Townie
Polter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Polter »

discordian algorithm wrote:
unvote vote:ojpower
I agree that Polter's conviction is unsettling, but pulsewidth would make a far harder target than ojpower. If ojpower is scum, it would make sense for a scummy Polter to attack someone else though, I'm not using it as a tell against Polter, but if ojpower is revealed as scum Polter will be next on my list.
Okay, I'm guessing that Pulse's next post will be "We should just replace ojpower."

Great, so we'd be getting rid of someone who isn't bothering to speak his mind, eh? Great, then the next person won't even have a clue why ojpower did that.

I was actually hoping to pull a lynching vote on ojpower, but seeing that DA is suddenly thinking that I'd be an idiot NOT to vote him...
Then again, I'm being hunted by Pulsewidth because DA voted the same as myself.

Unvote
. That whole first day was just useless accusations...
I'm hoping that mine won't have to be useless.
Yeah, I WILL be gone until Thursday being the earliest, no crap. You try moving, reading two books, and doing this all within a week.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:37 pm

Post by discordian algorithm »

Polter- you understand that my suspicion of you is conditional upon ojpower being scum, right? I am advocating an ojpower lynch for today, and if he is guilty I will be suspicious of you regardless of if you vote for him or not.
[i]The fivefold symmetry of the apple shows it's connection to the pentacle. Here, as in Eden, to bite from the apple is to know.[/i]
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by SirWario »

No, I'm not hasty. I'm stating my argument before things escalate and another person gets lynched due to terrible judgement.
And, I didn't "claim" any roles. I didn't "claim any inside info. I "claimed" the possibility of a role. Don't mix my words

Discordian was not going to be lynched anytime soon. She had two FOS's on her. I admit, I did phrase my sentiments pretty poorly. I meant to say that you hinted at having a power role, not claimed.
Had I known she was going to do that, I wouldn't have even bothered. Then again, how the hell can someone who is supposedly scum make such a terrible move?

This is just WIFOM.
Unvote. That whole first day was just useless accusations...
I'm hoping that mine won't have to be useless.

Why unvote here if you were so convinced Pulse is scum. You're explanation was extremely vague. Seems like you're just trying to appease Disco.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:12 pm

SirWario wrote:Seems like you're just trying to appease Disco.
I think you just made a good enough point to force me to make a lier out of myself.
unvote:ojpower vote:Polter
[i]The fivefold symmetry of the apple shows it's connection to the pentacle. Here, as in Eden, to bite from the apple is to know.[/i]
Polter
Polter
Townie
Polter
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:57 pm

Post by Polter »

The last 3 posts just made me realize how stupid you all are.

@DA's first post: No shit. But there ARE ten other people, you realize? If I voted the same as you, it would get both of us lynched.

@SirWario: Appeasing Disco? I thought I was "appeasing" you and Pulse. Sheesh, this confirms that nobody reads, neither the words as they are or between the lines.

@DA's second post: So much for trying to help you.
Yeah, I WILL be gone until Thursday being the earliest, no crap. You try moving, reading two books, and doing this all within a week.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by SirWario »

Why try to appease anyone. Stick behind your own suspicions.

Vote:Polter

On a side note, Ojpower i'm still extremely suspicious to me. I'm curious to how he pleas about the hammer. But i'm starting to think that explanation will never come, and we'll be forced to overlook such a horrid move.
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 am

Mod
Could you prod IH? He is ctive elsewhere on the site, but hasn't posted in this thread for more than 48 hours.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:17 am

Post by SirWario »

There are a few prods necessary, but I think JDodge is away. He hasn't posted in any of the games i'm in with him in awhile.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:26 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Vote: discordian algorithm

His latest posts haven't satisfied my way to let your scummy behaviour pass.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:13 am

Post by JDodge »

I will get to you soon; I am sick.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:19 am

Post by Zindaras »

