Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 723, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It has been explained that looking at my predecessor achieves nothing. You clearly cannot see this.

I dont think you can even swing his posts as town. Thus your slot is scum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:18 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Thespio, I don't need to convince you that your buddy is scum.

I just need town to see it.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2.4
Unsocial Networking

notscience
(4): HenryCabotLodge, JoramvanVugt, Bulbazoor, BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
(2): Micc, Thespio
Bulbazoor
(1): Akuseru

Not Voting
(1): notscience

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: August 5, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-08-04 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

notscience is v/la until July 31
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 726, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Thespio, I don't need to convince you that your buddy is scum.

And you will do that by bullying me into voting? refusing to look over and show how anything stubbs has said represents town, and by voting notscience without supporting your vote? good luck, im pretty sure anyone with a brain will do this:

1) Declared Thespio to be his biggest scum read
2) Didnt vote for him because no one else is
3) Voted the most popular wagon without support beyond "Wow your dumb, you must not have read my recap" when in truth your recap doesnt explain why you think he is scum past post 100, and we are in the 600+ and when questioned about why you thought he was guilty you claimed to know he was up to something but wouldn't state what...
4) Began bullying another person into making a hasty hammer that doesn't make sense...
5) when questioned about looking at their counterpart to explain what town motivation/scum motivation was behind it, simply brushed it off and said "It wont matter".
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:40 am

You can vote when you're ready. I was simply asking you to repeat an earlier action that you seemed set on.

My vote is fully supported.

1) Agreed. You're my biggest scum read.
2) Partially correct. Didn't vote for you because one of my other scum reads had a bigger wagon and I don't particularly care which of you gets lynched first.
3) I don't believe I called you dumb, if you quote it, I will apologize. My vote is fully supported, this can be found in my catch up.
4) The hammer made a lot of sense. Unless you don't want to lynch scum? You were happy to vote NS earlier, I thought you would have been happy to hammer him.
5) Correct, it would not matter one iota what my comments on my predecessor are because they are inherently biased and provide no information.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Thespio »

Why are you rushing the day, we have 11 days left... And once again, proof by assertion, you haven't told us what in your summary justifies your vote.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:43 am

That's because I have just finished catching up and I really don't feel like repeating myself after reading near 30 pages in a short space of time when the information is right there for anyone who cares to look for it.

I'm rushing the day because I want to lynch scum. Why are you refraining from hammering NS?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:45 am

Post by Thespio »

No its because you dont have any justification, and you are rushing the day because you dont want us to get better reads on you...

And im refraining because he is town and you are scum. BAM, why arent you voting me, you claimed i was the biggest scum read for you.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:49 am

I have explained why I'm not voting you.

Are you reading?

I mean, you don't answer any of my questions and you didn't respond to a single accusation in my catch up. Why is that?
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:50 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

In post 726, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Thespio, I don't need to convince you that your buddy is scum.

Thats what ive been saying since day 1. Thespio and Notscience are my top 2 scum reads in this game, but nobody believes me.
I was right with my Stoz read.

Lets lynch NotScience, if im right on my NS = Scum read can we then trust me and proceed with the lynching of Thespio?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 733, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I mean, you don't answer any of my questions and you didn't respond to a single accusation in my catch up. Why is that?

gosh, you are infuriating, what question have i not answered?

Where did you justify your vote?

Why are you in a rush to end the day, if we know NS is scum then why not get more content from everyone then end the day?

Fail to answer/provide details to support your answer in anyway and i will go oggline and leave my vote on you until micc /aku gets on and posts.

@Joram, your off base here, he is trying to appeal to you because he thinks he can manipulate you, look at what he has posted and his support for NS lynch.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Thespio »

Wow i butchered that last post:

gosh, you are infuriating, what question have i not answered?

Where did you justify your vote?

Why are you in a rush to end the day, if we know NS is scum then why not get more content from everyone then end the day?

Fail to answer/provide details to support your answer in any way and i will go offline and leave my vote on you until micc /aku gets on and posts.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:01 am

I aimed plenty of accusations at you in my catch up, or did you miss those as well?

I justified my vote in my catch up.

I want to lynch scum.

Can you quote where I am appealing to Joram please?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:08 am

Post by Thespio »

Alright Im going offline, I asked you for support and you again asserted you had done stuff. Unfortunately assertions dont support your arguments.

I will answer this though:

In post 737, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Can you quote where I am appealing to Joram please?

To appeal you dont need to say "Hey do this i am appealing to you", its very clear that Joram has stated he thought NS and I were scum, mostly through OMGUS, but it doesnt matter, because you came out and began focusing me once you hit the point in your reads where I turned on Joram. This shows you read that he thought I was suspicious, and instead of continuing on as normal you changed your reads to fit your purpose. You then assert that NS is scum without provocation, and that I am to because I didnt support Stoz's lynch? and was borderline about to but decided against it. You are appealing by trying to show the same oppinion, because at this point we arent in lylo, scum cant vote someone up with the help of one other, however if you got joram to relate to you then you could get him to be your third vote. Essentially allowing for instant lynching later on. IDK if HCL is scum, and i doubt it, but im 99% sure you are. You wont defend your counterpart, you wont even try, you are trying to bully my vote, and I wont do it, so ttyl when someone else who isnt you is on posting ;)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:10 am

Cool.

When you get back, can you answer my accusations aimed at you during my catch up?

Thanks.
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:59 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

Im going to bed.
Tomorrow early morning i leave for my holiday.

