Post by Prolapsed Brain »

Votecount 1.06

Bellaphant - 5 - TellTaleHeart, Varian-, ika, Alchemist21, Luna Fox
Luna Fox- 1 - Flow Alpha
PantherPunt - 1 - Firebringer
TellTaleHeart - 1 - PantherPunt
Varian- - 1 - MaxwellPuckett

Not Voting: Sparrowbird, Vedith, Lizard_Buttock, Bellaphant

Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-19 23:45:33)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
I LOVE MAFIA

It keeps me from killing the folks I know in meatspace....
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Luna Fox »

I personally don't think Flow sounds like scum. I can see why a townie could think in the way he's thinking, from his PoV he's all this excited about catching scum, then the scum replaces out. When i was initially reading the thread I personally thought my predecessor replaced out because he couldn't handle non-role madness games and would've rather someone else take care of it than bog down the slot, until he mentioned the real life issues.
On top of that there's literally no scum gain from keeping to push the slot for absurds reasons because no one's probably going to listen to them. Overall I don't see much scum gain and his thought process comes from what I think is a townie mind.
In post 296, Vedith wrote:Concerning the Bella wagon. Hopefully there will be more focus from the people voting her towards it. It's dropped off the radar a bit but the votes remain. Or are those votes just set?

I Initially voted Bella because my townreads were voting her, now she's not making her stance wrt me clear, which gives her a lot of openness to switch to either side wherever the wind blows so im happy leaving the vote there for now.
Lizard_Buttock
Lizard_Buttock
Goon
Lizard_Buttock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Lizard_Buttock »

@vedith's : Whose question does that answer? What you said doesn't make any sense. You either admitted to parroting flowalpha, or you didn't even read my post. VOTE: Vedith
Also, I completely forgot that Maxwell is in the game because he just hasn't posted. We have a good few aggressive, probably-town players, but then we have a few (ika, maxwell, varian) who are just sitting back and lurking, with the occaisional bit of content to dodge a prod.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:35 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 298, Flow Alpha wrote:joram is all but confirmed scum in my eyes now. the way he immediately vanished like a magician doing a trick after pressure was applied makes me think he's a scum who knows he's been caught and lost motivation to play the game.

Did you see the multiple responses earlier saying that the replace-out was null?
Sparrowbird
Sparrowbird
Townie
Sparrowbird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:49 am

Post by Sparrowbird »

Welcome to Shitfest 2015!
Vote: Bellaphant

This is so I have enough time to read shit without it growing so fast I never catch up!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Vedith »

@Lizard - Did you even read the original question? :facepalm:

I see that I will need to spoon feed you with this one.
The question was to all. I responded with my thought. It could have gone 3 ways - I have a town tell, I have a scum tell, I have a null tell. Mine was the null tell (Which means that I chose 1 of those 3 options, just to clarify).

Now, my question to you, why does my comment of null concern you more than Alch and Ika comment of a null?
Does that not seem odd that you are trying to focus on such a thing without looking at whole picture? isn't that what scum would do to draw attention to one player, right?
Although I would only see that as the case if their scum partner were in focus lead, otherwise it's not worth the risk.
I claim scum \o/
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Luna Fox »

And sparrowbird has gone back to scumlean. Doesn't even check the vote count and puts Bella to L-1 without apparently reading anything.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:55 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 274, Bellaphant wrote:@luna, how is that less of a stance than 'gut' and 'I like them'? I'd argue it is substantially more.

@Panth, agreed. Any more thoughts? Response to Luna's vote?

Luna's vote was, and is, terribad.

@Luna
- just FYI, if you want to vote a wagon, you need to give a reason for thinking that person is scum. Like a good reason.
If you are saying that you are sheeping your townreads, then you need to have a good reason for thinking those people are town. Like several good reasons. "Gut" "Feel" "Tone" are hardly good enough to put faith in others' reads and votes. Having empty townreads smacks of scum TMI.

Otherwise, you look
very
scummy if that slot flips town. So, I'll give you another chance to explain your townreads who voted before you on the Bella wagon.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:56 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 306, Luna Fox wrote:And sparrowbird has gone back to scumlean. Doesn't even check the vote count and puts Bella to L-1 without apparently reading anything.

Your reads are utterly and completely meaningless to me at this time, FYI
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:57 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 304, Sparrowbird wrote:Welcome to Shitfest 2015!
Vote: Bellaphant

This is so I have enough time to read shit without it growing so fast I never catch up!

