Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4900 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 4897, Cerberus v666 wrote:Oh, and yes, titus, nothing to apologize for about your game plan revolving around buddying with us, simply because with the knowledge you had, there were two options: 1) Kill us because you know varsoons mod meta, as it were, means he's inclined to make powerful "main character" roles, 2)buddy us and use that to help sculpt an endgame where you'd know how we'd act.

I strongly favor a passive day 1 and townbeards. It's starting to be a towntell if I am wagoned D1.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4901 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by grapes »

i felt like xtoxm's vote on hermit after yall unvoted was pretty scum motivated especially with supersaint paranoia swimming around and really liked when hermit called that out

hermit didn't put up all that bad of a fight in comparison to some of the games ive read that he was in
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4902 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by T S O »

(Looney Tunes)
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4903 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Titus »

Yes Hermit has improved from Ochem.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4904 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:39 pm

Post by T S O »

but seriously Inorganic Chemistry was the worst fucking Constantine performance ever
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4905 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4901, grapes wrote:i felt like xtoxm's vote on hermit after yall unvoted was pretty scum motivated especially with supersaint paranoia swimming around and really liked when hermit called that out

hermit didn't put up all that bad of a fight in comparison to some of the games ive read that he was in

Absolutely. His vote was, in retrospect, extremely scum motivated, and I really really wish Drixx and I had made the post we had planned last night. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have voted after reading it(given that he can count, and it stated a bodyguard cap of 2 shots, instead of 1), or at least, he would have tried hard enough to figure out something to do other than voting that we would have been able to catch him from the hesitance.

All hypothetical of course, maybe he would have read it and instantly realized what we were trying to do and just said okay, I'll hammer, go vote.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4906 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Drixx: Nope, i'm taking the blame here for allying the wrong person. I'm the one who made the post hammer posts abouta lliances on that day. :D
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4907 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 4899, Titus wrote:
In post 4891, Cerberus v666 wrote:People are REALLY fucking smart...and they frequently don't realize exactly how smart they are. Our subconscious is trained to watch for patterns, and things that don't FIT patterns. Gut is when something doesn't match the expected pattern, but you don't actually know what made it not match. If you're good enough, and dedicated enough, you will ALWAYS be able to go back and logically identify WHAT exactly caused that ping.

pedit: grapes, we asked you that because we were curious what you'd say. It wasn't encouragement, if it was, we would have asked for you to vote him. :P

About the hermit WotC thing: It's not because I can't read him, I don't care about that. it's because he doesn't contribute to the game. It isn't fun to play the game with people who don't talk.

True but our brain is also trained to pick up patterns that aren't there. That's why we need a group to verify.

Plus, the group is better than a person. Everyone knows how much a pound weighs. Put a cow in front of everyone and you get wild guesses but the average is better than any expert.

Valid point. I think when we're just talking about forum mafia, the thing to do is know what to go look at when your "gut" goes off. I've gotten really good over the years at spotting when scum "narrative" shifts without a town reason for it, but it first requires that my mind catches it and I get that "gut" thing, and then I have to go find it. I won't generally lay down a vote just on a gut feeling alone, because there have been a lot of times where that "gut" sense has led me to realizing someone is a cop or a doctor or something else, and the best thing I can do when I realize that is keep my mouth shut (as either alignment).

So my play tends to require time, but I find it relaxing as a counterpoint to my job. It exercises my mind in a different way, and given that I've been confined to a wheelchair with a T1 level spinal injury since I was 11 ... exercising my mind is the best way I have to burn calories (apart from my daily shadow boxing aerobics to keep the heart healthy and the weight off).

In post 4901, grapes wrote:i felt like xtoxm's vote on hermit after yall unvoted was pretty scum motivated especially with supersaint paranoia swimming around and really liked when hermit called that out

I've seen
much
worse end game performances by both town and scum players. I think if Constantine had just been willing to look at his own ISO and show me what he had contributed to the town ... just that action would have made me reset my assumptions. My thoughts when I begged him to do that was that scum wouldn't do it but a townie who was invested in winning would do it.

I've been kicking myself since the game ended since I had Xtoxm in the lynch order ahead of Constantine for weeks and weeks now, and I let my confusion with how Constantine plays (and a poor assumption about a mod comment) lead me into seeing his actions during the day as scum flailing instead of town exasperation.

I hope you read our hydra PT, Grapes. You'll find that I was initially over the top angry with you, but then later you'll see us blaming ourselves and basically saying that if the game went to scum it would be because of a huge error we made.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4908 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 4906, Cerberus v666 wrote:Drixx: Nope, i'm taking the blame here for allying the wrong person. I'm the one who made the post hammer posts abouta lliances on that day. :D

Doesn't work that way. All game we agreed on all decisions. Even the final hammer decision. We will share success another game, but today we share our failure. We should have won and we screwed up. Both of us. We are Reasonably Rational, and being reasonably rational can get you a long way ... but this time it was
just
short of where we wanted to go.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4909 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Good job getting the win xtom. I was rooting specifically for you.
Fantastic game you made Varsoon. The fact that such a crazy power role heavy game made it to lylo is impressive.
Still probably not signing up for a large game again though. Lol. Sticking with the shorter ones. Thanks to Xtom for filling in.

When Rational caught a link between Sonic and Titus I was like "ooohhhh crap" and truly thought town had it won at that point.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4910 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4909, Fluminator wrote:Good job getting the win xtom. I was rooting specifically for you.
Fantastic game you made Varsoon. The fact that such a crazy power role heavy game made it to lylo is impressive.
Still probably not signing up for a large game again though. Lol. Sticking with the shorter ones. Thanks to Xtom for filling in.

