Newbie 1625: American Spring - Day 5 (DL - 08/31)

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Thespio »

@Joram, thats why I asked what does BBT gain from the false claim?
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Akuseru »

*facepalm* Does that mean it's 1-shot bullet + bulletproof...or bulletproof just works once....
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Thespio »

Just 1x Bullet Proof not 1 shot bullet
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Thespio »

In post 1, fferyllt wrote:1-SHOT BULLETPROOF TOWNIE
Welcome!

You are a 1-shot Bulletproof Townie.

You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.
Welcome!You are a 1-shot Bulletproof Townie.You will survive 1 kill attempt during the game. This does not include lynches.You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.The game thread is here.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Akuseru »

Derp.

Anyways, here's a quick defense. It's know its not much but I feel like you guys should consider it:

I’ve been on bulba’s case since Day 1. Yes I had good reasons for stoz and that’s why I decided to stick with him as my lynch (also I knew that I wouldn’t be able to get a bubla wagon on my own). As you guys have seen throughout the game, I stick to people I find suspicious. Why would I stick to bulba from the get-go, and continue to try to get my scum buddy lynched from the beginning to the end of Day 2 when scum was ALREADY DOWN 1 NIGHT KILL!

Day 1

In post 415, Akuseru wrote:
In post 403, Bulbazoor wrote:Unlike stoz.
Who is trying to switch into another wagon.

In post 403, Bulbazoor wrote:...joram trying to actually live and follow his reads.

So you're saying you'd rather vote stoz because unlike joram who's trying live and follow his reads, stoz tried to switch to another wagon?

But...

In post 270, JoramvanVugt wrote:UNVOTE: Thespio
VOTE: Stoz

Ill jump on the bandwaggon

And please cop invest me tonight and you will find out that im actually town

Yup, that unvote on thespio is a sure sign he's following his scum read, unlike stoz who tries to switch into another wagon.

bulbazoor, try again, please.

In post 418, Akuseru wrote:UNVOTE:

Bulbazoor, I'm not trying to get you to join a bandwagon. Your confidence in Joram being town is bugging me. You're too sure but your reasoning is terrible. So help me understand you. Why should we be voting stoz over Joram?

In post 422, Akuseru wrote:In post 420, Bulbazoor wrote:
I am having trouble wowndering why everyome is not questioning not. I stand by my reasoning. Joram can not say for one ton investigate him if he is scum. I do not think newbiemplayers use that strong of ate. If he does not know themechanicd of this site, why would he even try that?

Can you go over the words I underlined. Questioning who? Strong bait? He doesn't know the mechanics of this site?

Sorry if my constant questioning is bugging you. I'm trying to take advantage of the moment and get a better read on you.

In post 429, Akuseru wrote:
Spoiler: Posting my reads since I'll be pretty busy this weekend
FoS list (in descending order):

red=scum reading
white=null (dual colours means null but leaning scum/town)
green = town reading

stoz

2.Bulba
zoor

3.Mi
cc

2.StubbsKVM/JoramvanVugt
5. notsc
ience

HenryCabotLodge/Thespio

Stubbs is down to null because I told myself that if he brought any attention back to the micc/questioning discussion I would give him town points (ie: [Referring to the my earlier posts at Stubbs] My main issue with him was I thought he could be scum because he was trying to avoid answering the question/deflect it to something else (I even accused him of attempting to discredit micc) to distance himself from the issue. He brought it up when he responded to me in his post today.

Bulba is null/scum because he just bugs me. He's too sure Joram is town. His reasoning was pretty vague. He's sure Joram is town but he doesn't make an effort to stop/disprove of a Joram mislynch. (ie: I kept my vote on joram and expressed that I wanted a lynch before the day ends. I was looking if either bulba or notscience would make any attempt to get me to switch my vote to stoz or dissuade me from Joram, which neither of you did. I then took off my vote to see if you would try to push me to vote stoz, but you didn't (that doesn't mean much but I'm letting you know that I've been trying to get you to prove you're town to me in anyway I can think of XD). Compare this to notscience who doesn't even want a Joram lynch at all, even willing to vote someone else as long as it isn't his town reads. Contrast his "we are not lynching him" to bubla's "Joram is town"). You don't seem to really care which direction this lynch goes which just bugs me.

Micc will probably go up to null/scum if stoz flips scum (process of elimination - I just can't see bulba start his game trying to get his scum buddy lynched. I can't see stoz being so calm through it all. Furthermore, that would be so mean! A bussing that would bring tears to my eyes T_T)

Joram's down to null. His attempt to post his role pm was expected based on his play in the off-site game and ToS (sorry not sorry for stalking). Also he suspects notscience.

