Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:28 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 230, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
In post 227, Brunneis wrote:
In post 186, goodmorning wrote:The reason I do so well as Mafia is because the things I say as Mafia are the exact same as the things I say as Town. I've been reasonably decent at deceit recently, if I do say so myself.
Thought process about what?

That doesn't make me feel better about my suspicions on you...
In post 229, goodmorning wrote:
In post 227, Brunneis wrote:But yeah, pulling scum for once in eternity would have been nice - sadly, that isn't the case here.

This sentence doesn't do anything at all to reassure me.

Putting these two quotes side by side makes for a good laugh, huh?
I'm not sure what to make of it, I'm leaning toward it just being coincidence that both of you decided to say these things. But still, heh.

I find it interesting that my quote is self-incriminating while theirs is self-clearing.

In post 240, Brunneis wrote:If you really thought we were Scum, because Everything, you would have said "when," not "if."

Or, possibly, that's not really my playstyle.

List your reasons for calling us Scum. Everything one of them.

1. Everything.
2. etc.

In post 243, Brunneis wrote:Taly is indeed nervous about being mislynched. He's fairly new, and we all know that as noobs we wanted to be the ones to lead Town to a Great Victory, all hail! Getting mislynched Day1 sucks, bites, eats, and blows. I hate to see my other head wagoned, he's fookin' brilliant. Where I come from a fine mind's as rare as gold-pressed latinum.

Actually you've just reminded me that Taly was super townreadable in the game I had with him. Like, yeah, I was Mafia, but like I said, I'd have townread him anyway.
So why should Taly, if Town, be worried about being lynched? If you're actually Town he should be expecting me to pick up on that sooner rather than later and swoop to the rescue in Helios' magic chariot.

In post 246, Trivium wrote:
In post 243, Brunneis wrote:
In post 230, MaxwellPuckett wrote:The way Brunneis speaks is what bothers me, but I think thats already been addressed by goodmorning above.

The 'i'm not picking on you, Ranger' thing, especially. Like, it looks like you're trying to make sure Ranger (or someone else) doesn't accuse you of something. It rubs me the wrong way.

Thank you for this, it clears up a lot.

Taly is indeed nervous about being mislynched. He's fairly new, and we all know that as noobs we wanted to be the ones to lead Town to a Great Victory, all hail! Getting mislynched Day1 sucks, bites, eats, and blows. I hate to see my other head wagoned, he's fookin' brilliant. Where I come from a fine mind's as rare as gold-pressed latinum.

I'm not too keen on getting mislynched myself. It's a regular thing for me, I'm low-hanging fruit. I'm also damn good at finding Scum, so they don't want me around. If I'm not the Day1 mislynch I'm the Night1 kill.

Varsoon and Ika know how I think as Scum and as Town. They've not only played both alignments with me, they've modded both alignments as well. Varsoon can tell you, if I were Scum, Town would have lost already, the carnage would be horrific, the streets would run with blood, heads on pikes at the city gates, you get the picture.

Kling

I feel like the point of this entire post is to look like town. You make a whole lot of posts, but you aren't asking questions, you aren't scum hunting, you're just trying to make yourself look town.

...Trivium, are you actually Town after all?
I think you are.

OH NO DID I JUST WK YOU?????

omg
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:29 am

Post by goodmorning »

It occurs to me that ika's kinda playing to his Scum meta atm.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

Not sure how to handle the reachout to me, Klingon/Brunneis.

I have a lot of experience with you but I typically don't rely on meta and I can't say I'm confident in reading you based on experience alone.

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:53 am

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I disagree with Trivium's arguments against Brunneis, and it makes me pause. It's hard to explain, but Trivium is saying that Brunneis should be trying to advance the game, instead of trying to 'look town'? Usually when scum want to look town, they try to ask questions, share reads, etc. Or, well.. Basically I don't like Trivium's case, and it makes me second-guess myself on Brunneis. Like, accusing then of trying to look town while also saying that they should be doing more to advance the game... There's no other way to look town without doing the latter, is there?

What I've written here isn't accurately conveying my thoughts, but I don't know how to word it. Also, quotes Brunneis' vote of them before voting Brunneis.. Why did you do that, Trivium?

Pedit:

Goodmorning, about those two quotes, I wouldn't call yours self-incriminating. More confident, certainly. Brunneis' was kind of sloppy, whereas yours had more of that self-assuredness that makes you appear a stronger player, and also kind of makes me nervous.

