Micro 508: MafiaMafiaNotMafia (Bins' Soup Sucks)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Edosurist »

In post 240, Parama wrote:though in all honesty i'd prefer one of the lucky voters to unvote (NM please?)
but yeah can we not be at L-1

Why do you prefer it be us? Would it not be the same effect if you were to unvote?
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:33 am

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

In post 231, Bins wrote:
In post 201, Rainbow Unicat wrote:I know. sorry. i'm a bit overextended but that's no excuse. Do you want to try interacting with me? I'm a bit out of my depth because the main scumhunting tools I rely on don't really work in this stage of the game or in a setup of this size but maybe talking will help.

tbh interaction is a lot better than the big posts

big posts always look

i don't know when i find myself as scum i tend to draw out my posts to make me sound really wordy. it's something marquis does a lot when he's scum and needs to explain himself and closely buddy buddy with someone hoping to get a twist on their reaction. i could be saying nothing at all but hey at least I'm making a massive post of geniuneness so you have to town read me. look how town i am. LOOK. explaining myself also takes up a lot of room and i really like to do that hahahah tbh parama in 999 mafia and marquis are pretty much the main reasons I'm so paranoid of "effort" because i realized i never EVER make big posts as town and its only when i want to convince people that i look towny that i start talking in this manner. like "talking to you" and a "listen to me" and words words words. this isn't meant to be like mocking but i just want to show you how easy it is to fake wanting to say a whole bunch of stuff.

you see what i mean?

i guess it's just something i do as scum a lot so it freaks me out

i see what you mean. it's null for me though. i know how it is because there are some people who play my scum meta as town and it's really hard for me not to scumread them for it. If you want to know kinds of things are alignment indicative for me I was pretty thorough in my deconstruction of my scumgame in the mafia pt of n1615 and i haven't had much time to work on those things yet + quite a few of them are arduous to work on i'm trying but i'm not really there yet.

we should try to interact though. i'm overextended but if i see you online at some point i will try to pop my head in so we can talk in real time, i'll make it a priority sorry i couldn't today but next time i promise. maybe tomorrow? it's almost midnight here.
Hydra of Bellaphant and Plotinus
Baby we're a little different, there's no need to be ashamed.
Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:33 am

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

--Plotinus
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:45 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

UNVOTE: chamber
I wanted reactions too!
We can move on to day 2 and I'll have the game figured out when flips come.
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Parama »

In post 250, Edosurist wrote:
In post 240, Parama wrote:though in all honesty i'd prefer one of the lucky voters to unvote (NM please?)
but yeah can we not be at L-1

Why do you prefer it be us? Would it not be the same effect if you were to unvote?

i'm more confident in a chamber lynch than a lucky lynch, personally, and i haven't seen any strong arguments come from either you or NM in favor of the lynch. NM's vote was not justified in his vote post and he's said literally nothing about Lucky since. you've waffled between him being scum and town a few times and your most recent argument against him i don't understand at all.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Parama »

NM is really starting to piss me off now tbh, it's not about "not being verbose", it's about not posting anything at all
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 249, Edosurist wrote:@NM - Did I not ask you for a reads list?

I think Bins is capable of not lol-hammering, so I feel safe with my vote.

I'm liking Bins, she looks like she;s genuinely trying to sort things, she being pretty stream of conciousness, I see nothing really crafted or deliberate in her posting.

My Inflateable Pie is a wtf read, I can barely follow a lot of what he says and when I can I almost never agree with it, gun to my head, I'd probably go town, because what's he's saying is all over the place but there's nothing directly contradictory or anything showing conflicting thought processes.

Rainbow Unicat contains Plotinus, who I know is a solid player as both town and scum, right now I'm null, I don't know Bellaphant too well and she hasn't been the active head. but in regards to Plotinus, she's a very methodical player as both alignments, her style doesn't waver too much, she's not someone I can read too well because she has a conistent style. If I was in that group i'd lynch the hydra just to sort the null read I'm wary of

Viewing your earlier posts in the lens of joking, I can buy it, your play since looks like a sincere attempt to interact with people and play the game. Lucky... meh, a lynch a default, I can see him being scum, I can see him being town, I couldn't remember anything he posted off the top of my head, reviewing his iso there's not much of anything there and his diatribe about being town rings hollow.

The chamber, parama, TIP group I'm very ambivalent on, I like and agree with a lot of what parama has said on paper, but I still feel he's just casting his net as wide as possible and throwing any legitimate criticish of anyone he can find.

