hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 am

Post by hiplop »

Dinglehopper is basically just a dorky looking fork. ariel loves it because its from the human world. She calls it dinglehopper, its just a fork

night 1, farside
night 2, mattp
night 3 , cephrir
night 4, feysal

all of them claimed they saw it, I'm pretty sure? Feysal said something about forks
third best scummer of all time
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

so basically farside crumbed you being town because of you being a fruit vendor. Wow, that's... not particularly optimal
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

And you apparently think that claim has enough basis that we should believe in it?

I'm not sure if I believe you are this derpy with a 2011 join date
Bartleby the Scrivener
CPU Candidates
CPU Candidates
Goon
CPU Candidates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:33 am

Post by CPU Candidates »

It's strongman, cupid, and hated.

My running theory is they strongmanned banakai.

I'd expect they're holding the hated as to not confirm someone as town, I saw feysal saying maybe they want an early lylo but most competent mods make hated not worked in lylo but I don't agree.

And I'm not sure why we haven't seen the cupid.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

None of those things is a watcher.
Bartleby the Scrivener
CPU Candidates
CPU Candidates
Goon
CPU Candidates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 am

Post by CPU Candidates »

I'm aware.

I'm not trying to lynch Annarchy.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 am

Post by hiplop »

ugh

maybe I'm wrong.
man.

Hodor/cpu?
one of cpu's things could be watch. Ballsy claim at the start of the game to get her cleared very far? The thing that made me think Hodor was town was him claiming jafar. That could very well have been coordinated
Cpu/cephrir?
CPU/Annarchy -
Annarchy/Cephrir -mentioned earlier

theres a combo somewhere in there that fits, and I think it might be that first one.

Lynching cpu would give us a SHIT TON of information. We may have got duped by a stupid gambit at the start of the game
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:35 am

Post by hiplop »

correct me if im wrong but theres nothing except the nonsense at start of game to confirm cpu, is there?
CPU Candidates
CPU Candidates
Goon
CPU Candidates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:36 am

Post by CPU Candidates »

In post 1631, hiplop wrote:Hodor/cpu? one of cpu's things could be watch. Ballsy claim at the start of the game to get her cleared very far? The thing that made me think Hodor was town was him claiming jafar. That could very well have been coordinated

Um, what?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:37 am

Post by hiplop »

move the watch thing to the annarchy one. my bad
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

mattp got an invention from them but i mean yes technically they can be scum
Bartleby the Scrivener
CPU Candidates
CPU Candidates
Goon
CPU Candidates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:39 am

Post by CPU Candidates »

Well lets see.

We were confirmed to give a BP to mattp night 1 both by way of a watch and a vig shot.

We lost our vanillacop because we were roleblocked and locked onto mattp and burned our last shot last night because we weren't expecting a suboptimal kill like that.

So.

pedit-

Oh yeah, I'm totally a scum inventor who decided to give all my inventions to town instead of my team, and decided that in a team like that the best idea would be to pull a stunt like that in the early game.

:roll:
CPU Candidates
CPU Candidates
Goon
CPU Candidates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:40 am

Post by CPU Candidates »

Oh fuck taht makes sense
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:40 am

Post by hiplop »

VOTE: cpu

Cephrir, I'm sorry for flipping on you.

Notty is usually quite a gambitty player. They just poked fun at me being "derpy" for my join date, well the people in that hydra aren't newbies, either. They did a bunch of weird, risky stuff early game that kept them completely safe from pressure all the way until now. I urge everyone to go back and read those things.