I'd taken it as a coincidence, and I expected you to either agree, or to say something about how close the two quotes are to each other in terms of time. Instead, you called attention to what each quote represents, and how yours is 'incriminating'... Which, to me, reads 'look, I'm not nervous and I'm not always assuring everyone that I'm town'. A very roundabout way of doing so, but in the end, you've still quoted yourself to say that you're more town than Brunneis.

I could have condensed that into a sentence, probably. My posting style is still full of redundancy.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by goodmorning »

@Max: I agree with Trivium, the number of words that Brunneis are spending to assert their towniness rather than just acting Town is too damn high.

I don't think my willingness to say that I'm good at playing Scum recently or their willingness to reassure us they're Town are necessarily indicative of anything more than playstyle.

Though the sky is blue.

MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

If you don't think it's indicative of anything but playstyle, why did you feel the need to point out that yours was self-incriminating and Brunneis' was self-clearing? It sounded like you were trying to make a point.
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
makara
makara
Goon
makara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by makara »

Prodge - busy day today, will post later
Ika Musume
Ika Musume
Goon
Ika Musume
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Ika Musume »

In post 251, goodmorning wrote:It occurs to me that ika's kinda playing to his Scum meta atm.

Kinda? I'm 100% doing ym scum meta intentionaly i was waiting for ppl to realzie it.

Hi gm how ar eyou
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Brunneis »

This is a long post. So I put spoilers to organize who I'm speaking to.

In any case, I recommend EVERYONE reads them.

Spoiler: For goodmorning (Today WAS a goodmorning, thank you.)

@Goodmorning

What game I referenced? The Open? That was meant to be a reference on WKing and silliness, not really to do with Trivium at all.

I never said it had anything to do with Trivium. It just made me see the perspective in him being town.

Weirdly, I said that one particular post of yours felt scripted. Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Really? Then what does this mean?

I don't think it was meant to.
Your posts just don't feel right, and they haven't from the start. I didn't mention it for a number of reasons, but enough people apparently also see what I saw that I see no reason not to say it now.

And plus, I interpreted that you said have always had an issue with my posts, not necessarily that you deemed they were scripted - which they aren't.

What inconsistencies?

You make it abundantly clear that you could see Trivium as scummy, but then you don't make any pushes in that direction? Or you argue with the person that does make that step towards Trivium? I can count several things; but I'm really not fond of your reactions to my placing of suspicions upon you and Trivium.

"and possibly Trivium" implicitly implies "and possibly not Trivium." Take Trivium out, and...

And you're accusing me of putting words in your mouth.... Did I say ANYONE else as a possibility there? No. I meant you and some other person - and the only major possibility that made sense was Triviuum+You.

You'll be fine, driving's not so bad. I remember how terrified I was to learn to drive, but 5 years on and I'm not dead - and this in a state full of elderly drivers who crash into convenience stores at least once a week.

Thanks. I didn't die, so that's a plus.

I find it interesting that my quote is self-incriminating while theirs is self-clearing.

Yet you're saying this to appear more like town than I am.

Actually you've just reminded me that Taly was super townreadable in the game I had with him. Like, yeah, I was Mafia, but like I said, I'd have townread him anyway.
So why should Taly, if Town, be worried about being lynched? If you're actually Town he should be expecting me to pick up on that sooner rather than later and swoop to the rescue in Helios' magic chariot.

I don't know. Should town fucking stand there and let themselves be wagoned and mislynched - that LETS scum win? Even in my EARLIEST games, as you've seen before - I've gotten wagoned as town and I have yet to have backed down.

And most of the time I am mislynched, town loses. Games where I get mislynched, scum are the people who got me lynched, or people I already suspected. You could take a nice stroll in my wiki to see the games for examples. There are links.

I'm not trying to save my ass, I'm trying to get people to see my perspective - which town should do, otherwise that makes everything so much easier for scum to fuck up communication signals.

And why should I know EXACTLY what you'd expect? I don't know your alignment, and I obviously don't know your thought process - seeing as your slowly moving to being on the scumside of my reads.

I think you are.

omg

Is this an attempt to scumpaint me, or are you actually being serious? I don't like the context in any case.

I agree with Trivium, the number of words that Brunneis are spending to assert their towniness rather than just acting Town is too damn high.