If i havent posted in 48 hours after this post you can replace me because it will mean there is no/really crappy internet there and i will not be able to continue this game
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Akuseru »

Spoiler: Responses to some of bbt's comments, not really important
In post 650, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Small note on the wording - 'guess' implies he knows Jorma to be town. Scum don't guess, they know.

They were discussing NS's reasoning, not alignment.

In post 651, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:74 - Aku, why would you excuse any sort of scum slip? Surely by pressuring the people who you think slipped this helps you to determine whether they are newbtown or it was a genuine scum slip, no?

People are all over the place in voting, my single vote wouldn't do much (imo), so I resorted to questioning. Is that bad? Oh well, hopefully after more games I'll figure out which play is more efficient for me.

In post 651, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:In post 99, Thespio wrote:
3: this is an indicator, if someone is constantly swapping views then they are hurting town, and look scummy to me.

Disagree. Scum are much less likely to consistently swap views/change opinions - it draws too much attention on themselves. Scum try to stay consistent and say and do the right things to avoid unwanted attention.

I find this funny, because one of that's one of the contributing reasons why I think thespio is town. His criteria for scum can be used to describe himself. It's this absurd mindset and play that have me doubt thespio could be mafia.

I would still feel better with a bulbazoor lynch.

In post 661, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:215 - More explanation from Bulba for why he is vote parking on Stoz. This is making me feel really uneasy, he is skating by generally unnoticed as he isn't engaging many other people and instead is sitting on Stoz.

Weird right? Note, we're onto our next day and he still hasn't made any attempts to hunt scum. Now he's just parked on NS.

In post 657, HenryCabotLodge wrote:But the thing that bothers me about it now that I'm reading it again is the fact that bulbazoor seems to think it would be somehow less scummy for notscience to hammer someone both he and notscience read as town over Stoz, someone they both agreed was scummy.
I'm having trouble understanding the reasoning behind that one. I get the opposition to the self-hammer, but I don't know how lynching someone you both mutually read as town would be more desirable.

Exactly, and he doesn't care to explain it either.

In post 657, HenryCabotLodge wrote:Despite this, his suspicion of notscience doesn't seem forced to me today.

Explain. I understand why someone might want to vote for NS, but why does bublazoor want to vote for NS?

A comment on thespio's post where he mentions NS:

In post 732, Thespio wrote:And im refraining because he is town and you are scum.

How do you know that thespio? First you were sure he was scum, then you we're conflicted between him and bulba, and now he's definitely town? Smh
I really hope you're not scum. I keep excusing you because I keep thinking "It's just thespio being thespio". You're consistent with your inconsistency (votes, reads, opinions etc), if that makes any sense. You're everything I'd imagine scum would try to avoid being.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

Jora. Is still town. I do not care for a change that the bbt slot is hardcore scumreading joram. bBT has been towning it up, so I can not sort the slot out well for now. It has come back to a null read. But I will keep my eyes on you! Aku, why the hell do you only read into me and not notscience? I feel like you are letting her slip by too easily.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Akuseru »

In post 742, Bulbazoor wrote:Aku, why the hell do you only read into me and not notscience? I feel like you are letting her slip by too easily.

I'm not looking into him (dem drill tails~) right now. I want answers from you and then I'll move on, promise.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Akuseru »

@Bulbazoor, If bbt slot is now down to null who's comes next in your reads after notscience and why?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Thespio »

In post 741, Akuseru wrote:How do you know that thespio? First you were sure he was scum, then you we're conflicted between him and bulba, and now he's definitely town? Smh
I really hope you're not scum. I keep excusing you because I keep thinking "It's just thespio being thespio". You're consistent with your inconsistency (votes, reads, opinions etc), if that makes any sense. You're everything I'd imagine scum would try to avoid being.

Ultimately, I am playing in several other games on other sites, none of which i will link, purely because i keep my internet identities separate,although this name will link to the other if you dig back. While playing in the other games I have begun to realise what I need to look for and thus my reads fluctuate a bit. I believe he is town simply because there is nothing to contradict, and i feel he has been pro town to a point.He explained that he was looking for a lynch in the end and offered himself up When time ran short because he simply wanted a lynch to increase odds.

Blue on the other hand will not justify himself and when questioned refers to something that i dont see even exists, and when questioned further shuts down all convo and simply says "you must not have read my recap". All I want from him is justification and ultimately him to tell us what he read Stubbs actions as, at this point it is to late though. If he had said "Stubbs was scummy" I would have thought he was pro town, However he wont even try. Bulba Im still eh, on, I think its odd blue brought him up as likely scum, And NS, but is only pushing NS. ITs literally ad populum. He is voting where the bandwagon is, and were it will likely go. But he hasnt made any push towards bulba...
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Akuseru »

In post 745, Thespio wrote:If he had said "Stubbs was scummy" I would have thought he was pro town

Why would saying "stubbs was scummy" be pro-town? It's not.

Anyways, I guess what you want is for bbt to look at stubbs from an "objective" point of view and point out/acknowledge any issues in stubbs posts (like he did many of us in this thread), and if any of those issues align with your (thespio's) image/thoughts of stubbs you would see bbt in a more towny light? As bbt already mentioned, whatever he says about his slot would be bias and useless to us - he can say something negative about stubbs, and it might look like he's just trying to appeal to those scum reading his slot before. He could say something positive and it can be construed into him trying to make his slot look better.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:11 am

Post by Micc »

Been a busy couple days. Reading and posting late tonight.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Sorry for the language. I def beliege that other scum besides not are in stubbs, espio, or hcl
I just do not feel strongly for hcl as scum. So its theespio as my second option.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Akuseru »

Why thespio?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”