Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Ether »

Wait, yeah, you're right. For some reason I had it lodged in my brain that SilverWolf was voting him too.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Ether »

Oh well. SilverWolf, what are you thinking right now?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:12 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 170, goodmorning wrote:You still haven't explained why you asked a question that had already been answered.

Which one was that, a.k.a. Where?
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:13 am

Post by LoHa »

Are you still voting me because I'm voting SW? Kind of silly don't you think?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Ether »

Who's scum, LoHa?

Who's town?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:26 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 177, LoHa wrote:
In post 170, goodmorning wrote:You still haven't explained why you asked a question that had already been answered.

Which one was that, a.k.a. Where?

Why did you ask Sakura for her opinion after she'd already given it?

See for the beginning of this discussion. See my ISO for more.

In post 178, LoHa wrote:Are you still voting me because I'm voting SW? Kind of silly don't you think?

It is what it is. I could vote lordj I suppose, but I feel that at this stage my vote is more useful where it is.
At any rate, I certainly have other problems with your play now, and have even pointed a couple out.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:55 am

Post by OceanWind »

Greetings everyone. I've read a few games before joining and I thought it would help to start with RQS:

1. What country are you located in? How often do you normally expect to post?
2. Do you prefer playing as town or mafia? Why?

My responses:
1. USA. Probably once or twice a day.
2. I enjoy both equally as they take different skill sets.

As for my experience level, I've played a lot of games on a few other forums. I signed up for a Micro game here a couple of months ago but it didn't fill and was pulled from the queue so I'm giving this forum another shot.

Reading over the thread, the standout suspects for me are SilverWolf and Ether.

SilverWolf spends most of the early game maneuvering around GoodMorning without really attacking her. Then does an easy jump onto lordj210 for "role-fishing" stating that town would
never
do it.
In post 140, SilverWolf wrote:
This is scummy. Town would never say things like this, even if thinking them. As scum, I can see a newbie doing it as a form of role fishing because things like this would be on your mind.

VOTE: lordj210

But the minute Ether points out that it could be town, there's this awkward back off:
In post 143, SilverWolf wrote:I've seen it once from town where they outed themselves as a VT in a newbie game and asked the doc to protect them. It was due to not knowing anything about how the games were run here. But lord's post looked like role fishing to me.

Oh wait, I take that back, in a large normal that I just got out of a PR did say they thought someone else was a PR that wanted to get to night quickly.

Yeah, nvm.

UNVOTE:

So, why wouldn't she remember this before being prompted by Ether? It looks like Ether is directing SilverWolf away from bad pushes.

I've looked at Ether's case on LoHa and it is full of holes. It is especially worse because it is coming from an SE.
In post 134, Ether wrote:Nah, the hi was for OceanWind.

I just...don't get what LoHa's trying to do. He has experience, apparently--it kind of bothered me that he was so terse about coming out with it, which is Page 2 logic but was still a part of my initial vote. (Also I already knew at that point that it wasn't very likely to be anyone else, for various reasons that mostly don't say anything about how townish they actually are.)

His 27 didn't really strike me either way. (Now that I'm typing this I keep wanting to talk about how weird it is that he was asking permission to vote goodmorning, when I don't see how he'd read her jokey reaction as a town tell if he thought she was scummy before then. And maybe that's true and maybe it isn't, but either way I know I'm saying it from a perspective of being sick of us spinning our wheels and really wanting to find somebody scummy already.)

I don't like his showing after I voted, either. People were exchanging reads by then, and he just dropped in and asked me about my return. He doesn't know me and doesn't strike me as someone who asks things just to socialize, and I don't see the point. Continuing to talk about Sakura's Page 1 vote didn't impress me either.

She claims LoHa has experience. But everyone who's posted so far has said they have experience on some forum or another. She then accuses him of hiding the experience which is tenous. Not everyone parades around their experience. She accuses him of asking permissing to vote for GoodMorning but townreads coolkyledude who did the same thing in . If asking permission is scummy, why did you give coolkyledude a pass when he "just out of curiosity" asks people what they thought of GoodMorning? Then she accuses him for not scumhunting. But MandarinOrange gets a pass despite having no reads at all on anyone and clearly stating that he had experience elsewhere. Then she says LoHa doesn't strike her as someone who asks things just to socialize. Why not? How do you know this if you've never played with him before? What did he post to give you that impression?

In post 131, Mightymandarin wrote:So I've re-read the thread and I'm just saying I don't have any "reads" on anyone yet. I realize all I've done so far is ask questions but I don't have any real analysis or sneaking suspicions about anyone in particular. I will check back this weekend with something.

If you have no reads, why not try to generate reads by asking questions?

In post 71, coolkyledude wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else is getting the vibe that goodmorning is trying to buddy up to me in these posts?

I don't like the phrasing here. "Just out of curiosity." It looks like you're trying overly hard to not step on anyone's toes.