I don't think my willingness to say that I'm good at playing Scum recently or their willingness to reassure us they're Town are necessarily indicative of anything more than playstyle.

Good to know that you agree with Triv's vote and argument on me, while you say things like:
"Trivium, are you town after all?"
"Yeah, I could vote for Trivium."

How am I supposed to work with this?

Spoiler: For Trivium
@Trivium

I feel like the point of this entire post is to look like town. You make a whole lot of posts, but you aren't asking questions, you aren't scum hunting, you're just trying to make yourself look town.

Have you read any of my posts?

- I ask Ranger and Errant why they were serious.
- I inquired about Errant saying Maka was overreacting.
- I made a vote, an explained read, on Errant. I took a stance with what Ranger said, I asked Gray in the conversation I formed with him.
- I explained my stance to Gray on my convo. I made a few reads here, I even asked YOU about what you thought of Errant's wagon. Do you mind re-calling me of your answer to that, by the way? Oh, and I urged Varsoon and Duppin to post.
- Responded to someone with my honest thoughts.

Any post you see with Klingon - (which are mostly small posts that come in groups of 3 to 6) - is giving another stance on what we're thinking.

- I pushed someone who fluff posted. And I'm going through with a collected idea that you and GM are scum, and I'm still pushing that, while responding to whoever directly calls onto me to reply and give clarity.

So, I really don't understand why you're undermining most everything I've done to push this game by saying I've provided nothing - but I've done something, and I'm doing something now.

Now that we're on the topic, what have you done exactly to scumhunt and question others?

This seems like an overreaction, which I would think was townie, but this seems too nitpicky to me.

This sounds somewhat contrived. You say "Oh, this would be townie..." But then you say it's too nitpicky? That's like a very roundabout way of not only discrediting a push, but then you say it's an overreaction - after you give the idea that it "would" be townie?

^^^^This right here. Is why your posts have given BOTH heads of Brunneis so many issues

In post 252, Varsoon wrote:Not sure how to handle the reachout to me, Klingon/Brunneis.

I have a lot of experience with you but I typically don't rely on meta and I can't say I'm confident in reading you based on experience alone.

Well, you've seen Town-Taly twice. Are you confident in reading that head of the hydra?

Also, what do you think about Ika so far?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not pleased with the quick deterioration of the Errant wagon, and my wagon taking a great leap. (Especially without a main explanation as to why.) It makes me think that
AT LEAST ONE
of the scum are on my wagon.

Am I at L-3, or L-2 now?

Also, is Gray alive? Has Duppin even been prodded?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Ranger »

Trivium wrote:Vote:Brunneis
And now the Errant wagon is down to two, and the Brunneis wagon is up to four.

Compare:
Errantparabola - (6) goodmorning, Ranger, Makara, Brunneis, The Fire Hermit, Trivium
To:
Brunneis – (4) MaxwellPuckett, GrayFoxxxx, The Fire Hermit, Trivium
I continue to think that between Errant, Trivium, and Brunneis, we have two scum.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Ika's not throwing up any red flags for me yet.
It's been awhile since I've played with Taly, so, again, I'm not confident there.
Sorry, don't really have much to sink my fangs into.

I feel like Ranger's recent post is on-point.
I'd say that we lynch between those three for sure, sure.
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by The Fire Hermit »

NO GIF/MEMES?!?!?!
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Brunneis needs to go, right now! Seriously guys, I have been playing too many games where obvious scum get to slither their way to MYLO as of late.

If Brunneis is scum though, then Trivium probably is not.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Vote Count 1.4

Loop de loo
And scooby do

We all need to shake the tree
Will you come along with me?
I have rope, can't you see,
That it's for a hanging tree?

Brunneis – (4) MaxwellPuckett, GrayFoxxxx, The Fire Hermit, Trivium

Errantparabola - (2) Ranger, Makara,
Trivium - (2), Varsoon, Brunneis
Goodmorning – (1) Ika Musume
MaxwellPuckett - (1) Vedith

Not Voting – (3) duppin, Errantparabola, goodmorning.

Duppin has notified me he is V/LA until the 20th.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-10-25 23:59:59)
Last edited by Quaroath on Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
makara
makara
Goon
makara
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by makara »

In post 237, Brunneis wrote:
In post 205, makara wrote:
In post 195, