vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In post 170, Haschel Cedricson wrote:One of my favorite exchanges I ever read on this site occurred shortly after I joined this site, and it's stuck with me ever since:
Player 1 I feel like my only options here are to A) either prove I'm a townie or B) convince you to lynch somebody else instead.
Player 2: The only way for you to do "A" is by dying, so if I were you I'd get started on "B".

Do you disagree with the arguments that vijay was making?

Lol best. Will address other posts soon. Need power port for my laptop
coming back after a 3 year break.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 173, SamX wrote:What RQS question? o-o I didn't ignore the Haschelwagon, to me, it was just bickering back and forth about "Can we know why?", "He knows why." and RVS.

This RQS question:
In post 33, Trivium wrote:How about a little RQS to get the game rolling. Here's mine-
How much are you planning on posting throughout the game?
I am fairly active in my games. Like all the time.

And I'm referring specifically to posts 40 and 42, where even if you felt it was pointless back-and-forth, two other players had literally just voted for me and you ignoring all of that in order to make two fluff posts didn't sit well with me.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 170, Haschel Cedricson wrote:One of my favorite exchanges I ever read on this site occurred shortly after I joined this site, and it's stuck with me ever since:
Player 1 I feel like my only options here are to A) either prove I'm a townie or B) convince you to lynch somebody else instead.
Player 2: The only way for you to do "A" is by dying, so if I were you I'd get started on "B".

At the time that I made the post, I felt that his arguments were weak and a flimsy excuse to push attention off hinself. I have since voted VeeGee since Vijay has made a more concrete and sound argument against him.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by Radja »

DAY 1, VOTECOUNT 5
VeeGee (4)
-
Accountant, vijay2vasandani, SamX, stoz

gob (3)
-
texcat, Hopkirk, VeeGee

SamX (1)
-
Haschel Cedricson

St Constantine the Hermit (1)
-
St Constantine the Hermit

vijay2vasandani (1)
-
Klingoncelt

stoz (1)
-
Dessew

Not Voting (2)
-
havingfitz, gob

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline is on September 5th at 08:00 PM(GMT+1) or in (expired on 2015-09-05 08:00:00).

Mod Notes - None
Last edited by Radja on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:04 pm

In post 177, Accountant wrote:

At the time that I made the post, I felt that his arguments were weak and a flimsy excuse to push attention off hinself. I have since voted VeeGee since Vijay has made a more concrete and sound argument against him.

It seems to me that the more concrete and sound argument you're referring to is pretty much repeating everything you described as weak and flimsy except to add that VeeGee continued his behavior.

Unvote
, by the way.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:37 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In post 138, Dessew wrote:Sheesh, guys.

First of all, let's not get carried away, gob's list has three reads in total, Haschel, Hopkirk & Trivium.

Secondly, I see that many of you struggle with BBCode, so here are a few tags. It'd absolutely lovely if you could use them for the sake of readability:
[ post ] tag: This is how I refer to . (I originally wrote post=138.)
[ quote ] tag:
Des wrote:Don't forget about the quotemarks after the equality sign.

[ url ] tag: Lo, a comprehensive guide on how to scumhunt.
You can quote this post to see how to implement these tags.

I hate this post.

In post 149, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 78, VeeGee wrote:
In post 49, vijay2vasandani wrote:Nope. Might be scum though.

In post 46, vijay2vasandani wrote:
In post 44, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 37, Accountant wrote:He literally just said he does not know why Haschel. Dunno why you're being so cagey over a random vote.

He didn't literally say that, he said that he didn't recognize my avatar and that he felt sad.

Okayyyy. Moar votes on this guy please.

I don't like the tone of these posts, however.

In post 116, VeeGee wrote:Are you saying that I should either, A: Keep voting texcat, even though I had no reason to, or B: Vote someone random?

I'm not doing either.

Could you clarify your read on Vijay? It sounds like he's a scumread of yours, but you aren't voting him and you specified you weren't fosing him.

That's the fucking point of my case mate.

In post 150, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 113, vijay2vasandani wrote:Hmm interesting that I'm supposedly inactive. Pretty sure that before I went to bed, I had more posts than gob

Edit: yeah he knows how many posts I have.

It's not odd to take a mod's votecount as right.

Trivium is also voting himself.

Also flying back to Boston today, so I'll post again once I get back. Unless I have time during a layover

You start of by saying you can't be inactive because you have more posts, then there's no opinions- only spectating- in the rest of the post.

