Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Glork »

That seems the most likely scenario, IMO.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by PJ. »

is nozdurmu safe to disenchant?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

yis
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I got a Sylvanas and a Dr. Boom. Are those good?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

yis
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Strong work, young one.

/drunkpost
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 2078, Sudo_Nym wrote:I got a Sylvanas and a Dr. Boom. Are those good?

Arguably the two best cards in the game, in fact.
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Post by Count Dooku »

In post 2078, Sudo_Nym wrote:I got a Sylvanas and a Dr. Boom. Are those good?

Neverlucky lelel
Get to Know a Sith Lord
Officially the worst mafioso ever.
RIP Sir Christopher Lee
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by Glork »

I secretly hope Sylvanas gets nerfed so I can DE my golden card and make TWO legendaries.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hearthstone is a stupid game and I hate it. Played half a dozen games of my Face Hunter deck in a row, didn't have a 1-drop on turn 1, a 2-drop on turn 2, a 3-drop on turn 3, or a 4-drop on turn 4 in any of them. Either this is atypical, or a better player than me can turn a handful of quickshots and glaivezookas into a win.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Glork »

I'm pretty sure it's mathematically impossible to not have any drops on their appropriate turns with face hunter, so I don't really get what you're saying here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:02 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm not actually playing Face Hunter, it's more like Hybrid Hunter. And I'm getting cards to play, but only the spells (Quick Shot, Unleash the Hounds), not the creatures; I try mulliganing for creatures, but I'm not drawing them on time. Mostly I'm just bitching at a bad night at Hearthstone because I'm a whiny baby.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:47 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2086, Sudo_Nym wrote:I'm not actually playing Face Hunter, it's more like Hybrid Hunter.

Hybrid hunter is just face hunter except with a Savannah Highmane in the flex spot.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In other news, evidently there is a moderately sized Hearthstone event going on tomorrow at 3pm about 25 mins walk from my work. I've been to the venue before and its pretty nice. I really want to go but I'm going to Vegas for the weekend anyways and I can't leave work that early. Ugh.

Edit 1:Oh shit its next week not this week. Damn I might go then!

Edit 2: And it starts at 2:30, door opens at 2:00.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19822386/
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've been playing Control Priest lately; been enjoying it. Had a Warlock player and a Hunter player scoop to a 3rd turn Deathlord. Been using this:

Circle of Healing x2
Light of the Naaru
Power Word: Shield x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Shadow Word: Pain
Shrinkmeister x2
Wild Pyromancer x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Thoughtsteal x2
Deathlord x2
Injured Blademaster x2
Shadow Madness x2
Auchenai Soulpriest x2
Holy Nova
Sludge Belcher x2
Cabal Shadow Priest
Sylvanas
Dr. Boom

Basically, the goal is to play board control early, using Wild Pyromancer and Injured Blademaster, draw card with Northshire, and eventually take over the board with Achenai Soulpriest killing stuff. The ability to heal up my guys after trades so they stay on the board later has been working really nice.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Glork »

Control priest is surprisingly fun. But it's unfun to play against sometimes.

Also sorry I skipped out on you watching me play Patron the other day. I had to go :(
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It's cool. I have a habit of looking over people's shoulders while they play. I've found that some combination of watching and playing has been the most helpful at improving.

I'd been playing Patron Warrior, but having trouble with it; partly, I think it's because people are coming prepared for it now, and partly because my reflexes aren't fast enough to get all my attacks in after the animations chew up my timer. I tried playing a few Hunter variants, but couldn't get the hang of it. Now I'm playing Control Priest; it took some time to get used to it, since Control Priest tends to be a bit more passive in the early game than Hunter or Warrior are, but now that I've got a handle, I've been laddering pretty decently.

I'm curious whether Recombobulator, Lightbomb, or Ysera are worth playing, though. Recomb works well with Shadow Madness, since you then get to keep the new character permanently, and Lightbomb deals with Dr. Boom a lot better than Holy Nova. Ysera would also be a late game threat, since my curve tops out at Dr. Boom. I hadn't though having a bigger threat would be necessary, but I played a Control Priest mirror last night that came down to fatigue, and being able to close those sorts of games out would be nice.

That said, nobody ever seems to expect a Priest to be able to handle a 4-attack minion; stealing Yseras and Piloted Shredders with Shrinkmeister+Cabal Shadow Priest has been super nice. And Shadow Madnessing to kill two guys has been really nice, too. Wish I had more consistent card draw, at times, since I can't always count on Northshire.