Polter wrote:One, it's nice how you don't bother reading up on SPAG's side of the argument, instead claiming that a statement was in random voting stage, which obvoiusly makes it a random vote. Who the hell knows what is a random vote or not? I could make a random vote right now if I wanted to, just roll a die and stick with it. Or, I could make a deadset vote in the random stage, just based on one post from someone else.
If pulsewidth is wrong to assume it was random, then SPAG is equally wrong to assume it wasn't.
I believe DA to be innocent, though the fact that blatantly denying having an alt on the first page WAS a little rude.
Why are you all FoSing on DA? Because she was busy trying to figure out how many games SPAG has played. She said she was dead set on getting SPAG to -1, and he didn't even bother giving her any answers.
Because she did something which is bad for the town. Her claim was badly timed and didn't help the town at all. As I pointed out, Mason Traitors (and I would compare what she seems to have to Masons) are more likely to claim out of the blue than town Masons.
Guess what? You all brought SPAG to -1. In fact, you all LYNCHED him. Well, now that DA has gotten what she wanted and then some, you have all accomplished the whim of what was called an "artifical reasoning."

I'm not really sure why you would all suspect DA of being scum when 6 other people joined in the grand lynching of her target. It was YOUR ACTIONS, not hers, that killed SPAG. Great to know, eh?
This does not clear Dissy from anything. This can be said about
anyone
on the SPAGon.

To be honest, Polter, your eagerness to clear Dissy is somewhat...unsettling.
unvote vote:pulsewidth
Is Polter buddying up to me? Possibly, but my magic 8-ball says "NOT LIKELY"

I assumed that the Formula 1 theme had something to do with a crazy mechanic. If the theme was a tv show or movie I was not familiar with, I wouldn't have signed up. Now I feel like a liability to the town. Damn.
Votes without addressing anything, without explanation. Seems like OMGUS. I do not like this post.

Dissy switches to ojpower in 169. Another one I don't like.
Polter wrote:@DA's first post: No shit. But there ARE ten other people, you realize? If I voted the same as you, it would get both of us lynched.
I do not understand this paragraph.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
deadscilent
deadscilent
Townie
deadscilent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:49 pm

Post by deadscilent »

Sorry I havent been posting-- family issues...:/

I've read over everything.

Vote:Polter

For obvious reasons made clear by other players.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:47 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

I'm just letting everyone know, I am leaving for college in about 2 hours. I will not have computer access anywhere from a few hours to a few days, with me getting it back on Wednesday at the absolute latest.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ojpower
ojpower
Townie
ojpower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:24 am

Post by ojpower »

discordian algorithm wrote:Polter- you understand that my suspicion of you is conditional upon ojpower being scum, right? I am advocating an ojpower lynch for today, and if he is guilty I will be suspicious of you regardless of if you vote for him or not.
This is a definite tell.

It seems like you are saying as scum, that once you try and succeed to lynch me, you will lynch Polter no matter what.

Ahh.. That is so wrong.

vote: Discordian algorithm
ojpower
ojpower
Townie
ojpower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:25 am

Post by ojpower »

I agree that Polter's conviction is unsettling, but pulsewidth would make a far harder target than ojpower. If ojpower is scum, it would make sense for a scummy Polter to attack someone else though, I'm not using it as a tell against Polter, but if ojpower is revealed as scum Polter will be next on my list.
You seem to not want to lynch Polter, and you seem to know that if I come up town, then you will probably lay off Polter, and target someone else. Pretty compelling, I see.

