Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4175 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 4172, RIP wrote:Lol. I actually want to see this white board.
That's pretty cool if you not lying. Proof or didn't happen

Yes please.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4176 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by elusive »

In post 4173, Grib wrote:Drixx, you've been hyping up your catch-up post(s) for a while now.

We can only take your word for it for so long.

Nthing this sentiment to the highest power. I feel like all Drixx is doing is "Boo hoo no one will summarize the game for me and I'm going to pretend to be petulant about it and use it as an excuse not to do anything at all and also claim to be a late game whiz" when in fact it is late game and thou shalt be killed soonish for dangerous apathy\whining
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

You guys don't use whiteboards? It's super easy to organize thoughts using the free version of Twiddla.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly: more than half the game have implicitly or explicitly called me a liar at this point? Elusive went so far as to mock me despite objective evidence that my late game play is legit.

I should be motivated to sink time into what is supposed to be fun when you guys are being nasty why?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

Here's the deal. I have a significant sample of completed games on site, of varying sizes and lengths. I also, obviously, have ongoing games on site. You all may feel free to view all of my games and feel just as free to point out any completed game where I just lurksacked and didn't engage or where I said something was the case and it was not. You have zero basis to attack me personally, and it's outright bullshit, especially from people who know me from prior games.

Games don't just magically click into place and solve themselves. It takes time and effort. You lot really expect that I should have just devoted every waking moment the last couple days to immersing into this game? I thought we had a lengthy amount of time to work with for a reason. I also, and I know this must be a shocker to those of you who are personally attacking me, have other hobbies. If you have nothing else to do with your time and can spend 12 hours a day on mafia games ... that's spectacular. I'm glad for you. I have a finite amount of time, and if that's not good enough for you, then just lynch me and see that I was being honest, and then look through who has played with me before and didn't want me to finish reading through and taking notes on the game.

Because my "giveashit" level for this game just went down to like 0.5 when I refreshed to keep up while in another tab I'm ~100 pages back.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Rubicon »

You said you have notes and they're incomplete. Please post them.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 4179, Rubicon wrote:You said you have notes and they're incomplete. Please post them.

Go to that website I linked you and tell me the flaw in your clever plan. Or do you think I should drop $20 so I can invite the whole game to my whiteboard just so that
you will stop calling me a liar, without any evidence or reason to do so
?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4181 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by elusive »

Rubi, I haven't as scum learned how to fake outrage or throw tantrums or be mean.

Drixx, I have no fucking clue what's going on with you but its been made clear you don't have to read the entire game, I even said just ISO scum but you're deliberately choosing to be anti town and coast by when your slot was behaving weird already and about to be lynched.

There's such a thing as summing up notes or taking a screenshot or figuring out if you want to be in the game or not. Other people have been gently pushing you to interact for a while and yet you remain in the same old same old.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4182 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by elusive »

Its because I know you're not some imbecile that the resistant to giving reads or thoughts on the current game state is mind boggling...
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4183 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Drixx, I don't understand the problem. Okay, you haven't solved the game yet. Okay, you can't copy your notes directly. That doesn't stop you from posting something about the game, does it? Can't you give us some tiny idea what you're thinking so far?

In post 4180, Drixx wrote:
you will stop calling me a liar, without any evidence or reason to do so
?

Is it 'without reason' to accuse someone of lying when you think they may be mafia? It's not an attack on your character to suggest you may be lying when lying is the premise of the game. Until you give us some reason to think you're town (content of any kind) from my point of view there is a pretty good chance you are lying.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4184 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Drixx »

Elusive you have played with me before. You can also go look at my completed games. Have you ever seen me just lurk out of a game? Have I ever replaced out of a game? The answer to those question is a resounding no.

I haven't gotten ... for lack of a better word ... "hooked" into this game yet. Normally it only takes a little bit and I can get into the flow of things. It's uncommon for me to have trouble getting into mafia games. I greatly enjoy mafia.

I'll either get into this one and be useful or you'll be impatient and lynch me and see I'm a VT and hopefully that doesn't hurt the town. Given that the deadline is a significant length of time away, I think it's wicked premature to conclude that I am for some reason just completely being a different player than my entire time on site, for no discernible reason.

I mean ... I replaced into SMITE with the gamestate being awful, my team mates being completely demoralized and basically barely willing to even interact in the scum PT, let alone in game. At one point they were like 28 and 19 days inactive in the activity overview. I carried that to a scum win. If I was willing to do the work to get into
that
game, shouldn't that fact buy me some freaking benefit of the doubt here?

It's precisely because I'm not an imbecile that I haven't given reads yet. I have conflicting thoughts on a couple of players. I'm trying to read in context because I feel like I'm missing something by just looking at out of context things. Sometimes you can read an ISO and get a lot from it. Sometimes the context is the key. Rubicon's suggestion to just read from when I replaced in didn't end up with me having anyone I felt even remotely sure was scum. I'm doing what I know how to do, which is to read and note things that catch my attention.

