NY 188: Delicious Mafia II (Post-game chatter)

Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Kop »

In post 548, Kop wrote:
In post 64, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Oh god game going so fast already.
VOTE: boon

You know you want to vote him.

In post 136, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE: boon
VOTE: redff
Why not

In post 345, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: texcat

Don't buy the sal vote.

In post 347, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 346, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 64, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Oh god game going so fast already.
VOTE: boon

You know you want to vote him.

In post 136, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE: boon
VOTE: redff
Why not

In post 345, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: texcat

Don't buy the sal vote.

This is an FoS as well BTW.

First big game ive been in, in a while. Second all time. It's alot faster paced than I'm used to. I'll go ahead and CLAIM VT. All I have is my vote so I'm using it.

In post 351, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 348, texcat wrote:I concur with Wolfie's FOS, and why the unnecessary claim?

Why not?

In post 401, GrayFoxxxx wrote:[quote="In post 364 or keep being meh?

Probably this.

Maybe it will be good for my town meta variance.

Maybe scum won't believe I'm VT.

Maybe not.

I've been town like my last 4-5 games, just trying to mix it up this time.

In post 403, GrayFoxxxx wrote:On mobile, sorry for bad format.

In post 404, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 402, ika wrote:
In post 400, Shinobi wrote:I'm aware, but it's enough to consider the replace inconclusive.

thats what i meant if your responding to me. i think i jsut did wording fails

anyone want to tubo lynch SW so we dont have to get a replcemtn?

Sure I'm down for a quick D1 lynch

In post 524, GrayFoxxxx wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: TSO

I don't agree with wanting to turbo lynch a slot because that slot wants a replacement. That isn't town intentions, it's more like policy lynching.

Are we going to hear any inputs into these votes? Instead of just throwing votes around and seeing what sticks.[/quote]

And that turbo lynch is also in aimed at IKA for stating that.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:06 am

Post by ika »

go a problem with tubo lynching?
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:06 am

Post by Kop »

In post 525, Mahonster wrote:If TSO of all people was lynched today, that would be suuuper interesting.

How would it make it interesting?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Kop »

In post 551, ika wrote:go a problem with tubo lynching?

The only time I will agree with a turbo lynch, is if they have been confirmed as scum to prevent WIFOM from that slot, in aim to muddy the waters.

I don't agree with turbo lynching is just for the sake of lynching someone.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:14 am

Post by Shinobi »

I have no idea what Shinobi is doing, I don't think Shinobi knows what Shinobi is doing.

Rofl.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:14 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 535, Skybird wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and out something now. Anna and I are in a neighborhood together. In the neighborhood Anna is saying she wants to lynch you. That's in post 6 so after the game you will see the proof of that statement. I suspect there are other neighborhoods. Her behavior there is also part of my scum read on her.

Skybird-As soon as the mod resends me my role PM, I want to ask you more about your neighborhood. Please remind me later or tomorrow. I need to see something first though.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 554, Shinobi wrote:
I have no idea what Shinobi is doing, I don't think Shinobi knows what Shinobi is doing.

Rofl.

didn't answer question, do you know what you're doing?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Shinobi »

Yeh I mostly voted you because I thought your read on Lapsa was kinda meh but that reaction seems fine.
UNVOTE:

Pedit: Sure, why not.
Creede73
Creede73
Townie
Creede73
Townie
Townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:17 am

Post by Creede73 »

In post 537, Spiffeh wrote:OMG Creede and Nos are so scum together amirite.

Why do you say that?
Creede73
Creede73
Townie
Creede73
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Creede73 »

In post 539, T S O wrote:
In post 533, Creede73 wrote:Although TSO is looking kinda suspicious

Why do you think this? As far as I can see, I'm nearly the only one who's given reads, nearly the only one actually trying to get my scumreads lynched. In fact, I'm nearly the only one playing the game. So I really don't get this.

You are most certainly not the only one giving reads. You aren't doing anything more than a lot of people are.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Skybird »

Your Mileage May Vary
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 460, Wake1 wrote:

1)
What do you feel about Lapsa saying SW was confScum? I asked him 'according to what.' What do you think?

I don't like when people say confirmed scum, no one is confirmed scum unless death flip or Lapsa is a day cop and looked at wolfie

2)
Do you think, since Boons and ika can hammer L-1, that they'd both hammer someone at L-2? I know that question is less pertinent, but I'd like to know what people think on this regardless.

Sure

3)
What do you think of Wolfie's play so far, and what do you think she's capable of?

I think they are capable of swearing.

4)
Since you are self-aware of your own play, are you willing to point out any of your alignment-indicative behaviors?

I self-aware? How do you know that?

5)
Do you think we should speedlynch, or take our time? Not asking that we drag it to the last day, but at least use our time somewhat wisely.

Go fast, it's a large and their are probably a bunch of power roles to thin the herd and make this game easier.

6)
Who do you want to hear more from? Who needs more pressure?

The people who haven't posted

7)
On my , I don't think players should be implying players are Town based on the assumption the game is singleball. I don't make assumptions: I keep all possibilities in the back of my mind, and play accordingly.

