Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 843, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 824, BBmolla wrote:
In post 821, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
@ Molla
- Want your current read on Pie/Us/Muffin with explanations behind them in detail plz.

Townish/No Idea/Scummish

Hey, bbMolla. I know there are a lot of walls in this game and it might be hypocritical of me to say this, but just because he asked for detail, doesn't mean you had to write so much - you could have been a little more concise.

Sorry I just wanted to prevent people from actually reading my posts so I made it as long as possible.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by Quilford »

heyooo, someone call the burns unit!
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by Gold Saucer »

Okay now it does feel like the game is stalling.

I need to reread to see if I can find my blindspot, and I need to look back at a couple quilford games. I'll probably do that tomorrow as I'm super tired right now and am going to crash I think.
Rancid Broderick Drake
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Rancid Broderick Drake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Rancid Broderick Drake »

I'm here again. Sorry for disappearing, real life's been hard the last few days.

But I'm back!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 635, pieguyn wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what I make of Quil vs. S-S.

I agree with most of what S-S is posting. if he was "try hard scum", as Quil is saying, then it would make more sense that he would actually read the whole game, or pull up more than 3 quotes, or do anything that actually ... you know, requires trying hard. also completely misses S-S' point (that Quil conveniently dropped that S-S' posts were "genuine" after he got accused of it being disingenuous), which I also agree with.

I also hate Quil's insistence that S-S is "agreeing" with him in . it's pretty obvious what S-S is saying there is that if he was scum he'd try to make a more effortful post than the one he made *in this game*; not that he'd try to make more effortful posts in general.

on the other hand, I disagree that Quil-town would need to unvote S-S at the point where he thought S-S was genuine. you'll notice my vote is still on GB despite reading them as town (lol). most of the time, if I don't have someone I feel strongly that I want to push/lynch, I don't care about where my vote is. if I scum read him, it wouldn't be for this.

@Quil:
when did you supposedly "reread" S-S and why did you not mention it when you did so (since I don't remember you posting anything along the lines of "I looked at S-S again, I think I was wrong" until right at this point. correct me if I'm wrong)? also would like to know your thoughts on what I said in the 3rd paragraph here.

I'm continually rereading players. Especially when I start to get a sense that they could be scum, I'll go through their ISOs and look at their posts in context whenever I have a spare minute. I do remember rereading between and because I remember feeling like I had been disarmed by his posts around #529, #532 etc.

I think perhaps a lot of the problem here is that I've been using the word 'tryhard' to mean something that other people aren't quite picking up on. When I called Soft's first non two-sentence post 'tryhard' I meant that it contained no useful analysis and therefore looked like it had been posted for the sake of appearing active, engaged and therefore town.

Re your third paragraph, I didn't pick up on that interpretation of Soft's words at all. I thought he was repeating what I had said back at me in order to try and make a point about circularity.

In post 637, Gold Saucer wrote:
In post 583, Quilford wrote:I do think people getting on my back about halting my Soft push are conspiracy theorising. Uh no, I think all my early points are valid, I think the slip is eminently fakeable (and am definitely going to look into it more when I'm not on my phone) and I don't like Soft's reaction to whomever posted that he likes making scummy entrances for the purposes of getting people's reactions (again will elaborate later). I still don't think he's scumhunted at all and I think the reasoning he gave for his townreads was weak.

Thinking my sigh was me not being able to conceal my irritation that another mislynch had escaped me is hilariously stupid. In actuality, it was because I was worried about adding another townread to an already large pile.

Starting to get a bit wary of GB.

In what regard?

-b

I didn't really like that he was content to give Soft townpoints based on the slip and EM meta (which as he's said cuts both ways, because apparently Soft on EM is quite capable of faking slips) despite Soft's scumhunting still being all but nonexistent... didn't really strike me as a Regfan thing to do. The EM meta discussion also had a softbuddying edge to it as well imo.

Still consider GB town on the whole though.

