Beer
Beer
Goon
Beer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Beer »

Oh, and I may have made the point somewhere in that post, but I think one distinct difference between your town and your scum game is how you respond to and handle pressure, and that is contributing to why I believe the way you're approaching your read on me doesn't look town. I care not to talk more about this at this point in time, though. It will become incredibly obvious as the day goes on if I'm right.
“Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.” - Homer Simpson
Beer
Beer
Goon
Beer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:22 am

Post by Beer »

In post 286, Sonic X wrote:he's open-minded in the beer-vezok thing in a manner that wants to understand both sides of the argument before placing judgment

That was the general opinion of almost every player that had posted about it (except for obviously the ones voting me). It was not unique to Cheetory.

For example, who do you think fits the mold of players you think were approaching it in the way you suggested scum would? Because I haven't seen you talk about that at all.

In post 296, Sonic X wrote:
In post 293, Ricastle wrote:
In post 289, Sonic X wrote:what the hell is this doing in the thread?
I cannot see both of you as town. I think it's very likely one of you is town and one is scum (although I wouldn't discount both scum), so I'd like to PoE you.

not this shit again

70% of the time someone interferes with a conversation and says "one is scum and one is town" without saying who is which, that person is actually scum and the two people are town

you should probably stop with that

What was the point of this post?

It looks like you're softly suggesting that you think Ricastle is scum attacking two town players (with some made-up statistic) but that conflicts with your view that I'm "obvscum".

So what were you even trying to achieve here?
“Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.” - Homer Simpson
Beer
Beer
Goon
Beer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Beer »

In post 299, Skybird wrote:But I think Verzok is misrepping Beer in order to get him lynched. Scum read on Verzok.

I doubt this is the case.

Both Pawtucket and I are of the opinion that it's more likely Veko is town. I don't really think he's been "misrepresenting" anything I'm saying so much as "misinterpreting" things. It's also true that I haven't exactly been going out of my way to make it easy for him!

In post 318, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Pawtucket, do you regret your choice of hydra partner?

No, I don't. Gordovan Kensington III is the most charming, handsome, amazingly awesome, witty, spectacular human being I have ever interacted with.

- Totally Pawtucket

In post 340, TunnelWarriors wrote:There's a lot more information to be drawn out of a beer lynch

Like what?

In post 340, TunnelWarriors wrote:now I'll explain my marquis and radman scum reads. Beer's is self-explanitory.

Even if you believe it is self-explanatory, I would like you to explain it to me like I'm five years old.

Why do you think I'm scum? Or rather, what scum motivation do you see in my play? What scum agenda do you think I've been pushing here?

In post 353, radmann9 wrote:Tunnel, you wondered why I changed my opinion/vote? This. While I appreciate Beer trying to clear my name after sullying it, this whole post reads trying to find an ally when there's no reason to. Literally the line that he felt was 'genuine' was 'Or pick my brain.' How does that reveal anything?

I'm a player whose primary method of scum hunting is reading heavily into what (I think is) the underlying motivation behind the things someone writes (in case that wasn't already obvious from the things I'm saying about Sonic, for example).

So when, for example, I say that I think that line as genuine, I'm talking about what was going on in the game at the time, how it was phrased and what I think it tells me about how you're approaching the game. To me, it looked like you were struggling to get a foothold in the game (or rather, struggling to figure out what specifically to write with regards to your thoughts) and you were looking for an avenue to express your thoughts (via someone questioning you about something or somethings). The reason I thought this was genuine is that it implies you're ready and willing to have a quick, unguarded conversation about the game with someone and, while I wouldn't necessarily say the same thing for someone with a lot more experience than you seem to have, this is something I think is more likely to come from town than scum. I also think if you were scum, you would have just written a lot of fake "thoughts" on the game without asking for someone to pick your brain about something.

I still think you're town, by the way. This response to my read on you just reinforces my thought processes about you. I don't really understand the suspicion towards you in this game, other than people have an issue with you that looks to me more like a playstyle thing than anything legitimate.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 452, Beer wrote:
In post 299, Skybird wrote:But I think Verzok is misrepping Beer in order to get him lynched. Scum read on Verzok.

