Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 389, Cataphant wrote:Hi, we totally did. Both heads. It's a meta and a gut thing, having played town and scum with her before. She's more aggressive as scum and the frustration over a spelling/comprehension issue looks genuinely towny.

Hrmm. Mayhaps you don't understand "talk to me about" but this is actually what I was looking for. I don't accept meta as a read on blind faith. I'd argue that your bit about arguing semantics is stupid. Scum are just as likely to be upset when they're misunderstood as town are. The aggressive bit is actually something we can work with though, so good job on that!

Farside, would you agree with Cat's meta there? Anyone else who knows Farside well?

In post 203, Concrete Angels wrote:In post 174, Lying Cat wrote:
Note to self, CA and Far side are not scum together.

Don't be dumb. I did the same thing to Guyett when we were partners together (with Flubber/ward).

LC looks town.

Did you now. What do you think I saw?

And sorry, but syncing is gonna take some time. I have some pressing RL bits at the moment and I'm gonna be sporadically available.

Oh, and Bulgey, talk to me. Whisper sweet cases into my ear. I'd love to know what graces your mind bubbles.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:26 am

Post by massive »

In post 388, Vedith wrote:So, you obviously think Hecatia is scum. and 308 and 349 suggest that you think I am also scum.
So who else would fall under your scum section here? Anyone particularly town for you? Even if it's a 'gut feeling'...

I don't know if you're scum or just grumpy. It doesn't behoove me to interact with you further because most of the time that just makes ME grumpy, and when I get grumpy, I tunnel. I've also already noted that I find Concrete Angels townish because I actually read the part where they question Sakura / Hecatia, and found myself thinking the same thing as they posted a lot of the time. I don't think I've ever played with Thor but I've read a few of his games and while I like his gameplay thus far, I think his general gameplay as either alignment is designed to do exactly this, so I'm a bit hedgy, but so far leaning town. Ank seems distracted which seems unusual. Everyone else is mostly To Be Sorted.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:49 am

Post by Concrete Angels »

In post 400, Lying Cat wrote:What do you think I saw?

I assumed it was related to this and statements surrounding this:
In post 173, Cataphant wrote:@Far, glad to see you're town <3
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:50 am

ETL ^

Also, as far as syncing taking time due to RL, that's fine, I understand. But this is a forum afterall, so even if we don't do it in real-time, I can always catch your posts when I get to them and vice-versa.

Let's start with basic reads and go from there. The only thing I really have for you is that you want to vote-park on Thor for *reasons*.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:54 am

Post by Davsto »

I've been neglecting this game. I have some free time in a couple of hours. I'm gonna read it a bit closer and see if I can pick up on anything. Sorry, guys.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 384, farside22 wrote:I'm lost reading thor's post 199

That is an utter Bullsmurf rejoinder - 199 is pretty damn clear and is asking you for your take on the situation.

If it *does* confuse you then ruddy point out where and how and I'll clarify.
And even if it does - it shouldn't prevent you from responding with your own take on what was going down.

This is scummy as HELL so back up, and talk to me, dodge again with a weak wimp reason like the above and I will happily death tunnel you till I secure your lynch.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p7256418

Here's a link to my "confusing" post for everyone else to note.

:neutral:

Yeah...real confusing and crazy worded, psycho babble language in that post...

In post 386, Concrete Angels wrote:
In post 382, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I have no issue with your questioning; just the path it was going. the rephrasing is fine I think.

whoops. mine.

Nah - you called me out on questioning for the sake of questioning. That's a call on the method, not the path of talking about ongoing games.
You lying to my face?

In post 395, Concrete Angels wrote:No [specific game lurking is not part of Vedith's town meta]

Then I am left dumbfounded on your issue with the wagon as it stands, and find your defense of him weak and meaningless to my scum case on him.

In post 399, Lying Cat wrote:Ignoring the fact that I've got a nice shiny wagon for one here and I'm looking forward to keeping the seat warm, who do you want me to vote?

Someone you find scummy, preferably with at least one other person agreeing with you.

In post 399, Lying Cat wrote:I'm already scumhunting elsewhere.

You are?

In post 399, Lying Cat wrote: And besides, there's more than one way to skin a horse.

Yes, the right way and the wrong way. ;)
You and I both know your vote on me is a piddle pile of useless and you're not even backing it up - I'm asking you to defend that chosen course, don't hand me pablum in exchange.
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Hecatia Lapislazuli »

Thor can you walk me through why you're townreading massive and elaborate on your concrete stance for me?
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:30 am

In post 405, Thor665 wrote:Nah - you called me out on questioning for the sake of questioning. That's a call on the method, not the path of talking about ongoing games.
You lying to my face?

The wording could maybe have been better, but that was the only thing I had an issue with.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 406, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Thor can you walk me through why you're townreading massive and elaborate on your concrete stance for me?

I find his presented logic on you to follow a mental process that I find cohesive and sensible for what he's done.
Therefore I don't feel like he's faking and is less likely to be scum.

My concrete stance yesterday was town.
Now it leans scum.
Please read this next quote to follow along as to why and toss in a dash of MS' weak answers as regards the Vedith read - feels WKish to me, and I think ETl reaalized it and tried to head it off at the pass.

In post 407, Concrete Angels wrote:
In post 405, Thor665 wrote:Nah - you called me out on questioning for the sake of questioning. That's a call on the method, not the path of talking about ongoing games.
You lying to my face?

The wording could maybe have been better, but that was the only thing I had an issue with.