In post 638, Gold Saucer wrote:
In post 601, Quilford wrote:Why would scum even bother to make a post that contains shit all if they didn't think they would get points for at least looking like they were doing something? Especially valid in your case considering it was already a couple pages in and it was your first post of the game that wouldn't be longer than two sentences or something.

You're begging the question here by assuming that he's scum and then attributing motivation here
Unless you think 'tryharding' (which feels just like a loaded phrase) is a thing that only scum would do?
Or that "posting a post" is some sort of tell because that's all you really seem to accuse him of doing here

I don't know this whole thing presupposes SS is scum and I don't understand why you're doing that

-b

It doesn't actually presuppose anything of the sort? I hope my explanation above of what I was trying to convey by use of the word 'tryhard' clears up your confusion.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 657, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:A
In post 583, Quilford wrote:Starting to get a bit wary of GB.

Want this explained in detail please - think you've seen both Empire/myself as scum/town enough to know that we're town here.

You've seem me as scum/town enough to know that I'm town here, hasn't stopped you from having doubts has it?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 749, sangres wrote:Pieguyn, have you read Mafia on the Metro? It was brought up at the end of Twin Trap or some dumb shit and I think it does a good job of establishing a pretty decent scum baseline for Quilford. Read that, tell me if your opinion on the push changes at all.

Or save yourself the trouble and me the embarrassment by just townreading me!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Quilford »

Alright I'm caught up. Irritatingly I haven't really had any breakthroughs and am hoping against hope that the scum is in molla, Soft and Yuriko so that I don't have to go back and figure out who I'm misreading as town
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 32, Phenenas wrote:The deadline for Day 1 is June 27, 4 PM CST. This is (expired on 2015-06-27 17:01:08) from now.

@Mod: could you put this in your votecounts? Also could we have a votecount please

Sorry, accidentally edited this comment instead of quoting it. It's back to normal now.
Last edited by Phenenas on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Quilford »

Wish people were actually online at the same time as me. Regfan you're supposed to be Australian, where are you
Phenenas
Phenenas
He
Goon
Phenenas
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Phenenas »

In post 858, Quilford wrote:
In post 32, Phenenas wrote:The deadline for Day 1 is June 27, 4 PM CST. This is (expired on 2015-06-27 17:01:08) from now.

@Mod: could you put this in your votecounts? Also could we have a votecount please

Nothing has changed since my last votecount, but I'll be happy to include a countdown in the next one.
There are some who call me...Tim.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

ok back to catching up. im not necessarily sorry that mafia hasn't been a priority recently, life is good. but uh... i probably have something to do with the game lagging.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

Empires preoccupied by RL things, was hoping he'd be the one to come in here and pretty much say "What the fuck are you doing this game" to Nacho since I think it'd have more impact and Nacho would be more likely to respond to him rather than brush me off but since he's busy; What the fuck are you doing Nacho? Explain the intital Pie town read (I want this in depth considering you said he was 'very very very obviously town', explain the exact thought process behind voting him (I still want you to comment on the reasons I was/am scumreading him for), explain the change to Quilford and most important explain the "Yuriko shouldn't be lynched but is highly likely scum" stance because the two of us agree that post of yours (and the whole series on that page) was absolute garbage.

Haven't liked either of Yurikos catch ups so far (She's overplaying the "This is so hard to get reads because all of you know each other!" type card far far far too much rather than actually commenting on peoples posts that have real relation to the game, her focusing on things like Muffins PGO claim is a prime example of this), willing to wait for her full catch up but at the moment p likely to be moving my vote there. Still have more Piediscussions to have with Empire though.

Softs a lock in my "Never ever lynch" group of town reads alongside with TammyBork hydra both of us read Softs as incredibly town and have liked his recent series of catch up posts - p much no concerns about any of his posts at all, same goes for TammyBork.

@Molla
- I really did want your reads explained in detail for me, some thought process from you would be much appreciated.