You go after whoever the crowd wants to go after.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:09 am

Post by SirWario »

oj, how about explaining that hammer vote on SPAG?
ojpower
ojpower
Townie
ojpower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:23 am

Post by ojpower »

I hammered SPAG because I thought he was a distraction. Also, I blatantly don't like the way you asked that.
ojpower
ojpower
Townie
ojpower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:28 am

Post by ojpower »

Mod: please give us a votecount

CO: I would be happy to see him lynched now. I wanted pressure on him, and everything since then has been hella scummy. I think I have a good tell against pulsewidth. pulsewidth should follow him to the noose tomorrow.
Look, there goes again. This is from Day 1. He was willing to see SPAG lynched, and wanted to go against pulsewidth tomorrow. How come such a change in tone? On day 2, you have said you wanted me lynched, and Polter afterwards no matter what my alignment is.
SirWario
SirWario
Goon
SirWario
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:59 am

Post by SirWario »

ojpower wrote:I hammered SPAG because I thought he was a distraction. Also, I blatantly don't like the way you asked that.

Why would you hammer him for being a "distraction". Could you elaborate on that?

I don't care if you don't like how asked you. That was the prime question everyone had on you since the start of the day and you simply ignored it. Someone who makes the final lynching vote should have some legitimate reason for it. You said nothing. Why didn't you just say that he was a distraction when you made the vote or anything for that matter.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:47 am

Post by IH »

ok guys this game kind of slunk of from me for some reason. I'll try to make something useful sometime soon.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:54 am

Post by pulsewidth »

Agreed. ojpower, that was a perfectly legitimate question to ask you. If you had read the thread, you should've known it was coming. Everyone was wondering what was up with that hammer vote, especially since you made it at the time with no reasoning at all.

FoS
on discordian algorithm for being too lynch-happy, and vote-hopping without good explanations.

My reads so far:

Likely scum: Polter, DA - both have shown lots of scummy behavior; Polter for his defense of DA and his poor reasons for voting me / DA for reasons stated in my FoS.

Neutral: deadscilent, IH, Kaleidoscope - haven't really seen enough content from them to get a read.

Likely town: Zindaras, SirWario - Both have made good arguments and provided good reasons for their votes.
ojpower
ojpower
Townie
ojpower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by ojpower »

[quote="SirWario"T You said nothing. Why didn't you just say that he was a distraction when you made the vote or anything for that matter.[/quote]

He could have easily weaseled out of that situation, and I thought he was a distraction and most likely scum, so what's wrong with going with my gut?
pulsewidth
pulsewidth
Goon
pulsewidth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by pulsewidth »

Weaseled out of what? Once you place the hammer, he's done. There's nothing to weasel out of any longer. All you had to was provide an explanation for your hammer vote, but you didn't. Generally, not giving reasons for placing a vote is considered scummy, ESPECIALLY when its a hammer vote.

EBWOP: Forgot to include ojpower in my scum readings above - I put him in the "leaning toward scum" category. Reasons: SPAG hammer with no explanation, and now his reason for his lack of explanation doesn't jive.
FoS: ojpower
discordian algorithm
discordian algorithm
Townie
discordian algorithm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Patience is a virtue, especially in this mafia game. Despite the theme.

ojpower waited to make his first post, and he was able to hammer with it. He then waited again past the early phase of Day 2. If he would've posted frequently at the beginning the pressure would've been strong. Now the pressure on him is not strong at all.

I decided it was a good idea to show a little patience before responding to his posts.
ojpower wrote:
discordian algorithm wrote:Polter- you understand that my suspicion of you is conditional upon ojpower being scum, right? I am advocating an ojpower lynch for today, and if he is guilty I will be suspicious of you regardless of if you vote for him or not.
This is a definite tell.

It seems like you are saying as scum, that once you try and succeed to lynch me, you will lynch Polter no matter what.

Ahh.. That is so wrong.

vote: Discordian algorithm
No. It is very clear that I will only think that he is scum if you prove to be. If we search your hung corpse and find evidence that you are a townie, I will be far less suspicious of him.
ojpower
ojpower
Townie
ojpower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by ojpower »

That's BS. I find it also very interesting that you are trying to deflect the attention of yourself by voting me.

I hammered on Day 1. How come you wait till now to put the vote back on? It looks like you are just trying to find someone to latch onto.

I saw something about Pulsewidth. Something odd, I think I'll try to spot it after I read back again.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”