Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Rod Serling »

Vote count:

Xtoxm (4) - Elbirn, Edgar Allen, xxb, lizard
Edgar Allan (2) - antihero, xtoxm

With 18 alive it will take 10 to lynch
Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-28 08:15:00)
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:12 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1622, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Your scum game feels very nebulous. From what I've seen, you maintain distance and say just enough to be considered a part of the game.
Furthermore, from what I've seen of your town game, you bring the heat as town and are very vocal when it comes to contributing to a wagon you feel good about.
The weak-sheep and hop onto my wagon here falls far more into the realm of your scumgame than towngame.

My bulk of experience is coming directly from some of your most recent games: Space Dandy Mafia (which I modded), Saki Achiga-hen, and New York 185: Freshwater Frenzy.
Of course, I am also following your play in at least two ongoing games. We shall not speak of those.
In Space Dandy Mafia, you were scum. You held onto your vote and typically threw it at townies without much articulation. "Let's wagon something" was often the most you'd put down there. Since I followed along with the Scum PT, I knew that you were calculating these votes and thought a lot about your role in the game and how to push the momentum of the game with your votes. In fact, your scum PT activity rivaled that of your main thread activity for a long time, and it wasn't until later stages of the game that you were posting more in the actual game.
In Saki Achiga-hen, you were scum. You would often either join wagons early or late. You would not add much to articulate your votes, but you were a presence otherwise. I'm actually glad I went back to read this game, because I previously thought a town tell of yours was to use color-coded reads lists, but you did that in Saki, so I've discarded the notion. Anyway. Compare all this to...
New York 185, where you were town. Your vote on Ipie is backed by substantial quotes and rationale. Your vote on Egg comes after a long (for you) post about why you think Egg is scum. Otherwise, you are very quiet that game, which surprised me when you came out against Egg in full force with your JOAT reveal.

Regardless, as evidenced by the differences in your play in these three games, I've got the feeling that you play your cards close to your chest as both alignments, but that you're much more willing to sling your vote around as scum. I feel as though your play is fairly calculated as either alignment, but that your scum approach is a bit less 'serious' and a bit more concerned with maintaining certain fronts. There's also an issue of you constantly making an effort to distance yourself from the Space Dandy game--it's come up twice now. Hm.

While this is fairly limited info to go off of, I think it's enough to respond to your vote on me, as you haven't really weighed in on my slot or your trust in Antihero all game. There's a single mention of you being okay with a wagon on me back in 805, but that's it.

Trust, I'm not really one to rely on meta. Most of why I am voting you is to suss out the reasons for your vote on me, and to get the second day moving with some momentum. If it'll help players figure me and you out, it's for the best, as I believe both of us are a blind spot for many people.

I'm interested in what your thoughts on Drixx are. Do you still think Drixx may be scum?

-V

3/10

meh
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1619, hiplop wrote:
In post 1600, Spiffeh wrote:Can we vote hiplop?

I'm getting tired of the "I'm still catching up!" BS and I've seen scum do that to just skate by before.

ive been in this game for like 3 days give me a fucking break

town does it too. its null. seriously this attitude is why I/others often dont replace into games.

actually it's closer to a week
you replaced in last tuesday
._.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

We can't all have cop-confirmed guilties.
Oh wait
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1607, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Also, if anyone wants to buy me a pizza, I'd really appreciate it it, just hit me up. <3

Spoiler:
won't buy you one but here's one i tried recently that i liked.

use spicy ranch salad dressing as the base. top w/:
>monterey jack
>slices of chicken
>red onion

put that on a crust and bake. in a separate bowl, toss up:
>diced tomatoes
>peppers (i used jalapeños, but i like spicy stuff, you could use diced bell pepper and get away w/ it i think)
>sliced avacado
>corn
>black beans

take your pizza out of the oven. use the mixture you made separately to top your pizza slices.
since the avocado oxidizes (turns brown), you might want to use JUST enough of those for however much you plan on eating at the time. the other stuff you can just keep in the separate container and spoon over pizza slices.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1628, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:We can't all have cop-confirmed guilties.
Oh wait

i went back and looked at the games you were talking about and i read your think and went
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i mean... these kinds of meta arguments are pretty good about ending in mislynches. i'm not that inspired by any of it, esp. considering the meta you're using is 3 months old and in the summer when ppl generally have more free time.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Antihero »

how are you feeling about nacho?
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:59 am

In post 1626, Antihero wrote:
In post 1622, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Your scum game feels very nebulous. From what I've seen, you maintain distance and say just enough to be considered a part of the game.
Furthermore, from what I've seen of your town game, you bring the heat as town and are very vocal when it comes to contributing to a wagon you feel good about.
The weak-sheep and hop onto my wagon here falls far more into the realm of your scumgame than towngame.

My bulk of experience is coming directly from some of your most recent games: Space Dandy Mafia (which I modded), Saki Achiga-hen, and New York 185: Freshwater Frenzy.
Of course, I am also following your play in at least two ongoing games. We shall not speak of those.
In Space Dandy Mafia, you were scum. You held onto your vote and typically threw it at townies without much articulation. "Let's wagon something" was often the most you'd put down there. Since I followed along with the Scum PT, I knew that you were calculating these votes and thought a lot about your role in the game and how to push the momentum of the game with your votes. In fact, your scum PT activity rivaled that of your main thread activity for a long time, and it wasn't until later stages of the game that you were posting more in the actual game.
In Saki Achiga-hen, you were scum. You would often either join wagons early or late. You would not add much to articulate your votes, but you were a presence otherwise. I'm actually glad I went back to read this game, because I previously thought a town tell of yours was to use color-coded reads lists, but you did that in Saki, so I've discarded the notion. Anyway. Compare all this to...
New York 185, where you were town. Your vote on Ipie is backed by substantial quotes and rationale. Your vote on Egg comes after a long (for you) post about why you think Egg is scum. Otherwise, you are very quiet that game, which surprised me when you came out against Egg in full force with your JOAT reveal.

