Prozac's Basic Theme 4 - Murder in Marlowe - OVER!

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:05 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Or are you being sassy?

I will accept either.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:08 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 568, pirate mollie wrote:well, I looked at what you linked and all i see is you getting worked up over something dumb, granted, it was cos I was scumreading you. if you are asking me what the scum motivation wld be, it is cos you tossed out a cple of games, neither of which you called me scum in which was the crux of your read, and I think you didn't think very much of it cos I don't think that you think very much of me as an adversary since I have a hard time articulating my thoughts and most pple don't take me srsly except for the pple who have played several games with me. I definitely see you taking advantage of the disparity in join dates and experience level as scum and I can't shake the feeling that is what you are doing now.

So you're saying that, as scum:

1) When I made my catch-up post, I knew that I was citing events that didn't happen but did it anyway
2) When called on it, I grabbed random games where I remembered that I could at least cite confrontation because I didn't think you would check

While 2 is feasible if you think that I got as far as that point, I don't know why you think I'd let 1 happen. Isn't the more likely explanation that I had specific games in mind that I misremembered? And, if so, why am I more likely to misremember things as scum than town? Because I'm not.

Even if I were dumb enough to do 1 as scum (which I'm not, and that's something that you recognise), what would be the point? To get into an argument with you? Isn't it obvious from the links posted that I really didn't enjoy having those arguments? I like playing with you in general but I don't need pages and pages of difficult argument in my life, especially if I were scum who knew that I were on the wrong side of it.

As for not respecting you as an opponent, well:

a) I hope that I've never patronised you or anything like that because that really is the last thing I'd want to do even though I know that I can be that way sometimes, so I apologise if I have done that.
b) I don't think that I
would
want to be scum in a game with you. You connect with people and get results and don't give up until you're satisfied. I certainly don't think that you're a poor player.
#greenshirtthursdays
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:11 am

Post by notscience »

Im actually undecided, I lied in my last post.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:38 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 576, ChannelDelibird wrote:So you're saying that, as scum:

1) When I made my catch-up post, I knew that I was citing events that didn't happen but did it anyway

no. I am saying the exact opposite of that. I think you tossed out the games cos I called you on it w/o giving very much thought about them. I can keep repeating myself on this while you come up with new and interesting ways to misinterpret it if you want.

2) When called on it, I grabbed random games where I remembered that I could at least cite confrontation because I didn't think you would check

While 2 is feasible if you think that I got as far as that point, I don't know why you think I'd let 1 happen. Isn't the more likely explanation that I had specific games in mind that I misremembered? And, if so, why am I more likely to misremember things as scum than town? Because I'm not.

1 and 2 are mutually exclusive, I am not quite seeing the correlation that you keep trying to draw there. its not even a misrememory, that insinuates premeditated intent which is not what I am saying at all, I think you just didn't care.

Even if I were dumb enough to do 1 as scum (which I'm not, and that's something that you recognise), what would be the point? To get into an argument with you? Isn't it obvious from the links posted that I really didn't enjoy having those arguments? I like playing with you in general but I don't need pages and pages of difficult argument in my life, especially if I were scum who knew that I were on the wrong side of it.

why do you keep bringing point1 up like no1 is arguing about this except you and tbh you look sort of silly. and scummy.

As for not respecting you as an opponent, well:

a) I hope that I've never patronised you or anything like that because that really is the last thing I'd want to do even though I know that I can be that way sometimes, so I apologise if I have done that.
b) I don't think that I
would
want to be scum in a game with you. You connect with people and get results and don't give up until you're satisfied. I certainly don't think that you're a poor player.

you have never patronized me ever, it isn't what I meant. I just think you have an accurate assessment of my weaknesses as a player and I can't shake the feeling that you are preying on them right now.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:45 am

Post by pirate mollie »

oh there was a slight fail of a vote tag there. oh well.
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:45 am

Post by pirate mollie »

*quote tag
whew!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:52 am

Post by catboi »

holy crap I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep pace with all this
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:59 am

Post by MattP »

Reading through the game now.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by MattP »

Just because I iso'd pirate mollie and these are the least interesting walls I've seen within the last page, Pirate Mollie is town
SlappyKrust
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 394, pirate mollie wrote:hhmm, there is a distinct possibility that starbuck and I have different interpretations of "interactions" cos I don't count the fluff. I still say she is reading the game on a surface level.

That might just be arising from a difference in perception is the thing. Like I said I don't agree with most of her conclusions but it does feel like a real attempt to read the game.
In post 403, Nexus wrote:
unvote
clearly just me that thinks the posturing is coming from scum.

will post thoughts this evening.

