Open 608: Jungle Republic - A jungle is conquered(game over)

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 124, gameplay506 wrote:ok I have to read soon
You know, one of those catch ups
Tho I really feel like fire is different from the other game
here he really is like.. doing nothing

Hey pot, meet kettle.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

shh
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:47 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 107, Klick wrote:myko, I'm not a fan of your reasoning for suspecting Fire of being scum. If anything, I see him blatantly targeting one scumteam over another as a towntell, because scum would also have to pretend to be finding their own team.

not my experience. More often that not feels like it's the "good scum" coming first with such an argument, esspecially if they don't know the tell exists.

Fire fits the bill.

Also if two posts is tunneling on fire already, I'm for sure tunneling now. 3 already!
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:05 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm really wiped out now so post will be quick but basic thoughts are:

I townread Firebringer, still sort of kind of scumread Idiot Savant but don't feel too strongly about it. I was hoping that they'd react in some telling way to the pressure though nothing really stood out for me. Deciding whether myko/Mario are townreads or scumreads will take more brainpower than I'm currently willing to devote. And I have other reads but I don't think there's any need to say them.

Now Vedith, ooo. I have to say that Shadow's vote is a bit confusing to me because it seems like an activity vote from someone who's not too active themselves and it's just uh what, but the main reason why I'm voting for this dude is . He comments on the 'changed reason from Mario' and latches onto my point so quickly, but I was really just stretching and trying (probably not too successfully) to place Mario under some pressure. I didn't even believe in the whole changed reason thing! So it seems like he's going along with what I'm posting yet I don't really think that anyone would believe that? I also am similarly but not as bothered by . It's a very passive post very weakly questioning the fast wagon and supposed hammer intent, but not actually doing anything about it. Wanting to look good but still keep open the possibility of idiot savant lynch? Or not wanting to be seen as defending a buddy too hard? I think either is possible, but I'd expect a town player to actually show more OOMPH in making their opinion known than an idle question that's really not going to change anything or even be answered by anyone.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:45 am

Post by hayatoBL »

Prod-dodge post as I'm too tired to write until I'm awake tomorrow. Sorry guys.

I'll let deas vail dip his toes in town pool for now. Have scum-feels on wander er again and will elaborate later.
UNVOTE:

Never had a scum-read on Mario tbh.

Will probably vote for firebringer will do this tomorrow.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:13 am

Post by ika »

ok i got my internet bck someone want to give me a summary? i got a lot of games to cahct up in
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:19 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 128, DeasVail wrote:Now Vedith, ooo. I have to say that Shadow's vote is a bit confusing to me because it seems like an activity vote from someone who's not too active themselves and it's just uh what, but the main reason why I'm voting for this dude is 83. He comments on the 'changed reason from Mario' and latches onto my point so quickly, but I was really just stretching and trying (probably not too successfully) to place Mario under some pressure. I didn't even believe in the whole changed reason thing! So it seems like he's going along with what I'm posting yet I don't really think that anyone would believe that? I also am similarly but not as bothered by 65. It's a very passive post very weakly questioning the fast wagon and supposed hammer intent, but not actually doing anything about it. Wanting to look good but still keep open the possibility of idiot savant lynch? Or not wanting to be seen as defending a buddy too hard? I think either is possible, but I'd expect a town player to actually show more OOMPH in making their opinion known than an idle question that's really not going to change anything or even be answered by anyone.

What it have helped if I did it in caps? :giggle:
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:23 am

Post by ZZZX »

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-08-28 17:23:35)

Alive:
Idiot Savant: Myko , Klick , Firebringer (L-3)
Klick: Mario (L-6)
DeasVail: (L-7)
Jazzmyn: (L-7)
shaddowez: (L-7)
hayatoBL: (L-7)
MarioManiac4: (L-7)
Vedith: DeasVail , Jazzmyn , shaddowez (L-4)
gameplay506: Vedith , shaddowez (L-5)
Wanderer-nl: (L-7)
mykonian: (L-7)
Firebringer: gameplay506 (L-6)

Looking for a replacement for MarioManiac..
Last edited by ZZZX on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:50 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 129, hayatoBL wrote:Prod-dodge post as I'm too tired to write until I'm awake tomorrow. Sorry guys.

I'll let deas vail dip his toes in town pool for now. Have scum-feels on wander er again and will elaborate later.
UNVOTE:

Never had a scum-read on Mario tbh.

Will probably vote for firebringer will do this tomorrow.

Wanderer is suspicious always!

Also why vote on me? I thought we were Friends! Or at least town buddies! Which honestly with you suspecting me, makes me even more sure about that.

I remember last game you had such poor judgement also :P (Just a joke don't take it seriously)
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 18, Firebringer wrote:How about my awesome train, guys?

Random weird question, who you guys think would be most dangerous scum team here?

In post 31, Klick wrote:
Did you read some of the earlier Jungle Republic games before asking this? :D

In post 37, Klick wrote:I will explain my reads, but I'd like
Firebringer
to take a shot at it first. Firebringer, what do you think my reads are based on?