In post 68, lordj210 wrote:from what ive seen and heard no lynching is almsot always bad for town weather the lynch ends up being a mislynch or not its still almsot always ad to no lynch
In post 110, lordj210 wrote:ill be heading of to work here shortly but tonight i will be able to give more but right now i cant really say ive got much a read on anyone, and also to fix the l-2 that i dont like i will be
VOTE: UNVOTE vote no lynch for the momemt

If no lynch is bad, why do it?

In post 45, Ether wrote:SilverWolf's vote doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but I like that she made it.

If the vote doesn't make sense, why do you like that she made it? It looks like you are trying to weakly distance from SilverWolf by fence-sitting.

In post 156, Ether wrote:In general I just think he isn't scumhunting at all, doesn't really have the kind of curiosity I'd expect from town and the questions he does ask feel artificial, and he doesn't lordj's/Mightymandarin's style of newbishness to protect him.

How are you making these calls on what's a newbie style and what's not?

I find Ether the scummiest with SilverWolf a close second so I'll vote Ether.

VOTE: Ether
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:35 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 181, OceanWind wrote:Greetings everyone. I've read a few games before joining and I thought it would help to start with RQS:

1. What country are you located in? How often do you normally expect to post?

1. See location under my username. At least once a day.

2. Town usually because I like trying to figure things out rather than having all the answers. It's more challenging to me to solve the puzzle. I have had fun as scum before but usually it's more stress inducing for me.

So what do you hope to learn from these RQS questions and how do they move the game forward and what do they tell you about anyone's alignment?
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:40 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 181, OceanWind wrote:

SilverWolf spends most of the early game maneuvering around GoodMorning without really attacking her. Then does an easy jump onto lordj210 for "role-fishing" stating that town would
never
do it.
In post 140, SilverWolf wrote:
This is scummy. Town would never say things like this, even if thinking them. As scum, I can see a newbie doing it as a form of role fishing because things like this would be on your mind.

VOTE: lordj210

But the minute Ether points out that it could be town, there's this awkward back off:
In post 143, SilverWolf wrote:I've seen it once from town where they outed themselves as a VT in a newbie game and asked the doc to protect them. It was due to not knowing anything about how the games were run here. But lord's post looked like role fishing to me.

Oh wait, I take that back, in a large normal that I just got out of a PR did say they thought someone else was a PR that wanted to get to night quickly.

Yeah, nvm.

UNVOTE:

So, why wouldn't she remember this before being prompted by Ether? It looks like Ether is directing SilverWolf away from bad pushes.

Considering I voted for GM and was questioning her on her tone and different playstyle from the IC game I remembered with her, I would not call that maneuvering without attacking her.

I backed off because I remembered that comment that was made in the large normal I was in and Ether's comments helped me remember that. I realized lordj's comment could of come from town so I unvoted.

I will admit I'm having trouble getting into the game and I'm not sure what my problem is, as I usually don't have this issue and I'm not sure if I'm experiencing apathy or what. If you want to call that scummy, I wouldn't blame you. I'll have to see what I can do to fix this as I was looking forward to this game so meh................don't know.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:45 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 181, OceanWind wrote:1. What country are you located in? How often do you normally expect to post?

1. See < ; I post a fairly random amount.
2. Town; it's more fun having less info, lying is difficult, etc.

Why start with RQS?

It looks like Ether is directing SilverWolf away from bad pushes.

Why wouldn't they just do that in their Mafia thread? And why the associatives before flips?

P-Edit: Silverrrrrrrrr

i want to help you get in the game but i don't know howwww

lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by lordj210 »

In post 175, Ether wrote:Wait, yeah, you're right. For some reason I had it lodged in my brain that SilverWolf was voting him too.

it woulda been L-1 had i not unvotedd my joke vote on her.
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by lordj210 »

In post 110, lordj210 wrote:
ill be heading of to work here shortly but tonight i will be able to give more but right now i cant really say ive got much a read on anyone, and also to fix the l-2 that i dont like i will be VOTE: UNVOTE vote no lynch for the momemt

If no lynch is bad, why do it?

i realzie i said no lynch i should have said it as no vote instead.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

lordj-why are you voting no lynch and why was it a problem for you that a player was at L-2?
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by lordj210 »

In post 187, SilverWolf wrote:lordj-why are you voting no lynch and why was it a problem for you that a player was at L-2?

i said no lynch and will change that to no vote if need be, basically i just dont have anyone at that momemt that i wanted to vote for. i unvoted LoHa because she was at L-2 and from what i had seen of her i didnt see anything that would say shes skum. i started to reread the thread before work and jsut finished and still cant really say i think shes skum but cant say town so i got a neutral feeling for her.
why dont i want someone at l-2/l-1 already were only what 3 days into the game we have plenty of time to look and delve into things we dont need to lynch someone RIGHT this second. i think with someone at l-1,l-2 they will feel extremely pressured and would act alot different trying to save themselves then they normally would.

after rereading and looking more or less just at lohas posts i feel like the case on her is basically jsut off previous off site mafia games that they may or may not have played together cant really say its a good case so im going to VOTE: ether because i feel she is just wanting to lynch someone anyone, stated the case on Loha it stuck with a couple of players if it didnt stick she woulda jsut made a case up on someone else
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by Ether »

I'm in the States, on Eastern time. My posting rate might stay like it is, or I might suddenly realize I don't have a clue what I'm doing, get severely depressed in real life and vanish for ages. It's hard to say! I don't feel depressed, but my track record in the olde days wasn't stellar.
I
hate
being scum.