The more I have to sit here and have an argument with people who should know better, the less I am doing what you want me to do.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4185 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4184, Drixx wrote:The more I have to sit here and have an argument with people who should know better, the less I am doing what you want me to do.

TBF, you were in this game for weeks without arguing with anyone and you still didn't do anything.

My vote is prob gonna rest on Drixx or Vamp today.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 4184, Drixx wrote:I have conflicting thoughts on a couple of players.

This sounds interesting, what are your conflicting thoughts?

I get that you want to wait until you have something amazing to say. But we're all stuck in a holding pattern waiting on you.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4187 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Drixx »

Let's start with Nero. Scummiest posts I can recall reading in years, but I can't give you anything more substantial yet than every time I read his posts my scumdar pings rapidly. I'm hoping to find something more substantial than my gut.

Rubicon is heavily invested in the game, to the point that he's stalking other people's games in progress and posting when they finish; however, he hasn't been night killed. That seems like poor decision making on the part of scum if he's town ... but I don't have anything more than that to add up to a case yet.

That's the sort of stuff I've got at the moment. Finding slips and making cases is work. Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's back to work I go.

That's either the scummiest post yet, or it makes Forrest Gump look like Einstein. Deciding whom to lynch while doing nothing other than bitch at me is not exactly a town-centric strategy.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4188 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Actually, I've been pretty engaged and I have both of you and Vamp (and Rubi) on POE. I've given my reasons for why I suspect who I do and see the gamestate the way I do and either you are scum misrepping or you are incredibly misinformed.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4189 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by RIP »

Dried no one is picking on you. It just seems well : fake.

You suggest we lynch someone and give u a few more days or two weeks so you can give us reads when all of us are gonna be dying one by one?
I want to see ur work and help solve the game but come on.
I don't always have a ton of time to play but I try to give something for PPP to work on
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4190 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Post by Drixx »

We have 10 days and 17 hours on the deadline. I am irritated because I'm being called a liar and scum and people are trying to push me to do it half assed and there's loads of time left. I don't see any reason that me taking a couple more days and making a significant post that should be at least somewhat useful is a bad thing. You all may still decide to kill me because of that whole "Slot flaked, no kill happened, ergo slot is scum" ... "logic" ... but at least you'll have what I've got to say when you run me up and I flip town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4191 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but this is the same song and dance you used yesterday.

In post 3957, Drixx wrote:There's like nearly 7 days until the deadline and apparently there's like only a couple people under lynch consideration ... so there seems to be no reason to rush just at the moment.

p much we've had nothing but excuses from you and you either need to start providing content or hang.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4192 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

Are you always an asshole Nero, or are you just bestowing me with some special attention?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4193 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't see how me being tired of your CONSTANT excuses is being an asshole.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4194 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Drixx »

I wasn't aware nearly dying was an excuse. I'll have to note that for future reference. If nearly dying isn't a good reason not to dump time into a forum mafia game, then all reasons short of actual death must, by definition, be excuses.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4195 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 4187, Drixx wrote:Let's start with Nero. Scummiest posts I can recall reading in years, but I can't give you anything more substantial yet than every time I read his posts my scumdar pings rapidly. I'm hoping to find something more substantial than my gut.

Rubicon is heavily invested in the game, to the point that he's stalking other people's games in progress and posting when they finish; however, he hasn't been night killed. That seems like poor decision making on the part of scum if he's town ... but I don't have anything more than that to add up to a case yet.

That's the sort of stuff I've got at the moment. Finding slips and making cases is work. Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's back to work I go.

That's either the scummiest post yet, or it makes Forrest Gump look like Einstein. Deciding whom to lynch while doing nothing other than bitch at me is not exactly a town-centric strategy.

Thank you, this is the stuff I'm looking for.

Some of the night kills have been odd.

There's a chance I was shot at N4: BBT protected me and no one died. I personally find that strange since there were several claimed PRs at the time, in addition to Dave who was cleared by Grib...

Nero is a townread for me, so I'm interested in what you have to say about him.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4196 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Nero, is it an official rule that scum can't use their power and kill the same night in normals?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4197 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I am p sure it yes, yea.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4198 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by Drixx »

It's not in the article on what constitutes normal. I just read that last night actually, since I had a couple questions.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4199 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In this game there were 4 scum. Once 3 of the scum were dead the last remaining member of the mafia (a fruit vendor) could no longer send fruit and night kill.

Below is him talking about it
I think I would have had a fighting chance if I could have used my PR and made the NK being the only scum left. Once it was shown that my fruit stopped when 3 scum were dead, I should have been that days lynch like Nero wanted.

This is not the first time I had seen this though. I mean MAYBE they changed things but not being able to commit more than one action per night used to be non normal.

vote:Vamp

Him or Rubi is scum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”