The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:23 am

Post by The Blue Blur »

In post 192, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:My read on mastin is ~kind of~ meta in that I know her fairly well. There is no explicit marker that I'm looking for in her towngame, but sometimes I just know it when I see it. Invisible Inc is the best recent example of mastin obvtowning in the first few pages of a game and me having no doubts about my read on it. Its not a sure thing and I get paranoia about her, but shes not mafia here. 3rd party? Ehhhh. Maybe. Not mafia though. I'm not concerned about the 3rd party at this point at all though.

Thats fine, Im townreading her too, Im just saying lets dont go down the "all hail matsin" path yet.

elusive wrote:I feel like Blue Blur is being purposefully obtuse, I'm the one who brought up lurkers being a BS playstyle and that ZZXX in another game I was in (or at least two actually) just lurked away which is annoying. So someone attacked that slot for lurkerage and I said, "Yeah he can be a tool but Drixx isn't" so what I feel like happening here is that Sally or Blue Blur or whatever that is, is trying very hard to make something out of nothing and failing miserably. You were wrong, I was right. Etc.

P.S. If you are one of those whiny little sensitive souls for whom somewhat abrasive or scintilliating language is difficult because of low self-esteem or whatever (hey that dude said no one can make you feel inferior wo your consent and all but I guess for some people if you call them a penguin they fucking think they are one....), do write something like, "I'm PG rated" or whatever language is "appropriate" and I will strive to treat you like a fine delicate china bowl (although I mean those would be so fun to just break, as they resemble imperialism but that's just an aside). If I think you're scum tho, good luck with that.

Gumball, let's get something straight to cut through the BS that was your post about why you didn't want to post. Umm....no. First day is all about people trying to latch on to something, anything to try to make a scum case (and scum trying to mislynch someone and save their squiggling worm of a buddy who is being FOSed). So yeah a lot of is just throwing a candle in the dark or whatevs but it shows your thought process and who you find to be smell funky or not.

And see Gumball made a vote and provided some reasoning, lo and behold we are playing fucking mafia and not tea party with the boring people.

VOTE: Blue Blur

I like explanations that come with votes and from what I understand neither Sally nor Sonic have provided one. Try harder.

Call it as you may, its still a slight defense of that slot. Also this is an amazing overreaction, seriously nominated for an oscar.

PeregrineV wrote:
In post 191, The Blue Blur wrote:I can't wait to be mislynched once this flips scum. Also love it he's doing something now that I called him out on his fluffy bullshit.

And here I thought we were just feeling each other out/up.

Instead, you "called me out on my fluffy bullshit".

That fluffy bullshit would have to be post and .

As 102 was hello, RVs, etc., then 107 must have been "fluffy bullshit".

Elaborate why it was fluffy bullshit.

Its the same reason muffin is voting Blastoise. Only difference is hes a noob and you know how to play soooooo....

mastin2 wrote:
In post 178, Oversoul wrote:@Mastin
Since there are guaranteed to only be 5 VTs.
That doesn't seem ICish at all.

I mean, maybe by play one or two will be, but by role, I don't see how five VTs = all ICs.

In post 192, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:Invisible Inc is the best recent example of mastin obvtowning in the first few pages of a game and me having no doubts about my read on it.
Preeeeeeeetty sure we need to play more often since I don't even remember that game, it's so old. (AP's point is right, he just lacks recent examples.)

PAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Plz vote obvscum elusive plz
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:23 am

Post by The Blue Blur »

~Sally
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:23 am

Post by The Blue Blur »

Also where is bulba?
Gratuitous
Gratuitous
Goon
Gratuitous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Gratuitous »

@Prolapsed: You get a +1 for historical facts from me, but do you have any thoughts on the game itself.

I'm not in love with Oversoul's repeated pushing of the IC plan/thing, especially as a look at the set-up wiki proves it to be incorrect.

To answer the Elusive/TBB thing, no I am not an alt acct.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:24 am

Post by elusive »

I'm sure some variation of it was probably said by like Kennedy or someone cool but watevs. KNowing who said it doesn't make the point any more or less valid, lol.