The wording is not at all what you now claim it to mean, so, yes, it probably could have been better.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:44 am

Post by pistachi0n »

I'm starting to scum-read farside, I think she's being dodgier and less strong than usual.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Antihero »

Constance Petersen: I think the greatest harm done the human race has been done by the poets
Anthony Edwardes: Oh, poets are dull boys, most of them, but not especially fiendish.
Constance Petersen: They keep filling people's heads with delusions about love... writing about it as if it were a symphony orchestra or a flight of angels.
Anthony Edwardes: Which is isn't, eh?
Constance Petersen: Of course not. People fall in love, as they put it, because they respond to a certain hair coloring or vocal tones or mannerisms that remind them of their parents.
Anthony Edwardes: Or... or... sometimes for no reason at all.
Constance Petersen: That's not the point. The point is that people read about love as one thing and experience it as another. Well, they expect kisses to be like lyrical poems and embraces to be like Shakespearean dramas.
Anthony Edwardes: And when they find out differently, then they get sick and have to be analyzed, eh?
Constance Petersen: Yes, very often.
Anthony Edwardes: Professor, you're suffering from "mogo on the gogo"
Constance Petersen: I beg your pardon!

Spellbound

Vote Count 1.8

Ankamius - 1 (The Bulge)
Cataphant - 2 (Vedith, Ankamius)
Hecatia Lapislazuli - 4 (pistachi0n, massive, Davsto, Concrete Angels)
massive - 2 (Hecatia Lapislazuli)
pistachi0n - 1 (Wingback)
Thor665 - 1 (Lying Cat)
Vedith - 2 (Thor665, Cataphant)

Not Voting: farside22

7 to lynch
Wingback and Ankamius have been prodded.
Deadline: (expired on 2015-10-16 00:40:36)
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:48 am

In post 408, Thor665 wrote:feels WKish to me, and I think ETl reaalized it and tried to head it off at the pass.

*sigh* Ok. You'd be wrong, but ok.

ETL
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:49 am

I think you should back that up with a vote, Thor. I'm sure there would be plenty of support.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:49 am

Post by Davsto »

Meh.

Read through. Kinda finding it hard to get reads at the moment, sorry. Still liking the Hecatia vote but barely.

I mean, I'm usually pretty mediocre at this but I've usually caught
something
half-decent at this point. Considering a full from-start read through tomorrow because it's Saturday then~
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Lying Cat »

Thor665 wrote:
In post 399, Lying Cat wrote: And besides, there's more than one way to skin a horse.

You and I both know your vote on me is a piddle pile of useless and you're not even backing it up - I'm asking you to defend that chosen course, don't hand me pablum in exchange.

Useless? That hurts my feeling. I feel it's serving a purpose quite adequately. It strikes me as quite odd that you disagree with my stated plan of action yet seem unwilling to try to sway me to another course.

You could, perhaps, explain why your wagon is better than mine instead of trying to convince me to abandon my ship without another boat in sight. But really, voting you is like a hobby at this point. Its relaxing.

@ca- nah, not the point of what I saw at all. The reason you aren't scum with far is the same reason she might be scum. As far as reads, you're slightly town, but you need to be more town. Far and cat are both possible scum for different, possibly mutually exclusive (although I'll think more on that) reasons.

I haven't bothered reading anyone else yet.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Wingback »

I feel behind on this game. I'll catch up and re-read the thread tonight.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:45 am

I'm V/LA for the weekend (every weekend). Though I'll probably pop in once tomorrow while I'm at work.

ETL
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:58 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Davesto, don't be self deprecating. It's unbecoming.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 412, Concrete Angels wrote:I think you should back that up with a vote, Thor. I'm sure there would be plenty of support.

There is plenty of support in a lot of places I am poking, what makes you so special as to deserve a vote?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Ankamius »

Are the same three slots mostly drowning out the game.

Oh hey.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm going to throw my tablet out a window if it doesn't stop removing my punctuation.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 413, Davsto wrote:Meh.

Read through. Kinda finding it hard to get reads at the moment, sorry. Still liking the Hecatia vote but barely.

I mean, I'm usually pretty mediocre at this but I've usually caught
something
half-decent at this point. Considering a full from-start read through tomorrow because it's Saturday then~

Allow me to tl:dr this post;
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 414, Lying Cat wrote:
Thor665 wrote:

Useless? That hurts my feeling. I feel it's serving a purpose quite adequately. It strikes me as quite odd that you disagree with my stated plan of action yet seem unwilling to try to sway me to another course.

You could, perhaps, explain why your wagon is better than mine instead of trying to convince me to abandon my ship without another boat in sight. But really, voting you is like a hobby at this point. Its relaxing.

@ca- nah, not the point of what I saw at all. The reason you aren't scum with far is the same reason she might be scum. As far as reads, you're slightly town, but you need to be more town. Far and cat are both possible scum for different, possibly mutually exclusive (although I'll think more on that) reasons.

I haven't bothered reading anyone else yet.

No, that's silly and weak - there are multiple wagon options. I want you to choose the one you like best, or to push the one you are on. As I originally said. I am not trying to browbeat mine at this second, I am trying to get the useless votes to take a stand.

I am amazed that this confuses you and strikes you as odd or weak from me - you have never seen this or done this before? I would call bullhooey on that claim, so where are you coming from?
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 419, Ankamius wrote:Are the same three slots mostly drowning out the game.

Oh hey.

Thor and who are the other two?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Concrete Angels Sep 25, 05:04am Oct 02, 02:45pm 0 days 5 hours 100
Hecatia Lapislazuli Sep 24, 11:43pm Oct 02, 11:28am 0 days 8 hours 83