It could be one of those insanely good gambits that win scum the game. Having two inventors sounds ridiculous, but we all bought it (me included). I think lynching CPU makes the most sense. This isn't lylo, and honestly even if I'm scum you learn nothing about anything if I die. If CPU flips scum, we basically know its annarchy or hodor

if cpu flips town, we know there 100% is a scum inventor

this makes the most sense
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:41 am

Post by hiplop »

its fucking notscience, pieguy and sakura

these are experienced, risky players. And at the start of the game we basically gave them the newb-clear. Thats nuts. These are VERY good players that we let slip by based on a stupid claim
CPU Candidates
CPU Candidates
Goon
CPU Candidates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:42 am

Post by CPU Candidates »

Our rolestop essentially made mattp a protective role, who could then keep klick alive another night to get more results.

pedit-

lmfao.

pedit2-

Lmfao2.0.
CPU Candidates
CPU Candidates
Goon
CPU Candidates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:42 am

Post by CPU Candidates »

Where exactly have you seen me play, hiplop?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not sure if you are still reading posts. Annarchy is not a scum inventor. She's not. She isn't. She's not going to be. It isn't so. Nay, thou art wrong.

I would rather lynch for scum than for information that may not even help us.

UNVOTE:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 am

Post by Pegasus30 »

Okay, here's my towncore so far:

1. Level 1-1
2. Pegasus - godfather theories are stupid when the cop is a 1-shot and the scum roles have been relatively powerful so far. I also don't buy into the 5 scum theory which is pretty stupid.
3. Hurricane Hodor - Their latest posts are good. A lot of them mirrored what I was thinking - first with scumreading Feysal, then backing up, and so on and so forth. Posts like this:
In post 1269, Hurricane Hodor wrote:Heartless's return was acknowledging one half lurks as scum and then giving three half-assed town reads.

Why is Pegasus getting wagonned over this slot?

In post 1340, Hurricane Hodor wrote:The things that stand out to me wrt that read are:

1) The move from questioning Shazam and trying to figure him out to hammering: push seemed artificial as shit and opportunistic.

2) Don't like that confidence after the quickhammer. Feysal didn't really seem *that* convinced Shazam was scum until accidentally hammering him, which is weird to me.

3) Saying Pegasus's claim was scummy because it was trying to cause counterclaims. It's pretty obvious that no one would counterclaim because their role was listed as a possibility.

4) Defense of Heartless being vigged after Hobgoblin died. His logic was that Heartless shouldn't be shot because he was a "shot in the dark" which is pretty weak reasoning, I find it more likely that he was sticking his neck out for a buddy after already losing one.

I also don't think they would so obviously try to save their partner if bussing is their preference. Their suspicion on Feysal was reasonable and logical and matched with what I thought of Feysal at that time. Why bus the hell out of heartless only to save another partner who isn't doing much at all to get Feysal vigged? Hell, Feysal was a free mislynch for scum.

In post 1388, Hurricane Hodor wrote:Did you miss the part where we started the hobgoblin and heartless lynch trains?

They didn't do this wrt Heartless. I was the one pushing Heartless for the longest time but overstating your role in a lynch is townie overconfidence.

In post 1393, Hurricane Hodor wrote:Why is Cephrir confirmed town again?

This is a good question. All I remember for why Cephrir was town was that he got tracked on a night someone got jailkept and an amnesiac cop result was sent to Hodor from Farside explaining why MattP trusted Annarchy's townread on Cephrir. In simpler terms: hogwash.

In post 1523, Hurricane Hodor wrote:Well Level being town is utterly unsurprising.
We should probably just lynch Feysal, but I haven't done my usual confirmation reading. Cephrir's the only other person who seems to have a decent chance of being scum.
VOTE: Feysal

This was pretty much exactly what I was thinking at the time.

In post 1552, Hurricane Hodor wrote:
Unvote

:/
Need to discuss Feysal. Doesn't seem scummy.

This is good posting.

In post 1554, Hurricane Hodor wrote:This + Pegasus push makes Feysal!scum unlikely to me, ftr.

Correct. There's no way scum go all out the way Feysal has demanding that he or I be lynched and claiming that he'll be avenged when I have my overlarge, inflated balloon of a head popped tomorrow.