In post 43, Firebringer wrote:That's interesting.

I actually was just asking a random question lol. Was wondering who everyone thought was tough to beat.

Anyone, who has played with scum-Klick, will know that he plan his scum-game very well in the scum PT. Faking conversations like this one in order to seem like they're not buddies and to help each other to seem like their contributing isn't unbelievable. But, the counter-theory for this is equally likely, which is Town-Klick and -Firebringer having a normal conversation.

Why I thought it was staged was because firstly, a Klick-Fire team would explain Fire's random urge to post that weird question.

FireBringer: Or if it wasn't purely random, you may explain where did your urge to ask that came from? It would make me less worry if you can explain it.

Secondly, Fire's post:

In post 40, Firebringer wrote:I kinda want to know too.

was unnecessary and was probably made because he forgot to express his surprise initially when Klick asked him specifically.

As of votes, I will be ISO'ing others to see if there's someone else more worthy for the gallows.

Pedit - I did made poor judgement last game, but I don't expect to do it again this game.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

The question came here cause this is first game where I recognize almost all of the names in game. So was curious who everyone else thought was most dangerous players to be on a scum team.

I was wondering if this would be close to my own thoughts.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

ISO-ing gameplay,

If memory serves, his gameplay in the previous game (Fire and Ice) is a bit different from this game.

In both games, he jumped from one wagon to the other, while not reading the thread. But in this game, there were attempts to make it obvious he was not reading the thread as if he wants people to meta-read him as town.

One may argue, "If he didn't read the thread, then it will be obvious he didn't read the thread!" But the post he made this time made it super-obvious he was not reading, which makes me feels like it was staged, rather than genuine ignorance.

In post 48, gameplay506 wrote:Ok Im convinced mario is scum
VOTE: Mario

In post 51, gameplay506 wrote:oh idiot savant
I dont see such a thing with him

Cases on mario and savant were identical, but he claimed to not see them.

Also, gameplay you *did* crack under pressure in the previous game. You know, the one where you suddenly ISO Mist and called her scum. :wink:
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 135, Firebringer wrote:The question came here cause this is first game where I recognize almost all of the names in game. So was curious who everyone else thought was most dangerous players to be on a scum team.

I was wondering if this would be close to my own thoughts.

Seems like a silly thing to be curious about, considering the victors are here in this game. No?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Is it?

It really was a random question, but I told you what brought it on. Or at least thats why I think I was curious about it. I don't ask that question normally but I think its because who was in the game was reason it came up.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by ika »

huh?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 128, DeasVail wrote:it seems like an activity vote from someone who's not too active themselves

It sort of was, though I tend to look at content more than activity level (or post count, whichever you'd prefer). I did note in my very next post that my activity was lower than I recalled, and hope to change that, although I know today hasn't helped that at all.
I do agree with your reasoning on Vedith, and posts like aren't helping at all.

In post 134, hayatoBL wrote:Anyone, who has played with scum-Klick, will know that he plan his scum-game very well in the scum PT

Unless scum have Day Talk, wouldn't this be tough to pull of on D1? I don't know his meta, but I feel that this may be tough to distinguish early game.

Mykonian
- In you mention suspecting Wanderer, but haven't said anything about her since. What are your thoughts now?

Jazzmyn
- Where are you? I don't like your pop in, make a vote based on one line, and disappear. Have any more to contribute?
V/LA on Weekends
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

@Firebringer:
In post 123, Wanderer-nl wrote:So what about the other 3?

Spoiler:
In post 121, Wanderer-nl wrote:...
In post 118, Firebringer wrote:
In post 98, Firebringer wrote:I have a list if players I don't want lynched today:
Mario
Gameplay
Klick
Hayato

The rest of you can burn!!!!

How does everyone feel about my list of no lynch today?
Agree? Disagree?

I'm really bummed I'm not on that list, Firebringer.
Klick can be town, Hayato not too sure, Gameplay also not too sure, and Mario doesn't belong on that list.
Why do you not want to lynch them today?

In post 122, Firebringer wrote:it is hard to trust you wanderer. You are unpredictable.

Klick I want alive because if Klick is scum I want to turn it around and lynch em at LYLO to set the game straight unlike last major upset!!!!!
That annoyed me.

Save Klick for another day.

I'm going to pack now but will reread before I leave and post a readslist (as far as possible) before I leave for the weekend.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I don't have the peace of mind to sit here reading everything and make a pretty and insightful post, so I'm just gonna post a quick readslist and continue packing.

