Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:28 am

Post by Micc »

Did you notice that notscience came out and was saying "I will vote myself, we just need a lynch" but wouldnt move her vote to joram when he was hammerable?

This is more interesting to me than the cop stuff tbh. I got to look back but i feel like you're misrepresenting either the timeline or what people actually said in regards to cops.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:32 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 525, Micc wrote:
Did you notice that notscience came out and was saying "I will vote myself, we just need a lynch" but wouldnt move her vote to joram when he was hammerable?

This is more interesting to me than the cop stuff tbh. I got to look back but i feel like you're misrepresenting either the timeline or what people actually said in regards to cops.

Idk, thats the way i interpreted it, Overall though I think he looks super suspicious, He also wont justify his reasons for voting.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:16 am

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

VOTE: notscience He was my top scum suspect at the end of day 1 and now he looks very bad for pushing the Stoz lynch. I also did not like this distancing post from Bulbazoor:
Ughhhhh.. I want notscience now! For suggesting to selfhammer in a suboptimal situation to do so. You could have hammered joram if you wanted a lynch. I townread him. But you still could have if you wanted a lynch so badly.

In post 512, Thespio wrote:Joram will die today,

Is that such a foregone conclusion? I thought most people were reading him as town at this point.

In post 514, Micc wrote:Ya forgot Stubbs.

Its probably because he's spent the whole game blending in, being forgettable, and not doing anything.

Yea he was conspicuously absent during the lynch proceedings.

In post 521, Bulbazoor wrote:I think espio is taking this too far with the cop. There may or may not be one as far as I know.

Yea I agree, this cop speculation can easily turn into distracting conjecture. Are we assuming that the mafia sent in a kill last night though? If so, that means there's only one possible setup that would allow for the cop (if I'm reading the setup matrix correctly). Would the mafia have any reason for electing to not kill somebody? Seems unlikely to me.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2.2
Unsocial Networking

notscience
(2): Thespio, HenryCabotLodge
StubbsKVM
(1): Micc

Not Voting
(5): JoramvanVugt, Bulbazoor, StubbsKVM, notscience, Akuseru

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: August 5, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-08-04 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Thespio »

what does the quote in the pic above even mean?
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Akuseru »

From the way they play/post, I can see why thespio and HCL find notscience suspicious. However, I don't get why Micc and Bulbazoor would find notscience's posts/push for lynch near the end of day interesting or deserving of a lynch, respectively. I think I might be seeing some subtle scum painting.

In post 504, Bulbazoor wrote:Ughhhhh.. I want notscience now! For suggesting to selfhammer in a suboptimal situation to do so. You could have hammered joram if you wanted a lynch. I townread him. But you still could have if you wanted a lynch so badly.

You know very well that notscience made it clear that he wanted a lynch D1, but it couldn't be Joram (his dislike for a Joram lynch was stressed a number of times).

@Micc and Bulbazoor: What about notscience's posts or actions do you have a problem with or find interesting enough to point out, and how exactly would that relate to a scum alignment?

FOS on Bulbazoor and Micc
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Thespio »

@Akuseru, so what do you think about Joram?
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:17 am

Post by Akuseru »

In post 531, Thespio wrote:@Akuseru, so what do you think about Joram?

Null.

Observations: Talkative when he's on the chopping block and disappears again once the coast is clear.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 532, Akuseru wrote:
In post 531, Thespio wrote:@Akuseru, so what do you think about Joram?

Null.

Observations: Talkative when he's on the chopping block and disappears again once the coast is clear.

What do you think about his deception?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Micc »

In post 530, Akuseru wrote:
@Micc and Bulbazoor: What about notscience's posts or actions do you have a problem with or find interesting enough to point out, and how exactly would that relate to a scum alignment?

His refusal to vote Joram, but willingness to self vote just for a lynch hours later is something I want to look in to. Its not really alignment indicative, but I do know notscience has pulled the "lynch me please" attitude off successfully as scum before. As far as everything else goes, he's on my radar because im not feeling the town tells like i am for other players.
FOS on ... Micc

For what exactly?
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Akuseru »

In post 534, Micc wrote:For what exactly?

Like I said, I thought there might be a chance of you trying to scum paint him (Mainly because I saw that attempt to self-hammer in that situation as more town than mafia).

Micc wrote:
but I do know notscience has pulled the "lynch me please" attitude off successfully as scum before.

I'm satisfied with this answer and, if what you say is true, then I can understand why you'd want to look into.

In post 533, Thespio wrote:What do you think about his deception?

The intentional misrepresentation of his experience? I'm not sure what to make of it yet.
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:08 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

In post 522, Thespio wrote:
In post 520, Akuseru wrote:I count 3 setups (ie: doctor, jailkeeper, or bulletproof) - assuming one mafia MUST submit a kill every night.

Thespio, you're all over the place @_@

should i just tunnel one person and lych a townie like stoz, who we had no reason to lynch but bulba and notscience tunneled so you played along?

First you accuse Joram for speculating a cop (btw, out of everyone in this game, you're the most fixated on the cop, thespio.), then bulba for trying to out the cop, then bubla and notscience working together to out the cop, and now just notscience because they first pointed out the cop.

Actually notscience was the one to speculate such, however if joram is just bad at this its possible he didnt know that there was a possiblity that there may not be a cop. I accused bulba of acting suspicious by supporting the Stoz lynch but as i said his move of his vote while notscience wouldnt tells me all i need to know.