Notice here, that bulba is my second choice to lynch! Look at the argument I present against him. Why would I be point a flashlight on my scum buddy DAY 1??!!
And I’m doing this on my own, I’m not sheeping anyone else/building on someone else’s push against bulba. I’M STARTING IT AND PUSHING IT HOPING OTHERS WILL JOIN ME!

In post 440, Akuseru wrote:
I'm also down for a Bulbazoor lynch if anyone's up for it. Someone I'm also scum reading and would provide info whichever way he flips.

Near the end of the day I even make it clear that I would like to lynch either stoz or bulba!

Day 2

In post 530, Akuseru wrote:FOS on Bulbazoor and Micc

In post 575, Akuseru wrote:Anyways, I want to lynch bulbazoor. His past posts and wagon jumps on D1 bug me. I also don't buy his suspicions of notscience.

VOTE: Bulbazoor

Right off the bat, day 2 I’m voting bulba and I stick to it!

In post 743, Akuseru wrote:
In post 742, Bulbazoor wrote:Aku, why the hell do you only read into me and not notscience? I feel like you are letting her slip by too easily.

I'm not looking into him (dem drill tails~) right now. I want answers from you and then I'll move on, promise.

Even bubla was annoyed that I was just sticking to him, refusing to look at anyone else. Again, if I was scum why would I do this, no one else is considering him much so why bring focus on bulba.

In post 816, Akuseru wrote:@bulbazoor

NS was scum reading stoz before you even joined the game (or at least not town reading him. I think it's safe to say his "eh" are those he's suspecting).

Also, why do you consider it sheeping? why can't it just be a similar viewpoint? Is it because his votes and reads come after yours? How is that scummy? HCL and I voted/expressed similar thoughts on stoz (before NS' "sheeping" post). THESPIO EVEN CHANGED HIS READ TO MATCH YOURS! (stoz went from town to scummy - this is implied from his vote after you placed yours - and Joram went from town to null - thespio even later votes joram after someone else votes them, but I guess you don't care about that second one because it's only sheeping when it's done to you and only certain people count at that smh).

As for NS' read on Joram, he could have plenty of reasons for thinking Joram is town (ie: After some discussion, other players started to look more scummy to him and by PoE Joram isn't on his radar anymore/more likely town, or Joram something about Joram's posting/behaviour struck his as town etc)

Also this happened:

In post 814, Bulbazoor wrote:He ultimately sheeps me on joram being town for no reason.

In post 276, notscience wrote:Because mafia either has a RB/Goon or 2 goons.

RB/goon has a 50% chance of having a cop versus a 25% chance with goon/goon.

It looks like his team is rb/goon and he;s assuming there's a cop.

So

That doesn't look like someone who's sheeping you. You just gave another reason for why you think Joram is town, and he countered it. Considering he's town reading joram, it means in spite of that scum possibility he probably had (his own) reasons for still town reading Joram. Later on in the game he pushes his town read by pointing out, what he believes to be, Joram's recent town behaviour. All you, bulba, ever did was repeat how you think Joram is town because he's new or "being towny". You even changed your vote to help lynch Joram while NS held his ground! Yet you still claim, NS is sheeping you?!!!

By the way, thespio has done most, if not all, of what you're accusing NS of doing + his obvious scummy behaviour, but you still voted for NS. You could have started a wagon on thespio (NS didn't even have a wagon when you voted him). Do you have some grudge against NS or something? To be honest I can't decide if you're scum or you're just scummy town :/

Also, I really don't think NS can be mafia. Why promote your lynch day 2 (with no night kill)? I heard he's done it before as scum, but I'm not suspecting it in this game. Feels more like he's doing a favour by helping town gather info from this wagon (I saw it as the same thing when he first introduced the idea to avoid a Joram lynch - a lynch, that if it had gone through and he flipped town, would tell us nothing/be a waste of a lynch). I also don't even agree with a lot of the scum reads made on him. I'd rather focus on my scum reads like bulba or my null reads (which, are probably more likely to be mafia since scum are avoid making any potential action/post that can be interpreted as scummy, unlike town who might still go ahead and risk a misunderstanding of motives to get closer to lynching scum). I'm looking at you Micc.

Here I counter bulba’s arguments and point out the holes in his reasons for voting.
In post 918, Akuseru wrote:I'm staying put on bulba.

I don’t understand why you guys would think I’d plan to spend majority of this game trying to get my scum buddy lynched….
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:22 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1225, Thespio wrote:@Joram, thats why I asked what does BBT gain from the false claim?

This.

I gain nothing. I was already at conf town levels, I didn't need to do anything else for town cred.

