Three-Pronged Trouser God Mafia GAME OVER- Happy Ending?

masters of fart
masters of fart
Goon
masters of fart
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4100 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by masters of fart »

FFS
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4101 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by Imperium »

?
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4102 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I tend to believe Imperium but not as much as I would if this game wasn't multiball.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4103 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

So, I'm really not seeing why this has to be any more complex than "DGB investigated Imp to the kill" and all of this is Imp's attempt to get out of it.

Comments re: Imp's (Tammy's?) gamestate knowledge seem more neutral than anything, honestly.

In post 4082, Imperium wrote:voided, this was all you had to say about the guilty on us?

...No? I said more than that. Thanks for only quoting one instance.

Like, it seems pretty clear to me barring some gross misunderstanding on DGB's part. Or unless you're claiming to be a plain amnesiac cop and not an even-night one, which you might have because most of the theorycrafting went over my head and never really seemed to counter the fact that DGB saw you at Slobberknocker, who died, when you had no explanation beforehand as to why you would be there because your stated abilities did not leave any room for you to go
anywhere
last night. And any explanation you
are
giving sounds like an attempt to use the complex nature of the game (as we understand it so far to be) as a way to obfuscate that you were caught.

Is that what you want me to say?

And for the record, you-scum being redirected makes more sense than you-scum actually targeting Slobber because why the fuck would you even shoot them. I'm not completely writing the latter off because it's still a plausible scenario compared to what you've been suggesting, but still.

In post 4086, masters of fart wrote:How about the killer is a ninja??

Plausible, but I don't see why any scum would target slobberknocker, period. They already claimed miller, and they were nowhere near being a presence in the game nor onto any sort of substantial push from what I recall. They'd be a good vig, certainly, but not scumkill material?

If it was meant as an obfuscation/confusion-brewing kill, well, they succeeded.

P-EDIT: OH MY FUCKING GOD SO MANY PREVIEW POSTS.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Jaqen Hghar
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Jaqen Hghar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4104 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:08 pm

Post by Jaqen Hghar »

In post 4015, Imperium wrote:Also DGB is probably town and I was probably completely wrong on naked jogger because I think as scum she'd just push this with abandon instead of try to get to the bottom of it.

And you see no possible way that just maybe, I know this is a stretch, that she's the one who redirected you, dropped that she saw you visit Slobber, and the is sitting back laughing her ass off while everything implodes around you. Like I said, I know it's a stretch but have you not considered that given how she didn't vote you or come to your defense by clearing up exactly what she was saying?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4105 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4103, Voidedmafia wrote:So, I'm really not seeing why this has to be any more complex than "DGB investigated Imp to the kill" and all of this is Imp's attempt to get out of it.

1) We asked for a town redirector to claim at the beginning of the day, which is a pretty strong indicator that we were claiming that we were redirected.
2) We claimed full amnesiac cop. No one has counterclaimed this. There hasn't been an amnesiac cop result today. This is a strong indicator that we actually were redirected.
3) Slobberknocker died. Slobberknocker was watched and the results were sent to DGB (they weren't hers).

None of this seems a tiny bit off to you? Really?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4106 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:11 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4103, Voidedmafia wrote:Or unless you're claiming to be a plain amnesiac cop and not an even-night one, which you might have because most of the theorycrafting went over my head and never really seemed to counter the fact that DGB saw you at Slobberknocker, who died, when you had no explanation beforehand as to why you would be there because your stated abilities did not leave any room for you to go anywhere last night. And any explanation you are giving sounds like an attempt to use the complex nature of the game (as we understand it so far to be) as a way to obfuscate that you were caught.

We are a full amnesiac cop, as we said several times. Sheeping Gorkington and saying that we're obfuscating things by "theorycrafting" is horseshit horseshit horseshit. We also talked about a redirector at the beginning of the day. Why do you think we did this? For our own health?

And do you really think we're lying about being full amnesiac cop when there are confirmable results sent places, and, again, no one is counterclaiming and for some reason we're really really really confident about no one counterclaiming?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4103, Voidedmafia wrote:Is that what you want me to say?

And for the record, you-scum being redirected makes more sense than you-scum actually targeting Slobber because why the fuck would you even shoot them. I'm not completely writing the latter off because it's still a plausible scenario compared to what you've been suggesting, but still.

Yes. Why the fuck would we shoot them is correct.
Why the fuck would someone
watch
them on the same night we died is a much bigger question mark because you can make bullshit WIFOM kills as scum sure but anyone who actually watched slobberknocker is ???????????
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Imperium »

we died doesn't belong there
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4104, Jaqen Hghar wrote:
In post 4015, Imperium wrote:Also DGB is probably town and I was probably completely wrong on naked jogger because I think as scum she'd just push this with abandon instead of try to get to the bottom of it.

And you see no possible way that just maybe, I know this is a stretch, that she's the one who redirected you, dropped that she saw you visit Slobber, and the is sitting back laughing her ass off while everything implodes around you. Like I said, I know it's a stretch but have you not considered that given how she didn't vote you or come to your defense by clearing up exactly what she was saying?

