Open 608: Jungle Republic - A jungle is conquered(game over)

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 174, Klick wrote:Firebringer; not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

If my momma could see me now. She would be so proud, that I was leading a forum game to lynch the evil players.

YOU PROUD NOW MOM!
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Apologies for my recent unexpected absence. The last several days have been hellish in real life between 'emergencies' at work requiring many additional long hours, technical difficulties including a complete internet/cable/phone outage while I was in the midst of trying to post further on Thursday night, and last but not least the abrupt and quite unexpected end of a ten year long relationship; the combination of the above made it difficult to read or post as much as I usually do, and impossible to get to the site at all the last couple of days.

I will catch up tonight and tomorrow, though.

Regards,
Jazz
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Firebringer »

This game has largely been inactive. Time to give some reads.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Idiot Savant-Null leaning scum
Klick-Unknown, don’t want to lynch
DeasVail-Null leaning scum
Jazzmyn-Townish vibe
shaddowez-Null to scum lean
hayatoBL-Town Possibly
Vedith-Null to scum lean
MarioManiac4-Town Possibly
gameplay506-Null going to leave him alone today
mykonian-Bad Town
Firebringer-God Leader of Town
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:16 am

Post by Professor Bozo »

In post 162, Firebringer wrote:Idiot Savant, how was your day?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

What do you consider your greatest strength and weakness?

If you had one sentence to describe yourself, what would you say?

Is this engaging good?

Lol. C'mon, you say I'm null to scum-lean, you vote me, but you don't wanna interact with my slot about the game? Be better, FB.

Spoiler:
Good, we played Skype mafia last night so I'm sleepy.

Um, idek.

I'm good at supporting people and I sometimes lack confidence.

Although she be but little, she be fierce!

You?

In post 163, mykonian wrote:but bella

you are scum.

would hardly be a fun conversation, it's like a rabbit talking about the weather with a fox :/

Ace, lovely. Sitting on that read while not developing interactions outside other slots is icky. Also, totally a rabbit.

In post 178, Firebringer wrote:Idiot Savant-Null leaning scum
Jazzmyn-Townish vibe
hayatoBL-Town Possibly
Vedith-Null to scum lean
mykonian-Bad Town

That is a lot of nulls, talk to me about shadows?
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:17 am

Post by Professor Bozo »

@mod, ika and Mario need prodding.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:18 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 179, Professor Bozo wrote:Ace, lovely. Sitting on that read while not developing interactions outside other slots is icky. Also, totally a rabbit.

Bullshit. I'm not even voting you yet.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:08 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 180, Professor Bozo wrote:
@mod, ika and Mario need prodding.

Mario got replaced.
Ika is your damn slot....????
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:08 am

Post by ZZZX »

---
With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-08-28 17:23:35)

Alive:
Idiot Savant: Myko , Klick , Firebringer (L-3)
Klick: (L-7)
DeasVail: (L-7)
Jazzmyn: (L-7)
shaddowez: (L-7)
hayatoBL: (L-7)
Not Mafia: (L-7)
Vedith: DeasVail , Jazzmyn , shaddowez , Not Mafia (L-3)
gameplay506: Vedith , shaddowez (L-5)
Wanderer-nl: (L-7)
mykonian: Idiot Savant (L-6)
Firebringer: gameplay506 (L-6)
Last edited by ZZZX on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I'll be here in about 12 to 20 hours to post something decent.
meanwhile; check alestorm
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

I know I should have done this years ago. But I was too
lazy
distracted to turn my thoughts into a post. So sorry. Try your best to make me less worry of you.

ISO-ing you:

In post 6, Wanderer-nl wrote:So was I. Why him over me?

I found another of those useless question. I mean if you had given a bit of thought, it's clear why Mario voted Klick over you. You may argue that it is a post-RVS question and wouldn't be as insightful, yet I don't see where you would go with this question and therefore, is more likely asked just for the sake of posting a question.

In post 92, Wanderer-nl wrote:

And is answered, but I don't like it. I don't agree btw his stance changed (don't remember who said that) he just seems very eager to hammer ika no matter his allignment. Which imo is antitown. And then he tries to look protown by waiting for a claim just in case they're the seer and I don't know how to feel about that yet. I mean, rolefishing comes to mind and coaching comes to mind, but maybe I'm just looking into this too much
because I don't really see Mario be this obvious so early.

The bolded suggests that in the end you null/town read him, but while coming to that you suggested scum-reads on him(rolefishing, coaching, trying to look protown, seem eager to hammer). And to make matter worse, no one was asking about your reads on mario. So you voluntarily explaining scum-reads which you no longer believe in feels like either a) an attempt to let other push that wagon or b) to seem useful by providing content.

