The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:13 am

Post by The Fire Hermit »

In post 168, Varsoon wrote:
Trivium seems scummy to me. I can't articulate it well.
The IC is voting there. That's a good thing in my mind.
If Trivium flips scum, that likely means the IC will be under fire, which (cough) is also a good thing in my mind.

Why is it a good thing we are under fire?
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:15 am

In post 167, Brunneis wrote:

Also, to the people who have thrown suspicion on me but haven't stated anything beyond that
(Which is about 3: Ranger, (One Half?) Of Fire Hermit, and probably someone else I forgot to mention.)

My other head has been pretty quiet on why he thinks you are scum.
I find you are often mislynch bait so I am very hesitant to put votes on you till I know for a fact you have like 80% chance of flipping scum.

Unlike most people where I would put a vote if I thought the odds are good enough to be 50%.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:29 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Someone explain to me why the whole scripted thing is scummy when trivium said that he looked and edited over his posts a great amount. Wouldnt that just he his playstyle?
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Trivium »

In post 177, Errantparabola wrote:Someone explain to me why the whole scripted thing is scummy when trivium said that he looked and edited over his posts a great amount. Wouldnt that just he his playstyle?

Isn't that exactly what I said in my last post? You seem to copy things other people have said already quite a bit. I will get the quotes.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Trivium »

In post 177, Errantparabola wrote:Someone explain to me why the whole scripted thing is scummy when trivium said that he looked and edited over his posts a great amount. Wouldnt that just he his playstyle?

Never mind I'm just confused
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 am

Post by Taly »

In post 170, goodmorning wrote:
In post 167, Brunneis wrote:Also, to the people who have thrown suspicion on me but haven't stated anything beyond that
(Which is about 3: Ranger, (One Half?) Of Fire Hermit, and probably someone else I forgot to mention.)

Could someone please explain their scumreads on me?

And me!
No, I can't. I'm still trying to explain it to myself. Words aren't doing a good job of being sufficient to the purpose.

GM, the last time I heard you say something like this was when Taly was town, you were scum - both in a Newbie game, and you destroyed town as a perfect mafia win.

If you can't even explain your own suspicions, then could you at least give a more coherent strip of your thought process right now?

In post 170, goodmorning wrote:I don't think 33 and 78 look scripted.
I do think 169 looks scripted.
Hmm.

OK, so you disagree with the idea that someone's posts are scripted even when they admit that themselves in post

Instead of communicating why you disagreed (Like actual town who are trying to figure shit out), you then accuse that the post that calls out the person who
ADMITTED
to what they did wrong - is scripted, and that instead of verifying why you thought it was scripted, you basically just said -"Hmm, doesn't look good."

GM, can you explain all of this Trivium white-knighting?

Why are you coming at us with the idea that we are scripted in our responses, but then you haven't even noted against the past 3 people that have jumped on the Trivium suspicion/wagon for similar - if not almost the exact same reasoning that you're trying to argue?

I have absolutely no idea what you're getting at GM, and you're giving me even more ideas that you - and possibly Trivium, are scumbuddies.

The Fire Hermit wrote:

Also, to the people who have thrown suspicion on me but haven't stated anything beyond that

I find you are often mislynch bait so I am very hesitant to put votes on you till I know for a fact you have like 80% chance of flipping scum.

Unlike most people where I would put a vote if I thought the odds are good enough to be 50%.

This tends to happen to both heads of this hydra -
(very much moreso towards Taly)
- usually because we've caught at least 1 or 2 scum as town but people since Taly is usually ALONE, there's a lot more people willing to mislynch than look at all possibilities.

But I digress, when your partner decides that town relies on efficient communication to work out who is what, then I'll be all ears to hear what about me is scummy.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:43 am

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7307241#p7307241]post 181[/url], St Constantine the Hermit wrote:^ Wow, this needs to be looked at

We might be shifting gears actually. A lot of circumstances are making me believe Trivium is going to be a mislynch. Varsoon on the other hand, has seriously attracted my suspicion. I only know so much about reading him though.
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Brunneis »

Ugh, I'm going to have a heart attack.

@Mod, please remove previous post from Taly.... Sorry if I keep driving you crazy... I'm having a bad week.

Guys, I do less a lot less than what it looks like. FYI. >_>

In post 180, Taly wrote:
In post 167, Brunneis wrote:Also, to the people who have thrown suspicion on me but haven't stated anything beyond that

And me!
No, I can't. I'm still trying to explain it to myself. Words aren't doing a good job of being sufficient to the purpose.

GM, the last time I heard you say something like this was when Taly was town, you were scum - both in a Newbie game, and you destroyed town as a perfect mafia win.

If you can't even explain your own suspicions, then could you at least give a more coherent strip of your thought process right now?

Hmm.

OK, so you disagree with the idea that someone's posts are scripted even when they admit that themselves in post

Instead of communicating why you disagreed (Like actual town who are trying to figure shit out), you then accuse that the post that calls out the person who
ADMITTED
to what they did wrong - is scripted, and that instead of verifying why you thought it was scripted, you basically just said -"Hmm, doesn't look good."

Why are you coming at us with the idea that we are scripted in our responses, but then you haven't even noted against the past 3 people that have jumped on the Trivium suspicion/wagon for similar - if not almost the exact same reasoning that you're trying to argue?

I have absolutely no idea what you're getting at GM, and you're giving me even more ideas that you - and possibly Trivium, are scumbuddies.

The Fire Hermit wrote:

This tends to happen to both heads of this hydra -
(very much moreso towards Taly)
- usually because we've caught at least 1 or 2 scum as town but people since Taly is usually ALONE, there's a lot more people willing to mislynch than look at all possibilities.

But I digress, when your partner decides that town relies on efficient communication to work out who is what, then I'll be all ears to hear what about me is scummy.
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Brunneis »

You know what

3 hydras, we all should just expect alt slips palooza.

so h5ej5taefwdrhtge >_>
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:46 am

Okay, so you are Taly?
What a reinforcement of my previous scumread on you!

I am more interested in finding the best association lynch today, so Trivium is not really that interesting.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:49 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 174, The Fire Hermit wrote:
In post 165, Brunneis wrote:

Varsoon, the IC are Firebringer and Constantine. T
hey aren't idiots,
but their role status doesn't grant them any extra scumhunting talent, certainly not on Day 1.

You're reminding me of Classic Rock Varsoon. FoS

I am glad we got that bit clarified.
Hermit and Fire are a pair to be reckoned with.

I, for one, am not necessarily entirely convinced you aren't idiots. We should probably have an extremely long dialogue on the subject and choke logical discussion in the thread absolutely to death.

see, you go around being super scummy and THEN YOU JUST BE REASONABLE

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT?????
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:49 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 183, Brunneis wrote:

And me!

The reason I do so well as Mafia is because the things I say as Mafia are the exact same as the things I say as Town. I've been reasonably decent at deceit recently, if I do say so myself.
Thought process about what?

Hmm.

ADMITTED

Editing your posts to death isn't the same as scripting them, especially given that your definition of 'scripted' seems to me to connote some amount of 'feigned emotion.' Trivium's posts don't seem to have that particular quality of fakeness to them.

What, you mean like in , where I said his post 33 looked like a contradiction?
Or like in post , where I expressed that I could definitely vote him?
Or in , where found him somewhat self-contradictory again?
yup, that is some hella WK-ing there, you caught me.

Because they aren't scripted in their posts? Because they haven't been rubbing me the wrong way since page 1? Because the narrative that I give a shit about a wagon on Trivium is entirely fabricated by you in an attempt to scumread me for fucking whiteknighting, of all things?

This doesn't make grammatical sense, which weirdly makes me more inclined to think you're Scum? I can't be scumbuddies alone, and I know we were hoping we'd pull Scum together...