Did you notice that notscience came out and was saying "I will vote myself, we just need a lynch" but wouldnt move her vote to joram when he was hammerable? If notscience is scum and suspect that there be a cop would need joram alive so a cop could confirm town, this leads into my theory on her trying to get the cop to reveal.

Make up your mind please.

Better that I adapt with the game and constantly evaluate people then ignore everyone, right?

I didnt know there were different setups i thought newbie games had 1 setup and it always involved a cop. Sorry my bad

VOTE: NotScience
My vote was on you yesterday, thank you for defending me yesterday, it was probably the reason i didnt get lynched but i still think you are scum
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 536, JoramvanVugt wrote:I didnt know there were different setups i thought newbie games had 1 setup and it always involved a cop. Sorry my bad

I figured, which is why i was suspicious that Notscience pointed out you basically confirmed there was a cop, yet didnt vote you once you asked for an investigation. I figured this was because he wanted the cop to reveal himself.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Thespio »

I actually think we may be playing a Jailkeep/RB/1 Shot, justa gut feeling...
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:53 am

Post by Micc »

What are you trying to accomplish by openly speculating about setups at this point?

(Knock it off)
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Thespio »

I just am, does it matter, probs isnt right.

Micc, do you think Notscience is suspicious? if so, why havent u voted him?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Micc »

In post 540, Thespio wrote:does it matter

It might.
Its considered bad play to speculate about setup stuff in the early game. Talking about it give the mafia information they can use to maybe narrow down where and what the PR's are. Not talking about it gives them nothing.

So unless there are claims out there, random speculation is considered bad play.

In post 540, Thespio wrote:I just am, does it matter, probs isnt right.

Micc, do you think Notscience is suspicious? if so, why havent u voted him?

yeah, you're all suspicions. im not voting NS because I think Stubbs is more scummy.
HenryCabotLodge
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
HenryCabotLodge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:15 am

Post by HenryCabotLodge »

I agree on not speculating too much about the lineup. It seems like a convenient pretext for scum to push for claims.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:48 am

Post by notscience »

In post 504, Bulbazoor wrote:Ughhhhh.. I want notscience now! For suggesting to selfhammer in a suboptimal situation to do so. You could have hammered joram if you wanted a lynch. I townread him. But you still could have if you wanted a lynch so badly.

There were two hours left to go and noone was posting, whereas before we had 12 and people were. They are two ENTIRELY different situations, if I had anticipated it coming that close I would have likely hammered. I don't trust people who aren't posting to get a lynch in, and if I could get just *one* person here, I would have been able to get a lynch in day one regardless of the wagon.
In post 512, Thespio wrote:I think we need to look at notsciences behavior, Joram will die today, but I dont like how he suggested there might be a cop based off of jorams post, then when i told the cop not to reveal themselves that he came out and said the cop should do whatever they want, implying he wants the cop to reveal.

At the end of yesterday i was pretty sure that joram was pulling a "Investigate me" so that a newbie cop would tell everyone that he was guilty, In doing so the cop would be killed by mafia that night. Notscience pushed really hard for stoz's lynch, this makes me think that he was supporting a NL or a Sotz lynch BUT if joram died the mafia would lose this opportunity to catch the cop.

At first i suspected Bulba BUT bulba swapped to joram, then notscience refused.

Ultimately we lynched stoz for little to no reason on the backs of notscience and bulba.

This is my Lynch list;
Joram>notsciecne>Bulba>Aku>Micc/Hcl

This is bullshit. I said they should do their own thing when you told them to investigate bulba. Why the fuck would I tell them to claim AS SCUM? I'm saying the cop should ALWAYS do what they want unless there is an obvious target and not just vindictive town.
In post 525, Micc wrote:

It's a matter of the timeline. When I got out of work there were 2 votes needed to lynch joram and 1 to lynch me, I had anticipated you all actually lynching before I got off work. I get off and see people hadn't posted in a few hours and deadline is looming, and I know town needs a lynch. Had I known that people were going to stop posting and be voting suboptimal wagons before going to sleep (joram) I wouldn't have needed to.

Also, lol L-2.

Yawn.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:49 am

Post by notscience »

Micc, here's the difference between when I make that claim versus what I do- I make that claim as scum when I just don't give a fuck. When the game is annoying as shit, I hate my alignment, etc. I made it here AS TOWN because we need a lynch day one, noone had posted in hours, someone who should have been on the main competing wagon decided to go to bed with his vote off the wagon, and I was worried we'd even be able to get a lynch off.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:52 am

Post by notscience »

Also, the scum vote on my wagon is likely HCL, for those looking tomorrow.

Scum's in HCL/Stubbs/Bulba.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:55 am

Post by notscience »

That being said, if it gets to a few days and no other wagon pops up, I expect you to hammer it Micc.

No letting today go until the last 2 hours.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Micc »

yeah im still trying to figure you out. im not convinced looking at that deadline stuff is the best way to do it either, which is mostly why I haven't bothered to go look.

instead lets talk stubbs and bulba. they are both in my top three as well. Whats your reasoning behind bulba?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by notscience »

It's moreso from a PoE aspect.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Micc »

hey that's how I feel about you...and kind of bulbazoor too but less so.

wanna join me on Stubbs?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”