d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Erg0 wrote:The fact that I've been prodded twice already in this game should be enough evidence that I'm inactive, not lurking. I'm not totally comfortable with using this as a defence, but I really feel like there's more value in lynching Jordan today because lynching me will get us nowhere in the end.
So you're saying lynching Jordan will give us more information that lynching you? Why, and how can you be sure?

Mod edit
Votecount:

JordanA24 (6): Ether, Numenorean7, NabakovNabakov, Sarcastro, Erg0, pickemgenius
Ryan (1): The Fonz
YoghurtBandit (2): Jalyn, ryan
Erg0 (4): Sacred, Zindaras, Guardian, JordanA24

Not voting (3): Xdaamno, YogurtBandit, d3sisted

With 16 alive it's 9 to lynch.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Sorry, cross-posted with ryan.

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Because lynching me will get you nothing. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

There have to be at least some townies on my wagon, so when I come up town it will be almost impossible to figure out which scum drove the speedlynch. Even if I were scum, I don't think that there are many links that you could draw from my past posts because they've been somewhat erratic and ill-reasoned.

Jordan, on the other hand, has a long history of people commenting on him, voting him and unvoting him. There's a great deal of information to be found there about other players, whether he comes up town or scum.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by d3sisted »

All this just sounds like you're trying to deflect onto the longest wagon available atm. I'm also not too sold on your idea of switching to Jordan
regardless of his alignment,
just because he's had a lot of activity on him.

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:21 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm not saying to lynch him regardless of his alignment, you're wilfully misrepresenting me. I'm saying that you'll get more information from him than me, regardless of his alignment (or mine). There's an entirely separate case regarding his scumminess, which has already been well explored.
V/LA most weekends.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by ryan »

Erg0 wrote:Ok, a counter-wagon is one thing, but nobody had even expressed any serious suspicion of me until maybe 48 hours ago. To go from that to a possible deadline lynch is just ridiculous - I think that I've become the easy wagon for people who aren't sure about ryan or Jordan. The fact that happened 24 hours before deadline
on a weekend
(when a lot of people may not be around to unvote if they wish to) just makes me wonder how the hell I'm expected to have a reasonable opportunity to defend myself.

I really can't rebut the case point-by-point due to lack of time today, but I will say that what you are seeing is me dropping in and out of the thread as I get a better or worse handle on what's going on. My original vote for ryan today, for instance, was based on what I thought was good evidence, but my case fell apart within a couple of pages when I realised that his unvote yesterday would have saved flea, which is why I unvoted so fast.

The fact that I've been prodded twice already in this game should be enough evidence that I'm inactive, not lurking. I'm not totally comfortable with using this as a defence, but I really feel like there's more value in lynching Jordan today because lynching me will get us nowhere in the end.
Are you saying you should be replaced? I'm trying to figure out why you are using the "I'm inactive and voting me won't get any info" what if you are one of the scum staying inactive so as not to draw suspicion toward you?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:55 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I don't think it would be fair to ask someone to replace into this game 65 pages in, and I believe I still have value to the town, despite my current position.
V/LA most weekends.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by ryan »

Erg0 wrote:I don't think it would be fair to ask someone to replace into this game 65 pages in, and I believe I still have value to the town, despite my current position.
I agree and am still a little confused on how quickly the bandwagon started on you. We have other inactives in this game (YB, Sacrastro just to name two off the top of my head) and all of a sudden people went after you rather hard. Do you believe this was scum or town driven?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Guardian »

Sarc is scum, Erg0 is like 50% town, Jordan is like 70% town. But Sarc is impossible at this point. No time before deadline so my vote stays.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:19 pm

Post by Erg0 »

ryan wrote:
Erg0 wrote:I don't think it would be fair to ask someone to replace into this game 65 pages in, and I believe I still have value to the town, despite my current position.
I agree and am still a little confused on how quickly the bandwagon started on you. We have other inactives in this game (YB, Sacrastro just to name two off the top of my head) and all of a sudden people went after you rather hard. Do you believe this was scum or town driven?
I haven't really had time to fully assess it yet, but it's possible that I just represent the easy alternative to Jordan for those who don't want him lynched or are unsure about his wagon. I think his alignment will be a key indicator of whether scum would be motivated to push another lynch candidate.
V/LA most weekends.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by d3sisted »

I'm going to renew my assault on Sarcastro, and hope we can collect enough for a lynch with the little time we have left. Originally, I was hoping he'd return from V/LA and perhaps respond to the cases brought up on him, but that's not a very likely prospect. Seems to me he'd rather pass by yet another day unnoticed. It's also possible that he's chosen to ignore all the pressure simply because hardly anyone is voting him anymore.

