Micro 507: Lazy Mod Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

VOTE: Who's on first, what's one second, I don't know's on third...

--Plotinus
Hydra of BlueBloodedToffee and Plotinus

Radio BeardedCat was asked: Should I defend my buddy if he uses dice tags to decide whether to hammer the IC without a claim?
Radio BeardedCat answered: In principle yes, but it is not defend but rather policybus him for information.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

VOTE: Sala

Let's get a wagon rolling.

~BBT

Radio BeardedCat was asked: Should I defend my buddy if he uses dice tags to decide whether to hammer the IC without a claim?
Radio BeardedCat answered: In principle yes, but it is not defend but rather policybus him for information.
BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:16 am

Post by BeardedCat »

ASP, what do you find scummy about Gameplay?

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:48 am

Post by BeardedCat »

I think the restrain thing will be useful later on, once it is no longer page 2. We haven't had time to get on each other's nerves yet. but I can already see possibilities for it. for example if 40 pages in someone won't shut up about why they don't think RVS is the best way to start a game but don't have anything else to propose in its place, we can make them shut up. in that game I had to just keep quoting BBT saying "uggggh this fucking game" at them whenever they started up again about RVS.

Firebringer, how much experience do you have with mafia?

In post 37, kyndy101 wrote:
Hi guys! Wow I think this is my record for getting the fastest wagon ever lol

aren't you at L-4?

Kyndy's rolefishing mala but I'm kinda townleaning her for it.

Sally isn't reading.

gameplay is...something.

being able to restrain people from lying would be OP.

Most people are still goofing off, I think.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 28, A Simple Plan wrote:Gameplay thinks he's "screwed (his) role"- my thinking is that, if he's made such a "screwed" role, why announce it in-game? Is he really not going to be that helpful in this game based on his role alone? To me it feels like he's trying to make an excuse to be unhelpful, which, if such is the case, is scummy.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that at all. You really think gameplay can be like 'Lol, my role is shit so I'm not scum hunting' and everyone else thinks 'Yeah, that's a valid point, let's leave gameplay alone.'

You scum again ASP?

In post 39, kyndy101 wrote:
Do you have a condition for a night action if we lunch scum today or are you just trying to look townie?

This feels town.

In post 51, A Simple Plan wrote:Who's getting a little restraint-happy. I'll call it null, but twice in three posts is a bit surprising.

I don't know why you felt the need to post this if it doesn't tell you anything.

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Also, Sala looks like scum.

So, we should probably get some votes on him.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Which reads are we agreeing on?

This is most unusual haha.

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Yeah, I think it was Plot who spoke about Fire (but I agree that it's an early lean town read).

I'm also thinking gameplay is town.

I feel like my lynch pool is already narrowed down to {Sala, ASP, Mala}. In that order.

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Lynch pool was a little premature; forgot about Who and didn't even realise PB was in this game.

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Sorry, what? Did you just say I shouldn't scum read you because every game we have played together you have been town?

Is that what you just said?

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:40 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

town:
kyndy
because i don't even know just everything in her ISO is townposting and nothing in her ISO is scumposting.
firebringer
leaning newbie town on him, less sure than i am of kyndy but I liked mala's assessment of him.

maaaaaybe town:
mala
i need to see more from her, but people I like start out as nulltown instead of null. I feel like she is doing alignment indicative things I just need more time to figure out which alignment it's indicating. (This is a +- read not a == read)

lurksack:
prolapse
as usual but perhaps more so than usual.

maaaaybe scum:
gameplay
he's overly concerned with how he appears and what other people think of him, is prematurely defensive and is spending too much time proclaiming himself town and not enough time scumhunting (except for baldly declaring a couple slots to be town), but one of my scumreads is pushing him, which could be early distancing I guess (just saying this for bragging rights later if I'm right) but meh, roflclaiming useless role in a game like this seems more like antitown town play coming from a player like this than scum play because he doesn't seem like the sort of player to need to have an excuse prepared for why he's still alive if he makes it to LYLO.

scum (these aren't in order):
asp
- sheeped my stance on kyndy. liked his push on who. understand his push on gameplay but i agree with BBT that it's a shallow push. the mod question was kinda LAMIST.
sally
- for not reading. (BBT's reasons are different and they make sense to me, but this is my own reason.)
who
- is scum until he stops playing with mechanics and starts scumhunting. if you have 7 nulls and a slight townlean then that should be your priority.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 am

Post by BeardedCat »