You implied the L-1, but it would be better if you posted the L-1 (as Luna alluded to). I need to catch up too. Look forward to your thoughts.

Bella is at L-1

Changed color from ModBlue. ~~PB
Last edited by Prolapsed Brain on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 307, PantherPunt wrote:Otherwise, you look
very
scummy if that slot flips town. So, I'll give you another chance to explain your townreads who voted before you on the Bella wagon.

Except you're assuming that I care how I look if Bella flips town, I haven't liked Bella's response, Gut reads is because i have a hard time explaining them, so i call them gut. I don't need a strong reason to townread someone to sheep them, specially with the low info i have on D1, you're assuming too many things, and none of those are scum motivated.
If you had an issue with my vote which had "sheeping townreads" as reason, why dont you have any issue with sparrowbird's vote which never implied any reason at all?
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:19 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 276, Alchemist21 wrote:@Panther, what is it about TTH you find scummy? You said you had a bad feeling about her, and even looking back at your exchange I don't get why you're voting her.
Couple things...

In post 71, TellTaleHeart wrote:My vote stems from . Complaining about the gamestate when there wasn't anything particularly annoying to complain about feels like an awkward space filler.

In post 50, Bellaphant wrote:UNVOTE:

TTH heart naked voted rather than asking questions. Hmm.

"Hmm." indeed. I'm a little interested in why you would think that's scummy given how Bees went (reference).

This sounded off. Like she already planned to naked vote Bella because she did so in Bees and TTH was town there so obviously she must be town now. The self meta is always a scum red flag for me.

In post 135, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 130, PantherPunt wrote:So, I have a good feeling about Flow, Max, and Bella being town to start the game out.

I have a bad feeling about Alchemist, Varian, and TTH.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the IC/SE's from your newbie game were scum.

You can call this a tinfoil if you'd like, but I think she already took a look at my first game and knew that. And she was trying to deflect attention from those that I mentioned with this "guess" of a reason. But in reality, that makes no sense. In that post, I said I had a good feeling about Bella. Bella is an SE/IC. So how is her argument consistent? And it just straight up doesn't make sense that I'm associating a playstyle/posting style with SE/IC players. There is ZERO correlation. Knowing that she attends CMU, I would think she's smart enough to realize there is no correlation. Thus, I believe it was a very weird, manufactured point.

In post 142, TellTaleHeart wrote:You're scum reading a set of people with very similar writing/playing styles. I wouldn't go so far as to say we've been "discussion leaders" but the people you named definitely are more... involved? I can't really find the right word right now. :S

I think it's pretty analogous to the role an SE or IC would fill in a newbie game, thus my guess.

"can't find the right word" is flaily as a response to me saying the correlation makes no sense.

To add to it (and this is slightly reachy)...
In post 172, TellTaleHeart wrote:Well
now
I'm dying to see if I was right or not.

So at this point she implies that she has not in fact checked my first game. Then 3 minutes later...
In post 175, TellTaleHeart wrote:You turd! I was right!
Graffiti

Vedith called her on it, but I will re-iterate. She was dying to know if she was right. She clicked my name, went to my topics, got to the OP, checked the Alive/Dead spoiler, and posted in this thread with a link to the game that she edited to read "Grafitti." It's tinfoily, I know. But the fact that her "suspicion" that I played a game with SE/IC scum was coincidentally correct, and that she somehow tried to defend herself, Alch, and Varian on the basis that I'm paranoid about a playstyle that is somehow universal among SE/ICs (which is nonsense), while also ignoring that I said I had a town feel on Bella, makes me think she was doing a whole bunch of lying and manufactured/nonsensical dismissing of my post.

If she's scum, it may have been a good play on her part. It was early and if it was another player, they may have dismissed their suspicions and moved on. But she picked the wrong person to try that shit on (if she's scum) because it only made me much more skeptical bc the argument was nonsense. My vote stays and I encourage others to consider this point, despite the fact that it is a bit reachy. I feel it's more valid than any other scumreads. Certainly more valid than the scumread on Bella.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Vedith »

Confess Bella! Tell us what you know!
I claim scum \o/
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:21 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 310, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 307, PantherPunt wrote:Otherwise, you look
very

Except you're assuming that I care how I look if Bella flips town, I haven't liked Bella's response, Gut reads is because i have a hard time explaining them, so i call them gut. I don't need a strong reason to townread someone to sheep them, specially with the low info i have on D1, you're assuming too many things, and none of those are scum motivated.
If you had an issue with my vote which had "sheeping townreads" as reason, why dont you have any issue with sparrowbird's vote which never implied any reason at all?

