singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 1072, Klingoncelt wrote:*And I did comment on it. I pointed out that it's not really a wagon.

Yeah I got that, but that's not the point. There was clearly an opportunity to say why it didn't matter, why Muffin cared, what you thought about it.

You stated a fact. You didn't include any of your own commentary. I was asking you why. The closest you've come to giving your own insight/input on the matter is saying that it wasn't worth looking at. That wasn't communicated to Muffin at the time, which would've allowed for a conversation or insight as to why Muffin felt it necessary to say something about it.

My point is, comment like that serve no purpose in advancing the gamestate because it didn't seem like you really cared to learn about Muffin's alignment based on something you clearly had an opinion about.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: littlegumball

Recent push on grib sucks
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

In post 1076, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: littlegumball

Just reread it. Not a push. Gumball themselves realized their argument was clutter too and dropped it. I still think it's strange that they said it at all and I'd like them to talk about it, but calling it a push is telling me that you didn't read the situation there.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by singersigner »

@Oversoul:
In post 3421, singersigner wrote:Wisdom also never responded to my points last night and instead decided to take the opportunity to rehash how I must be scum for making the mistake of trying when I was clearly over my head, failing to explain why that makes me scummy and only reaffirming why he's been terrible this game.
Would not hesitate at a policy lynch,
hence my "would lynch either of them" comment that apparently made me opportunistic once the deciding vote was placed. Good times!

In post 4955, singersigner wrote:
In post 4948, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 4947, singersigner wrote:I'm not gunna lie, I'm not going to be willing to avoid your lynch for long.

I'm kind of wondering why you're doing it now.
Why are you doing it now?

UT's the kind of person I can't read. So. I don't.
But he's also not the kind of person I policy lynch.
So. I don't.

In post 481, singersigner wrote:Oof, the replacement request has been out for a few days.

I'm not really sure what to do here. Normally in a regular game (especially in larges)
I'd advocate just lynching the slot instead of waiting for a replacement,
simply because it's pretty much in the plan anyway. But...it's a newbie game so I feel like it'd be unfair to disregard the opportunity for a claim.

What I'm talking about is basically a policy lynch=lynching based off of a pre-set standard as opposed to in game related posting.
Other examples include lynching all liars (proven fake claims for example), or lynching someone you've played with in the past who's proven to be a substantially weak player as either alignment (this one doesn't get used as often anymore).[

We know that Ravyn is here, and we can keep him accountable, but I feel like everyone's in agreement that we're working with a scum team anyway. Waiting for a replacement is only wasting our time, AND the replacement's...

In post 151, singersigner wrote:On policy lynches...so they are and they aren't scummy I guess.
I'm in the minority of agreeing with them because I think there's a lot to learn from them with regards to why, when, and now they happen.
I would never do it in a newbie game in part because of sheer size of them, as well as because of the setup. I don't think here is the time nor the place to do it, and if you are curious as to my thoughts on the matter, I'm more than willing to delve into specifics after the game. Seeing as y'all are arguing about 'compromising' on a lynch to avoid a no-lynch, it's kind of a moot point? There's a difference between compromising, and policy. I've done it several times to my dismay. It doesn't give town much information on wagons, but allows for information on flips, etc.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by singersigner »

I'm sure there's more if I went further back in my history, but the last quote from a newbie game over a year ago should explain my thoughts on PLs pretty sufficiently.

Were you hoping to catch me lying or doing something out of character? Because I can't make these things up, lol.

I like tomatoes.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Policy lynches.

Except lynching liars!!!
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by singersigner »

...huh?

I like tomatoes.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

So.. Firebringer. Did I get your name wrong before? I don't remember.

What I'm getting from this is that you agree with policy lynches being a thing, but disagree with that one particular type, lynch all liars? Am I close? I don't know what you mean.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by Titus »

Official Vote Count 1.12

Klingoncelt
(5): Grib, mastin2, Oversoul, Atum, Muffin
Bulbazoor
(4): Gratuitous, TriforceP, Banana Frog, Firebringer
Atum
(2): PeregrineV, The Blue Blur
Oversoul
(2): Drizzx, LittleGumball
Firebringer
(2): singersigner, Klingoncelt
Grib
(1): Prolapsed Brain
singersigner
(1): Bulbazoor
Gratuitous
(1): Quoth The Pidgeon
LittleGumball
(1): Flubbernugget

Not Voting
(2): MaxwellPuckett, The Goat

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-08-23 15:55:25)

Deadline has been added to the front page. Minor changes to the formatting of the playerlist have been done to ease automation of the votecounts. Doublechecked and Drizzx is due a prod for this game. I originally said no prods needed.

Prod on Gratuitous rescinded because I forgot he put a VLA.

mastin2 is vla on weekends otherwise she'd be prodded as well.
Last edited by Titus on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1075, singersigner wrote:
In post 1072, Klingoncelt wrote:*And I did comment on it. I pointed out that it's not really a wagon.

Yeah I got that, but that's not the point. There was clearly an opportunity to say why it didn't matter, why Muffin cared, what you thought about it.

You stated a fact. You didn't include any of your own commentary. I was asking you why. The closest you've come to giving your own insight/input on the matter is saying that it wasn't worth looking at. That wasn't communicated to Muffin at the time, which would've allowed for a conversation or insight as to why Muffin felt it necessary to say something about it.