When Rational caught a link between Sonic and Titus I was like "ooohhhh crap" and truly thought town had it won at that point.

:P We did! Until we screwed up. Repeatedly. In a few different ways. By a few different people. Like, it took a parade of mistakes for us to lose after lynching scum four times in a row. :P
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4911 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh, and titus, you're wrong about ways in which we survive. Grapes roleblock didn't block kills. The ONLY protection we had in the game was our own bulletproof, and the mass commute on the season finale, which required that we trust that player and choose to let him into our large pt on the finale. Plus, you could have simply jailkept us ALL GAME LONG and neutered us that way. You didn't even need to know what we did, all you had to know was that you'd kept us from doing it.

BTW, Varsoon, that's the real objection to scum knowledge of our role that early. They had a role specifically designed to make us just an IC for the entire game, with no limitations at all. That sucks man.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4912 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by Drixx »

One thing that needs saying.

Bins: I am super sorry. Words aren't enough to express what I feel. I hope you will forgive my mistake, and fully understand if you do not. Be well.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4913 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by Titus »

Drixx, I think you're confbiasing with the prove your town bit.

Jailkeeps block kills. We couldn't jailkeep and kill you.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4914 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by Titus »

Plus jailkeep requires alliance...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4915 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 4913, Titus wrote:Drixx, I think you're confbiasing with the prove your town bit.

Jailkeeps block kills. We couldn't jailkeep and kill you.

I felt like just the willingness to go through the exercise would have been a town tell. I try to always predict what I think will happen.

You'll see in our hydra PT there were things we did where I was like "what response means what?" and we worked out what we expected.

That's fallable, of course, but if you try and get responses from people without having any idea how you will read the response, then you are definitely going to fall into confirmation bias.

Where I personally hit confirmation bias was in having a piece of evidence that seemed to point to Constantine as scum and then just everything he did seemed scummy. I don't know if the dead thread was spoiled or not (haven't gone to look yet), but I think an uninformed person looking at the day would have had a hard time reading Constatine as town. I feel like we legitimately tried to reset our assumptions and give him room to convince us, and I don't know that anyone can characterize what he did as convincing.

Everyone we could ask already knows the answer, so it's an empty question at this point. We already said the loss is on us for mistakes we made, so it's whatever.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4916 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 4914, Titus wrote:Plus jailkeep requires alliance...

If Fro99er hadn't been caught, your team started with the ability to keep us from allying. Ever. (We counted as a gem).

The only escape we had from Strongman was if TunnelWarriors had been alive and we could have allied him (see first point) to mass commute out.

It is what it is. I already said how I would adjust the design to allow the IC to actually be an IC and interact with the game as such, while also giving the scum team the means to choose to kill the role within a reasonable timeframe, if they so choose.

You'll see in our hydra PT ... I actually questioned the logic of xtoxm and mastin being town, and Cerberus rightly pointed out that the only thing that logic
really
accomplished was made us sure Sonic was scum. I was wrongly giving that logical assumption credit for other things. So we did re-evaluate the assumption. I've said it a few times now ... we had Xtoxm in our lynch order ahead of Constantine for weeks. If we had stuck to our plan...

But we didn't. Let that be a lesson I suppose. Also ... you were dead and knew what was going on in the end. We were alive, had everyone looking to us to make the decision, and had limited firm information and probabilities to work with. It's easy to be critical when you know all the answers.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4917 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 4907, Drixx wrote:t exercises my mind in a different way, and given that I've been confined to a wheelchair with a T1 level spinal injury since I was 11 ... exercising my mind is the best way I have to burn calories (apart from my daily shadow boxing aerobics to keep the heart healthy and the weight off).

<3
-Marquis
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #4918 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

What were all your night actions, RR? It's a miracle we dodged all your doc shots until N8.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4919 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 4918, Xtoxm wrote:What were all your night actions, RR? It's a miracle we dodged all your doc shots until N8.

If you look at our role you'll see. Once per season we could protect someone (and either protect ourselves or not ... so we could have used that sacrificially if it came to it). We then had limited shots of self-protect. We spent a lot of time talking about when to use things. We lost the game when we allied with KC instead of you or Mastin. We would have been able to keep Nic alive and would have just caught you but we messed that up so badly.

@Varsoon - Our hydra PT is complete and can be opened whenever for folks to read.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4920 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yeah, so we only had a total of 4 bodyguards we could have used this game, and we had one doc save from Titus(which we did end up wasting on you. :P). We wased one bodyguard by not having an alliance mate, so we only bodyguarded 3 times.

I'd need to double check what the actions were though, beyond bodyguarding mastin last night.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4921 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

OH, and about the whole we'll definitely claim thing: When you're the IC, and very confident in your own ability to put things together, and have a way to get people to claim to you 100% honestly in private, there's no reason to claim. Town didn't need to know what we could do. Scum DEFINITELY didn't need to know wha we could do. And since we were an IC, everyone should have been telling us all the information they had in private whenever possible, so any strong interactions we could have noted and taken advantage of without the need for us claiming until then.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4922 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'll edit it in.

OH, as a note, Jasper's jailkeeping ability would not have an effect on Steven. I should have had that in my mod notes. Hm.

I think you played well, though, Cerb & Drixx
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4923 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 4922, Varsoon wrote:I'll edit it in.

OH, as a note, Jasper's jailkeeping ability would not have an effect on Steven. I should have had that in my mod notes. Hm.

I think you played well, though, Cerb & Drixx

Hmm. Well, okay, I don't really know how you could have communicated that interaction to us. I guess we should have asked you....because killing us is one thing, but making our role just not do anything all game long is another. :)
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4924 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Similarly, varsoon, would Peridots extra human kill have been able to work on Steven?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”