PEdit - Aku, you were moving between Joram and Stoz D1. You might have 'showed interest' in a Bulba lynch, but that means nothing. The vote is the true indicator of your intentions.

D1 you played the classic 'FoS buddy, vote town' tactic'.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Akuseru »

In post 1230, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:D1 you played the classic 'FoS buddy, vote town' tactic'.

You can interpret it that way if you want (I don't see how it means I'm scum, since everyone in this game switches between lynch choices all the time - I don't even do it as much as others)

Where are your comments on my Day 2?
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Akuseru »

BBT why are you just tunneling me trying to make anything I post look scum. I can understand using WIFOM but you're basically only using posts and actions that can be seen as both town or sucm, but only presenting them as scummy.

If you really are town, I suggest you spend some time looking through EVERYONE'S iso/play thus far and spend some time to make an informed decision. You don't need to rush this.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Akuseru »

And that's my time for today.

See you tonight, perhaps

VOTE: no lynch
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:43 am

I'm hardly tunneling you. I think you're scum, therefore I present an argument on things that I think have scum motivation behind them.

It's that simple really.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:55 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

Yeah nvm i dont think BBT is scum

UNVOTE: BBT
VOTE: Aku
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 5.3
Poison Paintbrushes

Akuseru
(2): BlueBloodedToffee, JoramvanVugt
No Lynch
(1): Akuseru

Not Voting
(1): Thespio

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline: August 31, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2015-08-31 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:59 am

Thespio, it's down to you.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:17 am

Post by Thespio »

I am split...
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:28 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

Same for me kinda its like 75% Aku, 25% BBT for me
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Thespio »

mine is the same but you instead of BBT
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:34 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

I like how i was like 100% Thespio and now im convinced he is town
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Thespio »

yea ik!
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:49 am

Post by JoramvanVugt »

So Thespio how long is this doubting gonna take?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Thespio »

Until Aku posts more... i understand he is busy, I will check this in (expired on 2015-08-17 18:54:09)
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Akuseru »

BBT first posts:
In post 1178, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm REALLY struggling to see Aku as scum.

Then he asks thespio’s opinion on me. As soon as he sees that thespio is considering me scum, he immediately posts:
In post 1189, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I agree that Aku is most likely to be scum.

^when and how did this change of thought happen? He didn’t post anything in between the two posts. He’s just taking thespio’s view and sheeping it. I bet if thespio preferred Joram over me, BBT would be pushing Joram right about now.

In post 1190, Thespio wrote:Aku made a vital mistake, only scum wants to keep me alive... he advocated for me, and buddied me the past two days.

Thespio, how do I even respond to that? You’re not even considering me as either alignment, just scum. You’ve decided that I’m scum and that I probably shouldn’t keep you alive. YOU’RE ALIVE BECAUESE I CAN’T KILL YOU AT NIGHT! I’m town. And as for not lynching you, I only go after suspicious people.

In post 1193, JoramvanVugt wrote:Then again it could be that scum does not have to kill and BBT is making it look like this, then again im wondering why nobody has counterclaimed the bulletproof townie (or is it still not sure its even in the game?)

Yes, Joram, there is another setup possibility. We know there’s a roleblocker (micc), therefore there are two possible set-up: one with a BP and one without it. BBT could be lying about his role and we actually have the setup where everyone is VT.

In post 1199, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:meant we're in LyLo now. Technically, it's MyLo but realistically we're in LyLo. We need to lynch correctly Today to win.

You’re misleading them, making them think they HAVE to vote today, creating a sense of urgency – we can no lynch and you can lynch me the next day. Even if you die tonight, Joram and thespio still out vote me. You probably want to rush things before I can get a chance to talk/point out your “scumminess”

In post 1230, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Aku, you were moving between Joram and Stoz D1. You might have 'showed interest' in a Bulba lynch, but that means nothing.

Moving between lynch choices means nothing. Is that all you have against me? I didn’t just show interest on bulba, I made sure everyone knew that bulba was my second lynch choice and even wrote a paragraph on him for everyone to see:
In post 429, Akuseru wrote:

red=scum reading
white=null (dual colours means null but leaning scum/town)
green = town reading

stoz

2.Bulba
zoor

3.Mi
cc

2.StubbsKVM/JoramvanVugt
5. notsc
ience

HenryCabotLodge/Thespio

Stubbs is down to null because I told myself that if he brought any attention back to the micc/questioning discussion I would give him town points (ie: [Referring to the my earlier posts at Stubbs] My main issue with him was I thought he could be scum because he was trying to avoid answering the question/deflect it to something else (I even accused him of attempting to discredit micc) to distance himself from the issue. He brought it up when he responded to me in his post today.

