Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 677, TriforceP wrote:And I just realized something. Sonic and Sally share a hydra. Sonic and Sally. Anyone who gets the reference also gets a cookie.

In post 773, Banana Frog wrote:
In post 771, The Blue Blur wrote:Why the fuck would I buddy someone I know, and Fuck Frogger for reasons that don't matter.

Love you back Sally <3

Hey, my idiocy won you and Sonic the Dating Game, so you can at least not hate me for that.

Also, why did you say fuck about sonic saying Bulb is obvtown, then criticize us for our Bulb vote?

-Frog

Because that bulba vote should have happened 10 pages ago.

~Sally
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:53 am

Post by Banana Frog »

In post 771, The Blue Blur wrote:
Plotfrog wrote:blueblur588 I complained about this in 594 and you still haven’t explained it. why are you screaming that we are town when nobody is questioning it? it makes me nervous about my townread on you because I'm paranoid that you're buddying me.

Excuse me, who the fuck are you? Why the fuck would I buddy someone I know, and Fuck Frogger for reasons that don't matter. There has been talk about you pinging people's scumdars and I want to know why, because I don't get it. People should be following you wayyyyy more than Matsin.

I really can't remember anyone at all in this game saying that we were pinging their scumdar until you made that post, a couple of people said it since. I went back and looked after you posted it to see what you were talking about and couldn't find anything, so it made me paranoid. Now I'm starting to think you're mixing up your games though.

PlotFrog wrote:VOTE: Bulbazoor

This is some bullshit though. Way to try to revitalize a wagon that died some 5-10 pages ago because VI's = conftown.

I'll get reads after I talk with MS tonight.

~Sally

that was before we synched and it was the only person i could vote for that i was scumreading that i was pretty sure frogger would agree with (his reads are now mostly matching mine now that he's caught up. yay.)

but VIs are not conftown. In We Didn't Playtest This, there were plenty of VIs who were scum. A VI has just as much chance as rolling scum as anybody else. Also I know Bulbazoor and he's not that stupid. He just won a game as scum that I wasn't following all that closely but people in the endgame were telling him what a good job he was doing.

In We Didn't Playtest This there was vonflare who entered the game with "26 players? I hope there's a lot of nightkills" and got worse from there. There was oranje crush who botched their fakeclaim in twilight 1 and yet somehow managed to survive until MYLO. There was narninian who spent the entire game voteparked on the nightskipper and talking about his votepark, literally half of his ISO was on the topic of "I am voteparking". Some of the scum played really well that game but sometimes the obvscum is actually scum.

This isn't a policy lynch on a VI. I think he's actually scum.

--Plotinus

pedit: we were voting bulba ten pages ago but then frogger changed it to oversoul and then i changed it back once i was caught up.
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Banana Frog »

In post 372, Banana Frog wrote:
In post 365, Banana Frog wrote:
In post 362, Bulbazoor wrote:
@ mod: Can you tell us whether scum have daychat?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p7103236

what I meant by this link in case it wasn't clear was "I think Bulba is faking a townslip"

VOTE: Bulbazoor L-8

--Plotinus
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:14 am

Post by singersigner »

PAGES 1-5

by Mastin...seems an awful lot like setting up a narrative for how long she will stick around like she knows her play will be scummy and won’t be nightkill worthy, etc, etc. Initial gut scum read. This is also the first time I’ve ever seen her say her reads might not be good which I’m not sure how to take as either alignment. >_> Later she says instead of town...
by Bulb doesn’t really acknowledge why he thinks Mastin is town which is normally fine but since I feel the opposite it feels unnatural for towncred.
by Quoth...actually explains the read on Mastin and while I still disagree it feels like a town explanation due to the inherent meta layers involved to come to that read.

by TBB but
@mod...is it possible to get a separate quote when answering setup design/role related questions to make it easier to find?