If I had more money/dust, I'd be trying to be Control Warrior together next.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:47 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I've been playing Shockadin (Rush Pally) over the past few days.

Its not the most viable deck, but its pretty damn fun. Decklist has been a little volatile, but currently at:

2x Leper Gnome
2x Argent Squire
2x Blessing of Might
2x Abusive Sergeant
1x Redemption
1x Avenge

2x Mad Scientist
2x Shieldbot
2x Haunted Spider
2x Knife Juggler
1x Equality

2x Coghammer
2x Muster the Dudes
2x Divine Favor
1x Bloodknight

2x Consecrate
2x Truevalue Champion

--

I really like Pally secrets so I've been trying to fit them in somehow. The main issue is that things like Redemption have pretty good synergy with Shieldbot but awful synergy with Muster. Avenge is ok but often is only marginal value when you draw it and never has a huge amount of staying power once activated. Redemption doesn't do well with Scientist if you only run a couple secrets, nor does it do well with Sacrifice if you are running that.

The main restrictive thing in this list is the double divine favor which strongly encourages low cost cards. The main idea is to just flood the board with small things and refill your hand with a Favor and finish your opponent off before you run out of cards. I really want to experiment with Kezan, Defender of Argus, Shredder, and a couple other things. I may try swapping out Favor for Blessing of Wisdom and/or Vigil and try a more mid-range list, but I don't want to fall into the standard Pally midrange play which I fine a bit boring. Also, you can just youtube search for "Trump midrange Pally" on how to do that.

Techs / one of's: Bloodknight is hilarious and I have no regrets about running one. Its a flatout game winner sometimes if your opponent opens with an annoy-o-tron or shieldbot. Equality is pretty strong in some situations and completely useless in others. I was running 2 for a while but its really bad when you get stuck with 2 of them early on when you don't need them. Still its a great card, combos with Consecrate, and is the best removal I have for things like taunted molten giants.

I was surprised to see that Midrange lists don't auto-include coghammer. I think the reason for this is that there are already 4 weapons inside muster/champion that need the slot more. Coghammer is really strong though and I find it very helpful against face hunters in particular. Gives another shield option for blood knight and forces people to trigger my secrets instead of just hitting face. Reasonable amount of damage on it for just hitting face as well. I wasn't running Muster at first, but decided that the Juggle + muster combo is too good and Muster is pretty high value on its own anyways even if it messes with the value of redemption.

--

Warrior is a terrible matchup for this deck regardless of what type. Face hunter is a little dependent on their draws, If they get explosive traps out, its going to suck, but otherwise this deck can curb their aggression and maintain the board enough to win pretty handily. Zoolock/Demonlock is a pretty bad matchup. They tend to get more value out of their cards, oftentimes don't have a big enough hand for good Favor plays, and prevent you from hitting face hard with things like DoA and voidcaller. Control/Hand Warlock is an amazing matchup though and I won pretty much all of those. They are too slow to deal with the early sticky aggression. Even if they start dropping Hellfires and Belchers, its too little to late if you have a good start.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I like the idea of Paladin, since I like the hero power, but I'm not sure if it's possible to build a viable Paladin deck without Muster for Battle; it seems like such an important tempo card for basically any type of Paladin.

It also strikes me as weird that Paladins get a lot of secrets, but the Rogue doesn't get any secrets at all. What's up with that?
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

I'm probably going to be making a couple videos tonight - the first will be trying to complete 2 special challenges (1. Win a game with Rogue without any cards with the combo mechanic, and 2. Summon a Shadow of Nothing (bonus points for delivering lethal with it), and the second will be laddering with Patron.

I have some but not a lot of experience with Patron, so I'd appreciate any feedback on my play if anyone can give it! On the opposite end, anyone looking to learn Patron might also benefit from either my play or the critiques of it.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:16 pm

Post by AGar »

Well so far Deathlord Hunter has been a total 50/50. But I got to animation freeze a player out of properly attacking, and then went Deathlord -> Knife Juggler -> Snake Trap -> Snake Trap getting triggered (insert animation freezing the guy out of attacking here) -> Unleash -> suiciding Haunted Spectral against a Zoolock, so that was fantastic.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I was there, can confirm it was awesome.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

How do I zoolock?
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 2097, Sudo_Nym wrote:How do I zoolock?

Which kind, Demon or regular?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Regular; I don't have Mal'Ganis et al yet.

Return to “The Arcade”