That wasn't a response to you Gumball (the P.S. part), it was a response to getting a PM about how some poor sensitive soul might be offended at being referred to as a "freak." Just, no. {Something about lame emoness here}
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:25 am

Post by elusive »

Like "Watch your language" messages should come after I've called someone something fun, freak is my way of toning it down already. Lame.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:27 am

Post by elusive »

Blue Blur continues to reach hard and be path...I'm sorry wait let me rephrase that...put a vote and then try to justify it backwards because it has no reasoning or case. Good job, let's see you lynched.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:28 am

Post by elusive »

Fucking censorship police. Hate.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 200, The Blue Blur wrote:Its the same reason muffin is voting Blastoise. Only difference is hes a noob and you know how to play soooooo....

Muffin in this game is voting TriForceP, who is not a noob, and did not asking questions. Otherwise, I think you may have your games confused.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:45 am

Post by The Blue Blur »

In post 208, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 200, The Blue Blur wrote:Its the same reason muffin is voting Blastoise. Only difference is hes a noob and you know how to play soooooo....

Muffin in this game is voting TriForceP, who is not a noob, and did not asking questions. Otherwise, I think you may have your games confused.

Welp.

It doesnt change anything though, we should have RVS/RQS/Random after 3-4 pages. We should be scumhunting, and I took walls from me to get content generating, so whatever.
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:46 am

Post by The Blue Blur »

In post 206, elusive wrote:Blue Blur continues to reach hard and be path...I'm sorry wait let me rephrase that...put a vote and then try to justify it backwards because it has no reasoning or case. Good job, let's see you lynched.

Waaaaaaaaa

More overreactionssssssss
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:47 am

Post by The Blue Blur »

~Still more salalalalalala
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:04 am

Post by elusive »

Wait is sala the same Salamance from the other game ? Are you a girl ? What,no way
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:07 am

Post by elusive »

Also peregrine we were in a game together dude Lol I was your partner, don't like disappear k?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:09 am

Post by elusive »

Oh and gratuitous made a good post re Brainy dude not actually commenting on the game, are you new to mafia Gr? Prolly played rlsewhere?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 153, The Blue Blur wrote:Anyways,

@Oversoul: No, I don't do that. I most likely wont do that, and don't see the effectiveness of said strategy of swapping posting tags.

I know why people want Gratuitous, for his seemingly late random vote and adding nothing of contribution, but wagoning him seems soooooooo bad. 1. His join date was 4 days ago, 2. in fact, there seems to be a lot of randomness still going on after he posts his random vote. Other than the pidgeon and Matsin (ughhhhhhh), theres not a lot of actual participation.

ZZZX is town right now because he wouldn't OMGUS as scum after Hardcore Mafia's events. He wouldn't try.

Bulba rubs me the wrong way with his townread of Matsin, because it just seems like its fake. I think Bulba would only say something like that if he had confidence, which he wouldn't as town.

Sonic thinks Elusive is scum, and I think I get why now. I'm guessing it has something to do with its cute defending of ZZZX when we voted him (Post 36). Also its iso isn't the best, but not the worst in this game. Reading this iso is a prime example why we need to get serious though on page 6.

Oversoul is a gut scum read for me. Empathsis gut. I don't have legit reasonings why, but that's just the way I'm going right now.

Lets talk about this "Plotinus" Character. First things, where is my dear froggie? he is going to make this fun. secondly this hydra is town most likely for trying to do something productive.

Who cares about that Atum RQS bullshit. Its null.

PV is definatly scum. I'm 99% sure on that one.

Riku needs to post more
Gumball needs to post more

Max is gut town right now, because its doing something productive.

Triforce is gut scum for that unvote with no serious vote after.

TelltalePidgeon is probably town.

Mastina is ???, fuck that Im not reading her today without wanting to fucking rage all over the thread.

Ok guys, heres some reads, play off it and lets get serious. We are 7 pages in with little to no hunting yet.

Let's get to work!

~Salamence20

And you are saying I can not read people as town? My current townreads so far are you and madtin. With a hint of quoth. So I am going to go ahead and unvote for now.
UNVOTE:

VOTE: elusive
Filler. And I like pressuring you.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Banana Frog »

Frog head here. Will be catching up tonight. Was mostly out of commission over the weekend, but I knew Plotty would hold down the fort.

