AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:47 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3422, Sonic Boom wrote:When push comes to shove, Singer wants the popular vote and not to piss anyone off.

Titus, a million apologies to everyone if this is obvious, but what is your read/stance on Singer? Do you think Wisdom's points hold any water?

@HH: What are your thoughts on Bacon&Egg and Sonic Boom? I notice you didn't mention them in your reads-sync post from last night although thats not to say you haven't commented on them. You've been pretty focused on Generic and getting bogged down in the gamestate though (can't blame you, I'm there right now). They only get floated as PLs which kind of weakens any case on them, but I think there is something worth looking at if you peel off all the spamming and dick-waving.

I've gotten a little softer on Espsy, mostly from some of their emotional appeals. I'd probably be ok with voting them Today, but currently thinking they are more likely to flip town than not.

I have reservations about you two, but none of it is concrete in the slightest. Ceph doesn't feel like his scum-self, but also this game is such a hot mess that I'm having trouble making sense of a lot of people's hands in it. Also while we're at it, you are engaging Bacon on this Singer thing- what are you currently thinking about the whole situation there?
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

I think TWIE is genuinely scum. Early in the game he pretty much used Sonic's push as a reason to not play. And this didn't go on for a day, it went on for something like 70 pages? I can understand being legitimately upset at Sonic to not want to produce content in the game, but he flaunted it. He taunted Sonic whenever he stopped pushing TWIE. He taunted ZZZX when he targeted him for no content. A little taunting? Fine I guess town can do it. The entirety of his posting? That's a scumplayer who is riding the fact that he was being pushed for reasons unrelated to the game and can bank on that as a reason to pretty much active lurk. I can't really find anything to support him being town, he just looks opportunistic. Maybe that he hasn't added his vote to any of his counter wagons is a plus for him? I dunno.

Psyche I'm not as confident on. He active lurks, that's the entirety of his ISO. He implies he has reads on other players because they 'lack content' while almost entirely lacking content himself. His ISO is like an encyclopedia of scumhunting buzzwords. I think he is hedging his bets on my wagon, supporting it when it gains traction, then distancing himself when it loses it. There is just a single thing he has said that made me stop in my tracks for a moment, he accused me of taking steps to try to avoid responsibility for the Ricastle mislynch, something that I frequently accuse players of doing that is scummy (cause it is). While the context isn't quite right, the good thought process is there.

There's a lot of players who I'm just unimpressed with (Cait, Oversoul, mario, Random, Seiko) in general, but even things like that can be explained as they can't keep up with all the posting and fighting. Cait is pretty self-centered when she does post. I don't recall a single post of Oversoul's that wasn't about him being on v/la. I don't recall a single post of Mario (though the way his wagon built up at the end of day 1 was kinda shit and I want to revisit that at some point), I don't remember much of random other than the thing he did really early Day 1 (voting for Sonic and then hydrating him in his very next post as if the vote didn't happen), this is a slot that is just lurking. Seiko I think is town, but leaves a lot to be desired.

And then there is all of us whom are fighting, I think Sonic and Singer are town....Generic's predecessor wasn't very good I don't have a feeling one way or another, Bert's waffleness is something I've attributed to being town even though that kind of play just feels wrong to attribute to town, ZZZX and AP are in this middle area where I don't have a feeling one way or another, and I can't give an objective opinion on Wisdom and you (HH). Anen actually thinks Wisdom is scum, but I think I may have compromised his view as well. I thought Singer's catch-up points about Wisdom were valid, but I was going to rely on everyone else anyway. Even if I re-read Wisdom and give an objective as possible read on him, would anyone believe it at this point?

More than you bargained for Cheet, this is me trying to move past the fighting again.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
You're such a lame duck wgurts -Bone
And we lied. We're actually Old and Ugly –Aneninen
Speak for yourself Aneninen -wgeurts
Whatever my show now -Bone
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Bert »

In post 3247, Sonic Boom wrote:1. Cait Sith (mala+Tammy) - Needs to post more. Tammy, according to some in Signs and Void, obvtowns when town. I haven't seen that. I haven't seen anything scummy either. Given the fact I haven't seen anything scummy from them, willing to take them off the table. This won't last too long though. Sonic says Tammy is usually a high volume poster but hasn't been this game and wonders why.