In post 1557, Hurricane Hodor wrote:I think townreads on Cephrir are sort of naive.
Reading the role as town is bad. The only things I'm really reading from town as the slot are the "stop being assholes" bits, but that's not significant.

Agree here as well.

Like, a small minority of their posting D2 was irritating to read, sure but anyone actually reading Hurricane Hodor as scum seriously blows my mind.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 1587, hiplop wrote:Feysal you're clearing people with the idea that people only have one part to their role!

I am using everything I can think of. None of the flipped scum have had second roles, only modifiers. I could imagine an investigation immune inventor, but not one that also had what Cephrir or Annarchy has.

In post 1587, hiplop wrote:And honestly can we put it past CPU to lie? I'm not entirely sure.

I'm not sure either, but I consider that possibility remote. I was once troubled by the idea of two inventors in one game, but since MattP flipped town I've put that to rest. While CPU Candidates did not claim voluntarily, they did give an invention to MattP, and it was a good one that saved his life once.

In post 644, farside22 wrote:
In post 643, hiplop wrote:Good job you mother
fork
er farside you.

I love you too.

I thought there was more to this fork business, but I consider this proof that hiplop sent one to farside22. Therefore he cannot be the scum inventor either.

Someone unvote him please? I think paranoia is running rampant here, and it would suck if he gets lynched accidentally because of that one-shot hated.
CPU Candidates
CPU Candidates
Goon
CPU Candidates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:46 am

Post by CPU Candidates »

In post 1641, CPU Candidates wrote:Where exactly have you seen me play, hiplop?

Just so we're clear, I expect this answer when I get back from errands.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:47 am

Post by hiplop »

I'm fine with lynching ceprir or cpu

both make sense as scum, but not together to me?

which head is talking right now, cpu?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

Since I have time this time, I guess I'll bother to deconstruct why this wall is so bad.

In post 1643, Pegasus30 wrote:
2. Pegasus - godfather theories are stupid when the cop is a 1-shot and the scum roles have been relatively powerful so far. I also don't buy into the 5 scum theory which is pretty stupid.

A night 3 vanillaizer is not powerful.
A role that has to roll a die to see if it even does anything is not powerful.
A janitor is not all that powerful. It's certainly done absolutely nothing for them this game.

In post 1643, Pegasus30 wrote:3. Hurricane Hodor - Their latest posts are good. A lot of them mirrored what I was thinking - first with scumreading Feysal, then backing up, and so on and so forth.

It's not that hard to fabricate this. And there are enough players, that scum could post just about any opinion and have someone feel this way. So, next.

In post 1643, Pegasus30 wrote:I also don't think they would so obviously try to save their partner if bussing is their preference. Their suspicion on Feysal was reasonable and logical and matched with what I thought of Feysal at that time. Why bus the hell out of heartless only to save another partner who isn't doing much at all to get Feysal vigged? Hell, Feysal was a free mislynch for scum.

Heartless was so scummy that not bussing them would be pretty much a scumclaim, with other players in the game who are aware of why that slot was scum.

In post 1388, Hurricane Hodor wrote:Did you miss the part where we started the hobgoblin and heartless lynch trains?

They didn't do this wrt Heartless. I was the one pushing Heartless for the longest time but overstating your role in a lynch is townie overconfidence.

"Taking credit for things you didn't do is town"

Wow, that does not even merit a response.

In post 1393, Hurricane Hodor wrote:Why is Cephrir confirmed town again?

This is a good question. All I remember for why Cephrir was town was that he got tracked on a night someone got jailkept and an amnesiac cop result was sent to Hodor from Farside explaining why MattP trusted Annarchy's townread on Cephrir. In simpler terms: hogwash.

And questioning that is town how, exactly?

In post 1523, Hurricane Hodor wrote:Well Level being town is utterly unsurprising.
We should probably just lynch Feysal, but I haven't done my usual confirmation reading. Cephrir's the only other person who seems to have a decent chance of being scum.
VOTE: Feysal

This was pretty much exactly what I was thinking at the time.

