Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 590, Grib wrote:
In post 589, The Blue Blur wrote:Also, I'm glad people want to ride Matsin's belief on Kling because Matsin is OP or some shit.

I'm not impressed

How many people are sheeping mastin for that reason, exactly?

More undeserved town points
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 783, Grib wrote:Sorry, new friends keep suckering me into Skype as soon as I get off work and then the day passes me by.

In post 774, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I don't like them making a judgement on Oversoul based on their scumread of Klingoncelt. Also, the fact that they don't appear to be thinking about their reads. Like, reconsidering them as events happen. A and B are town because X and Y. End.

But the latter is actually something I can only make a proper judgement on if they post more. Which I want them to do.

That's how I play. I've been accused of being stubborn with my reads, and sometimes it's true. Other times, I'm not stubborn enough. Trying to find the balance.

Pidgeon, I see you think I townread elusive too early or something. I have lots of offsite experience with her; she is ridiculously transparent. She is the only person I would safely bet on a complete meta read of (which I started doing after my second game with her). Also, my avatar is fantastic.

Klingon's reads are actually really bad. Her scumreads are almost exactly my townreads, so that really needs to die.

Last paragraph is of interest. Should check surrounding wagons but I've said I'd do that for something else and already forgot what that was so *shrug*
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Well holy shit I'm already done his iso

So his scummiest attribute as of right now is his post count
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1079, singersigner wrote:I'm sure there's more if I went further back in my history, but the last quote from a newbie game over a year ago should explain my thoughts on PLs pretty sufficiently.

Were you hoping to catch me lying or doing something out of character? Because I can't make these things up, lol.

No, it just isn't a trait I visualize when I think about your play.
TriforceP
TriforceP
Goon
TriforceP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by TriforceP »

In post 1097, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1091, TriforceP wrote:
In post 1090, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1086, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Alright. Don't know how you meant to convey that with your earlier post, but cool.
So anyways, what are you trying to say exactly? Singer shouldn't policy lynch? You think the policy votes against elusive were bad? Scummy? Were you just stating an opinion? :D

Policy lynches are generally scummy

But if what singer says is true that they always do it I guess with meta can't lynch based just on that.

I mean policy lynch is basically saying "you don't play how we want you get lynched" it's bullying players to conform to play styles and I find it shitty thing to do.

On the other hand, if one player is keeping multiple from enjoying the game, such as in this case, then the lynch could very well be justified. I don't support all policy lynches either, but there are always exceptions.

How do you ever know scum aren't pushing on a policy lynch?

Perhaps one town is annoyed calls for it, then scum jumps on claiming they are also annoyed by the player.

No one scum read the player, completely because maybe 1 person followed by group mentality to get rid of.

that sounds fine?

Here is what you do.
1) ignore the player.
2) ask to be replaced out
3) tough it out and never play with that player again.

Personally I don't like any if the above except maybe ignore. They are still better than altering the game because if personnel grudges.

Point taken. I step down, sir.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1099, Quoth The Pidgeon wrote:
In post 1046, Gratuitous wrote:Back from V/LA and starting to catch-up. Looks like the thread kicked into high gears based on the page #'s

In post 1008, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 997, Plotinus wrote:
In post 938, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: klingon

Wagon

This game looks toxic as fuck

how much of the game thread have you read before placing this vote and is the toxic comment related to your klingon vote? You say wagon but there are other wagons too and many of them are of similar size. Why is this the wagon you’re happiest joining at this moment in time?

—Plotinus

I've only read the mod iso

Klingon is the biggest wagon so I sheeped it

Why did you feel the need to vote before catching up?

Lynch this wtf. This isn't town you dummies

But what about grib?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1036, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 1026, Prolapsed Brain wrote:I have made the point before that when someone says "my internet went out" or "my post vanished" that they're much more likely to be scum.

[citation needed]

I noted this could be a convenient way to cast doubt on a player well on their way to a lynch but it was posted in reference to bulb after his wagon died so there is no damning evidence here
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: gratuitous

Sheeping 1099
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Perhaps one town is annoyed calls for it, then scum jumps on claiming they are also annoyed by the player.

No one scum read the player, completely because maybe 1 person followed by group mentality to get rid of.

that sounds fine?

Here is what you do.
1) ignore the player.

Fire, you're fairly new to this site. It's VERY active, there are lots of members. It isn't a place where nonconformists can be bullied. Sure, there are those that try, but they rarely succeed.

It
is
a place where bad players get their shit called out. There are several players on this site that go batshit (as either alignment) whenever someone votes for them.

Who the fuck do they think they are? What the fuck makes them so goddamn special that no one's allowed to vote for them, much less lynch them?

Right now I have people voting for me. I'm Town. So, either they're derp, they misjudged, or they're Scum. I'm not going to flip out on them. We all get mislynched at some point as Town - and we all get justifiably lynched at some point as Scum. Anyone turning into a psychotroll over normal gameplay deserves a PL.

Personally I don't like any if the above except maybe ignore. They are still better than altering the game because if personnel grudges.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Post by The Blue Blur »

In post 1021, Banana Frog wrote:
In post 1012, The Blue Blur wrote:What?! Bulba has been doing plenty of scumhunting...

He's still a strong town read of mine

Singer slot could be "scum" as in "SK scum". I do see it.

defend your buddy harder. Also, are you selectively scumhunting? Is the SK a bigger threat to your faction than the mafia?

In post 1017, Bulbazoor wrote:
This is itself is weak. Why do you keep assuming I was asking for towncred when I have expressed that I do not care how you read me. I care a h out soling the game and singer is scum. That overall point he qas making is bad comparison with two players tha t are not the same person.

In post 1018, The Blue Blur wrote:Hi just checking in really quickly.

Im not sure why we are pushing bulba anymore and I challenge Plotfrog to check out Atu,, who hasnt posted in nearly 2 days, also Grib.

~Sala

I'm not interested in pushing on the lurkers right now and i had weak townvibes from Atu anyway. If they haven't posted in 2 days, they'll be prodded. I'm not the mod.

In post 1020, Bulbazoor wrote:
Yet to answer? Perhaps the most important part of my read is how they completely compare two different players. And perse was scummy.

The most important part of your read on singer is that she used pattern recognition when she found herself in a similar situation to one she had been in before? That's how this game is played. "Wait a minute I've seen that before" is a legit scumhunting tool.

--Plotinus

i hate this post, so im just going to put this here and say that im ignoring it
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by The Blue Blur »

btw atum's recent posts are obvscum

VOTE: atum
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Let me fix that:

that sounds fine?

Here is what you do.
1) ignore the player.

Fire, you're fairly new to this site. It's VERY active, there are lots of members. It isn't a place where nonconformists can be bullied. Sure, there are those that try, but they rarely succeed.

It
is
a place where bad players get their shit called out. There are several players on this site that go batshit (as either alignment) whenever someone votes for them.

Who the fuck do they think they are? What the fuck makes them so goddamn special that no one's allowed to vote for them, much less lynch them?

Right now I have people voting for me. I'm Town. So, either they're derp, they misjudged, or they're Scum. I'm not going to flip out on them. We all get mislynched at some point as Town - and we all get justifiably lynched at some point as Scum. Anyone turning into a psychotroll over normal gameplay deserves a PL.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by The Blue Blur »

klingon is still town

~sonic
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

i love how in this game everyone is going

"x is town" or "x is scum"

and leaving it at that

it really helps scumhunting in general and i really find it a convincing case
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Post by The Blue Blur »

littlegumball is also town

~sonic
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1113, LittleGumball wrote:i love how in this game everyone is going

"x is town" or "x is scum"

and leaving it at that

it really helps scumhunting in general and i really find it a convincing case

I agree with this post.

So much so that I am putting you in the town category.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Post by Banana Frog »

In post 1027, The Blue Blur wrote:Plot, Sonic has convinced me that Bulba is not a good lynch today and will be valuable later on.