I doubt this is the case.

Both Pawtucket and I are of the opinion that it's more likely Veko is town. I don't really think he's been "misrepresenting" anything I'm saying so much as "misinterpreting" things. It's also true that I haven't exactly been going out of my way to make it easy for him!

So what is the town motivation for trying to make it harder for a player to read you?
Beer
Beer
Goon
Beer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Beer »

Thinking about that from the perspective of town and scum motivation is a silly thing to do.

Conversely, what's the scum motivation for egging on someone who thinks I'm scum?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 am

Post by grapes »

Hi guys. Going to read the posts and stuff be back soon maybe.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 430, Marquis wrote:people keep posting that garnet song on tumblr and i don't know how i feel about it

blah blah more fluffposting until i find something i care about

also i still don't feel like skybird actually thought she would get a case from me and i think her response was unnecessarily defensive/prepared to some small extent

No, I actually want to know if you have a case and are trying to scum hunt or if you are just screwing around and sheeping others. (for the sonic vote) Now that you are voting me, can you articulate a case or are you just throwing mud hoping something sticks?
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Skybird »

Beer, how would you describe your scum hunting style then? If you think looking at town or scum motivation is silly, what do you look for in determining who is town and who is scum?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Ricastle »

I only just noticed Skybird was female.
Beer
Beer
Goon
Beer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Beer »

In post 457, Skybird wrote:Beer, how would you describe your scum hunting style then? If you think looking at town or scum motivation is silly, what do you look for in determining who is town and who is scum?

No, I think suggesting
everything
must have town
or
scum motivation is silly.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:33 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 452, Beer wrote:
I'm a player whose primary method of scum hunting is reading heavily into what (I think is) the underlying motivation behind the things someone writes (in case that wasn't already obvious from the things I'm saying about Sonic, for example).

In post 457, Skybird wrote:Beer, how would you describe your scum hunting style then? If you think looking at town or scum motivation is silly, what do you look for in determining who is town and who is scum?

Skybird, Beer just described their scum-hunting method.

Did you get confused because Gordovan (i think?) said that there's no point in looking into his weird posting style as scum-motivated or town-motivated. As scum, there's little motivation to basically joke that you're scum, unless you're a non-scum role or in a game where there's a Jester. And this game was advertised as non-bastard. But anyways, that's not the point. As town, there's also no reason to do it... so you kind of have no choice but to take it as a posting quirk and be done with it.

Who was it that said that Beer was doing the jekyll-and-hyde thing as a scum plot? I need to find that post, it made me laugh.

P-EDIT: Okay, Beer explained it in a better way than I just did.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:37 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 446, radmann9 wrote:
Something about quoting a relatively unimportant line and saying that validated me seemed out of place. I thought from the beginning that Beer was either a bastard role with the purpose of getting themselves intentionally lynched. Then the other part showed up and just seemed very much like a Jeckyll and Hyde type of monster that someone mentioned. One head ridiculously over the top, the other head calm.

It seems like the first head was screwing around only for the other head to come in and clear everything up just read scum.

Nearly everyone has commented on Beer thus far. So, with another read through, could reveal a lot about everyone. Whether they voted for beer, disregarded him entirely, or voted him innocent all along.

Oh. Yep, it was Radmann.

Speaking of, Rad, you're referring to the Beer head situation in the past tense. Do you still think this is what's happening?
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:50 am

Post by NicCage »

In post 439, TunnelWarriors wrote:I feel like I should know what PoE means, but I don't. What does it mean?

Process of elimination. He was saying one of beer and Sonic were scum.
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 am

Post by radmann9 »

In post 461, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 446, radmann9 wrote:
Something about quoting a relatively unimportant line and saying that validated me seemed out of place. I thought from the beginning that Beer was either a bastard role with the purpose of getting themselves intentionally lynched. Then the other part showed up and just seemed very much like a Jeckyll and Hyde type of monster that someone mentioned. One head ridiculously over the top, the other head calm.

It seems like the first head was screwing around only for the other head to come in and clear everything up just read scum.

Nearly everyone has commented on Beer thus far. So, with another read through, could reveal a lot about everyone. Whether they voted for beer, disregarded him entirely, or voted him innocent all along.

Oh. Yep, it was Radmann.

Speaking of, Rad, you're referring to the Beer head situation in the past tense. Do you still think this is what's happening?

Well I was commenting on something someone else had said.
NicCage
NicCage
Mafia Scum
NicCage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 am

Post by NicCage »

Gordovan
, or any Beer: What's your opinion on Sonic's fake daykill? Sorry if you commented on it and I missed it.

Sonic
: What was it about Maxwell that made you confident that he was town in ?
radmann9
radmann9
Townie
radmann9
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:00 am

Post by radmann9 »

As for the Beer head situation, I only commented on it in past tense because well... the posts were before mine. It very well could still be going on since neither are signing their posts. Thus it's still suspicious activity. If calm head were trying to keep their distance from the more outlandish head why would he not start signing his posts? It's at least a good cover if nothing else.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:54 am

Post by grapes »

pg 3

ragebull's entrance is meh - like they're essentially groaning about their role or whatever when there's already two stump and a miller claims out, like how bad could your PM be? Feels like something they planned to post regardless considering where the game was at during their post, just read all around kinda fake. I mean I rolled miller and even I didn't come into the thread dripping in apathy in my first post really...not super strong but my least favorite entrance by far.

And then apparently they've got a few to chat and then don't chat...

Max's entrance is kinda...wordy, I guess is the word, for my taste. Though I need to get better at looking past personality/playstyle differences when reading people. So I think that's what I'll chalk this up to for now. But my gut did sorta churn regardless.

cheetory6's entrance is meh. Townish kinda?

pg flippin 4

more boring vezok v beer shite. which is probably town/town hope this doesn't drag on forever

marquis's first post - the free reference is just random enough for it to be townish i think

bins first post is meh - don't see what was so bad about mastins entrance really

marquis trolls a little bit for some reason? town vibes kinda, though would be cool if they actually did something

pg 5

bins continues doing nothing

ricastles 101 felt like aggressive town trying to cut out the bullshit and get down to business liked very much

town vibes from radman the charmander

113 from reasonably rational just smells like a large mix of passive aggression/appeasement and doesn't really say anything

pg 6

okay marquis continues to distract and not do much, drifting this read into null territory

slight town vibes from bins - i particularly liked the vote and unvote of max - didn't feel fake and it mirrored my "read process" or thoughts of max kinda well, like a slight start towards scum and slightly drifting towards nullish town later, the immediateness of the turnaround sorta alleviates the strength of this a bit, but unsureness is hard to fake for scum and it's just kinda uncomfortable for them to make turnarounds at all anyway

don't like max kinda overfocusing on the flavor stuff, though

pg 7

cheetory directing attention back to beer/vezok, asking a lot of opinions, not giving a lot of opinions scummy

radman's reads in 161, while wishy washy as shit, feel like real thoughts

townvibes from vezok and mastin based on their interaction

168 is another semi wall of nothing, particularly didn't like the pot shot of fluminator, because I can't even tell if they're calling them scum or not, if they're aren't, then what's the point of the post? if they are, then it's pretty much calling them out for real life shit that nobody can prove false anyway, it's also a pretty easy thing to sling

so scum lean on RR

oh and btw guys I heavily disagree with allying with somebody you don't have a read on, we want to do our best to keep the alliances town/town

pg 8

wasteland pretty much

actually towards the bottom sonic x starts to get their feet wet - felt mehtown

pg 9

fuzzy's first post is all kinds of bad, uhm, i do recall him being kinda easy to scumread, if that makes sense

but the fact alone he went kinda ignored the whole rest of the page gives me the heebies, like I feel like if I was scum I could have a field day with that post if fuzzy's town

pretty much singles out mastins claim and waffles all over the place on that and tops it off with this is for sure weird behavior, like, ughhhh and then something really out of the blue with the mass claims thing

needless to say I'm really interested in seeing more substantial things from this slot and will be looking to see if they went on ignored in the pages to come

scum vibes from raging bull in 205 -

VOTE: raging bull

I mean, call this a chainsaw or whatever. But radman is pretty transparently town. Like, if he's scum I'll eat my entire collection of hats. But that's only slightly where the scumvibes come from anyway.

