Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Maybe there’s a clue hidden in these ancient drawings. It looks like there’s lots of triangles hidden in this room..."
-Steven,
Serious Steven

VOTECOUNT 1.16

Reasonably Rational (5):
vezokpiraka, vezokpiraka, grapes, Bins, MaxwellPuckett
Thefuzzylogic99 (4):
Sonic X, grapes, Skybird, Marquis
Sonic X (2):
Beer, CooLDoG
radmann9 (2):
TunnelWarriors, Ricastle
NicCage (1):
Cheetory6
Ricastle (1):
NicCage
Beer (1):
radmann9

Not Voting (6):
Fluminator, Thefuzzylogic99, Mastin2, Ra9in9 Bull, Reasonably Rational, Trench Warfare

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2015-07-13 06:50:00)
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Trench Warfare »

In post 389, NicCage wrote:I think Max, mastina, Sonic X, vezo and farside are all probably town.

I have no idea why you were townreading Sonic X at that stage and I haven't seen you make it clear yet.

In post 396, NicCage wrote:
As far as Ricastle goes, I'm not a fan. Going after beer is lame and easy, if he's town he'd be the number 1 thing scum would latch onto, and I thought his following push on Sonic X was really awful I have no idea why Ricastle voted for him and I can't imagine how there is some kind of PoE that could take place between Sonic and beer.

I just feel like I have no idea where your thoughts are at with this post. I can't see any real justification for your reads. You scumread Ricastle for going after Beer, because you think scum would attack Beer if he was town, but you never explain why you think Beer is town, nor why Ricastle going after Beer made him scum, when plenty of people went after Beer.

Maybe we're just seeing things differently, I guess, but I don't think so. You just seem to pass off Beer as town with no real reason for doing it and base all your reads off that and I just have no idea why you are making this a cornerstone of your reads when you have nearly no way to know it's true.

In post 410, Trench Warfare wrote:I actually townread the request. He is not specifically asking to be copped, triggering Godfather fears, but he wants any action. That suggests to me a deeper motivation that it would be anti town to comment on. If there's a role such as "fruit vendor" targeting Sonic might not be a bad idea. No skin off our back if I am wrong.

When I thought about it, Titus makes a valid point. It seems like an odd scum role that wants people to target them, given that it basically promotes bad scumplay. It can't just be a Godfather or something, there has to actually be a beneficial output for the claim to hold water, which seems more likely to come from a town role, rather than a scum one.

I started at page 16 with Sonic X as my primary scumread and this has changed. I don't know whether that's a good or a bad thing.

In post 478, Trench Warfare wrote:
Vezok:
Can you summarise Beer's opening in the PT? From what I currently gather, he claimed scum, then said he meant town, then said he was trolling, then overcompensated to try to make you believe the whole thing was a troll.

Did this ever happen? If you want people to actually vote Beer you need to engage them. That you didn't reply to this seems odd, given it's basically an open invitation to convert me into voting Beer. That, or you're just not reading the game.

In post 505, Fro99er wrote:Yeah, skybird simply asks beer how beer scumhunts. This is the exchange
In post 497, Skybird wrote:
In post 459, Beer wrote:
In post 457, Skybird wrote:Beer, how would you describe your scum hunting style then? If you think looking at town or scum motivation is silly, what do you look for in determining who is town and who is scum?

No, I think suggesting
everything
must have town
or
scum motivation is silly.

OK, I see. Thanks.

Skybird just leaves it. Was skybird really interested in how beer scumhunts? If so, why not follow up on getting beer to answer that question? Or was skybird just asking it to ask it, and not actually care what the answer to the scumhunting part was?

I don't see any follow-up question to this that's particularly relevant. Did you?

In post 528, Metal Sonic wrote:
Just because something isn't useful for you, doesn't mean that it's useless for me. I'm clarifying a claim that contradicts what was publicly mentioned in the rules about neighborhood mechanics, so fucking pardon me if I was confused and wanted to understand what was going on. Also, what's obvious to you isn't necessarily obvious to everybody else, so go fuck yourself. Especially when you think you're going to lecture me about "helpful", fucking lol..

This could be the first town thing Sonic X has done all game! Hallelujah!

But, the tone here is actually kinda town? I don't remember Sonic pulling this in Nightless, which I think is a shining template of everything that Sonic-scum has in his arsenal.

In post 544, farside22 wrote:
In post 135, Fluminator wrote:My role is pretty cool.
I have less cell service than I though so I doubt I'll be able to post much for the first week. I'll do my best.

Hi. I'm going to give an excuse to be a lurksack in my first post. Please don't notice.

This isn't what was said at all? Why did you randomly misinterpret this? :neutral:
Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:25 am

Post by Trench Warfare »

That's the end of page 22. I should hopefully get more done tonight.