My point is, comment like that serve no purpose in advancing the gamestate because it didn't seem like you really cared to learn about Muffin's alignment based on something you clearly had an opinion about.

Okay, I think I get what you're saying now.

I don't post lots and when I do I like to keep my posts short.

You may recall that I was in an extended conversation in and around another player, that bit of business left me somewhat... hmm... I'll use the word "preoccupied."

I'm kinda ditzy too, a lot of stuff gets past me on the first read.

What do you think of Muffin's concern?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1082, MaxwellPuckett wrote:So.. Firebringer. Did I get your name wrong before? I don't remember.

What I'm getting from this is that you agree with policy lynches being a thing, but disagree with that one particular type, lynch all liars? Am I close? I don't know what you mean.

No I meant other way.

Lynch all liars.

Not any other policy lynch.
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Alright. Don't know how you meant to convey that with your earlier post, but cool.
So anyways, what are you trying to say exactly? Singer shouldn't policy lynch? You think the policy votes against elusive were bad? Scummy? Were you just stating an opinion? :D
Drizzx
Drizzx
Townie
Drizzx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Drizzx »

Posting here. I will check everything tonifhr as i wasn't here yesterday
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Quoth The Pidgeon »

Flubber is town

/fart
AngryPidgeon and TellTaleHeart

Imagination, of course, can open any door - turn the key
and let terror walk right in.
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:39 pm

Grub is pretty obvious scum though.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1086, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Alright. Don't know how you meant to convey that with your earlier post, but cool.
So anyways, what are you trying to say exactly? Singer shouldn't policy lynch? You think the policy votes against elusive were bad? Scummy? Were you just stating an opinion? :D

Policy lynches are generally scummy

But if what singer says is true that they always do it I guess with meta can't lynch based just on that.

I mean policy lynch is basically saying "you don't play how we want you get lynched" it's bullying players to conform to play styles and I find it shitty thing to do.
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Post by TriforceP »

In post 1090, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1086, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Alright. Don't know how you meant to convey that with your earlier post, but cool.

But if what singer says is true that they always do it I guess with meta can't lynch based just on that.

I mean policy lynch is basically saying "you don't play how we want you get lynched" it's bullying players to conform to play styles and I find it shitty thing to do.

On the other hand, if one player is keeping multiple from enjoying the game, such as in this case, then the lynch could very well be justified. I don't support all policy lynches either, but there are always exceptions.
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

You're right, that would be a sucky push... if it was a push. Which it wasn't. It was just annoyance that a random conversation that had literally nothing to do with mafia at all started happening in a mafia game.

@Max, I don't know why it bothered me so much but it did. You have played with me briefly, in Star Trek DS9 (ongoing game). I'm townreading you because you come off as clearheaded, intelligent, and rational, and also partially my gut. (got dem gud vibes) The best I can do on Day 1 is ask myself who DOESN'T look like they might be hiding malicious intentions and you're one of those people that comes off like that to me.

(inb4 i read you like that every game and you're scum every game :shifty: )
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Are we lynching bulbazoor today? Plot? Mastin? Cause if we aren't lynching obv scum, then he's the next best I guess. But I'd still lynch KC. Shrug ,
shrug
shrug
I'm drunk but also had a cigar so I'm kinda light headed.

Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Firebringer replaced obvtown. Sonic Uhhhh ya can we use investigates on them? Cause I doubt I'll have a good read on them this game and having them confirmed either way would be unicorns and rainbows

LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 1067, Grib wrote:If you don't feel strongly about lynching someone, let's try the reverse. Is there anyone (else) you would strongly oppose lynching?

Well if you look at my most recent post of opinions, there's a couple people that I'm townreading. I think it's safe to say that I'm not willing to lynch my townreads.
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Why is singer still voting for elusive. I just. Ugh. We aren't lynching that. Or atum. Or oversoul. Find better wagons plz.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1091, TriforceP wrote:
In post 1090, Firebringer wrote:

On the other hand, if one player is keeping multiple from enjoying the game, such as in this case, then the lynch could very well be justified. I don't support all policy lynches either, but there are always exceptions.

How do you ever know scum aren't pushing on a policy lynch?

Perhaps one town is annoyed calls for it, then scum jumps on claiming they are also annoyed by the player.

No one scum read the player, completely because maybe 1 person followed by group mentality to get rid of.

that sounds fine?

Here is what you do.
1) ignore the player.
2) ask to be replaced out
3) tough it out and never play with that player again.

Personally I don't like any if the above except maybe ignore. They are still better than altering the game because if personnel grudges.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1089, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:

Grub is pretty obvious scum though.

I'll run an iso tomorrow

Case summaries or significant post numbers would be appreciated

Also UNVOTE:
Quoth The Pidgeon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Quoth The Pidgeon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:55 pm

In post 1046, Gratuitous wrote:Back from V/LA and starting to catch-up. Looks like the thread kicked into high gears based on the page #'s

In post 1008, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 997, Plotinus wrote:
In post 938, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: klingon

Wagon

This game looks toxic as fuck

how much of the game thread have you read before placing this vote and is the toxic comment related to your klingon vote? You say wagon but there are other wagons too and many of them are of similar size. Why is this the wagon you’re happiest joining at this moment in time?

—Plotinus

I've only read the mod iso

Klingon is the biggest wagon so I sheeped it

Why did you feel the need to vote before catching up?

Lynch this wtf. This isn't town you dummies

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”