It's possible, but if she were the one that was framing me, why wouldn't she just push me to oblivion?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 4097, Gorkington wrote:jaqens pretty town.

k just quit.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4103, Voidedmafia wrote:So, I'm really not seeing why this has to be any more complex than "DGB investigated Imp to the kill" and all of this is Imp's attempt to get out of it.

Comments re: Imp's (Tammy's?) gamestate knowledge seem more neutral than anything, honestly.

Like what???

In post 4082, Imperium wrote:voided, this was all you had to say about the guilty on us?

...No? I said more than that. Thanks for only quoting one instance.[/quote]

YOU'RE WELCOME!

voided wrote:

Like, it seems pretty clear to me barring some gross misunderstanding on DGB's part. Or unless you're claiming to be a plain amnesiac cop and not an even-night one, which you might have because most of the theorycrafting went over my head and never really seemed to counter the fact that DGB saw you at Slobberknocker, who died, when you had no explanation beforehand as to why you would be there because your stated abilities did not leave any room for you to go
anywhere
last night. And any explanation you
are
giving sounds like an attempt to use the complex nature of the game (as we understand it so far to be) as a way to obfuscate that you were caught.

That's exactly what we've said. Why aren't you reading. Like Nacho full claimed today. Our first posts were us asking the redirector, if town, to claim. I've pointed out where it didn't make sense for us to be making the assumptions we were about the "odd-night" cop if it weren't actually us. I mean, read day two, there were enough the odd-night cop *wink wink* may be insane or some other random theory
because we knew our results weren't reliable
. So, go back and tell me how us full claiming today doesn't make any sense with what we were saying about the odd-night cop. We were going off of our reads over those particular results because we knew there was a potential for it being not clear.

voided wrote:
Is that what you want me to say?

I don't get the point of this question. Is this a bit of false bravado or something? Are you on the team who redirected us? We'd like you to confess if that's the case!

[quote="voided"
And for the record, you-scum being redirected makes more sense than you-scum actually targeting Slobber because why the fuck would you even shoot them. I'm not completely writing the latter off because it's still a plausible scenario compared to what you've been suggesting, but still.[/quote]

Thank you for acknowledging that's not a kill we'd make in a million years.

Why can't it be us-town redirected?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 4088, Imperium wrote:oh nevermind both would get redirected
duh :/

but maybe not with wisdom's role which specifically redirected kills?

WN (or Wis in particular) very much believed the vig-hood was scum, or at least Fresh in particular (refer back to where WN said Fresh scumclaimed/slipped). I'm positive that the Fresh NK was their doing because I don't think Fresh would've been lynched before WN. And if Fresh and Jaqen knew that WN would most likely go after them tonight, it makes sense that they would kill WN.

In post 4090, Gorkington wrote:
imp wrote:who were the 5 townreads that you mentioned before?
really?

You're the one who said it, Gork...

In post 4102, DrippingGoofball wrote:I tend to believe Imperium but not as much as I would if this game wasn't multiball.

So, otherwise you wouldn't be voting them?

This is a very weird thing to say given that Imp is just about at L-1 or so from your own say-so.

In post 4105, Imperium wrote:2) We claimed full amnesiac cop. No one has counterclaimed this. There hasn't been an amnesiac cop result today. This is a strong indicator that we actually were redirected.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. When the hell did "even-night" become "full"? Was it during this day period because I do not remember going into N3 believing you were a full cop.

P-EDIT: Yes, the idea of DGB watching slobber is questionable as well, but as things stand the truth of her claims hinges on your role/flip right now, correct?

I'm more apt to believe you over DGB if you can show me where you claimed full cop BEFORE this dayphase.

(Oh, you died last night? Spooookyyyyy)

PE2: Dram, you haven't provided much of anything toward that read. Shut the fuck up about it, or start saying why.

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Imperium »

Like the big roadblock you have to pass if you believe the guilty is that someone somewhere watched slobberknocker on a night when he was killed by scum.

Slobberknocker.

A player I didn't know was in the game before we were redirected to him.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4112, Voidedmafia wrote:WN (or Wis in particular) very much believed the vig-hood was scum, or at least Fresh in particular (refer back to where WN said Fresh scumclaimed/slipped). I'm positive that the Fresh NK was their doing because I don't think Fresh would've been lynched before WN. And if Fresh and Jaqen knew that WN would most likely go after them tonight, it makes sense that they would kill WN.

Yes. We were redirected by someone not-Wisdom.
Which means we were redirected by scum.

There's also a watch result no one is coming out and owning.
Which means maybe, just maybe, that watch result was scum too.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4112, Voidedmafia wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa. When the hell did "even-night" become "full"? Was it during this day period because I do not remember going into N3 believing you were a full cop.

We're a full cop. We have different sanities on odd night/even night, hence the idea to pretend there were two different amnesiac cops (seemed weaker than we were but still stood behind the result we thought was sane).
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Imperium »

I also don't really think DGB is lying, as I've said before.

We were redirected to Slobberknocker. She saw us target Slobberknocker. The result was not from her role.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4115, Imperium wrote:
In post 4112, Voidedmafia wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa. When the hell did "even-night" become "full"? Was it during this day period because I do not remember going into N3 believing you were a full cop.

We're a full cop. We have different sanities on odd night/even night, hence the idea to pretend there were two different amnesiac cops (seemed weaker than we were but still stood behind the result we thought was sane).

And, again, pointing out that the full cop claim is pretty obviously true considering no one is countering the other side of the results.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4118 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

I'm getting P-edited for days and I'm almost half an hour past when I wanted to go to bed. This will (try to be) the last post I make tonight, other p-edits be damned.

In post 4111, Imperium wrote:That's exactly what we've said. Why aren't you reading. Like Nacho full claimed today. Our first posts were us asking the redirector, if town, to claim. I've pointed out where it didn't make sense for us to be making the assumptions we were about the "odd-night" cop if it weren't actually us. I mean, read day two, there were enough the odd-night cop *wink wink* may be insane or some other random theory because we knew our results weren't reliable. So, go back and tell me how us full claiming today doesn't make any sense with what we were saying about the odd-night cop. We were going off of our reads over those particular results because we knew there was a potential for it being not clear.

Well, excuse me for not getting the message when it's buried under a bunch of what-I-thought-at-the-time-and-kinda-still-do crap about possible redirection scenarios. I had gone into N3 believing you were not a full cop and thus DGB's watch, however questionable, was a smoking gun in your direction.

IF you did claim full cop today (which I will try to look for myself tomorrow morning for my own personal confirmation), then that does lower the smoking-gun quality of DGB's result, BUT it still doesn't explain how Slobber died. It does make Ninja more likely, and Jaqen's pet theory (though not by much), but unless scum-DGB and his partners are trying a gambit to get rid of you (scum1 redirects you to slobber, scum2 ninja kills slobber, scum-DGB says he "watched" you kill slobber or something), how does that kill make ANY sense?!

Also, I had made two posts before the one you quoted talking about the guilty, so I'm annoyed that you portrayed that one quote as the entirety of my contribution to what DGB said.

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4119 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 2749, Imperium wrote:We are an even night amnesiac cop.
MoF seemed to have received a guilty.
We both think that the odd night amnesiac cop is insane/a scum frame job because both of you are individually very town.
Titus isn't.

Here is us talking about the odd-night amnesiac cop. We didn't believe the odd-night results, and didn't want to full claim at the time, but there's no reason for us to come up with those "theories" otherwise.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4120 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4118, Voidedmafia wrote:Well, excuse me for not getting the message when it's buried under a bunch of what-I-thought-at-the-time-and-kinda-still-do crap about possible redirection scenarios. I had gone into N3 believing you were not a full cop and thus DGB's watch, however questionable, was a smoking gun in your direction.

Possible redirection scenarios?
You agree that WN didn't redirect us. Meaning someone else redirected us.
Meaning possible redirection scenarios are actually highly probable, no?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4121 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 3633, Imperium wrote:
In post 3624, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: White Narcissus
Saint's recent play makes me feel that he is town... Plus the strong defense of scum Titus is exactly the sort of thing that Wis hydra would do as scum.

I don't get why you're voting them. I mean I'd get if you were making the argument that we needed to settle who was the insane/sane cop between us and the odd night (
who hasn't claimed btw does anyone else find that weird?
), but you're not picking up on that.

I think anyone would defend their partner in multiball so I don't see that as a wisdom specific thing.

If you're not going to go for Saint, why not anenin?

Consider the bold my wink wink.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4122 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 3631, Imperium wrote:mof we don't trust the other amnesiac cop
we targetted wisdom (who i am 95% sure is town)
partially to test sanity
because he's a good clear to bring to the game (since he's a player we think will do good things for the game and is likely to get mislynched without an investigative backing him up)

there's also this btw
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4123 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Don't prod me.
I've had busy days and last night, when I would have had time for playing, the whole forum was so unstable that I wasn't even able to read.

Is there anything new that could be summarized for a dumb and lazy player like me?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4124 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 4118, Voidedmafia wrote:BUT it still doesn't explain how Slobber died. It does make Ninja more likely, and Jaqen's pet theory (though not by much), but unless scum-DGB and his partners are trying a gambit to get rid of you (scum1 redirects you to slobber, scum2 ninja kills slobber, scum-DGB says he "watched" you kill slobber or something), how does that kill make ANY sense?!

So either scum redirected us, a claimed even night amnesiac cop, to slobber and then someone just happened to watch SLOBBERKNOCKER (do you understand how ridiculous someone watching slobberknocker is? i cannot emphasize this enough.) ooorrr it was coordinated and a frame job

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”