-Frog
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Oversoul »

Ladies night tonight
So I'll be out of commission
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Persivul »

Sorry for the delay, other games and RL stuff had me busy. I've done a chrono read. Here are notes on ISOs in order from fewest posts to most.

Riku, Grib, Klingon
- nothing substantive.

Gratuitous
- only 3 posts but 2 of them are good. Denies being an alt.

Drizzx
- I hate hydras, especially late-starting hydras. Don't expect me to separate you into two reads.

PB
- not much there yet...the Eleanor Roosevelt bit seemed strange.

Muffin
- I'm not a fan of the "not a random vote" bit without an explanation. In my first game here the IC pulled that, made people guess about it, and she ended up being scum.

Maxwell
- opens by voting PV in defense of atum. Personally I didn't like atum's ava question either, but I'm not against maxwell defending per se. The thing I'm not getting is his attitude in the follow-ups. He seems to want to maintain his position and be conciliatory at the same time.

Drixx
-

- opens with a soft claim and request for roleblocking. Jumping the gun a little maybe? When I've seen D1 PR soft claims without pressure it's come from scum.

- I don't see a trust tell here at all. The following posts are further discussion of trust tells and no discussion of game. Then in he pushes the soft claim again, just in case you didn't notice it earlier. This was not a good entrance.

Atum
- As noted above, I agree with those who found the questions somewhat scummy. "Everyone can answer the colorful boldy-looking question" sounds to me like a forced attempt to sound casual. Same with "Well we're out of RVS. That's helpful!" in . AND...I don't like the questions in that post. Asking Player A for his view on Player B gives the appearance of scum hunting without adding anything to the discussion or taking a position that someone else can challenge.
Null/scum.

Banana
- did I mention I don't like hydras? - the response to elusive seemed natural and what I would expect from my limited experience with plot. Are you going to do the + and - charts in this game? Probably tough with 21 people.

Bulb
- whiskey tango foxtrot...only seven posts?!? You usually have 7 or posts per
page
. Of course, you usually get lynched D1 whether town or scum. Why so quiet? And what's with the blatant buddying in ?

I'll try to finish up tomorrow. Preview: mastin and Pidgeon make IMO bizarre entrances and there's very little discussion. Why?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

Ironically enough I'm not a fan of ^that post by Persivul.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Quoth The Pidgeon »

I don't see the irony, but I do see the general dislike of it

~Pidgeon
AngryPidgeon and TellTaleHeart

Imagination, of course, can open any door - turn the key
and let terror walk right in.
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by The Blue Blur »

I wish one day Matsin would dwell into her insane mind and tell everyone what shes thinking.

~Sala
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Quoth The Pidgeon »

Things that I thought about earlier but never commented on.

Elusive's reaction to PV looked weird to me. She goes on a tangent about how RQS is considered scummy in mafiascum....the only person who called Atum out on it was PV. No one else really seemed to care much about the questions either way. Plot answered but was extremely confused and asked for a followup. Someone said they liked the question. Basically, Elusive pseudo-whiteknighting Atum over one person (PV) calling the RQS scummy was a bit unwarranted.

FTR, I tend to dislike RQS but its not scummy on its own. My main issue with it is that its not really anything. Usually RQS at least attempts to be relevant. (What is your fav alignment, how much mafia experience do you have?, ...) but I don't really fault PV for thinking this one was particularly irrelevant.
AngryPidgeon and TellTaleHeart

Imagination, of course, can open any door - turn the key
and let terror walk right in.
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by The Blue Blur »

@Bulba, is your vote RVS? Because it sure as hell looks like it.

Also, I dont know how I feel if your town reads are Matsin/Us only.

~Matsin's biggest fan
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 158, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 125, MaxwellPuckett wrote:'Felt fake'?

Geez, he asked how our day was and what avatars were in the game that we liked.

His questions were sincere, yet you didn't bother to answer either one?

I said they weren't scummy, I didn't say I cared about them either way! I do what I want.

Elusive is doing that thing I don't like. Can't tell if serious.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”