Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:55 am

Post by Sonic X »

So I was thinking about this game in the shower and figured out that RR's 'tenuous link' of a player (me, or others) passing the information to Titus might be negated by just this one idea.

Firstly, we note that this entire game is built on the premise of neighborhoods. Every player can join a neighborhood every night, and all players will retain information from previous nights. This has massive town utility: Obvtown players can re-ally with each other to bounce ideas and create a strong town block. The only caveat is if a scum player sneaks into these neighborhoods, but all things considered these shifting neighborhoods based on player choice
benefit town greatly.

Secondly, there are three pre-set neighborhoods/masons in the game. The first unfortunate flips true mason flips, Ruby and Sapphire. The next botched masons-who-were-supposed-to-be-masons, vezok and beer. The last hood-that-has-a-confirmed-town-and-are-probably-masons-too, the RR hood.
This is infinitely town sided no matter what way you look at it. The reason why the first two masonries blew were simply because of bad luck and botched play. The third hood could be argued as "not a masonry", but there is actually an IC in there.

Considering the craziness of the previous scum flips (Notably, the creativity of Varsoon's flips of TW and Frogger), as well as the very specialized and tactical-for-one-purpose-only Maxwell's strongman, I suddenly realise that it is
IMPOSSIBLE
that the scumteam does not have a Neighborhood Counter. Going by the track record, and by game balance, the scumteam should have a role (yet unflipped) that could pierce these sacred sanctuaries of neighborhoods.

Currently, the only player who has claimed a neighborhood-related ability is Constantine the Bear. Then, this can go two ways (as usual).

1) Constantine is town.

Almost all of the roles in this game has a similar duplicate, some by town, some by scum. Note: Town rolecop, Scum rolecop. Day 1 Treestump, No-Alliance Treestump. Town Commuter, Scum Ascetic. Town 1 shot Roleblock, Scum Jailkeep. It is not impossible that the scum has a similar duplicate ability, but this time more scum-sided/less invasive.
I am suggesting a Neighborhood Spy, who could access/view a PT but post at your own peril!
This will serve as a counter to all the confirmed masonries in the game, as well as the semi-masonries that may occur if a clique of townblocks happen. This can reliably explain the source of TW's information.

2) Constantine is scum.

Since his role is invasive, he could not have entered our neighborhood to receive the information. However, there might be more to his role that he has not claimed. For example, he could also turn invisible for one night. Besides, by play, he is fucking scummy. He's not scumhunting and he is just plain lurking, and if you know his meta well, you will realise that Constantine is a player who sucks at being scum. Like ika. In Saki mafia, http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62582 his play was lurky, lackluster, lack of scumhunting, trolly, and he got lynched Day 1 For The Win.

Conclusion: Given the game's reliance on neighborhoods, and the three masonries, it is possible that there is a scum PR that counters them by stealing information from such hoods. This can explain everything that RR is confused about.
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Sonic X »

Also, I'm just checking Day 3 and Day 4 to confirm my theory, but I saw this, Mr Steven.

In post 3127, Reasonably Rational wrote:For the sake of the game state, either Sonic X or Fro99er need to be lynched today, and since we believe that Fro99er is town, then the logical move is to take Sonic X to the gallows today.

You're biased. You've been biased since the start of the game. You don't like my playstyle.

Please stop.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I don't dislike your playstyle. The only issue I have with anyone's playstyle is in people's posting styles, that is, I find it incredibly difficult to read posts that are lacking grammar/punctuation/a coherent progression of thoughts...like Marquis' early posts this game. I hated those. So much.

Also note, that thing you quoted was posted by Drixx, and the majority of the posting this game since then (with some notable exceptions) has been by me. During that whole snafu between yourself and fro99er, I felt it was TvT(and I believe Drixx did too) but we felt it was something that would distract town all game, and thus needed to be ended, and we had a stronger town read on fro99er than yourself, namely because of the weird timing of your gladiate attempt combined with it being unlikely you made that attempt without realizing someone else had hammered, all of which combined to make your gladiate attemptsl and subsequent outrage at both the hammer and your wasted shot appear to be feigned. Thus, you were scum more than fro99er.

With regards to your Constantine point: You're proposing. Cooldog/Constantine pair as the last two scum then?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:33 am

Post by Sonic X »

In post 4453, Reasonably Rational wrote:With regards to your Constantine point: You're proposing. Cooldog/Constantine pair as the last two scum then?

I've had this thought for a while, then I thought "that might be too easy", then I also think "but this game has been easy the whole time".

I'm waffling. I've haven't investigated partner-partner interactions between grapes and flipped scum yet. I'll do that... tomorrow.

I'm more happy to fire my gladiate at this point in time knowing that NicCage is alive and a wrong move by me won't actually send us into potential Mylo.

Yes, Constantine/Cooldog are the safest bets. Definitely, by miles.
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Sonic X »

Just to check: were you allied with TW on Season Finale? That is the same day of the mastin/grapes/me alliance.
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:35 am

Post by Sonic X »

I mean seriously, SCtH is very very obviously posting in other places of the site. Where is he here?
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Sonic X »

In post 4455, Sonic X wrote:Just to check: were you allied with TW on Season Finale? That is the same day of the mastin/grapes/me alliance.

I'm scrolling Day 3 and 4 but it is a bit tedious to find.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:37 am

Btw your point is reasonable about constantine, minus the cop clear on him and the terrible scum play of not simply playing along with the make a match game and actively discouraging people from wasting their time attempting to be Constantines neighbor.