What is singleball?

8)
What do you think of where I spoke with nosferatu about sheeping?

thoughts
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Annadog40 »

In post 535, Skybird wrote:

I'm going to go ahead and out something now. Anna and I are in a neighborhood together. In the neighborhood Anna is saying she wants to lynch you. That's in post 6 so after the game you will see the proof of that statement. I suspect there are other neighborhoods. Her behavior there is also part of my scum read on her.

Not cool, I'm acting the same way there as I am here.
Lapsa
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Lapsa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Lapsa »

In post 538, T S O wrote:His scumread of me magically appeared out of nowhere in response to this, and he certainly hasn't explained it.

In post 377, Lapsa wrote:T S O - #26 and #27. wouldn't call that "almost immediately"

no discounts for you, Mr Thick Skull

In post 522, Kop wrote:I haven't finished reading through yet. Will post my thoughts once I have fully caught up.

have you caught up?
abcedminded
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:14 am

Post by Wake1 »

Spoiler: 0001
CTRL + F

[0000]
TSO

[0001]
Gamestate

[0000]
TSO
Mainly, I dislike TSO's thinking that RedFF is Town based on his assumption that this game is singleball.* Reading rather quickly up to this point, #563 @3pm CTZ 8/9/15, I don't think TSO has responded to me at all about this... Unless I have missed something, I don't understand why he would avoid me, and I do start to wonder when players are avoiding me, or deflecting, or trying to change the subject. Just makes me want to dig at it more, maybe unravel more stuff. Honestly, I can be as aggressive as I want to be to pry apart that crate, but I would rather TSO show me in-game respect by engaging me personally, in a manner a pro-Town player would. TSO knows that outside of this game we've got no problems, and that I like him, which also gives me some ephemeral reason to pause a moment... and think. I.... hm.... More pressure votes on TSO would be a good thing. I need to gauge him, and try to get at the root of why exactly he's behaving this way. Whatever the case, my curiosity has definitely piqued.

[0001]
Gamestate
At the present moment, I'm not certain what the Setup is. Unlike TSO, I don't think it is prudent to assume one way or another right now. I think we should keep the possibilities open in the back of our minds. It may be singleball, or it may be two 3-player Scum teams with Daytalk and a Serial Killer. Without further evidence, we cannot deduce further. What must not be done, is assuming the Setup is one way, and then deciding someone's alignment based on that assumption. It's a Closed Setup, with an unknown number and quantity of Scum factions, and, iirc, this game may not even be balanced. It could be sort of like my Freshwater Frenzy, which made full use of the new guidelines. Whatever the case, let's... let's keep an open mind and err on the side of caution. My nature is to suspect the worst and, even if it's not nearly as bad, player under those worst of conditions. Meaning, should we win and it not be the worst case scenario, splendid.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Aeronaut »

VC 1.5
VoteCount 1.5

With 21 alive it's 11 to lynch!

Mod Notes:

Thank you Cheetory!
Silverwolf's replace has been revoked before I could find a replacment, therefore she will remain in the game.

Skybird -

T S O -
Silverwolf, Lapsa, GrayFoxxxx
(L-8)

Ika -

Silverwolf -
RedFF
(L-10)

Shinobi -

Boonskiies -

Wake88 -
Ika
(L-10)

Ozgin -

Texcat -

Kop -

Zebulin -

Lapsa -

GrayFoxxxx -
Quaroath, T S O
(L-9)

Mahonster -
Boonskiies
(L-10)

Quaroath -

Creede73 -

RedFF -
Salamence20, Mahonster
(L-9)

Spiffeh -

Nosferatu -
Wake88, Spiffeh, Annadog40, Ozgin
(L-6)

Annadog40 -

Salamence20 -
texcat
(L-10)

Not Voting
-
Kop, Zebulin, Nosferatu, Skybird, Creede73, Shinobi

Food Queue -
Chocolate Cake, Steak

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2015-08-19 23:30:32)
2023 W/L | 1-0
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:37 am

Post by SilverWolf »

@Aero
-check your inbox
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Has Zebulin said anything in this game?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:22 am

Post by T S O »

In post 564, Wake1 wrote:Mainly, I dislike TSO's thinking that RedFF is Town based on his assumption that this game is singleball. Reading rather quickly up to this point, I don't think TSO has responded to me at all about this... Unless I have missed something, I don't understand why he would avoid me, and I do start to wonder when players are avoiding me, or deflecting, or trying to change the subject. Honestly, I can be as aggressive as I want to be to pry apart that crate, but I would rather TSO show me in-game respect by engaging me personally, in a manner a pro-Town player would.

It's just the way I play - it makes it simpler for me, and it usually works out well, like here. It's not alignment indicative, since I'd say it even if I was scum, and I just didn't see a need to address it with you because I don't feel like changing my mind on it and getting sidetracked is oh-so-easy.

In post 564, Wake1 wrote:More pressure votes on TSO would be a good thing.

People can do what they want, but I'd really rather it be something productive. Hint: vote Grey.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:24 am

Post by T S O »

In particular, it means that on day 1, people can't doubtcast legitimate attacks on scum by saying that the attacker could be on another scumteam, which forces the attacker to relent and the pressure to drop. Lynching scum is lynching scum, and if it -is- multiball, we should be encouraging the scumteams to play each other offensively, and if it's singleball, then it's still correct.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:26 am

Post by T S O »

Shinobi; you might think that my case on Lapsa is weak, which is somewhat true, but #377 is the shittiest attempt at a rebuttal ever. He literally cannot justify his thought processes multiple times. Even if he's just atrociously bad, his thoughts should still be clear in his head and explainable. That he can't do it speaks extremely poorly towards his alignment.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:27 am

Post by T S O »

I actually didn't bother remarking on it since I thought it was so bad, but when he quoted it like it was somehow legitimate...
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:28 am

Post by T S O »

In post 567, Annadog40 wrote:Has Zebulin said anything in this game?

No, and presumably the mod is doing something about that. In the meantime, do you have any reads?
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:29 am

Post by T S O »

In post 559, Creede73 wrote:
In post 539, T S O wrote:
In post 533, Creede73 wrote:Although TSO is looking kinda suspicious

Why do you think this? As far as I can see, I'm nearly the only one who's given reads, nearly the only one actually trying to get my scumreads lynched. In fact, I'm nearly the only one playing the game. So I really don't get this.

You are most certainly not the only one giving reads. You aren't doing anything more than a lot of people are.

I don't have an interest in debating with you whether I am the most pro-town player in the game or not. It'll happen anyway. In the meantime, didn't you think I looked suspicious? I'm still not clear why that was.
-Marquis
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Wake1 »

Spoiler: 0002
CTRL + F

[0000]
TSO

[0001]
Gamestate

[0002]
ika

[0000]
TSO
Mainly, I dislike TSO's thinking that RedFF is Town based on his assumption that this game is singleball.* Reading rather quickly up to this point, #563 @3pm CTZ 8/9/15, I don't think TSO has responded to me at all about this... Unless I have missed something, I don't understand why he would avoid me, and I do start to wonder when players are avoiding me, or deflecting, or trying to change the subject. Just makes me want to dig at it more, maybe unravel more stuff. Honestly, I can be as aggressive as I want to be to pry apart that crate, but I would rather TSO show me in-game respect by engaging me personally, in a manner a pro-Town player would. TSO knows that outside of this game we've got no problems, and that I like him, which also gives me some ephemeral reason to pause a moment... and think. I.... hm.... More pressure votes on TSO would be a good thing. I need to gauge him, and try to get at the root of why exactly he's behaving this way. Whatever the case, my curiosity has definitely piqued.

[0002]
ika
From what I remember of ika in past games, I could have sworn he, as Town, got more involved in the game, and made large and thorough posts. Don't quote me on this. This game, it's like he's a much different person, now. Taciturn... obstinate? My feelers are out. He's ignoring me, and avoiding me, and refusing to really engage with me on anything. I'm not a bad player, and I don't think I deserve being ignored like that, in a sort of dismissive way. He's just... apathetic this game, and, from my limited experience with him, this is new. I don't think any of those traits necessarily make him Scum, but they don't make him pro-Town one bit. I don't understand his extreme refusal to even engage me, and I'm being nice and respectful towards him, to boot! This gives me just reason to wonder. I don't understand it, he won't talk, and it's just... new, in not a good way. Where's the old ika who'd at least argue with me a lot and try to sort me out? The guy who'd challenge my points, and get me talking. Not getting any of that from him this game yet. He's also saying it's singleball when we can't know that. * I think what really hurts Town is players who just refuse to be helpful. That's how ika is playing so far, and it's not going to help things at all this game. Refusing to talk and using the ISO excuse to not play is lame, and definitely anti-Town.* That 479 and his disrespectful insult in it just sucks. Not playing good there at all, assuming you're Town. If he's refusing to participate, and is just gonna be a jerk, I'd rather not have here any more. Honestly, I don't remember him being useless and mean like this across the forum. And to top it all off, he's now got me on ignore, like what the heck did I even do?*

[0001]
Gamestate
At the present moment, I'm not certain what the Setup is. Unlike TSO, I don't think it is prudent to assume one way or another right now. I think we should keep the possibilities open in the back of our minds. It may be singleball, or it may be two 3-player Scum teams with Daytalk and a Serial Killer. Without further evidence, we cannot deduce further. What must not be done, is assuming the Setup is one way, and then deciding someone's alignment based on that assumption. It's a Closed Setup, with an unknown number and quantity of Scum factions, and, iirc, this game may not even be balanced. It could be sort of like my Freshwater Frenzy, which made full use of the new guidelines. Whatever the case, let's... let's keep an open mind and err on the side of caution. My nature is to suspect the worst and, even if it's not nearly as bad, player under those worst of conditions. Meaning, should we win and it not be the worst case scenario, splendid.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”