-TSO
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Skybird »

Maxwell, I'm up for an alliance tonight with you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 am

Post by farside22 »

I didn't say post 544, the quotes are messed up, that post was from rational
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:48 am

Post by farside22 »

In reads to fuzzy. He showed absolutely no concern about grapes at all till rational brought the point up.
That is why that shit looks fake
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 801, Trench Warfare wrote:

In post 505, Fro99er wrote:Yeah, skybird simply asks beer how beer scumhunts. This is the exchange
In post 497, Skybird wrote:
In post 459, Beer wrote:
In post 457, Skybird wrote:Beer, how would you describe your scum hunting style then? If you think looking at town or scum motivation is silly, what do you look for in determining who is town and who is scum?

No, I think suggesting
everything
must have town
or
scum motivation is silly.

OK, I see. Thanks.

Skybird just leaves it. Was skybird really interested in how beer scumhunts? If so, why not follow up on getting beer to answer that question? Or was skybird just asking it to ask it, and not actually care what the answer to the scumhunting part was?

I don't see any follow-up question to this that's particularly relevant. Did you?

I'm not sure who you are looking for a follow-up question from? I did response to frogger/Raging Bull in 516.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 797, Bins wrote:
In post 796, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Bins bare-bones response to my question aside (they voted Cage after Cage got a vote.. come on, why is Cage even in this list?), I appreciate grapes trying to get some focus in here.

Bins, do you have anything else to say about NicCage besides that? That vote just screams 'I'm looking for a reason to vote'.

Actually, no.

Bare votes make people squirm more.

See? You're doing it.

A single vote isn't going to make anybody squirm right now, it's too late in the day. That's why I unvoted you, it was brought up that only multiple votes on someone are going to get us anywhere.

And, uh.. my vote wasn't bare. Did you read the post it came from?

Skybird: Cool!
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 807, MaxwellPuckett wrote:A single vote isn't going to make anybody squirm right now, it's too late in the day. That's why I unvoted you, it was brought up that only multiple votes on someone are going to get us anywhere.

And, uh.. my vote wasn't bare. Did you read the post it came from?

I meant my vote was bare. I'm talking about my vote, not yours.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 797, Bins wrote:
In post 796, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Bins bare-bones response to my question aside (they voted Cage after Cage got a vote.. come on, why is Cage even in this list?), I appreciate grapes trying to get some focus in here.

Bins, do you have anything else to say about NicCage besides that? That vote just screams 'I'm looking for a reason to vote'.

Actually, no.

Bare votes make people squirm more.

See? You're doing it.

I thought the 'you're doing it' referred to a bare vote of mine. I see now you were referring to me 'squirming'.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

You guys need to seriously re-assess. Cerberus and I (and others in this game) just came from a game where
everybody lost
because we all made a bad assumption that a certain ability wouldn't be given to scum because it would break the game. Literally nobody won that game after months of play because of lack of thinking through mechanics.

Nobody forced Grapes to make his claim ... he did that all on his own. Anyone who doesn't want to investigate and confirm is just being foolish. Up until now I haven't had a lot to make me think anyone is scummy, but now I need to look who is jumping onto voting us for silly anti-town reasons. If someone makes a claim, it's not anti-town to ask them to confirm what they claim; it is in fact the exact opposite. It's completely town. The town needs information as the uninformed majority.

I have some thoughts about Beer that I shared with Cerb. I'll let him ruminate a bit and decide if my logic makes enough sense to say something today or not.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Love, Drixx
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

My ability so far is confirmed.
Does that make me town or scum in your view rational?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

@rational:
Vezo confirmed his ability, mastin confirmed her lack of vote.
What does that tell you about their alignment and why?
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I'm back, but I'm in a really shitty mood so I don't feel like doing much. Anything interesting or noteworthy happen yet?
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Huh. I got confused about who made post 544. I'm glad it's not you Farside.

Bugger off Reasonable. I'm not lying about my real life so I could lurk. Is that really honestly what you thought I was doing?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:38 pm

In post 812, farside22 wrote:My ability so far is confirmed.
Does that make me town or scum in your view rational?

If roles could be used to determine alignment on day one, then this wouldn't be a very interesting game, would it? Your role, along with other information that will be revealed as the game progresses, and
most importantly
the things you do and say: those things combine to help us determine whether you are scum or town. You are already whatever you are whatever it is. It is to the rest of us to figure that out correctly.

In post 813, farside22 wrote:@rational:
Vezo confirmed his ability, mastin confirmed her lack of vote.
What does that tell you about their alignment and why?

See above. It's information. One cannot think logically on a null foundation. I mentioned above the basics, but you already knew that.

What was the point of these two sarcastic posts from you? Do you really expect us to believe that you don't understand the long term value in having a reliable understanding of how claimed roles work?

In post 815, Fluminator wrote:Bugger off Reasonable. I'm not lying about my real life so I could lurk. Is that really honestly what you thought I was doing?