I don't care? Yes, those sure are the people who were considered possible lynch targets at that time.

In post 1552, Hurricane Hodor wrote:
Unvote

:/
Need to discuss Feysal. Doesn't seem scummy.

This is good posting.

You must have a hard time playing scum if you can't fake emoticons

In post 1554, Hurricane Hodor wrote:This + Pegasus push makes Feysal!scum unlikely to me, ftr.

Correct. There's no way scum go all out the way Feysal has demanding that he or I be lynched and claiming that he'll be avenged when I have my overlarge, inflated balloon of a head popped tomorrow.

You appear to have confused being town with stating things that are logical

In post 1557, Hurricane Hodor wrote:I think townreads on Cephrir are sort of naive.
Reading the role as town is bad. The only things I'm really reading from town as the slot are the "stop being assholes" bits, but that's not significant.

Agree here as well.

Congratulations

In post 1643, Pegasus30 wrote:Like, a small minority of their posting D2 was irritating to read, sure but anyone actually reading Hurricane Hodor as scum seriously blows my mind.

Yes, it is mindblowing that someone could read those pretty bland, nothing-special posts and scumread them.

Since 99% of this was "they said things that I personally agree with" I guess you must be arrogant enough to think that all townies must think exactly the same way you do?

Man, I couldn't even say anything substantial about most of that, because it was so blatantly stupid.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Pegasus30
Pegasus30
Goon
Pegasus30
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Pegasus30 »

Towncore member #4: Feysal

So, the big thing I noticed when making the case against Feysal was that some things just didn't FIT. He did accuse me of bussing both Cephrir and Heartless. His suspicion of Shazam wasn't the best but it made some sense as it progressively got higher. And hell, I could even buy that he accidentally hammered, stupid though it may be (and little dude, think twice about calling people the "worst player" in the game after you can't be fucked to check the votecount before hammering, btw).

In post 1423, Feysal wrote:
Now, about Pegasus30. You suspected Heartless because of meta, right? Did you ever check what kind of meta Pegasus30 had? Last night I did.

Newbie 1598
Town. Alive until endgame, third highest post count.
Mini 1685
Town. Replaced in on day four, active in endgame.
Mini 1689
Town. Alive until endgame, second highest post count.
Newbie 1615
Scum. Complete nonentity, flaked out after one game post.

So tell me, does Pegasus30 look anything like his town play here? I think not, cop innocent be damned. That cop claim looked mighty convenient yesterday, and the way they messed up claiming their results today, I don't trust it. First one head says there was no PM, then another says there was, but on a different player. Right.

I actually liked this post. And you know what? He's right. I am NOT playing the way I played in those past games and I recognize it is a deviation from my "meta." Feysal taking the effort to even look through my previous games shows a town motive and effort when he could have simply raged about how I'm this antitown lurker.

His claim post (#1453) is quite nice too.

In post 1501, Feysal wrote:Whether it happens today or tomorrow, I will enjoy watching that balloon you use for a head get popped.

And this. I have a hard time seeing scum ever post anything of this sort in this situation at this time.

In post 1569, Feysal wrote:Oh, this is rich. The worst player in the game thinks we are mediocre for wanting to lynch him? And lies because he wants to get to know us? That must be hard to do while lurking and avoiding interactions.

Get over it. No seriously get over it. I'm not lurking now, and I'm trying pretty hard to parse this game together and I suggest you do the same.

Who remains?

1. Hiplop
2. CPU
3. Annarchy
4. Cephrir

I'm going to go over Hiplop next.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

It would be difficult to explain hiplop as a scum inventor, that's true. However, we've seen essentially no evidence of those inventions even existing, so I can imagine a scum inventor with some other ability as well could just be not using them. I suppose I might as well point out that CPU's claimed inventions are a bit eeeeehhhhh.
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”