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:50 am

Post by goodmorning »

I'm gonna go find that Open where I wanted to hardcore dismantle a wagon on a low-hanging NewbTown but didn't because I thought I'd get scumread for WKing and then got scumread for WKing anyway.

That one was a ridiculous clusterfuck.

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Found it!
Warning: ridiculous amounts of anger ahead!

The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:41 pm

I, for one, am not necessarily entirely convinced you aren't idiots.

I am an idiot! Just an idiot with a really high town win rate.
That is why I play the game, because I feel so accomplished when I catch scum.

Firebringer is pretty good at this game too. He has a different style of playing, whereas I mostly do things independently in my head, which is probably why I don't get along too well here.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Ranger »

Brunneis: you asked for reasoning, but it will have to wait. I'm a bit tired today, sorry.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Yet weirdly you were just idiotic enough to miss my heavy-handed sarcasm.

ffsssssss

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

A lot of ICs phone it in an duck out and never raise pulses. They play a painfully shit IC game and never catch a night-kill unless Scum feels pressured due to confirmed-townies or whatever.
I like our IC's approach so far, because it feels like it could be threatening to scum. If the IC makes it through the night, I'll be able to make some good connections about who scum may be, but if they don't make it, I'll be well off as well because that likely means scum saw less value in making the kill there. Gotta consider the angles.

@Trivium: Sorry I suck? I'm not going to even pretend like I wanna make a case on you.
You seem scummy to me. I'm voting you. Not everything is part of a ruse cruise, y'know?

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

Scum doesn't defend scum on D1. Not like that, anyways. It just... It really doesn't happen. Brunneis ( I'm not remembering how to spell it right now) going for the GM and Triv scum theory seems kind of shortsighted.

That's not my only problem, but I haven't noted post numbers right now. I'll do it on my laptop later.

Anyways VOTE: Brunneis.

Trivium is reading honest to me at a gut level. Varsoon is someone who I can't really read because I know he's consciously trying to play it cool. I don't remember who said it but scum cool and town cool look the same without flips.

Nothing wrong with following the IC though. It's at least a guarantee that the IC isn't trying to direct the lynch away from scum. Like, don't disregard your own opinions in favour of theirs, but if they match up then there isn't really a problem...
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 174, The Fire Hermit wrote:
Hermit and Fire are a pair to be reckoned with.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: umm, no. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 184, The Fire Hermit wrote:Okay, so you are Taly?
What a reinforcement of my previous scumread on you!

I am more interested in finding the best association lynch today, so Trivium is not really that interesting.

Yes he is. He and Goodmorning are the droids you're looking for.

Klingoncelt
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 188, goodmorning wrote:Found it!
Warning: ridiculous amounts of anger ahead!

I read that game when I was new here. It was a nightmare.

Kling
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:40 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 189, The Fire Hermit wrote:
I, for one, am not necessarily entirely convinced you aren't idiots.

I am an idiot! Just an idiot with a really high town win rate.
That is why I play the game, because I feel so accomplished when I catch scum.

Firebringer is pretty good at this game too. He has a different style of playing, whereas I mostly do things independently in my head, which is probably why I don't get along too well here.

If that ^ ^ ^ is really Constantine, you get in trouble here because you troll too much, post content too rarely, then flake out of games.

Pisses me off, you're too smart to play so badly.
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 193, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Scum doesn't defend scum on D1. Not like that, anyways. It just... It really doesn't happen. Brunneis ( I'm not remembering how to spell it right now) going for the GM and Triv scum theory seems kind of shortsighted.

That's not my only problem, but I haven't noted post numbers right now. I'll do it on my laptop later.

Maxwell, weren't you in Star Trek DS9?

Scum will do whatever they can to keep their teammates alive as long as possible. Sure, there's busing, but that should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Brunneis »

I'll be back late this afternoon or evening if I'm still awake.

Return to “Completed Open Games”