@Sala yeah, my playstyle just doesn't work at all in micros and i find it frustrating and confusing but pushing me along those lines is antifun so please stop. fair warning that i'm just going to take everything you say literally because i don't have the resources to make sense of it otherwise right now. sometimes people use a ;) to show when they are using sarcasm or when they're not being literal you could try that maybe. or i've had luck with saying "i am telling a joke right now" and then everybody knows what's going on.

mala are you buddying us? because i want these words to be true but you and bbt are gearing up to tunnel each other and now you're being cuddily and i like cuddily better than tunnelly but am confused.

who i think i can understand everything about that readslist (not neccessarily agree with, just understand where coming from) except for your read on us. are your read on asp and us independent? do you think we make sense as scum together?

asp pushed you here:
In post 51, A Simple Plan wrote:Who's getting a little restraint-happy. I'll call it null, but twice in three posts is a bit surprising.

is a weak push but is a push.

@firebringer site meta is different here than at sc2mafia so you're acting like someone who is new to the site. You probably have scumhunting methods that work for you and that you are used to but you may find that some aspects of your playstyle transfer over less nicely than you'd hoped, things you get townread for over there might get you scumread over here or things that you consider null might be suspicious here.

For example, you should know that over here if someone gets to L-1 then it is considered scummy to hammer them without first giving them a chance to roleclaim and share their final thoughts if they choose to. I mention this pre-emptively because the last players from sc2mafia that i met found this custom strange. It is also customary to announce it when someone is put at L-1. but i've never played over there so i don't know what other differences there might be.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:41 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Salamence20 wrote:
@Sala 74 yeah, my playstyle just doesn't work at all in micros and i find it frustrating and confusing but pushing me along those lines is antifun so please stop. fair warning that i'm just going to take everything you say literally because i don't have the resources to make sense of it otherwise right now. sometimes people use a ;) to show when they are using sarcasm or when they're not being literal you could try that maybe. or i've had luck with saying "i am telling a joke right now" and then everybody knows what's going on.

What in the actual fuck did I say that would be as insulting. No seriously. Do tell.

In post 74, Salamence20 wrote:Also plot, micros arent meant to be taken as seriously as you want it to be.

They are meant for light hearted fun!

I don't think you were trying to be insulting but I'm a bit worn thin tonight and I'm frustrated with micros in general and with myself and with my playstyle. I was having fun in this game until you said this and then the fun just stopped and I can probably get it started again it's not terminally stopped just a bit derailed and I know you weren't trying to do that it just kinda happened and I was really looking forward to this game and this hydra in particular.

Salamence20 (3): Malakittens, A Simple Plan, BeardedCat

Let me say this as clearly as I can:

[/
I AM A WEAK SUICIDAL 1-SHOT TOWN VIG, I DIE TONIGHT. THERE IS NO POINT IN LYNCHING ME.
b]

i couldn't tell if you were kidding or not. i'm now going to assume that you're not kidding.
VOTE: asp

--Plotinus

pedit: @mala. ok. let's be snuggly then.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

i don't think i can explain it in a way that you'll understand.

I have fun differently than other people. that's ok. i find you as incomprehensible as you find me.

restrain bearded cat and salamence from talking about whether people are having fun or not

i'm going to bed.

--Potinus.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

About the suicidal dayvig thing, I'm still unsure about whether to believe it or not but yeah actually I could see someone like sala submitting a role like the kind people joke claim they have in RVS like *shuffles through their completed games to find a good example*

In post 26, vonflare wrote:I'm a bulletproof modkillproof lynchproof strongman ninja weak miller insane doctor compulsive even-commuter inventor tracker.

I'm feeling better about Prolapsed, he's on point with his observations and I'm liking the snarky scumhunting. Want to see more, though.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 69, Malakittens wrote:I'm stating that the tunneling is old. you can't read me for shit, but you still continue to scum read me every game.

Just want to address this real quick; I don't scum read you as much as you think I do, I think you're misremembering (sounds like it shouldn't be a real word?). My main issue with you, and the cause of most of our problems, is the way you acquire reads and don't explain them. That is what we tend to argue about, it's not normally because I scum read you. Having said that, my reasons for scum reading you this game were entirely different to anything else I have previously said.

Having said all that, it doesn't matter because after reading game I think you're town.

In post 71, Salamence20 wrote:Im suicidal night 1, so regardless of my alignment you wont deal with me past today, so w/e

I kind of want to let Sala live after this post.

In post 73, Salamence20 wrote:Also BBT always scumreads me, this time hes wrong though

I do? I think we have played together once and I caught you as scum, no?