Was Titus' outrage at the scum inability to effect alliances faked or real Sonic?

-Cerb

Pedit: Yes, season finale was TW/MP/RR

I should really reread those alliances, considering I have a BUNCH of content that happened where I was only interacting with scum.
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Sonic X »

In post 4458, Reasonably Rational wrote:Was Titus' outrage at the scum inability to effect alliances faked or real Sonic?

quote that for me
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Sonic X »

i need to read context and phrasing
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Sonic X »

In post 4458, Reasonably Rational wrote:minus the cop clear on him

I think the cop claim is fucking bullshit, but I believe Fuzzy has already said enough on the matter.

All overpowered roles in this game are "1 shot but refill on season finale". Klingon claimed 3 shots.

I think the best course of action is, to see if cooldog has crumbed anything about being a cop. Or his targets. If he did not, well, then it sounds like the last plan TW left in the scum PT but since she's dead she can't adopt it to the everchanging circumstances.
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:44 am

Post by Sonic X »

In post 4458, Reasonably Rational wrote:Yes, season finale was TW/MP/RR

Since you had two scumbags in an alliance with you, this leads to say that the hypothetical Neighborhood Spy I was proposing would be in another neighborhood.

Quite possibly, mine. Mastin/Sonic/Grapes, all top three Frogger pushers and was fucking obvtown at that point.

I reiterate that the information I shared in that hood, although softclaim, was definitely sufficient for Titus to guess that I had a copier.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:56 am

Bleh I'm mobile too man. :p maybe when I get home if I leave work early. It was right in her first scum claim post I think.

Ftr, as of the end of yesterday I was 100% there was scum between yourself and fuzzy, because of your clear LD posts, with these scenarios in mind:

1) Claimed planning to kill fuzzy and argue it was a framing kill. Scum you, town Fuzzy
2) Claimed planning to roleblock fuzzy, same result as killing him
3) Fuzzy planned to claim a guilty on you, resulting in your mislynch, then his lynch, with some mechanic for winning the game in the resulting lylo/over the season finale. Fuzzy scum, you town.

And more, actually. I have a headache right now though and it pains me to continue this post. Long story short though, him not LDING you makes it look a lot more like you're both scum, and he simply realized when I said he was getting lynched to confirm his result, that there was no result he could give that would help.

-Cerb
Show

Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:08 am

Post by Sonic X »

Well, clearly you didn't account for the scenario where he did not inspect me, right?.

Here's the deal. If Fuzzy is town, it still makes me confirmed town, because I was making the clear LD posts which I could not possibly have done if I were scum.

As in, Scum me, town fuzzy. Scum me can't pass the LD test, so unless you say that my plan was to roleblock him (but you said that scum don't have a roleblocker when I argued for grapes being a possible scum roleblocker!), it means that my answers were honest anyway.

If fuzzy flips scum then you can lynch me, because we effectively win the game because of your masonry, but with the way that he has presented the information in the hood (tone, phrasing, aloofness all factor into the read), I doubt it.

Constantine and Cooldog.
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Sonic X »

Point is, let's assume Fuzzy's results were True and play from there. If you think we're scum-scum, you still have to lynch Fuzzy first, because his townflip would clear me, but my townflip won't do the same for him.
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:11 am

Post by Sonic X »

Well, not technically clear, but if you want to argue Scum-Me/Town Fuzzy then it's your turn to do some explaining.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:18 am

You don't understand. If the LD was a gambit by both of you as scum, you can make those posts without fear. If you're scum, and plan to kill him, you can still make those posts withiut fear. He's alive, so you're both scum together, or you are 100% town.

That should lead us to lynch him today

BUT here's the problem. He told you he wasn't going to LD you. That reopens the possibility that scum you decided it was better to leave the easy mislynch on the table and kill elsewhere. :(

And that is why this isn't as simple as you're making it out to be.

-Cerb
Show

Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:21 am

Post by Sonic X »

lol i told him 5 times in the hood to check me otherwise he's getting in trouble

he didn't listen :(
Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:24 am

Post by Sonic X »

In post 4467, Reasonably Rational wrote:If you're scum, and plan to kill him, you can still make those posts withiut fear.

This is proven FALSE, by the way.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

I can't get a guilty / innocent...just if they are lying or not. However I can't see if they are lying about being town. Anything related to alignment is a no go. So if I did an investigation I on 1083 i think i prob would of gotten a negative however If I checked his character claim I would get a positive result since he fake claim by his own ommison. I did not check Sonic bc I remember reading not to do a cop on someone you are sure is town.

I think that Klingon is either fake claimING or is a scum. Unless Vasoon super copped town than Klingon is scumm. With so many Masons I am really thinking the that scum have another cop.Anyways either Klingon or me should die today.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4471 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:34 am

...what? So your lie detector explicitly forbids results to confirm or deny a post made regarding someone's alignment?. Fuzzy, answer my damn question in our PT.

-Cerb
Show

Sonic X
Sonic X
Goon
Sonic X
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #4472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Sonic X »

sorry, i ran out of secret messages
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:40 am

Also, is that a limitation of your power that you informed sonic of?

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:41 am

In post 4469, Sonic X wrote:
In post 4467, Reasonably Rational wrote:If you're scum, and plan to kill him, you can still make those posts withiut fear.

This is proven FALSE, by the way.

How so?

In post 4472, Sonic X wrote:sorry, i ran out of secret messages

???????????

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”