2. Seiko x Naomi (notscience+pieguyn) - Play screams scum hard defending TWIE. Role suggests clear (but not confclear). If I had a cop, I'd check them. (Which probably has just excluded us from hydration but I really don't give a fuck.) We can take them off the table for a few days, to see if scum cross kill as they are unlikely to be lynched even if they scumslipped (not saying they have).

Seiko's vote is expected because it reads like someone being butthurt over me not townreading them, much like TBone/Kurbo/UT in We didn't playtest this. They aren't conftown but can't handle the suspicion on their slot because they feel entitled to be read that way, despite the fact, we'd be regarded as looney toones for having said read and it would keep them alive longer due to the fact they could be mislynchable.

3. Sonic Boom (metal sonic+Titus) - Towniest town that ever towned. Fuck you if you can't actually listen for once. I've admitted when I was wrong and done things that should indicate that I'm actually learning, but I'm starting to feel like the thread just does the opposite of whatever I want no matter what I do. I avoid posting, everyone avoids posting. I post. People claim I am pushing what I want to hard despite no one actually discussing my reads when I'm not here.

4. randomidget - Lurktastic. Shit tastic. Bad logic. Same category as Oversoul. Would vote it to get a lynch off though. Wouldn't cry if he died.

5. Angry frat BROS (Angrypigeon+BROseidon) * AngryPigeon - Awkward entry to start the day, speculating about bulletproof status. Kinda common but still awkward. He's been much more of a sheep than I would expect. Although he was batshit wrong in Street Racers about amateur, AP had more of a presence there and was a town leader. Gun to my head, could vote him.

6. ricastle - We fucking told you he was town.

7. Bacon and egg (wisdom+gif) - Town cuz pain in the ass. ALthough maybe just maybe you can see #3217 is my world every fucking town game. I see town after town get mislynched, and feel ignored. Welcome to my world Wisdom. He can't explain his head but when he tries like 3217 we get somewhere.

8. singersigner - Pushes Oversoul for lurking. Defends our push on the TWIE wagon for active lurking, yet won't vote it despite multiple reachouts from us to do so. Votes us after defending us and clearly displaying more irritation with Bacon and Egg than us. The posts she makes are logical individually but her actions lately are inconsistent with what she actually posts. Sonic reads the slot as a weak town read, but he's willing to let me see where this goes for awhile.

9. Homiletic Homunculi (Cheetory +Cephrir) - Definitely reading the Cephrir head as pacifist scum though Sonic disagrees. I'm pretty good at reading the Cephrir head and so is Sonic. Sonic caught Cephrir in Smite mafia early and I caught Cephrir in that hydra when I was Depraved Justice with Nero Cain. We're avoiding this thread to remove that toolkit from HH's scum arsenal. No one is demotivating the thread.

10. zzzx - ZZX is obvious town to both heads. There's a unique train of thought coming from ZZZX that neither of us really understand, which tends to indicate he's town. Sonic is meta reading ZZZX as town and he's given no sign of being scum because meta.

11. TheWayItEnds - Seriously, if you don't get at least what we are reading TWIE as, pack your bags and stop playing mafia.

12. NotAnAxehole Generic - Strong townread here. Generic has an analytic approach that I like and I can follow his thoughts. He hasn't done anything inconsistent with himself, which scum usually do eventually or paint themselves into a corner. Plus, HH wants to lynch them so probably town. Sonic says posting feels genuine. He seems to figuring out who is scum and giving sonic good vibes.

13. Glass MarioManiac4 - Lurker opportunist. Scum or strong sheepage personality. Sonic will do a meta dive on them during the week. Glass posting was obvious town so it gives us pause when we consider the read.

14. Rune Bert - Far too agreeable. There's not much drive there. Can't tell if it's a sheeper personality. Overall weaker read. Sonic says Bert is obvious town. The vote on TWIE is obvious town.

15. Espsyoncheage (Anenien+wgeurts+tbone) - Sonic's reading them as town but some doubts on them buddying Wisdom. #2818 is an example of a post that alarms Sonic. That dropped the read significantly. I however townread the slot pretty hard.

