Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Antihero »

Mr. Harry Deever: I guess she's changed some huh?
[refering to David's wife]
David: Well, she's... changed a little.
Mr. Harry Deever: She once chased a dogcatcher half a mile with a baseball bat.
David: Well, she hasn't changed as much as you think.

Mr and Mrs Smith

Vote Count 1.9

Ankamius - 2 (The Bulge, Vedith)
Cataphant - 1 (Ankamius)
Hecatia Lapislazuli - 4 (pistachi0n, massive, Davsto, Concrete Angels)
massive - 1 (Hecatia Lapislazuli)
pistachi0n - 1 (Wingback)
Thor665 - 1 (Lying Cat)
Vedith - 2 (Thor665, Cataphant)

Not Voting: farside22

7 to lynch
Deadline: (expired on 2015-10-16 00:40:36)
Last edited by Antihero on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Ankamius »

UNVOTE: Cataphant
VOTE: massive
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:46 am

Post by pistachi0n »

What changed since your Cataphant vote?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:39 am

Post by Wingback »

Surprised no one is pressuring me. I'd have gotten a few easy townreads if people had called me out for lurking.

VOTE: Farside22
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Davsto »

Wingback, stop lurking and start helping.

(Did I do gud?)
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Wingback »

Not really. I'd have hoped for a hard push or vote and pressuring me into towntelling.

Scum don't want to pressure lurkers with ten days on the clock. Because that would involve arguing with me, keeping up a sustained push and potentially making me react to pressure in a way that is clearly town to everyone. Scum want lurkers to lurk until 1-2 days to deadline. So, then they can go "why not Wingback?" And people decide to ISO me at that point, think "okay, he's done nothing, let's go with that!"

Problem is, no one has even given me a second glance besides Concrete who I'm already reading as town so I'm assuming scum are among the players crafty enough to not take the easy bait.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 452, pistachi0n wrote:What changed since your Cataphant vote?

I forgot it was Vedith who had been voting for Cataphant until the vote count.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 422, Thor665 wrote:I am amazed that this confuses you and strikes you as odd or weak from me - you have never seen this or done this before? I would call bullhooey on that claim, so where are you coming from?

I didn't say that. Anywhere. I just ignored your reasonable request and asked you to make a case. I don't really want to start a wagon right now, partly because I have no inclination to push it as vehemently as it deserves and partly because poking you like this is both enjoyable and asinine, which makes me giggle.

In post 433, Thor665 wrote:
In post 432, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Frankly I'm willing to start survivalism voting but there isn't a solid counterwagon and somehow people think thats okay?

Besides Lying Cat who has expressed that idea?

I didn't say it was okay, I said I didn't want to do anything about it.

Okay, since nothing seems to be happening and I have the time, let me explain just a little bit.

Farside and CA are probably not scum together because of the same thing that made me think Far was scum.

Spoiler: Farside Quotes, because this post is already big enough and getting bigger.
In post 167, farside22 wrote:
In post 85, Concrete Angels wrote:Thor didn't even explain his read on davsto before she tried to turn everything he said into something scummy. In the end, he came out looking way more town than she did.

In my mind, if you really trust another player's skill to read a person better than yourself enough to sheep them, wouldn't you want to find out what they are seeing? She hasn't interacted with him at all. Instead, she's commented peripherally about how he's town and that's why she's sheeping him.

There's zero concern from her about Thor's stance or alignment at all. That's pretty incongruent.

This was how I was feeling when I read it.

In post 91, Concrete Angels wrote:
In post 89, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:
In post 85, Concrete Angels wrote:There's zero concern from her about Thor's stance or alignment at all. That's pretty incongruent.

Do you usually have concerns on people you're townreading?

On page 1 or 2.... uh... yes. First of all, at the time you "sheeped", there was no reason to be townreading Thor. It was clearly an arbitrary selection. Secondly, are you so sure about your townread on him that you would not question it at all and follow him blindly?