by TBB...knowing why someone’s being voted but it being ”too obvious to sheep” seems like wanting to withhold credit for bussing a buddy while delaying the actual bussing as long as possible...alternatively encouraging someone’s incorrect read on someone while avoiding a mislynch. Gut scum read here that does not have any baring on TriforceP’s alignment.
Followed by for seemingly no reason after mild encouragement from Oversoul...
Followed by geezus fuck this guy is scum.
and by ZZZX...you really need to stop trying to prove how awesome of a player you are. Until you stop having at least an equal amount of games that put you in endgame as still a wild card, and people start agreeing, it’s never going to be true. :roll:
by TBB...that hydra dissonance I sure do love!
by PV...seriously? The question thing is the most suspicious thing you’ve found so far?? Seems like an easy vote park...
by TriforceP...no follow-up now that you’ve determined RVS is “about” over (hint: it was over like on p2). Why unvote?

Scum reads so far are Mastin and TBB. Town reads are Quoth...well that's it so far but that's acknowledge there needs to be followup by some people.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:23 am

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 745, elusive wrote:
Gumball, I get why Oversoul seems a bit shady to you (although he explains it in a way that seems townish to me, I will meta some players at some point but he's not high on the priority list).

Maybe give us some reads?

Klingoncelt - Already explained
Prolapsed Brain - Same feel as Grib to me (i did grib before pb don't ask me why)
The Blue Blur - slightly leaning scum (overreaction earlier along with a smidge of gut) ( happened while i was typing this and the random aggression reminded my exactly why they're leaning scum)
riku - null af but i'd be willing to policy lynch
Drizzx - null af
LittleGumball - Hi mom! :cool:
mastin2 - Really unsure what to think. This is kind of a forced null because like I said previously, I'm not going to just follow her around just because people say she's good. Basically I'm going to take everything she says with a grain of a grain of salt. If I grow to townread her then I'll townread her.
Persivul
singersigner -
null af
INCOMING
(actually i just said that without ISOing, anyway perse frustration feels kinda town-ish??? but not really a fan of no content from singer.
results are still null
. (OH OF COURSE SHE'D POST RIGHT AFTER I FINISH THIS READ UGHHH. I'll clarify a read on her after she's done with her analysis)
Grib - eh don't really know, i need more (other people talkin bout him as i'm writing, I'd be okay with a Grib lynch)
Banana Frog - Looking town to me, liking the reads progressions even if it is a bit tedious.
Atum - slight townlean despite disagreeing with some of his reads
Quoth The Pidgeon - switches for me but i'm gonna go with hesitant townlean
PeregrineV - forced null
The Goat - Need more but slight scumlean because gut and literally zero substance.
elusive - Townlean, can't really explain why, I guess it's gut.
Muffin - not feeling good about aggression (why am I townreading elusive's aggression but not muffin's? I don't know.). keep flipflopping, he was scummier before but recently he feels more town, don't really like how he was naked voting except on oversoul. I guess my conclusion is... null?????
TriforceP - i think i've already said my thoughts
Gratuitous - basically no content, i'd be okay with lynching i guess. don't like how he's skated through the game without me knowing anything about him besides his avatar is a blastoise.
Oversoul - is p bad considering he naked voted then just said "I think you're playing scummy" without really saying why (even just saying gut would have been okay) until prodded about it. (his reasoning was bad anyway imo because that's normal Triforce play (and normal from where we come from)) Some things look okay to me and others don't. His recent thing of just asking questions and not saying anything else is kind of weird to me. Overall I think only a scumlean for now, my vote could change if someone looks scummier or he looks less so.
MaxwellPuckett - I LOVE YOU. c: Max is probably my strongest townread.
Bulbazoor - slight townlean because gut.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:24 am

Post by LittleGumball »

oh my goodness gracious that's a little hard to read i'm so sorry friends
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Can you space it out please?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Titus »

Absolutely Singer. I plan on sticking setup questions in the first post later tonight so they can be found easier.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Grib »

Sorry, new friends keep suckering me into Skype as soon as I get off work and then the day passes me by.