@Quilford
- I'm around now if you want to talk and I'd hardly consider your 'hesitation' in calling us town similar to yours re; us? I think we've posted a LOT of content/reads/stances that we'd never have done as scum (There's probably 10-20 posts I'd not be able to fake as scum) whereas there's nearly nothing from you in the thread so far that hasn't been dragged out of you. Also your explanation that what you disliked was "Giving Soft town points re; the slip and EM" in doesn't really make sense either, it's not the sole post that he 'slipped in' that I read as town, it's the natural progression re; him questioning how scumhunting is possible in a setup like this and that most tells are nullified to then slip in that manner, it all reads as very genuine.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 804, pieguyn wrote:
A SHIT TON

tl;dr. glad this wasnt @ me but i kinda wish i had the motivation to read every post. you and a couple others are making many of your posts unbearably long to read. If i saw this in any of my other games, i would blame myself and credit it to my off-site experience like others seem to have... but honestly this is the only game ive had this response to. i want to curl up in a ball and die when i see these posts.

In post 810, sangres wrote:
In post 809, sangres wrote:I don't want to lynch Yuriko because there are scum in the other 8 players

And I think it's very very important we get real flips now for the sake of the game, and I also think it's important we wait to lynch the Yuriko a lot until it's blatantly obvious that it's not going to get replaced. If we mislynch Yuriko now, that's a big win for scum (my #1 priority if I were scum with not-Yuriko would be getting Yuriko lynched). If we hit scum with Yuriko, game state doesn't actually change that much since no one dies except the person not doing anything.

this would make sense if you were on the fence about yuriko but it sounded like you were p sure that yuriko was scum? if this is the case then non of this makes sense to me.... i mean, if there were 3 scum in the game then sure, look for better flips. 2? no reason not to hard-push a lynchable scum read in any circumstance.

In post 812, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 676, Gold Saucer wrote:Also, also guys it's official. I'm a doctor!!!!!!!

I find this claim a little scummy. Could be fake.

-Nati
lol
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

ok and im finding it funny that quil is defending the "tryhard" word usage because IIRC i put those words in his mouth
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

oh and i would very much appreciate some power-posting from ffery ATM because the more nacho posts the less sure i am about sangres town
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:28 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

oh and town points for BBmolla for the sick burn.... and half points to quil for finding the humor in it.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

i wonder if the CHAPTER posters find my multi-posts as annoying as i find trying to read their chapters.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:33 pm

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

In post 867, Soft-spoken wrote:i wonder if the CHAPTER posters find my multi-posts as annoying as i find trying to read their chapters.

I don't care how people post (Walls or short series of posts) as long as they're not spamming the thread into an unreadable amount of pages and are actually posting about game relevant things. I do hope you've actually read my posts though - I do make an effort to condense them as much as I can.

Would like a quick summary of where your reads are at exactly.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

your posts are bearable for the most part. the problem i have with the huge wall posts is the ones where there is no place for my eyes to rest or (subject/content) speed-read

sometimes i even make huge posts but, they are chopped up with subjects, @'s , quotes... ect. when i see a neverending stream of text that is impossible to skim through i just shut down.

my reads are ATM... pie is town. most people are town-leaning (sangres slot recently moved from town to town leaning for me thanks to nachos posting) quil gives me the WTF's but im not sure that qualifies as a scumread. yuriko is begging for a policy lynch. this game is rather unreadable as a whole to me right now.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

oh and the person im voting? i was sheeping a slot i townread... they have since unvoted and are less town to me than they were when i sheeped so

UNVOTE:
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 862, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:it's not the sole post that he 'slipped in' that I read as town, it's the natural progression re; him questioning how scumhunting is possible in a setup like this and that most tells are nullified to then slip in that manner, it all reads as very genuine

I know. Still think it's fakeable.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 862, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:whereas there's nearly nothing from you in the thread so far that hasn't been dragged out of you.

Don't think this is an accurate characterisation at all.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 862, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:@Molla - I really did want your reads explained in detail for me, some thought process from you would be much appreciated.

I'll look into you more in depth tomorrow, it boils down to in general I find a lot of your attacks ungenuine though.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

i just started to get paranoid about a yuriko/sangres team....

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”