Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Maxous »

nobody claims and we're not no-lynching
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Maxous »

the wagon surrounding sinsun is honestly a lot of noise that I can't really get much of a read out of so i'm gonna have to defer on it for now.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 119, Professor Bozo wrote:cus it was discussed last game where i was outed seer on day 1 in rvs

so i was asking should we do it or not. not about the idea itself

Yeah then we rely on scum not being scummy and going ahead with the plan. It was worth a shot trying to out the Seer I guess though. ;)
I claim scum \o/
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 109, Professor Bozo wrote:so im being ignored.....

good to know. it mean that people dont care for my opinions

What's being ignored?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 61, shaddowez wrote:
In post 60, Lalendra wrote:
In post 48, Ricastle wrote:
Vettrock's probably the SK.

I might be missing something, but I clicked on the link provided by the mod to the Wiki article explaining the "Kill all Townies" setup, and there is no SK mentioned - 3 mafia, 3 WW, 3 town PR and 6 VT. Where are you getting the idea that there is an SK? And perhaps more importantly, why do you suspect Vettrock?
So, I really don't like the fact that
neither
of these two realize that Vettrock
is
the mod.

oh ffs :facepalm:
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

In post 129, Lalendra wrote:
In post 61, shaddowez wrote:
In post 60, Lalendra wrote:
In post 48, Ricastle wrote:
Vettrock's probably the SK.

I might be missing something, but I clicked on the link provided by the mod to the Wiki article explaining the "Kill all Townies" setup, and there is no SK mentioned - 3 mafia, 3 WW, 3 town PR and 6 VT. Where are you getting the idea that there is an SK? And perhaps more importantly, why do you suspect Vettrock?
So, I really don't like the fact that
neither
of these two realize that Vettrock
is
the mod.

oh ffs :facepalm:

That moment when you realized you done goofed and no one else needs to rub it in. :lol:
Alma Mater
Alma Mater
Townie
Alma Mater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Alma Mater »

vote: Dave
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 107, Sinsun1 wrote:
If we lynch:
We have a 3/5 (60%) chance of hitting a town player. Regardless of reads.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? "Regardless of reads"? So you're saying that our reads mean nothing at all, and that it's purely random and mathematical that we have a given chance of hitting scum, regardless of the other relevant information that's going on in the thread? Why not just avoid the thread altogether and pick a name out of a hat to vote on? I don't even know why I'm so mad at this post but good lord.
In post 114, Professor Bozo wrote:
In post 111, Donempire wrote:@IS can you say what you meant there again? You are not ignored because of the content,
you are ignored because of the grammar
(no really, even when i try to interpret it it doesnt makes much sense, so it would be fine if you could elaborate.)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

considering this is normal grammer for me when i play games here and i get loads of people who talk to me

its more the playerbase here is newish to me

I agree with Dongempire, it is hard to read. That being said, scum!ika never talks this much, and it's making him look really towny, but I have also been in a couple of games where people mentioned this about his meta and therefore it could be that he is aware of it and manipulating it to gain town-cred.
In post 122, Sinsun1 wrote:Are we not blind? Today it's based solely on comments, reactions and wagons. Nothing more, nothing less. We are making a blind judgement based on our personal thoughts, feelings and experiences.

Again, the "reads are useless" argument.

In post 122, Sinsun1 wrote:For instance, let's freeze the game here and now, let's pretend we're all knowing and the people everyone is voting for right now is going to die. Well, based on that, with my own knowledge and if everyone could know, 3-4 people voting me would already be mislynching. (However we are not onniscient, so we cannot all know that).

GUYS LOOK AT ME I'M TOWN I SAID THAT VOTING ME WOULD BE A MISLYNCH SO I MUST BE TOWN

In post 122, Sinsun1 wrote:
You and others believe no-lynching to be anti-town. I believe it to be pro-town (in certain situations).

In what situation? What about this particular situation makes it an acceptable option? Are you saying that in EVERY multiball you should no-lynch D1? Or only in the 3v3v9 setups? Or only when you happen to be the leading wagon D1?

VOTE: Sinsun1
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by vettrock »

Official Vote Count

Sinsun1
(4): wgeurts, FireKari, Ricastle, Lalendra
ShadedMelee
(3): Sinsun1, Maxous, shaddowez
wgeurts
(2): ShadedMelee, revalista
Vedith
(1): CityElectric
Idiot Savant
(1): Vedith
davesaz
(1): Alma Mater
Alma Mater
(1): Idiot Savant
Ricastle
(1): davesaz
revalista
(1): Dongempire

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-10-13 23:29:09)
My "Get to Know a Scummer" thread is here.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I'm going to be joining dongempire on revalista. Comes into the thread with crappy posting and reasons, ignores my question (and others I believe) about his vote, then says he's just bandwagoning and not doing anything. That's anti-town, and while I see the case on Sin I feel this slot needs more pressure.

VOTE: revalista
V/LA on Weekends
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

*Facepalm* Why do I even bother trying to do logic with people. It's like a religious debate. Everyone picks a side they believe in and decide they're right, everyone else is wrong. Not even being open to facts that stare them down in contradiction of their own beliefs.

I wont even bother defending myself, there's no need to when those that oppose me are simply strawmanning things I say to make them something they are not. I'll just let my flip be the evidence of what I'm saying.

P.S. Just because you play mafia one way, does not make people scum because they play it another way with different tactics and views on what counts as an advantage for town.
Alma Mater
Alma Mater
Townie
Alma Mater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Alma Mater »

Nobodies trying to say its always anti-town to no lynch or suggest it. What at least I am trying to say is that its fairly anti-town from both a statistical and practical perspective to suggest on Day 1 of multiball.