This ^

In post 95, Thor665 wrote:
In post 69, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Considering he asked you why you think they are town, have you considered that maybe he doesn't think they're town?

That has no bearing in any way, shape, or form to my read.
Of course he either does, or will claim, to not town read them - it doesn't matter.

In post 76, farside22 wrote:I see someone trying to understand your point and I see his frustrations about your town read. I can see why he thought it was quick and questionable.

You do?
The only reason he tried to understand me was I pointed out that he was unevenly applying an issue to Sakura and not to me or himself. It was only then that he seemed to give a hang for understanding me, and I don't really get frustration from him either.

I can agree it could be read a squick and questionable - would have felt better if that had been his first read though...also, not really buying into caring about a quick and questionable town read on Day 1.

Can you back up this thought of yours?
It feels very weak.

In post 76, farside22 wrote:What do you think of haca following you?

That it is in line with my general expectations of her - does it seem out of line for her play in your opinion?

In post 88, Concrete Angels wrote:I am townreading Thor.

Why?
Your only reason to seems to be based off a scum read of Sakura.

Most people find my reason's weak. You won't be the first and sure as shit won't be the last.
Why were you town reading a spot on page one?
Can you say they were strong?
I just do what I feel when I read things, maybe I should stop that but I see scum stubble more when pushed then town.

In post 168, farside22 wrote:
In post 106, Wingback wrote:Concrete Angels, Thor665, Davsto, and Farside22 are townreads.

Null on Concrete currently but I agree with Thor and Dav

In post 114, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Hey farside, what's up?

Hey not sakura
I'm looking for some unfiltered thoughts from both of you too.
Not just defending but your stands so far.

In post 115, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 112, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:
In post 88, Concrete Angels wrote:I am townreading Thor.

p-edit: re: cat's post - "weirdly aggressive". Exactly.

Also please don't do the sqwauk thing. It gives me horrible flashbacks of Dark Age.

SQUAWK

This was a bad post. I know it's technically not game related but it's like you're trying to convey an "i don't give a fuck" attitude.

:?: :?:
I don't even see how you come to that conclusion

Farside's reentry to the thread came with 2/3 of the post being agreement with ETL. Not just agreement, but "That's how I was feeling". And then she says "ETAngels is null", which doesn't sound like a reasonably or logical conclusion from her previous post. Literally 7 minutes before.

And then Cataphant tells me that farside is town. I'd REALLY like someone to tell me if the phant's meta read has groundwork or if it's just blatant rabbit out of ass style bullshit, but no one apparently cares to. Given that, I've put that whole can of worms on the backburner.

Next on the list is ETAngels, because if I can sort them I can figure out that interaction at least a little bit. ETL gave some minor townpoints at the very beginning, notably, acting lost and slowly catching her footing. Now, normally, I'd say ETL is like confscum because she hasn't even attempted to sort me and I'm kind of a scary bear, especially to someone who's seen me as scum when I'm on my game, but I've been having some major shit go down in RL and she knows a little bit about it. To that end, the fact that she's been giving me room and trying to get me to engage (See, ) as well as likely telling MS to lay off me sometime in between and then suggests either that she's a good friend trying to get me to deal with things at my own pace and stay in the game or that she's trying to get my head in the game and out of my own neuroses. Or both. For the moment, I'm taking that as a townread and a good friendship, and we'll evaluate as necessary. (btw, <3 ETL.)

Of course, that brings us to Sakura, which is probably where I would've put the vote if I'd been super active from the start, but here's the rub there: She's in survival mode. She's not gonna do anything alignment indicative right now because she's on the defensive with a big sign reading everyone's out to get me. My response to that is to leave her alone for a little bit and check back when she pops her head out of the turtle shell and I can harass her until I figure her alignment out.

Which leaves us to the other course: Thor. Thor hasn't actually done anything alignment indicative yet. His frustration with me is genuine, but would be regardless. And I'm beating him over the head with inane and stupid bullshit to get him to the point where he lashes out. But he's not responding to me as quickly as I'd like and I'm apparently gonna need to fall back on reading him by the value of his cases, which brings me back to something I asked a while ago.