In post 774, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I don't like them making a judgement on Oversoul based on their scumread of Klingoncelt. Also, the fact that they don't appear to be thinking about their reads. Like, reconsidering them as events happen. A and B are town because X and Y. End.

But the latter is actually something I can only make a proper judgement on if they post more. Which I want them to do.

That's how I play. I've been accused of being stubborn with my reads, and sometimes it's true. Other times, I'm not stubborn enough. Trying to find the balance.

Pidgeon, I see you think I townread elusive too early or something. I have lots of offsite experience with her; she is ridiculously transparent. She is the only person I would safely bet on a complete meta read of (which I started doing after my second game with her). Also, my avatar is fantastic.

Klingon's reads are actually really bad. Her scumreads are almost exactly my townreads, so that really needs to die.
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Quoth The Pidgeon »

Also I totally link that game several pages ago Elusive, but you were too interested in bragging about bring mod killed to notice.
AngryPidgeon and TellTaleHeart

Imagination, of course, can open any door - turn the key
and let terror walk right in.
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Quoth The Pidgeon »

Linked* being*
AngryPidgeon and TellTaleHeart

Imagination, of course, can open any door - turn the key
and let terror walk right in.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 680, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 560, The Blue Blur wrote:

Im going to talk about PV today, Im sorry about not doing that yesterday, but my news director left me in charge of doing all the newscasts this week, so that comes first.

I think I'm more important than a weeks worth of newcasts for real money as part of a job.

This belongs in a sig.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by Atum »

Can you answer all the fun questions I left for you in my reads/thoughts/reasons/questions-list Klingon?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by elusive »

In post 784, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:Also I totally link that game several pages ago Elusive, but you were too interested in bragging about bring mod killed to notice.

What conclusion do you come up with from that game? It is a weird game because of all the drama (not involving me in any way) that went down and so in a way its an anomaly.

Here is what I can tell from ISO (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p6614712)
- More carefree, relaxed tone, able to joke
- $481 and #650, #653, #994, pegs at least one scum and the SK (OP isn't updated so who replaced SilverWolf?)
- Provides reads, questions, interacts wo being forced
- Doesn't fake reads
- Isn't buddying anyone and isn't faking reads

Look at Apocalypse, its more recent and complete for the scum meta. And tell me what you think (just in ISO, I guess, that's doable, yeah?)
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 699, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:Oh that was you who got modkilled in that one, lmao.

I was force-replaced. My slot was Town.

What point is she trying to make?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by elusive »

You're not reading the game then, are you. Good to know. AP brought up that game, not me. I was just giving him my thoughts on it.

So no reads list or anything of substance?

Checking off the scum boxes I see.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by elusive »

Oh and to clarify I mean a real reads list, not an OMGUS I put everyone in my wagon as scum for the SCUM LOLZ
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by elusive »

Oh wait you also put Riku there and town reaction to that slot is to ask for a replace, not call it scum without reason. More trolling scum reads.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by elusive »

In post 112, riku wrote:Gotta go fast

In post 509, riku wrote:Ehhh.... This will be a lot of reading

Riku from a simple ISO is obviously able to play although either an alt or newbie-ish. SO town should ask for a prod or ideally a force replace so we can get content to actually go through. But then again, why wouldn't scum go for the low hanging fruit?
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by elusive »

VOTE: KlingonCelt
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 730, Banana Frog wrote:
page 27

klingon’s readslist ignoring her read on us which is correct just a bit premature, talk about singer, triforce, atum, the goat, riku when you can. feel like goat and riku should be in the nulls with the other lurk sacks. feels like a lot of reads are based on or around elusive which i get but preflip associatives are bad. + a lot of her nulls are people who are scum reading her and i wonder if there is a causal connection there.

—Plotinus

LittleGumball and I are in another game together right now. We're pretty much stuck with having to Null each other until that other game ends.

We're in the same game with PereV, but I never could read him.

Mastin2 has RL clouding her functionality, so I can't get a read on her.

The Nulls that I said I have trouble reading, well, I have trouble reading them. It's entirely possible that the votes against me cloud my objectivity. No surprise there.