Regardless, as evidenced by the differences in your play in these three games, I've got the feeling that you play your cards close to your chest as both alignments, but that you're much more willing to sling your vote around as scum. I feel as though your play is fairly calculated as either alignment, but that your scum approach is a bit less 'serious' and a bit more concerned with maintaining certain fronts. There's also an issue of you constantly making an effort to distance yourself from the Space Dandy game--it's come up twice now. Hm.

While this is fairly limited info to go off of, I think it's enough to respond to your vote on me, as you haven't really weighed in on my slot or your trust in Antihero all game. There's a single mention of you being okay with a wagon on me back in 805, but that's it.

Trust, I'm not really one to rely on meta. Most of why I am voting you is to suss out the reasons for your vote on me, and to get the second day moving with some momentum. If it'll help players figure me and you out, it's for the best, as I believe both of us are a blind spot for many people.

I'm interested in what your thoughts on Drixx are. Do you still think Drixx may be scum?

-V

3/10

meh

I prepared an artist's rendering of you, Antihero. I prefer a well articulated playstyle. I am not Varsoon.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:36 pm

I'm super skeptical of Nacho and I really don't know what to make of the 'guilty' he has on Elli.
I guess we can figure that out.
And yeah, I typically have the same response to meta, too.

I am Varsoon.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by Antihero »

wow did i step into a fucking roast or something?

jeez...
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1633, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I'm super skeptical of Nacho and I really don't know what to make of the 'guilty' he has on Elli.

I am Varsoon.

I have something to reassure you; as of last night, I am also a Miller!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Peptobislawl
Peptobislawl
Goon
Peptobislawl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by Peptobislawl »

In post 1635, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Your gonna have to clarify that statement. How the hell did you
become
a Miller overnight?
Show
Will protect people not in the game

"I'm with the insane cop" -Pepto 2015

References games from other sites in his sig
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I have absolutely no idea.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'd love if anyone could clarify first before we open the floor for claims for "who targetted me". I'm not even 100% sold this isn't being caused by my own role, but will say that if it is scum fucking with me, there's only one player in this game who could be pulling the strings.

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Wake1 »

In post 1579, Xiao Xiao Buns wrote:zzzx needs to talk right or get lynched right

Or maybe you could 'talk right' yourself.

Remember all that crap about those people being Scum? Yeah. That.

I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you think this is going to be a continuing pattern you are mistaken.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Drixx »

It's day two and we have flips, so I have info to start making logical connections and actually be able to view things with some sort of reliability.

My gut reaction to the flips is that I was right about XXB. My paranoia is that XXB and KC could have been a TvT and I misread them and KC was killed so I would do my thing and push for XXB lynch. This is already a long game to re-read, but I will try and re-read the XXB vs. KC posts during office hours tomorrow and see if anything is apparent now that we have KC's flip. I'll post my thoughts either way, with the caveat that it may be late if any of my students take advantage of office hours. It's so early in the semester, I don't really have any work to do that I didn't already do, so office hours are free time unless a miracle happens an an undergrad actually takes advantage of 1on1 time with me.

On a separate note:

I think I owe a brief apology to the game. I kind of underestimated how much work I would have with the start of semester. The last few I was teaching as an Associate while I finished up grad school, and I had the same classes so there wasn't really anything extra necessary at the start of semester other than the usual mess of setting up the grading and course materials stuff in blackboard. That was kind of foolish of me, since I have 3 new classes this semester, 2 of which I'm originating instead of continuing with the same prior course structure from the previous professor. I'm probably going to be pressed for time for another week or so and it will settle down for me time wise. Since there's light at the end of the tunnel, I'd like to not replace out. I also will be out of town next weekend for my Grandfather's memorial service and then I will go with my uncle and spread his ashes where he wished and hopefully there will be some catharsis there.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1633, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I'm super skeptical of Nacho and I really don't know what to make of the 'guilty' he has on Elli.

I am Varsoon.

Were you turned into a miller, or did you learn that you are a miller?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1639, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1579, Xiao Xiao Buns wrote:zzzx needs to talk right or get lynched right

Or maybe you could 'talk right' yourself.

Remember all that crap about those people being Scum? Yeah. That.

I'm inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt, but if you think this is going to be a continuing pattern you are mistaken.

So
What's the sauce on this, having incorrect scumreads is a scumtell?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1641, Elbirn wrote:

I am Varsoon.

Were you turned into a miller, or did you learn that you are a miller?

I learned that I was a Miller.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1640, Drixx wrote:My paranoia is that XXB and KC could have been a TvT and I misread them and KC was killed so I would do my thing and push for XXB lynch.

I don't think scum would kill KC for that reason.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Xtoxm

Making myself useful before I have time to catch up.

BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:51 am

Post by BlueMoonRising »

Nacho sounds like he is bsing now.

vote nacho
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

What sounds like bs specifically?

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:54 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ok seriously it's hard to not call the Xoxtm votes BS when there was like absolutely no mention of him by anyone yesterday.
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:55 am

Post by BlueMoonRising »

If anything we need to lynch nacho to find out how bastard this game is. I find it hard to believe that all the bastard things are happening to nacho.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”