As much as I enjoy lynching Bulba earlier, Im afraid Im quite pissed you waited until AFTER the extent of the Bulba wagon dissappated, you were busy attack others and catching up Plot.

I dont like your pushing.

~Sally

This is patently false and I don't know why you keep pushing this narrative. We voted Bulba on page 15. We stayed on Bulba until page 23 when we got distracted by Oversoul, who we now think is town. We went back to Bulba on page 29 and would have gone back to him a little sooner if we'd been awake/caught up/etc. We voted elusive on 35 which was 100% policy. As soon as it became clear that a policy lynch wasn't needed we went back to Bulba on page 38. We've been pushing Bulba for most of this time, just also looking around at other slots so that we don't get caught in a confirmation bias tunnel.

In post 1045, Flubbernugget wrote:Nobody can tell me I didn't try

Town points for trying!

--Plotinus
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by Banana Frog »

In post 1066, Firebringer wrote:So I looked at bulba posts.

He definitely seemed townish though I am not sure I would be able to tell if he was scum or not....

VOTE: Bulba

Until I get a better scum read or one at all.

ew

In post 1069, singersigner wrote:
by Banana...um, what made Bulb fake it and not elusive? :igmeou:

part of what looked fake was the way he was tagging on to elusive and jumping in to help her ask the mod about it. It just felt off. i guess if you're scumreading her and not him then it would make sense for you to feel the reverse about it that she was the one fake townslipping and he was just n00bslipping. Anyway, this isn't the cornerstone in our case against Bulba, just a piece of it.

--Plotinus
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
LittleGumball
LittleGumball
Goon
LittleGumball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by LittleGumball »

In post 1114, The Blue Blur wrote:littlegumball is also town

~sonic

not sure if real opinion or ironic sarcasm
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by Banana Frog »

In post 1117, Banana Frog wrote:
In post 1066, Firebringer wrote:So I looked at bulba posts.

He definitely seemed townish though I am not sure I would be able to tell if he was scum or not....

VOTE: Bulba

Until I get a better scum read or one at all.

ew

I mean "thanks for joining the wagon i'm pushing" (but this vote is sketchy and makes me feel uncomfortable)

--Plotinus
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I said I can't read bulbs so my initial thoughts of town, I myself question.

How is that sketchy?
The Blue Blur
The Blue Blur
Goon
The Blue Blur
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Post by The Blue Blur »

In post 1118, LittleGumball wrote:
In post 1114, The Blue Blur wrote:littlegumball is also town

~sonic

not sure if real opinion or ironic sarcasm

both, actually :)

~sonic
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Banana Frog »

@Firebringer Maybe I misread you, then. It looked like you were still townreading him in the post where you joined the wagon. Even if he's null, it's a bit early for compromising and makes it look like you don't really care who gets lynched / it looked like you were just sheeping our push on him.

Since you played with him before, can you talk some about the game he was scum in because I wasn't following all that closely. Are there any parallels you can draw or points of contrast?

Also, looking at the last vote count, it's giving me second thoughts but I need to look at this in more detail. ugh.

--Plotinus
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1122, Banana Frog wrote:@Firebringer Maybe I misread you, then. It looked like you were still townreading him in the post where you joined the wagon. Even if he's null, it's a bit early for compromising and makes it look like you don't really care who gets lynched / it looked like you were just sheeping our push on him.

Since you played with him before, can you talk some about the game he was scum in because I wasn't following all that closely. Are there any parallels you can draw or points of contrast?

Also, looking at the last vote count, it's giving me second thoughts but I need to look at this in more detail. ugh.

--Plotinus

In game I played he was very logical town. As scum

He also was bussing or planned to lynch his ally if it came to it.

He acted like very cautious town. As scum.

I called him scum once or twice but it was more out if paranoia than a strong read.

I don't know his best tells but that was my experience.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Banana Frog »

Thanks. That helps I think.

He's not playing logical town here. He's being tunnelling, not cautious I think.

Was he bussing in a tunnel or reluctantly? early or late?

--Plotinus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”