Micro 488: Forest Fire - Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:14 am

Post by Gyre and Gimble »

/page 10

wait, this did seriously take 2 hours
I was only looking at the trees, not the forest, and the trees were bad. The forest was also bad.

hitogoroshi/Metal Sonic hydra.
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:14 am

no, it took 1 hour

this is going to suck
I was only looking at the trees, not the forest, and the trees were bad. The forest was also bad.

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:15 am

i read every single word

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:22 am

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:48 am

/20

this is a very healthy game

full of multivitamins and joy and love and all you need for a balanced diet!

the opposite of cancer!

its so healthy im gonna die

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:49 am

i'm on level 5 analysis mode

level 6 includes timestamps analysis

i am not at level 6

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:50 am

i kind of want to play smite

this dramonic is evil. i was tempted to join smite and now he doesnt accept my friend request???? evil. pure evil.

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:07 am

Post by sangres »

thoughts so far?
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 am

all catchup thoughts withheld until i can synch with hito

~all sonic

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:10 am

you can, however, ask me stuff

i will also ask ffery why she isnt joining PIEGUY'S SAKI MAFIA

YOU GUYS SHOULD JOIN

what a fun playerlist

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:15 am

Post by sangres »

this is ffery.

When you hydra do you usually synch before posting analysis?

I'm pre-inned to a game that's going to start soon, and I can't handle lots of simultaneous games right now, so I'm exercising draconian self-control and not looking at queues right now.
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:29 am

no

this is my first game in a hydra with hito

in fact,
this is the first game that i'm PLAYING with hito.

i have never played in a game with hito before. if i did, i don't remember.

only played the games he mods. he is one of my idols. he modded my 2nd game on the site and it was very very well done

AND

this playerlist is one of the best, most pristine ever. it is the best playerlist i have ever seen in mafiascum, especially when yuriko (conveniently scum) was exhumed. even better than team mafia

so yes, i am going to take this game seriously. we want to perfect win. at least i do.

sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:35 am

Post by sangres »

This is my first game with hito as a player, too. I adore his game designs.
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:36 am

*hugs ffery*

Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:39 am

In post 1486, Gyre and Gimble wrote:this playerlist is one of the best, most pristine ever. it is the best playerlist i have ever seen in mafiascum, especially when yuriko (conveniently scum) was exhumed. even better than team mafia

ok this sounded a little mean to yuriko

let me make up for that with a compliment:

"you have a pretty avatar"

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Tammy »

I'm finally catching up. I had a busier weekend than I thight I would and played marathons last night while drinking. So, the reread I planned to start yesterday will actually begin today.

I'm liking pies stuff in these pages I'm reading as well as her declaration that she can read metal sonic 100% so this will be ex mode. Anyway, what I'm seeing is the type of analysis I look for in pies play, so I'm starting to feel a bit settled there.

I'll keep her ss stuff in mind when I stsrt rereading.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

In post 1490, Tammy wrote:I'm finally catching up. I had a busier weekend than I thight I would and played marathons last night while drinking. So, the reread I planned to start yesterday will actually begin today.

I'm liking pies stuff in these pages I'm reading as well as her declaration that she can read metal sonic 100% so this will be ex mode. Anyway, what I'm seeing is the type of analysis I look for in pies play, so I'm starting to feel a bit settled there.

I'll keep her ss stuff in mind when I stsrt rereading.

Yep.
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

The thing is that the game does make a lot more sense if soft spoken is scum here. It would explain why we're all looking at each other going you just don't look like scum but one of you has to be and still coming up short. I mean sure one of us could be playing a break out scum game, but does it really feel that way?

Still interested on gg's thoights and pies read there, but if they're not scum maybe the meta circle is all town after all?
Gold Saucer
Gold Saucer
Goon
Gold Saucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Gold Saucer »

Okay fully caught up.

Fiery I still need to respond to your post but I have a terrible headache and don't want to respond on my iPad, so I will later.

I'll start rereading on and off today.
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:26 am

Post by sangres »

In post 1493, Gold Saucer wrote:Fiery I still need to respond to your post but I have a terrible headache and don't want to respond on my iPad, so I will later.

No need to respond, uinless you have questions for me about it.
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:55 am

Sneaking on a little bit at work.

In post 1485, sangres wrote:this is ffery.

When you hydra do you usually synch before posting analysis?

I'm pre-inned to a game that's going to start soon, and I can't handle lots of simultaneous games right now, so I'm exercising draconian self-control and not looking at queues right now.

I've only done two hydrae before this one. In Copper, we tended to just mind-meld and gave each other authority to unilaterally do stuff. It worked because we were very similar in thoughts and tone (we were actually confused as a one-person posts hydra because we were so consistent.) As Twilight Sparkle, it was sort of a wild west punctuated with occasionally live-chat catchups.