Thor, who do you think I should be voting, and why?
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by Concrete Angels »

UNVOTE: Hecatia

MS
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by Hecatia Lapislazuli »

In post 455, Wingback wrote:Not really. I'd have hoped for a hard push or vote and pressuring me into towntelling.

Scum don't want to pressure lurkers with ten days on the clock. Because that would involve arguing with me, keeping up a sustained push and potentially making me react to pressure in a way that is clearly town to everyone. Scum want lurkers to lurk until 1-2 days to deadline. So, then they can go "why not Wingback?" And people decide to ISO me at that point, think "okay, he's done nothing, let's go with that!"

Problem is, no one has even given me a second glance besides Concrete who I'm already reading as town so I'm assuming scum are among the players crafty enough to not take the easy bait.

This post makes me laugh.

Very much.

Also, we aren't a doublevoter as far as we know.

Anti pls
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:32 pm

VOTE: davvyboy
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 460, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:VOTE: davvyboy

Explain the retraction of your previous vote (whoever it was) and why it moved onto me?
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:48 pm

Because I have done some considerable soul searching and looked at your ISO and decided that you look like you need some more votes!
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 pm

In post 457, Lying Cat wrote:Of course, that brings us to Sakura, which is probably where I would've put the vote if I'd been super active from the start, but here's the rub there: She's in survival mode. She's not gonna do anything alignment indicative right now because she's on the defensive with a big sign reading everyone's out to get me. My response to that is to leave her alone for a little bit and check back when she pops her head out of the turtle shell and I can harass her until I figure her alignment out.

I'd say i've done enough alignment indicative stuff for you to read me. If not for the fact that there's a lot of people scumreading me right now which should be enough of an indication.
#IStillDontKnowWhyIGetTownreadAsScumAndScumreadAsTown

~Sakura
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 462, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Because I have done some considerable soul searching and looked at your ISO and decided that you look like you need some more votes!

That's... not a reason.

Explain
your vote on me. Cite your sources, use evidence to back up your points, so I can see if you're misled town or just scum trying to build a case on a townie.
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:53 pm

In post 464, Davsto wrote:
In post 462, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Because I have done some considerable soul searching and looked at your ISO and decided that you look like you need some more votes!

That's... not a reason.

Explain
your vote on me. Cite your sources, use evidence to back up your points, so I can see if you're misled town or just scum trying to build a case on a townie.

In post 450, Antihero wrote:
Hecatia Lapislazuli - 4 (pistachi0n, massive,
Davsto
, Concrete Angels)

I think you already chose before we voted you.

~Sakura
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Like, it's not like you just came out of a game with scum me or anything, and you didn't notice any difference between that game and this game or anything.

~Sakura
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Do you notice any difference in Davsto's play then? Is he acting scummier? Or are you just performing some OMGUS power?

Ms
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Which game is this?
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Hey MS do me a favor

Go into davvy boy's iso

count how many people he gives stances on that arent just throwaway waffles
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:16 pm

In post 468, Concrete Angels wrote:Which game is this?

If you're talking to me, it's Flower Viewing Festival by piguyn in New York

~Sakura
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:16 pm

In post 470, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:
In post 468, Concrete Angels wrote:Which game is this?

If you're talking to me, it's Flower Viewing Festival by
pieguyn
in New York

~Sakura

Fixed that for me orz

~Sakura
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 465, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:
In post 464, Davsto wrote:

That's... not a reason.

Explain

In post 450, Antihero wrote:
Hecatia Lapislazuli - 4 (pistachi0n, massive,
Davsto
, Concrete Angels)

I think you already chose before we voted you.

~Sakura
Strange as it may seem, I can actually change my mind. However, the fact that you're dodging the question is making you worse and worse in my eyes.

Also, I don't go for meta. People play differently in different games due to different circumstances, and meta can be manipulated.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 pm

Wait fuck I missed a pie game??
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him