In post 114, vijay2vasandani wrote:Oh also, be for I go, I should mention that gob says that VeeGee is scum in his reads post. I don't know if his vote is there though, which could be an issue.

Also after I asked for a serious vote, VeeGee picks texcat, retracts it and then leaves it at that. Stop doing the bare minimum scum and at least look like you're scumhunting.

I'm good with texcat and VeeGee votes.

Quoting this partially for the next point, and partially because "Stop doing the bare minimum scum and at least look like you're scumhunting." also sounds like mentoring (i don't think this is the right word but i can't be bothered checking the wiki). Generally wide statement like this are aimed at partners.

In post 133, vijay2vasandani wrote:Below are all my posts concerning VeeGee (in spoiler)
Spoiler: VeeGee
In post 70, vijay2vasandani wrote:
In post 28, VeeGee wrote:Hallos.
VOTE: stoz
For remembering that game

Also OMGUS.

In post 41, VeeGee wrote:The answer to your question: Not sure, really. I'm usually sorta active.

In post 65, VeeGee wrote:....but, they could also lie about not being active, so they CAN lurk unnoticed.

In post 69, VeeGee wrote:Oh jeez, now that we're out of RVS (as far as I'm aware), I should unvote stoz in case a huuuge wagon suddenly appears on him.

UNVOTE: Stoz

okay. you should probably also do something about this though. (lol maybe your third post was about yourself?)

In post 114, vijay2vasandani wrote:Oh also, be for I go, I should mention that gob says that VeeGee is scum in his reads post. I don't know if his vote is there though, which could be an issue.

Also after I asked for a serious vote, VeeGee picks texcat, retracts it and then leaves it at that. Stop doing the bare minimum scum and at least look like you're scumhunting.

I'm good with texcat and VeeGee votes.

In post 124, vijay2vasandani wrote:
In post 116, VeeGee wrote:Are you saying that I should either, A: Keep voting texcat, even though I had no reason to, or B: Vote someone random?

I'm not doing either.

No, I'm saying that a vote is the only thing townies have during the day to win. You're not using it, which is a waste of town's populationalready minimal resources. Get some reads and.put a vote down.

Also saying something feels off and then not voting/acting on it is a scummy. Town needs to actively scumhunt, not just sit around wasting time.

Stoz is the right about VeeGee

Now, the summary on my thoughts regarding VeeGee has to do with the fact that he posted a random vote, says he's usually active, then says that since we're out of RVS he should unvote. There's a huge problem with this. What is it, you ask? He isn't doing anything. The entire town needs to work together towards lynching scum. How is unvoting a random vote and then
NOT DOING ANYTHING WITH YOUR VOTE AFTERWARD
helping us. That's my main issue.

Making matters worse is the fact that after I point out that he's not scumhunting ("you should probably do something about this"), he votes the guy i'm voting (totally fine, think he might be scum), and then unvotes (also fine, since he can have his own opinion). But once again, the same issue pops up. What does he do after he unvotes? Nothing. Sure he talks and fluffs, but where the fuck is his vote. Like i said in 124 "a vote is the only thing townies have during the day to win. You're not using it, which is a waste of town's populationalready minimal resources. Get some reads and.put a vote down" (wow that autocorrected population wtf). What's even worse is that he seems to have a scumread (or at least hints that he finds scummy things) but does not vote to back it up.

Now hush up Accountant and vote him already.

SamX and Havingfitz are guilty of the same thing. Kinda scummy, at best bad-for-town. Trivium is still voting himself

You seem to have a big scumread on veegee. You mention sam and having as an afterthought as "guilty of the same thing". Why are you only pressuring veegee instead of the other two too?

Because he's my biggest scumread? I know having is V/LA on weekends and the games I played with him (3 years ago) show that he ramps up when he feels like he has something to say. Sam was pretty new and hadn't posted as much. Far more confident on my VeeGee read.

In post 158, VeeGee wrote:VOTE: Gob

Been wanting to, no idea why I didn't earlier.

Ew.

Also I think gob did what VeeGee did, but I've been skimming. Can't charge my laptop so all you guys get are phone posts.

Also HC, Accountant just never read my case on VeeGee until summarised I think. Meanie.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Post by Accountant »

I must admit that the summary swayed me, because I'm more likely to vote based on a coherent tied together argument than snippets of Vijay quoting VG and saying "this is bad".

That said, I still have scum read on Vijay. He hasn't done anything to persuade me he's town.

Oh, and. Haschel, who are your biggest scumreads and townreads?
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Post by Dessew »

stoz has virtually done nothing, which is fine by itself. The suspicious part is his tone. Example:
In post 93, stoz wrote:At first I thought Trivium's question was quite good, because it would force scum to declare if they are going to be active or lurk when they have less information on the game.

Upon thinking about it some more I realised that if Trivium was scum it could be a great tool to use to help forward a lynch on someone town who gets busy in real life.

Overall I'm going to have to treat it as null.
A meticulous piece of analysis of nothing with no real conclusion at the end. The time & energy he seems to devote to fence-sit is truly remarkable. The rest of his iso is better in the sense that he's more active, but he has just moved away from the total nihil, in the direction of one of the already established & discussed to death.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:48 am

Post by gob »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:gob, do you believe VeeGee is scum or not?

Yes, i do believe he is scum, at this point i believe he noticed that he had fucked up so he decided to go all out and vote me, trying to play it off as just a bad play. Not to mention all the other scummy shit he has done.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:57 am

Post by gob »

To go on the opposite side of the spectrum my top town is probably Dessew, he has been providing clarity throughout the game, even if it was for the rolelist. He seems to be pushing the game forward as well as his own reads.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:14 am

In post 180, vijay2vasandani wrote:Also HC, Accountant just never read my case on VeeGee until summarised I think. Meanie.
I like most of your play today but this is bad. Accountant is a big girl who can answer her own questions.

In post 183, gob wrote:

Yes, i do believe he is scum, at this point i believe he noticed that he had fucked up so he decided to go all out and vote me, trying to play it off as just a bad play. Not to mention all the other scummy shit he has done.

What other scummy stuff?

In post 181, Accountant wrote:Oh, and. Haschel, who are your biggest scumreads and townreads?

I'll make a list later. For now I'm going to wait for all my questions to be answered.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:22 am

In post 184, gob wrote:To go on the opposite side of the spectrum my top town is probably Dessew, he has been providing clarity throughout the game, even if it was for the rolelist. He seems to be pushing the game forward as well as his own reads.

By the by, are you familiar with the acronym IIoA?

And Dessew, you haven't really commented on VeeGee/gob/vijay at all. Care to join the conversation?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:25 am

Post by gob »

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
What other scummy stuff?

First off his votes are all over the place, he starts to attack vidjay only to lay off immediately when vidjay starts talking more. Though this isnt scummy in itself combine it with the vote on me (no OMGUS) with little explanation besides i offered my own opinion on vidjay.

---

yes i am Hachel, and my top town still stands.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:30 am

In post 187, gob wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
What other scummy stuff?

First off his votes are all over the place[...]
He's placed exactly two votes outside of the RVS stage, and one of them was immediately retracted. How is that "all over the place"?
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:41 am

Post by gob »

In post 188, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 187, gob wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:
What other scummy stuff?

First off his votes are all over the place[...]
He's placed exactly two votes outside of the RVS stage, and one of them was immediately retracted. How is that "all over the place"?

To me it just seems odd that he was all about vidjay until i agreed with him.

I also may be biased since ive played 0 votes outside of RVS
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:43 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 186, Haschel Cedricson wrote:And Dessew, you haven't really commented on VeeGee/gob/vijay at all. Care to join the conversation?

The whole VG case stands on & , now I cannot do anything, just wait on him.
gob seems genuine, I see no merit in the wagon on him.
I don't feel the vijay wagon, either. Is it associative, I guess?
SamX
SamX
Goon
SamX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:56 am

Post by SamX »

In post 176, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 173, SamX wrote:What RQS question? o-o I didn't ignore the Haschelwagon, to me, it was just bickering back and forth about "Can we know why?", "He knows why." and RVS.

This RQS question:
In post 33, Trivium wrote:How about a little RQS to get the game rolling. Here's mine-
How much are you planning on posting throughout the game?
I am fairly active in my games. Like all the time.

And I'm referring specifically to posts 40 and 42, where even if you felt it was pointless back-and-forth, two other players had literally just voted for me and you ignoring all of that in order to make two fluff posts didn't sit well with me.

I didn't ignore. I assumed it was still RVS. I don't understand why it's weird if I don't hop onto the bandwagon. I mean, Trivium voted for himself for shits. I'm going to vote whomever I think is scum. I think it's a good thing for you if we don't mislynch you. If you read a little bit after the RQS by Trivium, I said I work full time, 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. I don't think I said anything about posting wise, but I try to get a post in after work or during breaks.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 183, gob wrote:

So he's your top scumread and you believe he's scum but you're not voting him.
Possibilities
Gob scum + Veegee not = doesn't make sense not to vote. Unlikely.
Gob town + veegee either scum or town = I don't see why town wouldn't vote a scumread really. Can you provide your reason for this gob?
Gob scum + Veegee scum = Doesn't want to bus partner. This seems quite possible given i scumread both of them.

