interesting that Sacred has been advocating a "lynch all lurkers" strategy, but her vote is on Guardian.
ryan wrote:Which we do definetly have a few of those unfortunately
Again, the despised blanket statement.

Fonzie's entry. I like the fact he attacks ryan. I dislike the way he does it. I'm getting the feeling he's mostly agreeing with points I've already made regarding ryan. However, he only mentions me by name once, and that's on a completely different (and irrelevant) subject. I really don't like the way he ignores quite a few players there. 683, 686, Sir T and Adel want to vote Guardian/ryan.
Sir Tornado wrote:That is oh so misguided. A townie is never a liability to the town unless they are a vig who is going on killing like a SK. The only "liability" a townie has is that they can be mislynched instead of the mafia. In lynching a townie thinking they are a liability is actually making them a liability to the town.
Hah. Let's wait and see how you think about that once you've played with the truely bad players.

I don't like YB's 697. More Num-ryan links. Ryan also attempts to metagame Jordan.
Adel wrote:I still don't see how those lines, even in isolation with each other, would make anyone think I am scum. Have I played scum in other games? Yes. I was talking, innocently, about why a post was or wasn't scummy- and part of that includes attempting to model scum behavior. :shrug:
Yet your posts fit the exact model you yourself state. Short and careful.

Erg0 defends Adel (768). Don't really like fleaboy's list in 775. I don't see why Guardian and darko are still there. I disagree hugely with Jordan's case on darko in 776 and think it's quite flawed. Appealing to emotion is bad play, but not necessarily scum. I think the case for darko being scum as presented there is very weak for a game this size.

I stopped my reread at Post 825, as I don't think I should skim and I do want to post my current opinions.

Since Guardian wanted, well, my thoughts on everything, here they are (at least the thoughts I have now):

-Xdaamno: Blech, we just had to start off with someone I don't have much of a read on. The few things that I did get to read have me somewhat leaning to scum, but there's really no way I can say this.
-JordanA24: I really disliked the darko-case. I've prodded the guy in the past, to some response. I'd have to reread his full posts to really see if this guy's scum.
-YogurtBandit: Lurker of the worst kind. I can't for the life of me see why a townie would play this way.
-The Fonz (replacing xyzzy): Hmms, I didn't really like the way he entered the game, but I did like his interactions with ryan. I'm leaning to town on this guy.
-Sacred: So far, she's squarely in the town block, but I have to say that her vacations haven't really helped anyone in getting a good read on her.
-Adel: Okay, this is the first interesting one here. Adel's a really difficult one to get a read on. I've thought on more than one occasion while reading this thread "What the hell are you doing, Adel?" But I also can't see a scumbag post like she's done. On the other hand, I have noted that she takes her sweet time responding to things aimed her way, something I've always found scummy. I'll have to reread her posts in isolation again.
-Sir Tornado: Also in the town block. There have been some questionable things (as Guardian pointed out, the contradiction with the PbPA thing), but I think that could be said about everyone.
-Ether (replacing Honary Hitchhiker): I have zero read on her, as she just replaced in. If someone put a gun to my temple and threatened to shoot me if I didn't give a reading on her, I'd say she's town.
-darko: Town. I don't think I can really explain this very well, but my overall gut vibe on him is town.
-ryan: Scum. I'm going to try to take a look at his posts in isolation and post a PbPA, but I haven't gotten a single townvibe from him in the entire game. He's posting, but he's avoiding giving opinions. I've posted a lot of minor things against him, I believe.
-Numenorean7: I think it's very funny, and more importantly telling, to see Numenorean vote ryan. I've noted Numenorean as actually defending ryan throughout most of the thread, and to suddenly see him actually voting ryan is quite the surprise. I think this could very, very well be a buddylink here. I have a scumread on him.
-NabakovNabakov: In the middle. I've seen some scummy things from him, but I've also gotten town vibes from him at some times.
-Jalyn (replacing FeRnAnDo): See Ether, including conclusion.
-pickemgenius: Eh, he's an enigma. Insists on being short and to the point (though I don't see a whole lot of points). Has definitely not provided enough input on most players.
-Guardian: Leaning strongly to town. His early game sucked, but I'm quite happy with his posting after his own wagon. I'm especially happy with the way he's argued with me. His opinion of me is perfect healthy suspicion. Not so much as to change into paranoia, not so little as to be naive.
-Erg0: Eh, lurker. I've come to expect a lot more from him. I want to say scum, but I've been horribly wrong with expectations lately, so I don't think I'm going to.
-somestrangeflea: Eh, I really don't see why he's the current vote leader. Then again, I haven't gotten to the case on him yet. To be honest, my read on fleaboy has been town. It'd be very much appreciated if someone could give me a link (or general direction) to the flea-case.
-Sarcastro: The playstyle accusations were bogus. His posts have me strongly leaning to town. I do expect him to play better after today, as he pretty much announced he would.

Vote: ryan
for being obvobv scum.

As we're getting dastardly close to deadline, and I'm unfortunately going to my grandmother's for a couple of days from Thursday onwards, I'm going to change my reading style. I will answer specific questions for rereading and I will reread the major suspects.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Zindaras »

Adel wrote:Sometimes I like to poke.

unvote:SomeStrangeFlea

I want the ryan and SSF wagons to be equal so I can see which way the scum jump as deadline approaches.
So, what, you'll know who the scum are when they jump on someone? You say you want to see what happens with the voting, but you yourself are changing your vote as well. By your own logic, you could easily be jumping scum, especially since this post just reeks of scum testing the waters and wanting to see which lynch to support.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:55 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Zindaras wrote:
Why?

-pickemgenius: Eh, he's an enigma. Insists on being short and to the point (though I don't see a whole lot of points). Has definitely not provided enough input on most players.

His recent posts are far better then they were.

- See you Day 2.

unvote
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:56 am

Post by pickemgenius »

EBWOP:
unvote:
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Guardian »

I feel the need to say this in bold red letters:

What is with everyone unvoting and not voting with three days until deadline, and not making any meaningful contributions to boot!?!?
Do not lynch me.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Erg0 »

pickemgenius wrote:
Zindaras wrote:
Why?

His recent posts are far better then they were.

- See you Day 2.

unvote
Are you saying that you're not
going
to revote today? Do you really think that a no lynch on day 1 is a good move?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”