Bulba is null/scum because he just bugs me. He's too sure Joram is town. His reasoning was pretty vague. He's sure Joram is town but he doesn't make an effort to stop/disprove of a Joram mislynch. (ie: I kept my vote on joram and expressed that I wanted a lynch before the day ends. I was looking if either bulba or notscience would make any attempt to get me to switch my vote to stoz or dissuade me from Joram, which neither of you did. I then took off my vote to see if you would try to push me to vote stoz, but you didn't (that doesn't mean much but I'm letting you know that I've been trying to get you to prove you're town to me in anyway I can think of XD). Compare this to notscience who doesn't even want a Joram lynch at all, even willing to vote someone else as long as it isn't his town reads. Contrast his "we are not lynching him" to bubla's "Joram is town"). You don't seem to really care which direction this lynch goes which just bugs me.

Micc will probably go up to null/scum if stoz flips scum (process of elimination - I just can't see bulba start his game trying to get his scum buddy lynched. I can't see stoz being so calm through it all. Furthermore, that would be so mean! A bussing that would bring tears to my eyes T_T)

Joram's down to null. His attempt to post his role pm was expected based on his play in the off-site game and ToS (sorry not sorry for stalking). Also he suspects notscience.

As you can see Joram went down to null. I didn’t just “show interest” on bulba. I completely directed my attention to just stoz and bulba. You’re falsely presenting my posts as scum with your interpretations of my actions. DON’T POST YOUR INTERPRETATIONS WITHOUT BACKING UP WITH QUOTES. @ Joram and Thespio, you guys shouldn’t just accept whatever he says. Go back and check my iso to confirm if what BBT says about is true or not. As you can see he’s slightly skewing things to make me look scum.
@BBT: You still haven’t commented on my Day 2? I asked you and you ignored it.

At this point I’d rather consider BBT as scum (because he towns so bad – he was completely against the bulba lynch for absolutely no reason, pushed a lynch on HCL without any reason, and now is trying to push a lynch on me without any reason. If I get lynched and you’re scum, gg. You’ve effectively taken control of the game by somehow taking control of thespio and Joram, who seem to go along with anything you say. However, if we lose the game and you’re town, you’ve been more anti-town than good and you really need to change your play. You can’t win as town alone so stop trying to.
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by Akuseru »

@BBT: why are you trying to speed up this lynch. You guys should all vote no lynch. You're worried you'll die, right? Well I think you're scum so I don't think you have to worry about it.

However:

- If BBT dies and I survive: Thespio and Joram have even more reason to vote against me. Again I can't outvote them if they choose to lynch me.

-If BBT and I survive: BBT and whoever is left (either thespio or Joram) can both vote against me.

- If I die: YES, NOW YOU CAN'T WASTE A MYSLYNCH ON ME AND YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE AT WINNING.

As you can see, BBT has no reason to finish the game today. He's just worried I change peoples minds (He did the same thing the day before when he hammered the no lynch. He saw that I was becoming paranoid of him and wanted to end the discussion before it could go anywhere. He said that we shouldn't discuss things during mylo and just no lynch right away. It's mylo right now, we have no new confirmed information (just a bunch of wifom), but instead of voting no lynch and holding of discussion he suddenly wants to end the game. why?)

If you guys don't want the night to last too long, we can ask the mod to cut night short. There's only 4 of us, right? I think 24 hours is enough for scum to send in their kill. Why not narrow this down a bit? If you have a good reason against a no lynch besides the fact that it'll extend this game, please share. I don't understand why all 3 of you would be against a no lynch. We played this long, what's one more day?

@mod: If we all agree can you reduce night to 24 hours?

If so,
I would like night to be shortened to 24 hours
JoramvanVugt
JoramvanVugt
Goon
JoramvanVugt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by JoramvanVugt »

I dont wanna go 2 days in a row on a No Lynch...
my vote is on Aku and will stay there
Akuseru
Akuseru
Goon
Akuseru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Akuseru »

JoramvanVugt wrote:I dont wanna go 2 days in a row on a No Lynch...
my vote is on Aku and will stay there

I've asked the mod to reduce night to one day. Why are you trying to rush things? If you're town Joram, you have nothing to lose by voting no lynch. Are you 100% sure I'm scum? You can still vote against me the next day if you like.

If not, Joram what is your reason for not voting no lynch (assuming we have a short night)?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1246, Akuseru wrote:
@mod: If we all agree can you reduce night to 24 hours?

If so,
I would like night to be shortened to 24 hours

If everyone agrees, yes.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”