16. Oversoul - When does she end their VLA?

17. Jessica (marquis+Katarina) p2 Psyche - Sonic is weak townreading them. I agree.

VOTE: Singer

With that, we are VLA, for one week. Let's see if you people can actually even discuss scum while we are out.
Homiletic Homunculi
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:58 am

Post by Homiletic Homunculi »

In post 3425, AngryPidgeon wrote:@HH: What are your thoughts on Bacon&Egg and Sonic Boom? I notice you didn't mention them in your reads-sync post from last night although thats not to say you haven't commented on them. You've been pretty focused on Generic and getting bogged down in the gamestate though (can't blame you, I'm there right now). They only get floated as PLs which kind of weakens any case on them, but I think there is something worth looking at if you peel off all the spamming and dick-waving.

I've gotten a little softer on Espsy, mostly from some of their emotional appeals. I'd probably be ok with voting them Today, but currently thinking they are more likely to flip town than not.

I have reservations about you two, but none of it is concrete in the slightest. Ceph doesn't feel like his scum-self, but also this game is such a hot mess that I'm having trouble making sense of a lot of people's hands in it. Also while we're at it, you are engaging Bacon on this Singer thing- what are you currently thinking about the whole situation there?

I think Bacon & Egg are town. I have half-assedly spectated a Wisdom scum game and I don't think this is it.

I am also still leaning town on Sonic Boom, but I am not sold on them. I know how much trouble I've had with reading Titus in the past, and some of the things they do are just are-you-actually-kidding-me-right-now. Their position on singer has never sat well with me and that is only getting worse now; meanwhile they're helping to drown the thread in noise and I now *know* Titus is both aware this is antitown and willing to use it as a scum tactic (S&V).

I will admit that Espy's ATE gets to me sometimes -- however, I suspect that T-Bone is an accomplished ATEr. I still want to lynch them, though at this moment, I might lynch Generic first if that was possible. I know that Cheet is also quite happy lynching Espy.

I'll let Cheet field the last bit as he's the one doing the engaging.

-Ceph
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 3420, Homiletic Homunculi wrote:I don't think I would ever do that as scum. q.q
Why is it not equally possible that she's just VLA and acknowledging that she doesn't have enough time to look through the context?
Like.
I just don't understand how it's not more null than you're making it out to be?

Saying "I might be missing the context" in a post where she completely ignored the context is not a coincidence. And you act like that's the only reason I gave. It's not.
Homiletic Homunculi
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:00 am

@AP, I think Bacon is more likely town than scum and I will actively be against a lynch on him despite finding him frustrating.

Titus feels like she's compensating for Team Mafia in a scummy way. I'm sure there's more to talk about there, but that's the only thing I'm really holding onto atm.

I don't feel like I've personally been too focused on Generic >.> [and arguably I'm making an effort not to be]

I mean. Is it beyond t-bone's capacity to flail around as scum?

AP wrote:Also while we're at it, you are engaging Bacon on this Singer thing- what are you currently thinking about the whole situation there?
It's like.. I can't get behind the specific reasons people are pushing her for, despite feeling wary of her. There are probably better lynches than her today, especially since if she's town I'm pretty sure she'll eventually get stronger and pull together.
Homiletic Homunculi
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:00 am

disclaimer: neither cheet nor myself had read this page when I wrote my last post
Homiletic Homunculi
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:00 am

-Ceph
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:01 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 3421, singersigner wrote:Wisdom also never responded to my points last night and instead decided to take the opportunity to rehash how I must be scum for making the mistake of trying when I was clearly over my head, failing to explain why that makes me scummy and only reaffirming why he's been terrible this game. Would not hesitate at a policy lynch, hence my "would lynch either of them" comment that apparently made me opportunistic once the deciding vote was placed. Good times!

There is nothing I haven't answered to, and that's a complete misrep of everything I've said.
Homiletic Homunculi
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Homiletic Homunculi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:02 am

bacon wrote:And you act like that's the only reason I gave. It's not.
I feel like I'm just not absorbing it right now then. :/
Sorry.
It's probably more just me being off atm.
I'll bash my head against the game later tonight and see if it makes sense then I guess.