1. I'm assuming you give a damn about lynching scum. Sheeping weak gut townreads does not sound like you give a damn about lynching scum.
2. I've seen your posts this game and they are wholly underwhelming. You either tried to manufacture a false case on me and packpedalled hard when you realized you picked the wrong townie to do it to. Or you seriously had a bad case of "can't-read-English-itis". So I'm going to wait to see what Sparrowbird has to say in the thread before full blown scumreading them, if you don't mind?
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:24 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 310, Luna Fox wrote:

Your also putting words in Sparrowbird's mouth. They didn't say they were sheeping townreads. They said they are putting that vote down so the thread slows down and they can catch up.

This is another case of you misrepresenting people and it's going to send you to the noose if you don't stop doing it.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:25 am

Post by PantherPunt »

*ebwop: ok you said "no reason at all"
still, there was a reason. so you're still misrepresenting
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 313, PantherPunt wrote:I'm assuming you give a damn about lynching scum. Sheeping weak gut townreads does not sound like you give a damn about lynching scum.

Bella's scum tho, so i don't see how me voting Bella = me not giiving a damn about lynching scum.
In post 313, PantherPunt wrote:I've seen your posts this game and they are wholly underwhelming.

Why is underwhelming scum and not town, why can't it be either, or just town? Do you realize that this is heavily playstyle related right?
In post 313, PantherPunt wrote:You either tried to manufacture a false case on me and packpedalled hard when you realized you picked the wrong townie to do it to. Or you seriously had a bad case of "can't-read-English-itis".

English not my first language, but i try, I literally saw you vote alchemist and thought you had quoted alchemist and were trying to scumpaint him, idk what's so hard to understand there orz
In post 313, PantherPunt wrote:So I'm going to wait to see what Sparrowbird has to say in the thread before full blown scumreading them, if you don't mind?

I don't mind this, I just don't get why you seemed to not care about sparrow's vote at all while painting mine in a bad light, but if this is not the case then my apologies, god forgive me for asking you a question about a cogdis in your thought process.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:27 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 312, Vedith wrote:Confess Bella! Tell us what you know!

what does this mean?
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 317, PantherPunt wrote:

what does this mean?

I'm pretty sure it means "Claim"
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:29 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 316, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 313, PantherPunt wrote:I'm assuming you give a damn about lynching scum. Sheeping weak gut townreads does not sound like you give a damn about lynching scum.

Bella's scum tho, so i don't see how me voting Bella = me not giiving a damn about lynching scum.

wut? I thought you were just sheeping gut townreads? why say it so decidedly?
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:29 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 318, Luna Fox wrote:

what does this mean?

I didn't ask you. I asked Vedith. Please don't do that again. I've already expressed that I scumread one person asking a question directed at another person. if you come back with "well you didn't say @Vedith" then I'm voting for you.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:30 am

Post by Luna Fox »

In post 319, PantherPunt wrote:wut? I thought you were just sheeping gut townreads? why say it so decidedly?

For someone bashing me for my reading comprehension, you sure aren't reading my posts:
In post 301, Luna Fox wrote:I Initially voted Bella because my townreads were voting her, now she's not making her stance wrt me clear, which gives her a lot of openness to switch to either side wherever the wind blows so im happy leaving the vote there for now.
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:31 am

Post by PantherPunt »

In post 321, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 319, PantherPunt wrote:wut? I thought you were just sheeping gut townreads? why say it so decidedly?

For someone bashing me for my reading comprehension, you sure aren't reading my posts:
In post 301, Luna Fox wrote:I Initially voted Bella because my townreads were voting her, now she's not making her stance wrt me clear, which gives her a lot of openness to switch to either side wherever the wind blows so im happy leaving the vote there for now.

So since she didn't explicitly say she is leaning you town or scum, and because she asked some questions, she is 100% lock scum for you?
PantherPunt
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
PantherPunt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:31 am

Post by PantherPunt »

**320 should read "one person *answering* a question directed at another person
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 320, PantherPunt wrote:
In post 318, Luna Fox wrote:

what does this mean?

I didn't ask you. I asked Vedith. Please don't do that again. I've already expressed that I scumread one person asking a question directed at another person. if you come back with "well you didn't say @Vedith" then I'm voting for you.

Well you didn't say @Vedith... It looked like a general question for everyone. :giggle:
I don't need to answer btw, it's already answered.
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Open Games”