I don't reall have anything new to say about chamber, TIP looks scum but feels town.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:18 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

Looks scum but feels town? How does that work?
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

i hate missing a day and having so much to catch up on... here goes!
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 190, Bins wrote:i really need to get over being intimidated by either players I've never played with before or people
i've been wrong about so many times i might cry again

law of averages, you'll eventually be right!

great song

In post 197, Edosurist wrote:
In post 188, Lucky2u wrote:Given the last few pages, I am less sure about that group.
I'd wager between TiP and Chamber for different reasons.
Despite being a dick, I think para is mostly town. The rainbow cat is probably scum in his group. He fence sat in 126 as a disclaimer and I don't like him blatantly asking for direction on reads for you and NM. seems like he is avoiding taking a stance.

Dafuq is this? I asked you if chamber is scum, and you gave me info on everybody else EXCEPT for him.

I'm glad to see you have reasoning here. Mind sharing your reasons?

dafuq is this response? you asked if chamber is scum and I answered that I was between him and TiP in that group. As it is impossible for BOTH to be scum, this is a relevant answer to make. why are you misrepresenting my answer as dodging here?

In post 198, Edosurist wrote:And anticipating that you're gonna ask why I thought my group was the NotMafia, I thought Lucky's touchiness around you indicated that he was town. I've changed my mind since then.

funny how you changing your mind happened around the same time that it was pointed out that claiming our group the all town group was bad...
In post 232, Bins wrote:
N_M as well.

that guy only ever makes big posts as scum.

freaky deeky.
one of the main reasons I'm actually ok with him staying under my radar for now.

I have vague recollections of playing on a scum team with N_M and I think that was true then... still, he doesn't get a by for sitting back and doing nothing. I'd like to see him contribute, and especially explain his read on me.

In post 256, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 249, Edosurist wrote:@NM - Did I not ask you for a reads list?

I think Bins is capable of not lol-hammering, so I feel safe with my vote.

I'm liking Bins, she looks like she;s genuinely trying to sort things, she being pretty stream of conciousness, I see nothing really crafted or deliberate in her posting.

My Inflateable Pie is a wtf read, I can barely follow a lot of what he says and when I can I almost never agree with it, gun to my head, I'd probably go town, because what's he's saying is all over the place but there's nothing directly contradictory or anything showing conflicting thought processes.

Rainbow Unicat contains Plotinus, who I know is a solid player as both town and scum, right now I'm null, I don't know Bellaphant too well and she hasn't been the active head. but in regards to Plotinus, she's a very methodical player as both alignments, her style doesn't waver too much, she's not someone I can read too well because she has a conistent style. If I was in that group i'd lynch the hydra just to sort the null read I'm wary of

Viewing your earlier posts in the lens of joking, I can buy it, your play since looks like a sincere attempt to interact with people and play the game.
Lucky... meh, a lynch a default, I can see him being scum, I can see him being town, I couldn't remember anything he posted off the top of my head, reviewing his iso there's not much of anything there and his diatribe about being town rings hollow.

The chamber, parama, TIP group I'm very ambivalent on, I like and agree with a lot of what parama has said on paper, but I still feel he's just casting his net as wide as possible and throwing any legitimate criticish of anyone he can find.

I don't reall have anything new to say about chamber, TIP looks scum but feels town.

oh hey look! he... sort of did? come on N_M this is super weak sauce...
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Bins »

not sure if n_m wants to prove me wrong

or i'm just wrong
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 257, TheIrishPope wrote:Looks scum but feels town? How does that work?

it works like this... you find a fence, sit on it, and reach behind you with your hands. thus you are feeling one thing and looking at another. That way you can't be held responsible for your actions...
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Bins »

i'm not gonna hammer anytime soon anyways cause i don't know yet
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 262, Bins wrote:i'm not gonna hammer anytime soon anyways cause i don't know yet

na, go ahead and hammer the rainbow. I think we are done with this day...
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Parama »

^NO
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Parama »

on one hand i don't think lucky would intentionally suggest himself being lynched as scum, on the other hand that's just plain bad. proper post coming in a minute tho
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 265, Parama wrote:on the other hand that's just plain bad.

thanks! you said bad instead of stupid :)

it's the little things really...
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Parama »

oh good nm posted
no, we don't lynch hydras on null reads, i'm sorry. i mean, i hate hydras, they can go die etc. but you basically said "because i can't read this player, lynch them". thankfully this isn't your call.
the way you worded your comment on me is strange. if my criticism is
legitimate
then that implies there's no problem with me pointing it out. and i honestly don't see a reason to not point out every bad thing i see, bcuz it generates information and reactions from the player i'm calling out, whether they're town or scum
i'd be okay with you not having anything new on chamber if you had anything old to begin with, the most i've seen is that you don't agree with him re: theory
and your comment on irish is trash. useless trash.

