Mini 1714: Justified Season 2 Mafia (Endgame)

Vinkah
Vinkah
Goon
Vinkah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Vinkah »

i think i've played with xtoxm a few times and have never been able to successfully read that style of play.
i don't know if i would be opposed to it, but i kind of want to see what his reads are before i get my ass off this fence.
Vinkah
Vinkah
Goon
Vinkah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Vinkah »

do you disagree with a pops lynch, shinobi?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 493, Shinobi wrote:
In post 492, Untrod Tripod wrote:he's a mystery

All of these things are going on and he comes in to talk about school.
It's absurd.

lol.. kids..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Konowa »

In post 449, Scorpious wrote:Dwlee,Vinkah,and you..

have you ever expanded on this or why you aren't pressuring any of us?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Vinkah
Vinkah
Goon
Vinkah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Vinkah »

In post 503, Konowa wrote:
In post 449, Scorpious wrote:Dwlee,Vinkah,and you..

have you ever expanded on this or why you aren't pressuring any of us?

i suck at this alt shit. sorry.
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:14 am

Post by I_Am_Not_Varsoon »

I am still not super crazy about the Xtox wagon. I am looking at his posts all over the site, and he is in two other games and he is not exactly lighting threads on fire anywhere (which is the only reason why I might not like his wagon). That said, I really want Xtox's read list sooner rather than later as we come up on the deadline.

If my choices are between Xtox and Pops, I might go pops depending on how xtox responds; even if I think I like Pops as a person, I don't think many of his later posts are that useful (even if they brought brief joy to a bleak and meaningless life within a frustrating game). I am also reading through Scorpious's ISO. I think a lot of his contributions are on the weaker side, but people sometimes have different reads than me without being scum. Could you explain your reads, Scorp?

In post 489, catboi wrote:
In post 486, I_Am_Not_Varsoon wrote:
In post 483, catboi wrote:
In post 482, I_Am_Not_Varsoon wrote:@Chamber I sort of hate your naked vote. It is almost like you took shinobi's line about not needing to question the pops wagon to heart. If you want to pressure pops or build a legit wagon on him then make an argument. As it stands, I don't think your vote does anything but make you look like you are more engaged than you really are.

Lmao

"Sterling insight dood." -Catdog post

That's the level of response your post merited~

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 505, I_Am_Not_Varsoon wrote:and he is in two other games and he is not exactly lighting threads on fire anywhere

don't talk about ongoing games.
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:35 am

In post 506, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 505, I_Am_Not_Varsoon wrote:and he is in two other games and he is not exactly lighting threads on fire anywhere

don't talk about ongoing games.

Oh shit. That counts? I did not even read any of the posts. I just counted the numbers and noted the dates.

Hey mod. If my post is a problem, could you redact it for me ore something?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:40 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

you won't get in trouble for that, especially as a first offense, I just want to make sure you know that the ongoing games rule is taken super duper seriously and that's fairly borderline
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

There's no need to tread on in that grey area when Xtoxm has plenty of lackluster past games to choose from.

There's some games where I feel like my play was pretty bad and I understand getting mislynched and don't necessarily expect lots of scum to be on the wagon. I'm not sure this is one of those games.

I'm having an awful lot of trouble understanding how I compare poorly to Scorpious when the stated reason is contribution level. It seems to me like the real difference is lynchability !Varsoon, and that doesn't build faith in your slot.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:31 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

"Sometimes I look at you and I never want to see you again."
"Other times?"
"There are no other times."

Vote Count 1.10

!Varsoon (3)
- catboi, Untrod Tripod, Dwlee99
Xtoxm (3)
- LLD, Yimmy, Shinobi
popsofctown (2)
- Vinkah, chamber
chamber (1)
- popsofctown

Not voting (4): Xtoxm, Scorpious, !Varsoon, Quilford

With 13 alive, it'll take 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-15 20:30:00)

Vinkah; my apologies, I missed your V/LA. I heartily recommend that everyone make use of the V/LA tab in the User Control Panel, which reminds mods who are checking the thread's activity overview that there is a reason behind absences. Redacting your official prod.
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:34 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 507, I_Am_Not_Varsoon wrote:
Hey mod. If my post is a problem, could you redact it for me ore something?

Don't worry about it this time but, yes, UT is right: 'He's active elsewhere on site' is probably about as specific as is worth getting on something like that. It's safer and easier to just not reference ongoing games in any way.
#greenshirtthursdays
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:59 am

In post 509, popsofctown wrote:There's no need to tread on in that grey area when Xtoxm has plenty of lackluster past games to choose from.

There's some games where I feel like my play was pretty bad and I understand getting mislynched and don't necessarily expect lots of scum to be on the wagon. I'm not sure this is one of those games.

I'm having an awful lot of trouble understanding how I compare poorly to Scorpious when the stated reason is contribution level. It seems to me like the real difference is lynchability !Varsoon, and that doesn't build faith in your slot.

Well, I had a pretty early town read on Scorp, really. I feel like he just seems "towny" in the way a lot of people see dwlee as towny, I guess. At the risk of sounding shitty, I think Scorp just seems kind of lost and grabbing onto stuff a lot of times.