Why are you turning this into a thing? Its bad to suggest it. Its a bad move. Its not scummy until you make it the focal point of the game.
Alma Mater
Alma Mater
Townie
Alma Mater
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Alma Mater »

Let start with basics. What are your reads thus far?
Sinsun1
Sinsun1
Goon
Sinsun1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by Sinsun1 »

I wasn't trying to make it into a thing, but the second it comes up, people make it into a thing.

In post 137, Alma Mater wrote:Let start with basics. What are your reads thus far?

Town Lean

wgeurts
Vedith
davesaz
Dongempire

Neutral

Idiot Savant
Maxous (Although Jeanne replacing out is starting to build a meta)
shaddowez
Alma Mater
FireKari
CityElectric
Lalendra
Ricastle

(Note: More than likely one of IS/Fire is mafia/WW while the other is town, call it a strong hunch).

Scum Lean

ShadedMelee
revalista
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 132, Lalendra wrote:
I agree with Dongempire, it is hard to read. That being said, scum!ika never talks this much, and it's making him look really towny, but I have also been in a couple of games where people mentioned this about his meta and therefore it could be that he is aware of it and manipulating it to gain town-cred.

Ah, someone else who knows what I was talking about. I remember games where ika was chattier early in the game, but unfortunately can't remember what his alignment was. Easy enough to look up later if it's still a question.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by davesaz »

Votes on Sinsun1: wgeurts, FireKari, Ricastle, Lalendra
Sinsun's reads on them respectively: town lean, null, null, null
This set of reads on his voters feels town to me.

Bringing up a controversial strategy also feels town. I want to look closely at anyone who questioned him on the theory, called it scummy, but didn't vote it. That pattern of behavior gives scum the opportunity to jump on the bandwagon if it picks up steam while not appearing to be simply bandwagoning, while also being able to target the early voters later.

Town leans: wgeurts, Sinsun1. Everyone else null at this point, which is not surprising given how little time I've been able to put into really reading it.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 71, Alma Mater wrote:kool. Its all slang yo me , but I can dig the numerical expression.

dave should get back to answering questions about his play.

In post 72, Alma Mater wrote:even had the gall to question my response to it but avoid it.

I answered in . Wanted to follow up, was there something about my answer which wasn't clear?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by davesaz »

That lets me put Alma Mater in the town lean pile btw.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Dave, he refuses to defend himself. I've stated this in every post that if he actually provides a reasonable defence that I'd drop the push (if I saw him as town) and move on. Insteas he refuses to defend himself whatsoever.
Also revalista is someone we should watch and not vote yet, he's a newb I recon so his play may be contraversial. His voting pattern shouls give him away later, or just a general continuation of his current play.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Darn typos making "d"s "s"s.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Standard weekend V/LA, though I should be on a little more than usual this weekend
V/LA on Weekends
Professor Bozo
Professor Bozo
Goon
Professor Bozo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by Professor Bozo »

In post 127, Vedith wrote:
In post 119, Professor Bozo wrote:cus it was discussed last game where i was outed seer on day 1 in rvs

so i was asking should we do it or not. not about the idea itself

Yeah then we rely on scum not being scummy and going ahead with the plan. It was worth a shot trying to out the Seer I guess though. ;)

what about the cop?

In post 128, davesaz wrote:
In post 109, Professor Bozo wrote:so im being ignored.....

good to know. it mean that people dont care for my opinions

What's being ignored?

me and my idea for later. nobody seems to care about the last game and how it went down

In post 135, Sinsun1 wrote:*Facepalm* Why do I even bother trying to do logic with people. It's like a religious debate. Everyone picks a side they believe in and decide they're right, everyone else is wrong. Not even being open to facts that stare them down in contradiction of their own beliefs.

I wont even bother defending myself, there's no need to when those that oppose me are simply strawmanning things I say to make them something they are not. I'll just let my flip be the evidence of what I'm saying.

P.S. Just because you play mafia one way, does not make people scum because they play it another way with different tactics and views on what counts as an advantage for town.

You should realize by now that most people here dont care too much for logic or theory. They care more on random banter shit. If you want to talk logic then bring that to MD

In post 139, davesaz wrote:
In post 132, Lalendra wrote:

Ah, someone else who knows what I was talking about. I remember games where ika was chattier early in the game, but unfortunately can't remember what his alignment was. Easy enough to look up later if it's still a question.

5 bucks i get shot n1 cus im ob town by my meta right now

In post 143, wgeurts wrote:Dave, he refuses to defend himself. I've stated this in every post that if he actually provides a reasonable defence that I'd drop the push (if I saw him as town) and move on. Insteas he refuses to defend himself whatsoever.
Also revalista is someone we should watch and not vote yet, he's a newb I recon so his play may be contraversial. His voting pattern shouls give him away later, or just a general continuation of his current play.

wgerts how long are you going to be derpy?

also small scum lena on landera for sk hunting in a obvious open setup
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:12 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 146, Professor Bozo wrote:

also small scum lena on landera for sk hunting in a obvious open setup

I assume you mean me, but at what point was I "SK hunting"?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:20 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 138, Sinsun1 wrote:Town Lean

wgeurts
Vedith

davesaz
Dongempire

Wait... What? How on earth did you get this read?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:26 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 143, wgeurts wrote:Also revalista is someone we should watch and not vote yet, he's a newb I recon so his play may be contraversial.

Yeah would suggest this as well. New or not, comments like this is not what you want to draw the attention to you.
I claim scum \o/

Return to “Completed Open Games”