In post 165, gob wrote:
In post 157, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 156, gob wrote:
In post 154, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 153, gob wrote:Narration or not my reads are a contribution. They
were
my insight on the game at the time. If you dont understand this then i really worry for your metal state.

So you're only going to respond to one of the things i said (and not a direct response) and give ad hominem?

Sorry i just saw low insults about a newbie game that was terrible to even be in. :roll: if you want to actually make good conversation then maybe i'll take you semi-seriously.

I said that sounded funny, sorry if it insulted you, but that was completely unrelated to my read (i only mentioned that game in a section i specificly said was not game related). You're avoiding what i'm asking.

Im sorry, am i missing something here, ive replied to almost every serious accusation you've thrown at me. Say it again or link the post. Im failing to see it, maybe im just really stupid....

:roll:

In 151, you didn't respond to any points made there.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Something else I wanted to look at is Dessew.
13= RVS vote.
53= Responds to Q, no comments on game.
79= Laughs at a style of writing, doesn’t answer question about current impressions claiming it’s too soon to tell, answers question about setup (in a closed game so meaningless)
138= Defends Gob, Talks about quote tags.
139= Quote tags.
160= Repeats than someone wanted to be replaced.
161= Votes and says case later. Votes someone he hasn’t mentioned yet.
182= Explains vote is because of fence sitting/not saying much.
190= Refuses to join main conversation, Defends Gob, Defends Vijay.

I tried to summarise what he’s done without bias. Conclusions on that follow:

Refuses to answers 2 requests to comment on things going on in thread/ actively avoids joining conversations on main things going on.
One serious vote with the reason “he’s fence sitting” despite the fact the same applies to Dessew much more (see above point for example).
Other than the vote, no content. Vote is weak, no scumhunting, no questions.
Mentioning things like setup/quote tags/replacement requests instead of content is active lurking. No real contribution to the game. Mafia generally like to find things to talk about that look like they’re actually saying something when they aren’t.

Defends my scum reads means possible associations (minor/not really too relevant point).
While I wait for gob’s responses…
UNVOTE: Gob
VOTE: Dessew
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:59 am

Post by gob »

My reason is that i dont vote. Just how i go bro.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:37 pm

In post 191, SamX wrote:I didn't ignore. I assumed it was still RVS. I don't understand why it's weird if I don't hop onto the bandwagon. I mean, Trivium voted for himself for shits. I'm going to vote whomever I think is scum. I think it's a good thing for you if we don't mislynch you. If you read a little bit after the RQS by Trivium, I said I work full time, 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. I don't think I said anything about posting wise, but I try to get a post in after work or during breaks.

I'm not saying it's weird you didn't hop onto the bandwagon, I'm saying that it was concerning that you didn't mention it at all while it was happening. Same with the RQS thing; you said you work full time, but you didn't say it until AFTER I voted for you so that doesn't count.

At any rate, none of this is really relevant now and I don't understand why you're disproportionately defensive about this.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

@Hopkirk
- I understand your scumread on Dessew, but I don't get the vote. Why move the vote from an already formed wagon on Scum to start a new wagon on Scum?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
VeeGee
VeeGee
Goon
VeeGee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by VeeGee »

Yay, people assuming that not liking two posts means scumreading.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 167, Accountant wrote:Texcat:
I townread gob as he seemed to be transparent and fairly open with his thoughts about how the game progresses(even if he's being arrogant and condescending). That in my book is a towntell.

Perhaps. I dislike posts like the one below that refer to "all the other scummy shit" without being able to clarify what that means or back it up. I wouldn't call that transparent. And it seems like a scum tactic to me. If you call someone scummy enough, town may start to believe you.

In post 183, gob wrote:

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:39 pm

In post 168, Haschel Cedricson wrote:

In post 167, Accountant wrote:
VeeGee, why did you vote gob?

In post 163, SamX wrote:As for VeeGee's most recent post about his vote on gob, why? What're your reads on him?

This needs to be answered immediately. Like, in VeeGee's very next post.

In post 197, VeeGee wrote:Yay, people assuming that not liking two posts means scumreading.

Don't ignore this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”