Metal and I would like to live catch up but the time zone thing is quite rough for that. Ultimately, I'm not that concerned about avoiding hydra dissonance; if pie has an easy time reading Metal, I'd much rather let him loose than have him making fewer posts or non-transparent posts in the interests of hydra unity. This is doubly true given how town-sided our situation is - fundamentally if we just don't get mislynched, we're already exerting a ton of pressure for our slot, with catching scum being just a bonus. Obviously it's best if we can come to a beautiful accord ASAP, but the most important thing is allowing Metal to post naturally and be easily townread.

Anyway, Metal as primary driving force was sort of the reason I wanted to make the hydra - I think Metal does a really good job putting effort in and finding stuff, whereas he can use help with editorial restraint and mechanics knowledge. So mostly I'm looking at the large number of posts that ping his hyperactive scumdar/towndar (good to make sure you don't miss anything) and lending additional weight to posts that trigger my hypoactive scumdar (good to condense into a single action plan).

Pie is pretty obviously town; I have no quarrels with that read. Conflicted on Rancid Broderick Drake. He has a lot of hallmarks of bussing; early vote on the scumbuddy while the active pushes are outside of Yuriko. Notice how Drake is very passionately involved in the non-Yuriko arguements, while hardly mentioning Yuriko, and yet his vote doesn't move off of her all day.

Also, look at all those hot attempts to get off of Yuriko:

In post 434, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
Also Jasmine is kkkkkkkk newb maybe? Someone talk to me, I want company until Tel wakes up tonight.

In post 462, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 458, sangres wrote:
My strong-town list: goldsaucer, pieguy, gb
My nulltown list: bbmolla, quillford (nacho would put Yuriko here too, I think)

YES: Pieguy, you
EH SURE WHY NOT: Saucer, Yuriko(mostly for newbtells and stuff)
NO: demon regfan hydra thing(<3 empire)?

This will prob tighten up over interactions.

In post 465, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:bork is showing me up consistently and I feel like reviewing so many games together has given us two a good ebb-flow to it, while Yuriko is only really there for newbtell stuff.

Or trying to get the town-at-large to disarm the wagon:

In post 117, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 106, pieguyn wrote:Yuriko might be town for .

What did you like about 102?

-Nati?

And hey, here's a
really
gross thing:

In post 471, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
In post 468, Gold Saucer wrote:
In post 464, BBmolla wrote:I think Yuriko doing setup spec is unlikely as a normal tree
(she specifically named Arsonists by name
). Hence the Firefighter/Arsonist thoughts and I still stand by it. I think she's probably scum who is scared of the playerlist and hiding behind setup spec.

Underlined: not a bad point at all and not something I was considering when I made my gutshot at her forever ago

-b

I will grant this is a very solid point. Also, I just realized we will all be here, and alive tomorrow. Oh dear.

"I will grant" is ten million percent not the verbiage you use when someone has a scumtell on the person YOU'RE VOTING.

Wow hito, you said conflicted but that case seems kind of one-sided. Well, fundamentally, it's a 2 player scumteam without daytalk to plan a sacrifice play; it's just so, so rough to do a D1 bus. Y'know? But if ever someone was going to bus D1 on this setup, this is what it'd look like. It's pinging metals gut bad and I don't like it either.

Metal, you can vote Drake if you think someone would bus here. I'm still torn from a Bayesian perspective - the fact that this really, really looks like a bus play doesn't change the low prior probability for busing in general.

Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

Hito, how much of this thread have you read up to now?
Gyre and Gimble
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Gyre and Gimble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 am

Metal posted a bunch of quick reactions to the thread through page 20; I skimmed through those and then I bounced through Drake's ISO because I was sniffing out the vote/passion disconnect.

So I've read through a lot of things pertaining to Drake and Yuirko but only in the first ~third of the game for everything else.

Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:11 am

Man, Quilford's replace out looks pretty town (and I think Regfan agreed with this but I need to check the logs).

Honestly, the fact that pieguyn is still actually efforting and keeping up that high level of effort despite Yuriko getting wrecked makes me think it might not be her either, despite all the issues I still have with her play.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:32 am

In post 1470, Gold Saucer wrote:I still don't get the whole put words into her mouth because I do think that it would be something preplay but it's kinda moot now. Yes, I realize this is kinda worthless, but here you go.

For the record, I said the exact same thing to Regfan when he brought it up to me a while back and that I felt it was just a side effect of bork's careful, thorough approach to the game. But I didn't really care about him posting it in the thread because he's better than me at this game (especially now) and I prioritize his ability to get/strengthen reads over my own.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”