i'm glad i'm not the only one completely confused by edo's 197.
i might be coming to conclusions too soon but here's what i feel like happened. after i made the initial comment about affirming your own group as town = scum, he wanted to backtrack on that opinion as soon as possible instead of having to defend it, so he tried to make a big deal out of nothing, but mostly just failed to because i literally don't see the problem in lucky's post. he used "and anyways i changed my mind" as a defense pretty soon after in 198 and 212 which is in line with this theory, so
oh hey lucky caught that too. alright. i'm liking lucky more now.

considering i'm now unhappy with one of the two wagons at lynch vote right now, i'm gonna
UNVOTE:
until NM or Edo moves their vote to a less sucky place. NM hasn't really defending his stance on Lucky very well and Edo literally has no case against Lucky and having both of them vote someone who's looking better to me each time he posts is really uncomfortable
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

At first I liked not mafia's post because I like being told that I am a good player especially when I'm having confidence problems this game but he's basically suggesting that I should be lynched because I'm a strong player and my scum game is scary but there's a 7/9 chance that we're town this game (spoiler: we are) in which case we'd be a strong asset to town.

anyway lots of words to say you're null on everybody (and this reads list looks so different from my own that i wonder if we're viewing the game from the same alignment)

his reads list is:

town:
himself presumably
bins

maaaaaaaaybe town:
edosurist, tip

maaaaaaaaaaaybe town idek:
pie
camber

the 2015s are too good at mafia let's lynch them:
rainbow unicat

maaaaaaaaybe scum but idek:
lucky

maaaaaaybe scum:
parama

--Plotinus
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by Parama »

that's nice, so you have exactly one solid read and the rest are all maaaaaaybe accurate
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:35 pm

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

to be clear, that's not my reads list that's not mafia's readslist based on his and a quick ISO to see what he was saying about chamber. You're saying the same thing about it that i was saying about it.

my own reads list is mostly unchanged since I posted:

In post 126, Rainbow Unicat wrote:Finally finished trying to make sense of Bins' ISO.

VOTE: InflateablePie

bella, you can change this if you want if you explain it to me. let's talk sometime later.

reads:

town to scum:
bins, inflatablepie
parama, {chamber, theirishpope} (not sure about the order here)
not mafia, edosurist, lucky2u

but not mafia's position is falling as a result of his own readslist. i'm only really on the fence about chamber/irish at this point but i'll look at ISOs and try to make up my mind about them soon.

--Plotinus
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by Edosurist »

In post 259, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 197, Edosurist wrote:
In post 188, Lucky2u wrote:Given the last few pages, I am less sure about that group.
I'd wager between TiP and Chamber for different reasons.
Despite being a dick, I think para is mostly town. The rainbow cat is probably scum in his group. He fence sat in 126 as a disclaimer and I don't like him blatantly asking for direction on reads for you and NM. seems like he is avoiding taking a stance.

Dafuq is this? I asked you if chamber is scum, and you gave me info on everybody else EXCEPT for him.

I'm glad to see you have reasoning here. Mind sharing your reasons?

dafuq is this response? you asked if chamber is scum and I answered that I was between him and TiP in that group. As it is impossible for BOTH to be scum, this is a relevant answer to make. why are you misrepresenting my answer as dodging here?

I was referring to "for different reasons." What are you reasons? I'm trying to pry some sort of analysis out of you.[/quote]

In post 198, Edosurist wrote:And anticipating that you're gonna ask why I thought my group was the NotMafia, I thought Lucky's touchiness around you indicated that he was town. I've changed my mind since then.

funny how you changing your mind happened around the same time that it was pointed out that claiming our group the all town group was bad...

I think I already admitted that I changed my mind because Parama asked me to explain, and on review, I didn't read you as strongly as I did before.

I also asked you for a reads list earlier. I'm still waiting on that.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by Parama »

o

someone remind to read better at 2 AM
or better yet sleep
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 271, Edosurist wrote:I think I already admitted that I changed my mind because Parama asked me to explain, and on review, I didn't read you as strongly as I did before.

one quick scan of your iso later:

LIAR. you did not change your mind for that reason. you did not say even the slightest indication of anything similar. you quoted one post, made some confusing accusation, and then never mentioned it again.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 269, Parama wrote:that's nice, so you have exactly one solid read and the rest are all maaaaaaybe accurate

How do you make that mistake when one of the reads is 'himself' and she put himself in the scum section?
Taking a break from the site.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”