While we're at it, one of the reason I town-read Deas was because he claimed to have reads which he chose not to reveal.

In post 142, Wanderer-nl wrote:
I have way too many nullreads and not enough scumreads.

It's quite reasonable to have three scum-reads at this particular juncture, considering we're at D1 and some players aren't really playing.
Do you expect to have enough scum-reads at this point?

Which makes this commentary fake to me. Feels like you're trying to say 'Even if I have only three scum-reads which would probably suggest I'm scum, I'm aware that it's not enough but claim to have three scum-reads anyway, so I'm not scum'.

VOTE: Wanderer

I disagree with the Savant wagon and good with the Vedith wagon, unless Klick or someone else can counter my counter argument.

Fair warning: Gameplay and Jazz can be good policy lynches in case we can't agree on one lynch, so you might need to up your effort. Will lynch gameplay rather than jazz.

FireBringer's play is different from the previous one. But a good kind of different. Different could suggest scum, but could probably means he is improving his play. Not willing to lynch him today.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by hayatoBL »

I also thought some of your reads too naive, Wanderer. you said Klick is Town and gameplay is too sloppy(or maybe careless was the word?) to be scum.
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

In post 162, Firebringer wrote:Idiot Savant, how was your day?

Where do you see yourself in five years?

What do you consider your greatest strength and weakness?

If you had one sentence to describe yourself, what would you say?

is this engaging good?

This cracked me up. I mean, really cracked me up. I'm still laughing. Sure, it's not directly game related but it was awesome at conjuring up memories of "Job Interviews From Hell" from the 1980s or so. It was also irreverent and humorous, which = doubleplusgood, and that (combined with Firebringer's other posts to date) equates to probable town for Day 1 purposes for me.

I remain content with my vote where it is at present. I could see potentially moving to Idiot Savant, but I am not getting hayato's push on Wanderer.

Regards,
Jazz
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 169, Vedith wrote:To be honest, I haven't been active, and 'trying to look active' with 6 posts?! I don't understand where you get that from. Reading through your comments, all I see is you putting a vote on Gameplay as a distancing vote. When there is a chance that it can build on him you change your mind.

Number of posts has nothing to do with activity, it's based on content. If you have 100 posts of "Hi" that's less than one good post with reads and questions. So yes, it looks like you're trying to be active in your posts by posing questions and comments that don't mean anything.

As for gameplay, he hasn't done a damn thing this game, and I do have a gut feeling of scum from him as a lurksack. I'm not sure where you saw that there was a chance that it could build on him though, since gameplay was barely mentioned between my two vote posts.

In post 158, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Vedith

Care to explain this, NM?

Fire
- Can you explain some of your reads from ? Except for IS, you don't really explain any of your null or scum reads, and I really don't understand your Mario read. Has this changed any with NM's entrance?
V/LA on Weekends
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Its mostly vibes Shaddowez. So I probably wont be able to convince you my reasoning behind any of them.

Anyways I am V/LA till Friday site wide
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:51 am

Post by DeasVail »

V/LA due to health issues. Back soon
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:57 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Ugh I just cant get my head in the game sorry
Mod please replace me

Sorry all :#
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 188, shaddowez wrote:Number of posts has nothing to do with activity, it's based on content. If you have 100 posts of "Hi" that's less than one good post with reads and questions. So yes, it looks like you're trying to be active in your posts by posing questions and comments that don't mean anything.

:facepalm:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Ironicalz
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I'm back and I read the last pages again. Something about Savant that pings me. I know Bella is good as scum, we were scum together once, and the stuff people are townreading Savant for are things I think Bella could easily fake. I'll iso Savant tomorrow, I'm too tired to do much now, and I'll also respond to Hayato's .
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

In post 191, gameplay506 wrote:Ugh I just cant get my head in the game sorry
Mod please replace me

Sorry all :#

Really? I could see this in a large game (because they can be nuts) but in a game like this, really? Weird.

Regards,
Jazz
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 194, Wanderer-nl wrote:I'm back and I read the last pages again. Something about Savant that pings me. I know Bella is good as scum, we were scum together once, and the stuff people are townreading Savant for are things I think Bella could easily fake. I'll iso Savant tomorrow, I'm too tired to do much now, and I'll also respond to Hayato's .

She seems confident in her ability, but it's scummy altogether?

I mean,
vote savant
is a place where my vote could easily be. She has to be lynched sooner than later anyway.

also this game isn't going anywhere.

booooored.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:55 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 144, Professor Bozo wrote:@ika, you are meant to be in this hydra, stop solo posting :P

@ wanderer, his first vote on us is (to me rvs), but he doesn't answer my questions about it. He wants us hammered by MM in . However, by you and MM are scum, but his vote is on us. His next post is a vote for FB (first real mention of the slot) but MM is still scum. Suddenly, the reads coalesce in , but we get this gem 'Would be happy with a lynch on any,
firebringer probably the easiest.
'

Bolding mine, but town aren't looking for an 'easy' lynch. He then jokes about tunneling later.