Vote: Sarcastro

Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by Guardian »

unvote vote: Sarcastro

Will switch back to Erg0 if I get time to check and it matters.
Do not lynch me.
Numenorean7
Numenorean7
Goon
Numenorean7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Numenorean7 »

This is making my head spin. Guardian just got off the Jordan wagon recently, and now he says Jordan is 70% town. :?
Political Correctness offends me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:17 pm

Post by ryan »

Numenorean7 wrote:This is making my head spin. Guardian just got off the Jordan wagon recently, and now he says Jordan is 70% town. :?
Agreed, I've never seen somebody go back and forth that quickly and STILL allow themselves room to switch again.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Guardian's voting seems to become more and more swingy the closer we get to deadline. Yesterday, he pulled a fast switch on to Jordan (the most significant result of which was a decrease in the SSF vote count), and today he has voted Jordan, Sacastro, Erg0, and Sarcastro again in the space of a few days. I considered calling him scummy for this, but his switch off Flea would have saved a townie (whether it might have damned a townie is as of yet unkown), and I can't find a definite, scummy motivation his his leapfrogging today (besides, just maybe, attempts to drive non-Jordan bandwagons to get him off the hook.)However, I dislike it on principle.
*Hmph*

@Erg0: As Zindy said, the case on you rests on more than inactivity/lurking. What activity you have undertaken is murkily scummy. You don't have all that many posts to defend, please make an effort. (And being prodded does not prove inactivity over lurking)

I will be on for a few hours yet, and might have a chance to check in before the deadline hits tommorrow morning. For now, my vote stays. Those who make up the Erg0 and Sarc wagons seem too capricious in their voting (even when the votes become deadly serious) to really have logic or townie motivations behind them. I think that Erg0 and Sarc seem scummy for their various reasons, but because those reasons mostly involve inactivity I have a few cares:
1) They really will provide us with less information (Sarc less than Erg0)
2) It feels like sniping at people who would likely not have a chance to defend themselves at deadline.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Post by Guardian »

I don't want Jordan lynched. His post reeks of townness. Sarcastro I do want lynched, and Erg0 is a suitable alternative to Jordan, though by no means optimal.

This isn't that complicated.
Do not lynch me.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by ryan »

Guardian wrote:I don't want Jordan lynched. His post reeks of townness. Sarcastro I do want lynched, and Erg0 is a suitable alternative to Jordan, though by no means optimal.

Two pages ago he was your #1 and one post and he's suddenly town? Why am I guessing you'll jump around a few more times before deadline?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by Guardian »

ryan wrote:
Guardian wrote:I don't want Jordan lynched. His post reeks of townness. Sarcastro I do want lynched, and Erg0 is a suitable alternative to Jordan, though by no means optimal.

Two pages ago he was your #1 and one post and he's suddenly town?
His case on Sarc made a load of sense, and he put a lot of what seemed to be very honest effort into it. What was the case on Jordan really? It was mostly Numenorean's points about how he wasn't doing much -- the case on Sarc and Erg0 are better, especially with Jordan contributing like he did.
Why am I guessing you'll jump around a few more times before deadline?
Why am I guessing you're scum? I'll definitely be jumping around a few more times before deadline to try and not lynch Jordan -- why are you 'setting me up' like this?
Do not lynch me.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

The case on Sarc is nothing new, the only difference was that Jordan used more force in presenting it (which I thought actually hurt his argument). Why wouldn't Jordanscum argue voiceiferously to save is own skin too?

Is Jordan definitely town because of his heartfelt post, or is the case on him just weaker than that against Sarc or Erg0? Get your story straight.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:28 pm

Post by ryan »

I'm setting you up? By asking why you deem it necessary to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon? To me it looks like you have no clue and are guessing and hoping you land on the right bandwagon, it just looks strange to me.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by d3sisted »

I've come to realize that votehopping in itself isn't a great scum-tell. Your case, however, differs profusely. You have gone "Unvote; Vote: Jordan" a total of 6 times now in this game, as I'll proceed to list below:

-In response to Jordan's defense
-Following Numen's PBPA of Jordan
-Hours before the deadline
-The dawn of Day 2
-Following my own PBPA of Jordan
-Confirm vote after Jordan's assault on Xdaamno
Not to mention your List'o'Scum in 1523, in which you called Jordan "probable scum".

Then all of a sudden 1561 comes and not only do you buy into his "heartfelt attack" on Sarc, you agree with his views altogether? Next thing you know, you're trying to lengthen Erg0's wagon to outwagon Jordan?

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

d3sisted, Guardian, I appreciate the votes on obvscumSarc, but it's almost impossible we'll get 6 votes on him (particularly so in his case since he's scum), so please put your votes back on Erg0, we can always lynch Sarc (or possibly Ryan) tomorrow.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:06 pm

Post by Ether »

Regarding the Erg0wagon: pfeh, knock yourselves out. I can't say I disapprove beyond the fact that Jordan needs to die.

Anyway, yeah, Guardian/Jordan is looking cool. If Erg0 dies as scum, I'll be nicer to Nabakov, since I hated his 1576 so much and so
predictably
that it probably had a point beyond invoking my wrath. Don't really have anything else associative with Erg0.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:14 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Deadline in 4 hours, and the chance of a Sarc lynch is pretty grim. It's pretty much Erg0 or Jordan now.

Unvote;
I'll consider it.

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by d3sisted »