I'm sorry ... where did we suggest you were lying about anything? The only comment was made by me in response to your first post, way back when I responded to a bunch of early quotes. It is pretty clearly just a snarky wink at you for saying something interesting about your role being cool, and then saying that you had less cell service than expected and would be unable to post much for the first week. There's nothing in #160 (the only post in which we even mentioned you) that questions your word in the least bit.

I mean ... you have 5 posts in nearly 1,000 ... and two of them just happened. I don't see how anyone could really have any real read on you; however, I do have to say that I got a significant bad vibe off the whole "I'm back but I'm in a bad mood and I don't want to play the game I signed up for so can someone else play for me?" post you made with #814 and then the strange stuff in #815. Farside appears to be the person who made post #544 ... so what's with the buddying there?

I would be very interested to see your thoughts on things, especially with what I see in just those two posts.

Love, always,
Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Drixx »

EbWoP: # is the post that Flum appears to be pretending to be offended by, not the #160 I mistakenly put in in the prior post.

Love, still,
Drixx
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:42 pm

In post 817, Drixx wrote:EbWoP: # is the post that Flum appears to be pretending to be offended by, not the #160 I mistakenly put in in the prior post.

Love, still,
Drixx

Bleh. Hydra slipping is apparently really easy to do.

Love, obviously,
Drixx
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Hrm... the [ post ] tag is linking to some other game for some reason. I'm not really sure why.

@Mod - Can you look into that for us?

Love, whilest confused,
Drixx

It's another case of fickle tags;
You only need to put the actual number of the post in your tag. If you write # in the tag, it will bring you to crazy places.
Fixed it for ya. <3
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Fluminator »

That post still rubs me the wrong way, even if you meant it to just be a wink. I was originally upset at Farside because I thought she respected me more than that, but then I read the rest of the page and checked the quote and learned she didn't even say it.

Tell me which part you are most interested in getting my thoughts. It might be helpful to get an entirely fresh perspective on something before I read through the game.
My main thought right now though is I can understand why there's a wagon on you right now.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:32 pm

In post 820, Fluminator wrote:My main thought right now though is I can understand why there's a wagon on you right now.

Keep making posts with lines like this and I'm going to actually have a day one scum read.

3 of the votes on us are because we had the foresight to question the two people who have 2 votes. One of them has a vote which counts twice and the other, I think, can put a single vote on two different people. Grapes seems very reluctant to confirm whether or not he can put both votes on the same player.

If you go look at "We didn't playtest this", you'll understand why we are asking questions of people who are making claims. Neither Cerberus nor myself wish to make a poor assumption and end up with a "Nobody wins; everybody loses" outcome.

The most interesting thing today is what Vezok reported about Beer. Cerberus and I have talked about it quite a bit. I think I'll let him post our thoughts tomorrow. If you want to get into the game, you should read the Beer and Vezok ISOs.

Love, again,
Drixx
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Grapes actually did confirm that they couldn't put both votes on a single person, but they were initially resistant to it, and now seem to regret that they complied with it, to the point that they blamed us for forcing them to expose more of their role than they had to in order to satisfy the question...because putting a single vote on someone and making two posts about something are absolutely forcing them into doing something.

Anyways, I really need to get to sleep, but first, a quick question directed to everyone who left the Beer wagon: Why? I'll be checking in the morning to see what people said at the moment their vote was swapped, but I'd appreciate anyone who'd be kind enough to spare me a bit of searching.

Goodnight all,
Cerb
Show

Trench Warfare
Trench Warfare
Goon
Trench Warfare
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by Trench Warfare »

VOTE: Radmann

You get a sheep wgertz. Don't get too egotistical. We're voting here because the other wagons are by idiots and for idiots. Basically, you win for not being completely and utterly terrible at mafia.

Gee let's lynch the awkward guy (Fuzzy) or the hydra that has a backbone to push unpopular opinions (RR) or the hydra that crappily crumbed (Sonic).

Let's avoid lynching the asshole (Raging), the guy who apparently was bragging about how scummy he was (Beer), Fulminator (the navel gazer who can only say "gee I understand why you're wagoned").

~Titus
TunnelWarriors
TunnelWarriors
Townie
TunnelWarriors
Townie
Townie

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by TunnelWarriors »

You just made an excellent summary of my thoughts besides raging bull. Although that rage is mess and we really don't want it I don't agree with policy lynches of any kind.
As for beer, I'm hesitant to vote him as vezok refuses to paraphrase beer's bad posts. We've asked/demanded he do it multiple times however he still refuses to do so. Just feels weird.

Anyway, Dr. pepper is coming back from a trip to the US and will be joining me soon. In the meanwhile I'll go make a large post yelling at people how RR is town and how sonic isn't scum for the reason he's being pushed for.
~wgeurts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”