I think he's after easy lynches and he's not explaining the progression of his reads.

VOTE: myk

Also, @everyone, please throw comments and questions at us, I feel like we're being avoided.

@fb, links to a scum game?

Point me to where you asked him about his vote on you.

feels scummy, I'm not able to explain why I hope I can later.

I do agree with Savant's scumread on myk.

@myk: You had a scumlean on me earlier which you never explained. Where do you stand on me now?

Hayato, I'm making a new post to respond to you.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:41 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 185, hayatoBL wrote:I know I should have done this years ago. But I was too
lazy
distracted to turn my thoughts into a post. So sorry. Try your best to make me less worry of you.

ISO-ing you:

In post 6, Wanderer-nl wrote:So was I. Why him over me?

I found another of those useless question. I mean if you had given a bit of thought, it's clear why Mario voted Klick over you. You may argue that it is a post-RVS question and wouldn't be as insightful, yet I don't see where you would go with this question and therefore, is more likely asked just for the sake of posting a question.

I don't even know how to respond to this because that was my first post in this game and the 3rd post made by someone actually playing this game. It was a random, silly question that could have maybe lead to an awkward response. It didn't, and that was that.

In post 92, Wanderer-nl wrote:

And is answered, but I don't like it. I don't agree btw his stance changed (don't remember who said that) he just seems very eager to hammer ika no matter his allignment. Which imo is antitown. And then he tries to look protown by waiting for a claim just in case they're the seer and I don't know how to feel about that yet. I mean, rolefishing comes to mind and coaching comes to mind, but maybe I'm just looking into this too much
because I don't really see Mario be this obvious so early.

The bolded suggests that in the end you null/town read him, but while coming to that you suggested scum-reads on him(rolefishing, coaching, trying to look protown, seem eager to hammer). And to make matter worse, no one was asking about your reads on mario. So you voluntarily explaining scum-reads which you no longer believe in feels like either a) an attempt to let other push that wagon or b) to seem useful by providing content.

I went back to look at the context of that post and I have no idea what to make of it. I vote Mario in 82 and my next post, 92, I unvote him. And there was nothing to trigger that, except Savant bringing my question to Mario back to my attention. I was trying to discuss whether Mario would be so obvious as scum, but my post lacked a question to invite the reposne I wanted. I'm still scumleaning Mario/NM, but I need more interaction with the slot to develop my read.

While we're at it, one of the reason I town-read Deas was because he claimed to have reads which he chose not to reveal.

I don't understand what this is doing here?

In post 142, Wanderer-nl wrote:
I have way too many nullreads and not enough scumreads.

It's quite reasonable to have three scum-reads at this particular juncture, considering we're at D1 and some players aren't really playing.
Do you expect to have enough scum-reads at this point?

Which makes this commentary fake to me. Feels like you're trying to say 'Even if I have only three scum-reads which would probably suggest I'm scum, I'm aware that it's not enough but claim to have three scum-reads anyway, so I'm not scum'.

I have nothing to say to that because you're right. 3 scumreads at this stage is actually quite reasonable and I don't know why I thought I didn't have enough.

VOTE: Wanderer[/vote ]

I disagree with the Savant wagon and good with the Vedith wagon, unless Klick or someone else can counter my counter argument.

Fair warning: Gameplay and Jazz can be good policy lynches in case we can't agree on one lynch, so you might need to up your effort. Will lynch gameplay rather than jazz.

FireBringer's play is different from the previous one. But a good kind of different. Different could suggest scum, but could probably means he is improving his play. Not willing to lynch him today.

Your vote is in the wrong place.
Why do you disagree with the Savant wagon?
Not sure how I feel about your PL-comment.
I'm going to iso Firebringer and Vedith later, need a break first.

In post 186, hayatoBL wrote:I also thought some of your reads too naive, Wanderer. you said Klick is Town and gameplay is too sloppy(or maybe careless was the word?) to be scum.

My reads aren't set in stone and I just post anything I think because even if I'm wrong, the reactions to those thoughts can help me develop my reads more.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 178, Firebringer wrote:Idiot Savant-Null leaning scum
Jazzmyn-Townish vibe
hayatoBL-Town Possibly
Vedith-Null to scum lean
mykonian-Bad Town

Explain your reads on Deas, Jazz and myk please. You left me out btw, do I still look scummy to you and if so why?

@Vedith: Is the gamelay-slot your only scumread?

Return to “Completed Open Games”