In post 98, Firebringer wrote:
Way to tick me off.

I am seriously tunneling you now just for this restriction.

VOTE: prolapsed brain

Anyone else want to join me?

I'm no longer town reading Fire. This post is bad and it's an over-reaction to try and justify vote parking with weak reasons.

In post 100, Firebringer wrote:Join me on PB.

He must be die.

Do you have reasons for thinking he is scum?

In post 103, Malakittens wrote:Which makes me wonder why the hell you'd a) chose those modifiers on that role or even decide if a suicide was even a good idea, but thanks for the possible troll-sent-in-PM!

(tbh I kinda want to see this game ran as a mini or something, would be p coool)

This is such a good point though... why would Sala submit such an anti town role? Unless he was hoping to roll scum and it backfired and he rolled town?

In post 105, Salamence20 wrote:
1. Fuck BBT

That hurt. Like, really hurt.

In post 107, Malakittens wrote:I mean I really just want to lynch you on policy alone with how ANTI-TOWN THE ROLE IS.

Again, this ^^

In post 111, Prolapsed Brain wrote:
In post 108, Salamence20 wrote: accidently told the mod

You are aware, of course, that we were able to change our minds if we wanted to?

Again, this ^^

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Want to lynch Sala, ASP or Fire Today.

Fairly comfortable with everyone else being some degree of town.

~BBT (both posts)

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:28 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 131, Firebringer wrote:@Who

I don't think I have been called a newb until you just called me one.
So yeah your read doesn't make sense.

It happened a bunch of times:

Spoiler: quote stripes
In post 19, Malakittens wrote:Actually Fire is pretty new, so I kinda expect that reaction out of a
newbie.

Now to determine if that's a town or a scum reaction.

In post 40, BeardedCat wrote:
Firebringer, how much experience do you have with mafia?
<-- i don't ask this question if i don't think someone is a newb

In post 70, BeardedCat wrote:
firebringer
leaning
town on him, less sure than i am of kyndy but I liked mala's assessment of him.
<-- this townlean was conditional on the newb part

In post 85, Firebringer wrote:Is rather be called scum than newbie town. So insulting.

In post 88, BeardedCat wrote:
@firebringer site meta is different here than at sc2mafia so you're acting like someone who is new to the site.

In post 128, Firebringer wrote:I am amazed at how fast bearded cat flipped me from town to scum. All because I switched on to PB.

Is it the way I did it?

Or possibly because I am pressuring PB, implying some very small buddying going on.

so yeah, there was a lot of "let's give the newer player some benefit of the doubt" but if you're going to be insulted then we can just call you scum instead. But I still think there's a chance that you're mislynch bait instead of scum, it's hard to tell with players who are newer to the site because they're used to a different site meta where different things are considered scummy. Outright newbies are actually easier because if they've never been scum before, or never been town before then it's pretty obvious.

Maybe you'll be easier to sort once you have more posts. We're interested in ASP right now.

As for Prolapse, he's started scumhunting so I'd like to see him keeping doing that but I'm happy with him for now. Why do you think him voting to restrain you is scummy? Do you think using the restrain feature is scummy in general or only in this particular case? What do you think of the other restrain votes?

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:53 am

Post by BeardedCat »

@Mala we're interested in Sala too but where we're at at the moment is that he can have 1 night to prove that he's really suicidal.

Though, actually, Sala, and i mean this in the least rolefishy way possible, but what's so important that you want to do in the upcoming night phase that you don't want to be lynched? Do you still want to vig gameplay? we could just lynch him later if he's scum?

pedit: hmm, I could see that.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 157, Salamence20 wrote:VOTE: Simple Plan

Why?

I don't get the votes on Sala at all. People don't seem to believe he is suicidal...well let him live until tomorrow and we find out, don't we?

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

I was thinking that but I'm also thinking that Sala is someone scum don't want around and I can 100% see scum pushing/joining this wagon.

Like, I don't see scum!Sala thinking of ways that ensure he lives until D2 and then coming up with the idea of a suicidal vig. On the other hand, I don't see the Mod adding that into his role and Sala also said he 'accidentally' submitted it and we all know we had numerous chances to amend/suggest what we wanted so this sounds like a flat out lie.

Ugh, I just don't think lynching Sala is the right move Today given he should be dead tomorrow anyway. I also would like to see scum sweating about who he will shoot. If he is alive Tomorrow, we lynch him. Simple as that.

I for one would welcome more votes on ASP.

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

^^^

~Also BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Oh?

You wanna talk about that or?