I'm bugged by how Nexus just abandoned this vote on me. Like it's just, "oh okay no one will follow me". He didn't react to my later posts, he didn't question others, or seem to react when marquis explained his read of me. It just looks like he backed down because no one was following him and that doesn't seem like a town thing to do.
In post 494, scotmany12 wrote:
In post 488, Papa Zito wrote:Which part wasn't meta-based? From what I read he was saying "I expect town!Mollie to do X but in this game she did Y so I think she's scum" which is like core meta gameplay. What am I missing.

Meh. I was not happy with how Mollie took one thing CDB said (I always scumread her), while CDB actually linked to some posts, explained how her reasoning/reactions seemed off. Like, it seemed like she ignored all the actual analyses from CDB. Bad job of explaining from me.

Kind of agree with this post. Don't know what to make of a lot of what she posts, CDB's analysis toward his scumreads looked good, her response seems to be trying to draw him out over something oddly nitpicky
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:26 pm

OK, so mollie, what you're saying then is that I didn't even know to which games I was referring when I wrote the catch-up post? Like I just made up a meta for you? What? Isn't that fundamentally the same thing (that I did something extraordinarily dumb for no reason) as 1 would be?
#greenshirtthursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Mykonian replaces Blackberry.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

That is the saddest news so far this game.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Mod Note

I plan to tweak my rules slightly. Once prodded you will now have 36 hours to post rather than 48.

If there are any objections to this please give a PM.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by catboi »

Davsto's catchup post is underwhelming. It doesn't look like he's really attempting to analyze anyone. After so much promises, he gives...that? It just looks like some quick stream of consciousness reactions without a lot of thought.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 578, pirate mollie wrote:no. I am saying the exact opposite of that. I think you tossed out the games cos I called you on it w/o giving very much thought about them. I can keep repeating myself on this while you come up with new and interesting ways to misinterpret it if you want.

Why do you think he'd lie about meta as scum, and to what end?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by MattP »

Catboi
Spiffeh
Scotmany
Pirate mollie
Marquis
CDB

Are all obvtown

I'm doing some ISO'ing and then I'll engage more specifically
SlappyKrust
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by catboi »

that is a really stupidly worded question i just asked lol
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by MattP »

And on a side-note, I emotionally personally feel in a deep inside place that Papa Zito and Reckoner are consistently and obviously town-like throughout the game
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by MattP »

Also I do not like Flameaxe, Aj, or Davsto following a general read of the game but I'll brb
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by MattP »

Actually, I'm super sorry but I forgot the democratic debates were right now. I have to do it after
SlappyKrust
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 575, Spiffeh wrote:Or are you being sassy?

I will accept either.

when am I not sassy. ayyyyy

I'm assuming you're asking about Reck here. I certainly don't townread him.

In post 593, MattP wrote:And on a side-note, I emotionally personally feel in a deep inside place that Papa Zito and Reckoner are consistently and obviously town-like throughout the game

Reck I think he wants a 3-way.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 585, ChannelDelibird wrote:OK, so mollie, what you're saying then is that I didn't even know to which games I was referring when I wrote the catch-up post? Like I just made up a meta for you? What? Isn't that fundamentally the same thing (that I did something extraordinarily dumb for no reason) as 1 would be?

I am not quite sure how many times or how many different ways I need to tell you that I think you pulled 2 games off the top of your head to quantify a meta which does not even remotely exist. you do not "always scumread me" in fact you do the exact opposite because I have always been town when playing with you. yoy picked 2 games that we had a slight kerfuffle in and used that cos during the
omfuckingg meta is bad
turmoil cos no1 else is gonna really read it or look up what you say.

like you keep pushing this as if you have an actual point here which just looks bad and desperate.

more meta! your play reminds me a bit of reck's rehash but not enough to call you scumbased on that. I have other reasons which I already said.

I am not responding to any1 else's posts if they contain the word "lying" or asking dumbshit that has already been answered and I am looking at you catboi.
whew!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:43 pm

I don't understand what part of this is hard to understand

I have already accepted that the links do not show what I thought they showed

What I am disputing is that you are suggesting that I threw out those links after the fact to justify some meta that I deliberately made up

Which requires the premise that I deliberately made up false meta on you

I want to know why it's more likely that I would do something that pointlessly dumb than that I simply misremembered how our previous encounters of multiple years ago went
#greenshirtthursdays
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 597, pirate mollie wrote:I am not responding to any1 else's posts if they contain the word "lying" or asking dumbshit that has already been answered and I am looking at you catboi.

Well if you have answered it I haven't understood it. Is it that hard to help me out?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”