-Cheet.
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

Like I did explain how you are scummy and you are just calling me terrible so you can use people's frustration against me and make them not listen to me.
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Bert »

Boner is a boss at ATE, in a very Nacho-like way. It makes me become Sir Waffles.

@cheet: game 1 (scum) where T-bone (as osseus hydra) flails a lot

game 2 (town) where T-bone (as osseus hydra) flails a lot

Lol I can't even spell that hydra name. Osseus Pseudotropolis (sp?)
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Bert »

both games he was lynched and went down swinging like a boss with all the stops
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

Like, instead of trying to work with me to solve your giant misunderstandings about the game (because that's the only other explanation other than you violently twisting every context so you can push things), you call me terrible and shrug off my scumread. That shows your motivation - you want people to just ignore my points on you. You do not care to get in this game, you are content with "misunderstanding" things and implying things based on those "misunderstandings".
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

and were my answers to your "points" last night, in case you missed them.
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

In post 3436, Bert wrote:Boner is a boss at ATE, in a very Nacho-like way. It makes me become Sir Waffles.

@cheet: game 1 (scum) where T-bone (as osseus hydra) flails a lot

game 2 (town) where T-bone (as osseus hydra) flails a lot

Lol I can't even spell that hydra name. Osseus Pseudotropolis (sp?)

I don't flail? I don't even know what a flailing T-Bone looks like.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

Tbone why is singer town?
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

Other than "because she says things about you that I agree" and "because you are scumreading her"
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Bert »

i dunno, maybe that was the wrong word and "talking your way out" is better.

flailing t-bone doesnt sound like pleasant imagery, that i can agree on!
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

In post 3442, Bacon and Egg wrote:Other than "because she says things about you that I agree" and "because you are scumreading her"

Well because the things- :P

I think she shows the critical thinking I expect to see from town. I know one of your (someone's?) arguments early Day 1 was that she was questioning things and then providing no follow up, but I disagreed with that. Early on she questioned blanket townreads on her from players she wasn't interacting with. On one hand you can wave that away as scum theatre, on the other hand in a game like this, what's the point? And yeah she said things early on I agreed with. She picked up on the same things I picked up on with Ricastle, about trying to bully people with a flavorclaim (something that got largely ignored by everyone else). I think she was hitting the right notes against Rune. I know scum can legitimately scumhunt in multiball, but there is a certain point where a scum player in multiball needs to push a narrative and I don't feel it. Her 'catch-up' that people bemoaned was again another thing that I think comes from a town place. It's busy work that she didn't need to do (and if she was scum trying to fake it, then it hilariously backfired for the most part). The fighting that has been going on in this thread is so great scum players either have to participate in the fight (to keep it going), or just completely stay out of it any not put in any real sustained effort. Scum can come in, make a post that seems like scumhunting, and show themselves out. I don't think Singer is doing that, I think she is consistently trying to push through with her content.

I think there are things about Singer worth questioning...I'm not sure where her reads are at this point, I think she is avoiding taking hard stances on any of our fighting slots...but these things aren't enough to make me reconsider my read. I think you see emptyness in her posts? I don't quite see it. So here walk me through what you are seeing.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 3444, Espsyoncheage wrote:but there is a certain point where a scum player in multiball needs to push a narrative and I don't feel it.

But that's precisely what she has been doing in regards to me+TWIE.
Espsyoncheage
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Espsyoncheage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Espsyoncheage »

Show me real quick.
Show
Winners of "
Team Mafia 2015
".
Bacon and Egg
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Bacon and Egg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Bacon and Egg »

In post 3444, Espsyoncheage wrote:Scum can come in, make a post that seems like scumhunting, and show themselves out. I don't think Singer is doing that, I think she is consistently trying to push through with her content.

She is doing precisely what you are saying she isn't doing. Where is she trying to push through with her content?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Bert »

Order #374988 was successfully placed.
Seiko, Generic, Wisdom, Psyche, AP, Oversoul, Cait, Espy (it's ESPY’s, get it???!?! HAHAHAHAHA HA. HA. HA.), ZZZX, Sonic, HH, TWIE, Singer, Mario, Random
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Bert »

Oversoul was put in there as more of a placeholder than anything. Like beginning of a downhill slope in a bell curve.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”