Idiot Savant -> null-scumlean, there might be something to that theory but I don't think there were enough replies to really make a conclusion out of it. However, I don't get the feeling they're helping progress the gamestate.
Klick -> town
DeasVail -> townlean, not as strong as Klick, but his posts seem to be coming from a townmindset to me.
Jazzmyn -> post more please.
shaddowez -> townlean
hayatoBL -> null, I felt his reaction to my question about his RVS-vote was a little aggressive. His post on Gameplay was ok I think, I'd like him to elaborate on his scumread on me.
Vedith -> scumlean, mostly because he's not really doing much of anything with his posts.
MarioManiac4 -> null (maybe slight scumlean) I don't know what to think here. Same as Savant as far as the question on teams goes. Other than that he seems to be involved, but I'd like to see him engage more.
gameplay506 -> null, I kind of liked what Hayato said about Gameplay and I'd like him to continue on that.
mykonian -> null-townish, not much to go on but what is there doesn't really look like a scum-mindset to me.
Firebringer -> I'm starting to believe he is scum this game, I want to interact with him about that so I'll get into this read more on Monday.

I have way too many nullreads and not enough scumreads. This is all very superficial though and I didn't read critically so expect me to get back to this next week.
As a reminder: I will be reading the thread at least once a day, and if I can comment on something with one line of text that should be doable (I hate typing posts on phone)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:12 am

Post by Firebringer »

You know I would be worried if I was town read by everyone day 1.
THat kind of behavior is like people trying to buddy me. Which if you know me at all, I suspect you more for saying I am town.

I wouldn't mind voting Shaddowez today, something about him this game is rubbing me wrong way.
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:38 am

Post by Professor Bozo »

@ika, you are meant to be in this hydra, stop solo posting :P

@ wanderer, his first vote on us is (to me rvs), but he doesn't answer my questions about it. He wants us hammered by MM in . However, by you and MM are scum, but his vote is on us. His next post is a vote for FB (first real mention of the slot) but MM is still scum. Suddenly, the reads coalesce in , but we get this gem 'Would be happy with a lynch on any,
firebringer probably the easiest.
'

Bolding mine, but town aren't looking for an 'easy' lynch. He then jokes about tunneling later.

I think he's after easy lynches and he's not explaining the progression of his reads.

VOTE: myk

Also, @everyone, please throw comments and questions at us, I feel like we're being avoided.

@fb, links to a scum game?
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by Professor Bozo »

That funny moment when you realize that you are a hydra....

bella kinda filled me and and im lettering her do day 1
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Ill go grab it, this is my only scum game completed:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=62603
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

As previously mentioned, I have only played with one of the players previously (several years ago) and one recently but very briefly, but most of the discussion on Day 1 so far seems to be based upon the experience that players have with other players in the game, so I really don't have anything to contribute to that. I suppose I may have to do some meta-diving to try to sort people out, but on Day 1, I would not really expect to learn much other than minimally useful (at best) 'background' info and I doubt that the utility of such an undertaking would be worth the massive amount of effort it would entail on Day 1. So, I will perhaps do some looking but I am not going to undertake a full scale meta research on every player at this stage of the game.

As an aside, this site is (unfortunately) blocked at my office so I can only read or post from home on available evenings, so sometimes it takes me a while to respond (since it seems that most people post during my work hours when I cannot) but I rarely, if ever, leave questions or relevant comments relating to my posts unanswered.

In post 140, shaddowez wrote:
Jazzmyn
- Where are you? I don't like your pop in, make a vote based on one line, and disappear. Have any more to contribute?

Please see above; I'm working on it. At this point, though, I can only vote on the basis of content (outside of the majority of posts so far that are about previous game experience that players have with each other) since I haven't played with most of you as set out previously. As an aside, your own 'pop in' and vote does not really appear to be qualitatively different than mine, and your own content so far is nothing to write home about either. Just saying.

In post 142, Wanderer-nl wrote:Jazzmyn -> post more please.

I'm working on it. Please see above.

Regards,
Jazz
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

^Well, *some* of the discussions so far aren't meta-related. Rather than posting a text about how you can't contribute, how about contribute where you can?

I personally won't meta-dive anyone at this stage of the game. And I think no one is expecting you to.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

In post 144, Professor Bozo wrote:

Also, @everyone, please throw comments and questions at us, I feel like we're being avoided.

I like this comment. Either Town or good at faking it. I will have to take your ISO into account (which I haven't done) before giving my nett feels on you, but I didn't see anything scummy from my first read.

I actually want ika to also give his reads. If you are scum, then you guys need to fake double the thought process, which will double our chance to catch you as scum. :)

And if you're Town, you *should* look more Town. I know ika is letting you to handle D1, but would like you both to participate.

Klick
: I thought your reasons to think savant and mario scum was bad, though not necessarily comes from a faked thought process. Bad because Town *must* choose to answer Fire's question either by suggesting a team in two's or in three's. Either way they can be accused to be either as Mafia or WW.

The only other way to go about it was how Deas did it, but he didn't know enough players from this game very well to suggest a whole 3 or 2 members team for your read to work there. This makes your town-read on Deas also bad.

Your scum-read on savant for myko's unvoting him was also bad imo, because it's more of an alignment tell than a scum-tell. You're calling Savant scum because he looks like myko's scum-partner, for something myko did without knowing myko's alignment. Assumption made here that you don't know his alignment. How do you feel about voting for myko right now?

What is your read on Wanderer *without* his unvote from Savant?

I'm looking forward to your next move, Klick.

Return to “Completed Open Games”