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

ok, i wrote this last night and then never managed to finish writing:

I don’t even know you guys. everything’s gibberish right now. i tried eating some pickles but it didn’t help even though i ate yesterday.

I want to help mala with lynching sala but I keep getting paranoid about something in her thought process but mala's probably the least of my worries right now.

In post 148, A Simple Plan wrote:BC is town, though I'm not exactly a fan of the portion of one of their posts quoted in by Who. It almost looks like leading, but I don't believe it to be certain.

what does leading mean?

and then I wanted to talk about people's reads lists but it didn't happen and I'm still kinda floaty and everything's still gibberish and I don't know why because I ate a couple days ago so I shouldn't be this floaty yet but whatever, I'll make lunch and then maybe I'll be able to post something substantial.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

huh, wow i should do this lunch thing more often.

In post 178, kyndy101 wrote:Alright here we go
READS LIST

ASP:
TOWN
Reasonable thoughts and makes sense. Even if he didn't post for a while.

BeardedCat:
NULL
The recent posts bumped it down to null from town. Both heads scumhunting and both acting townie; various good ideas spring from Bearded Cat; however the newer posts seem kinda odd..So NULL

Gameplay
NULL- LEAN SCUM
Can't decide. He hasn't posted recently so I'd rather wait for that. His posts make sense if he is scum, buuuut I'm not sure.

Malakittens:
NULL- LEAN TOWN
Possible conditional ability, determined on if we lynch scum. Maybe lyncher? They don't feel town or scum so I think it's likely. Kinda touchy however. Some of the posts make sense, some of the ideas are bad but meh

Kyndy, can you talk in more detail about your townread on asp?

is there anything you need from us to help you sort us?

what do you think of gameplay now that he’s posting again?

talk to me about mala and why you’re suspecting she’s a lyncher. talk more about what it means when someone doesn’t feel town or scum and why you’re calling that 3rd party instead of someone that needs more time to sort. which ideas do you think are bad?

In post 179, Firebringer wrote:Lol I prefer bad player.

Difference between me and you kyndy.
I have high chance of being here day two if I don't get lynched.

Go ahead and look town. See how it gets you.

Scum targets the towniest players first.

this is not a town mindset.

In post 183, gameplay506 wrote:Ok read up
Sal:
I know that he likes to make gambits so right now I don't really think he is either weak nor suicidal. I think this is all just a gambit. Also I don't really see any arguments on him despite "Sal's role" so I don't feel like joining that wagon. My guess is that he is an op role, scum or not, I wanna leave him until tomorrow and see what he'll do tonight.

Who:
Scum. Iso is crap and his recent posts are all about Salamance.

what do you think of ?

you’re null on sal but your issue with Who is that he’s also null on Sal and trying to work out what to think of him?

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #25) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Also I still can't tell if Sala is trying to figure out how gullible I am or not.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #26) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:10 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

ok, i'm caught up and if i weren't in a hydra i'd be voting sala right now.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:09 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Mala, how sure are you that Sala will flip scum? How much of this is policy based on setup spec?

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

fuck, Mala, I'm sorry. that's not what we were expecting you to claim. I completely failed to read between the lines on that one.

BBT was townreading Sala and he really wanted to lynch scum today so he wanted to keep pushing ASP, and we didn't have a chance to talk last night after you CC'ed because he'd just finish convincing me not to move our vote to Sala. Just woke up and it's already too late to talk to BBT about what to do about Sala but maybe this game will make more sense tomorrow.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

asp is 100% scum.

VOTE: a simple plan

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Also, Mala's town, though I don't know why she counterclaimed instead of just vigging Sala.

--Plotinus

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

Hey guys, just in case anyone missed it;

ASP is scum. 100%. He should be gaining votes rapidly until a lynch is achieved.

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 275, A Simple Plan wrote:
All (particularly PB, BC, Kyndy): thoughts on the top portion of this page/Sala's repeated demands for a Mala speed-lynch? I'm not sure I'm okay with it, personally.

If anyone needed convincing further (which they shouldn't) this is ASP testing the waters for a Mala lynch. If he isn't OK with the idea of speed-lynching Mala - why the hell did he bring it up?

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:56 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Are you using both votes Kyndy?

Also, vig doesn't count because he wasn't a dayvig (he had to submit at night and that person would be killed the following night)

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:58 am

Post by BeardedCat »

In post 273, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: A Simple Plan

I'm also interested in the why.

~BBT

BeardedCat
BeardedCat
Goon
BeardedCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:18 am

Post by BeardedCat »

Cool, someone should now state intent.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”