Outside of ongoing games and having played previously with some people, I'm not connected to anyone.
-
MiniDeathStar
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Muffin »

There's far too much focus on other games. Can we focus on this one instead?

Anyone with even a modicum of common sense knows that meta is only reliable some of the time.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 737, Atum wrote:
Klingon - lean scum, mostly because I think her readslist was terrible. Her point about playstyle is pretty similar to how I (attempt to) play, but elusive is correct in that you'll often miss more technical or subtle habits you fall into as either alignment. Oh, oh and in her readslist I'm scum because something about my posts being dedicated to Oversoul, who is apparently one of her top scum reads. Klingon, can you explain that part of your read on me? Along with the following:

1) What seems good about Gratuitous' posts to you?
2) Why'd that Persivul quote give you a townread?
3) Do you believe that someone with a scum role pm would be more likely to have virtually no posts (2) than someone with a town role pm? Why?

1. They contain solid content that seems sincere.

2. It's comedy gold, and I don't think Scum would go there.

3. Extreme apathy isn't necessarily alignment-indicative. In New York 183 there were 6 different slots that had a total of 17 players. Only 2 of those slots were Scum.

However...

I noticed in some games that the Scums hated each other. For example, in NY 183 both House and RationalMadman flaked after an alpha-man dickslapfest in the Scum PT.

Riku's been here long enough to know not to lurk, and his 2 posts suck. He's not even pretending to show interest. That goes beyond anti-Town in my eyes.

I'm not liking Goat's 5 measly posts, either.
-
MiniDeathStar
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by singersigner »

PAGES 6-10

by BF...picks up on the same thing I did with TriforceP’s unvote/out of RVS statement. Shows town line of thinking.
by Mastin...WTF WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL LIKE THEY NEED TO PROJECT A DIFFERENCE IN PLAY. I thought it was a scumtell from Titus in S&V but I just saw it from townNacho in Saki mafia, so I’m gunna try not to let this conbias me...
by TBB...big reads list that doesn’t make much of an impression on me...until the bottom! He does that “encouraging” thing that scum like to do when they’re trying to look productive. What bothers me is that he said “we’re 7 pages in with little to no hunting yet” which is pretty untrue! There have been plenty of reads discussed so it’s like...how can you even think that? Seems like trying to hard to look pro-town to me...
by Drixx...this is 100% protown. The only worry I have is that it could be baiting a JK to ensure the rest of their scumteam doesn’t get caught, but I highly doubt that with the way it was worded. I really like this for town. @Drixx, did you discuss claiming this with ZZZX? Why didn’t he mention it before?
by PV...nailed the hypothetical issue I thought he could’ve had with Atum. I actually missed Atum’s response to PV, but the wording of it seems awkwardly pretentious and fake. Slight scum read on Atum.
by Drixx...I didn’t really have an issue with you bringing up the trust tell thing until now, probably mostly because I just assumed you were town regardless, but this seems out of place. You’re commenting on him saying a fact, as in, mastin has literally only ever seen him play as one alignment, not “oh I only play like this as one alignment” so your bottom line of “I didn’t expect to be scumread for being helpful” pings my scum-trying-to-be-helpful radar. Stahp.
by TBB...ugh, I
don’t
like that I just agreed with everything TBB said...
If I didn’t know any better, I’d take elusive’s as a scumtell. Unfortunately it’s null.
by Maxwell...what’s the thing elusive’s doing that you don’t like and how does it affect your read on him?
by TriforceP...noting this later for if either of them flip scum.
by Grib...could you...give any more insight on elusive being town? I agree that he’s being attacked more for playstyle but his content is neutral to me so what’s your experience with him and why do you think he’s town?
by elusive...the Klingon scumread kind of came out of thin air after her on you. What made Klingon’s vote on you more scummy than anyone else’s thus far?
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by TriforceP »

In post 796, Muffin wrote:There's far too much focus on other games. Can we focus on this one instead?\

This.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”