I don't think you compare poorly Scorp. In fact, I am trying to decide if I should vote Scorp or not. I think that his reads were weak and when he could have tried to build cases in posts and , he countered with just "why". I think Shin was being a little flippant there, but that response is kind of worthless, frankly. Also much like Yimmy, since his reads post, he has not really tried to push any of those wagons aside from maybe dwlee. He hasn't put down a vote since the Phantom wagon and I really have not liked many other of his other reads. Also, his reasoning for not liking dwlee was kind of terrible, right?

Here:
In post 472, Scorpious wrote:
In post 469, Dwlee99 wrote:Is naked voting not frowned upon here or something..?

my offsite also puts more emphasis on voting etiquette,but I agree,it is far from universal.

and to answer your question Lee, I find you scummy because I dont like how you seemed to fade out of the picture when the PC vote hit L1.

I am not sure how this is scum play.
@Scorp: Hey Scorp, are you implying that Dwlee was trying to distance themselves from the wagon? Why would that be a scum tell if so? I can think of two scenarios but I don't think either are particularly compelling.

@Pops: All that aside, here is why I worry about you. Other people thought that your response post to me was scummy. If it was scummy, I think it was only scummy in that it was sort of a theory post and maybe sort of a buddying post. Frankly, I think it came off as earnest and thoughtful which would--I think--belie a certain level of emotional intelligence that I have not seen in posts before then or since then.

Also, now you are FoSing me for a pretty shitty reason, I think. I never really compared you to Scorpious directly and I have made it pretty clear in the past that I am not sure about your wagon OR Xtoxm's wagon. I mentioned you and Xtoxm together because (along with me) that seems to be what the "lynchable" options are, yeah? Of those three, I like you the least for town.

However, I mentioned scorp because he is an option worth looking at.

Do
you
think Scopious is a good wagon?

VOTE: Scorpious

@DB: Thanks.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by catboi »

VOTE: Quilford
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:05 pm

Wait. I guess Shinobi might be lynchable too. I dunno. I like that wagon way less than either Xtox or Pops. I really worry about this deadline since I am probably not going to be around much over the weekend again (just because I will be at computers so much less often) so when I come back for tealsies there will be very little time left to build a new wagon or w/e (not that I don't trust anyone else to scum hunt -w-).
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:06 pm

@Cat: Whoa. What is the story there?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by catboi »

See if you can't figure it out without being spoonfed
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Sick burn, homie. I'll probably use that in an image macro later too next time you think I haven't explained myself well enough. The image macro will become my squirt bottle of justice, correcting your annoying play habits with the cold wet mist of irony.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by catboi »

That wasn't an insult I was actually asking you to figure out why I'm voting him
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
I_Am_Not_Varsoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Haha. Maybe I am being too adversarial. Fuck me, I actually kind of see it.
Well, I never really liked post (it has flawed reasoning, imo), but I kind of wrote that off as Quil being super convinced by her reasons in .

Aside from that, the unvote seemed kind of back-pedal-y/purposefully inoffensive. I generally don't like to unvote unless I am afraid that a lynch will go through soon (and result in a mislynch or a good lynch with less information generated) and that seemed pretty unlikely to me in this case. That is weird, but I dunno.

Other than that, Quil had been really monofocused on on the shinobi wagon and has not really done much else otherwise. :T
Honestly, I thought that initial post was pretty towny and the Shinobi misread was coming from her not entirely understanding the context of the game yet, but I am questioning my feelings there now.

Is there anything I am missing, Cat?

@Quil Got anything to say about what I am laying down here?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Scorpious is not a bad wagon, it's the kind of thing I might like to see shot instead though
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Quilford »

I unvote frequently and in fact was nominated for a Scummy for my response last time someone brought me up on my unvoting habits.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Eh, I'd be inclined to think townies would unvote if they became unsure about the slot. Those are weak reasons for a scum read on Quil.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Quilford »

Speaking of which,
mod: you didn't pick up my unvote in the latest votecount
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 519, I_Am_Not_Varsoon wrote:Honestly, I thought that initial post was pretty towny and the Shinobi misread was coming from her not entirely understanding the context of the game yet

I assure you I had understood the game, there was no misread and Shinobi had really been doing jack-all at the time I entered the game. I suspect and vote people who don't scumhunt.

I haven't really posted about anyone else yet because Shinobi was the only player I formed an outright negative opinion of when reading through; I have a bunch of people sitting at null (pops, UT, LLD and catboi) and I've been spending, and am continuing to spend, my time looking at their posts.

The current wagons don't really appeal to me. I'm not really enthused by the !Varsoon wagon at all and am somewhat suspicious of its proponents (I don't like UT voting him for his entrance 15 pages in. I think if !Varsoon was scum, UT would have more recent examples of things he thinks are scummy). Xtoxm too seems to have been making perfectly serviceable posts and again, I'm not really down with the people voting for him (LLD reads to me as deliberately inflammatory in her early posts; not saying she doesn't have form for that or that it's not a valid tactic for townies to use, but I expect a bit more light and shade from townies as they reconsider whether or not they're still on the mark, whereas she was really not letting up at all.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”