From the way lordj was talking earlier (68), I think he thinks no lynch and not voting are the same thing. (Pre-edit: and that's what he just said, too.) I can elaborate on why I think coolkyledude's town if it's important and other people are bothered by this. But I kind of want him to post more instead of answering.

Here is Mightymandarin's experience: some games in 2008, where he felt like he didn't do very well.
Here is coolkyledude's experience: 3 games of EpicMafia, and Town of Salem. Those aren't forum mafia, and while I haven't played them, I don't get the idea that they translate very well, especially to a site like Mafiascum.
Here is lordj's experience: he got modkilled in his one completed game.

Those three blatantly
perceive
themselves as newbies, and it shows. (Well, maybe lordj doesn't. But I do.) LoHa described himself as a veteran and his second post was dripping with mafia jargon. So yes, I'm holding him to a higher standard than those three. (He's also not actually admitting that he doesn't have reads, unlike Mandarin and lordj; he's just failing to have them, beyond sorta-kinda OMGUSing me and occasionally bringing up Sakura's vote from Page 1.) It's hard for me to believe that you don't see a difference.

(I say all this. Sakura says Osu play isn't strong either, and she knows better than I do, considering I'd never heard of it before.)

What do you think of him on his own merits?

A lot of your accusations toward me are for attacking LoHa for things while ignoring or townreading other newbies for similar things. So why me/SilverWolf? If I were scum with another SE, why would I be bothering with this supposed double standard?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 188, lordj wrote:after rereading and looking more or less just at lohas posts i feel like the case on her is basically jsut off previous off site mafia games that they may or may not have played together
Post 188, lordj wrote:because i feel she is just wanting to lynch someone anyone, stated the case on Loha it stuck with a couple of players if it didnt stick she woulda jsut made a case up on someone else
Um.

How so?

(You're right about one thing, though. Normally I prefer to hold off on my first push longer than I did here. But this entire playerlist seemed to be the same way, with no non-random votes on anyone except goodmorning, and I didn't feel any real interest in that case. Someone had to make a move, you know?)
As I move my vote
LOUDER
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by lordj210 »

In post 190, Ether wrote:
Post 188, lordj wrote:after rereading and looking more or less just at lohas posts i feel like the case on her is basically jsut off previous off site mafia games that they may or may not have played together
Post 188, lordj wrote:because i feel she is just wanting to lynch someone anyone, stated the case on Loha it stuck with a couple of players if it didnt stick she woulda jsut made a case up on someone else
Um.

How so?

(You're right about one thing, though. Normally I prefer to hold off on my first push longer than I did here. But this entire playerlist seemed to be the same way, with no non-random votes on anyone except goodmorning, and I didn't feel any real interest in that case. Someone had to make a move, you know?)

unless i missed something witch is possible as i said the case is based solely off previous experience and you not thinking the experience adds up to how shes playing here. for part 2 maybe you wouldnt of jsut went to someone else if the case didn't stick guess that part was just assuming. if i see something but loha that i feel is off then ill deffinatly throw a vote her way but as of yet as i said before were only 3ish days through e still have 10ish left no need to rush this one
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Ether »

I have no past experience with LoHa, and no idea where you got that. I do think his behavior doesn't befit a so-called veteran, but again, Sakura says that Osu experience doesn't count for much, and she knows better than I do. I still think he's scummy.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by goodmorning »

I think I Townish read Ether now.

lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by lordj210 »

In post 192, Ether wrote:I have no past experience with LoHa, and no idea where you got that. I do think his behavior doesn't befit a so-called veteran, but again, Sakura says that Osu experience doesn't count for much, and she knows better than I do. I still think he's scummy.

ahh okay sorry i musta had it messed up then so it was sakura that had experiance with her then so that is my bad but my vote stays.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by Ether »

Suit yourself.

That isn't why Sakura's voting him, either, though. You should...probably do some rereading.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
lordj210
lordj210
Goon
lordj210
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by lordj210 »

yah ill do a full reread tomarrow instead of jsut rereading hers(lohas)
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by Ether »

In post 184, goodmorning wrote:i want to help you get in the game but i don't know howwww

Also I agree with goodmorning.

Is there anything I can do? Do you want to talk about anybody?
Would you like a pokemon avatar??
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Bumpity
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

bump
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”