Just the fact alone he justified a vote because they thought ONE vote was bad just reads super fucking easy and rushed. Like, scum don't like to get caught not voting or vote parking their RVS and the post reads underlined a whole lot like "oh shit better get a serious vote down somewhere"

In post 214, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I like Ra9in9 Bull's entrance.

why?

pg 10

okay somebody(sonic) final acknowledges fuzzies existence, about time.

Beer's posts this page aren't
bad
but the sarcasm/snarkiness I don't really care for on a game level, (but I loled at 233.)

And while they haven't posted anything super unfakeable their vibe is still town. Reads list aint to shabby. And I'm kinda confuzzeled by how much traction their wagon has considering how boring it is.

pg 11

ugh, first half of this page is not very interesting

townvibes from farside, though

In post 266, farside22 wrote:
In post 107, Cheetory6 wrote:Or Beer/vezok could be scum, with a scum-flavoured role, with a fakeclaim to prevent massclaim bullshit on D1.

I would vote you in a heartbeat.

VOTE: cheetory6

here take one of mine

and with that, boredom strikes, will finish reading tomorrow or something maybe
TunnelWarriors
TunnelWarriors
Townie
TunnelWarriors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:05 am

Post by TunnelWarriors »

My claim has been oddly ignored by most, I want people to discuss it's utility and suggest possible blocs as I basically make existing blocs stronger while also weeding out scum who try to sneak in.
Anyway, I'm seriously starting to doubt my beer read and unless vezok actually paraphrases beer gloating he succesully claimed scum (as well as the initial claim) I'm not switching back anytime soon.
VOTE: Radman
This however I fully endorse.
TunnelWarriors
TunnelWarriors
Townie
TunnelWarriors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 am

Post by TunnelWarriors »

Grapes, cheetory is town. Try again.
~wgeurts
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:19 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

grapes: Was referring to Ra9in9 Bull's , not their actual entrance. I think that their first post was too tasteless for me to register. I think I said I liked it because they were one of the first to call attention to Radmann, who I'd kind of ignored before then? I don't remember the exact reason, but it was definitely because of what they said to/about Radmann. None of the other bits of that post are standing out as anything besides fluff.

Tunnel: I thought you'd already decided on a bloc to make. Unless you're asking for changes to be suggested?

I don't have any experience with neighbourhoods so I wouldn't know how to use a role like yours. Private discussions that can be held away from scum sound good, though, but the size of your neighbourhood will make that more difficult. The season finale ability seems like the best thing about it.

P-Edit: I agree. Tunnel, are they in your neighbourhood chain?
TunnelWarriors
TunnelWarriors
Townie
TunnelWarriors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:25 am

Post by TunnelWarriors »

At the moment it seems I'm going with Trench and Reasonably Rational. I'm doing this to sort them.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:20 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Whoever said that you should probably focus on getting towny people in there, instead of people you're unsure about, was right. I don't remember who.

Unless you're confident in your ability to sort once they're in a smaller group?
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:41 am

Post by Trench Warfare »

I have a confession; until now, I thought Bins was a Marquis alt, and that Marquis posting was just being lazy.

My townread on Marquis is an amalgamation of the two, so I need to sort that shit out.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 447, Ricastle wrote:
In post 446, radmann9 wrote:Also I can reveal my role if that would help alleviate the scumreads like Mr. Mayor over there.
This needs death.

Far, are you still up for alliance? If not, anyone else interested? I'd like to believe I obvtown pretty quickly in neighborhoods.

Yes sir.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

To date, several characters have specific instruments that represent them in the soundtrack. The Crystal Gems have been confirmed by Aivi & Surasshu (who arrange the music for SU); Pearl's is represented by piano, Garnet by synthbass, Amethyst by electric drums, Rose by guitar, and Steven by strings.

Spoiler:
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”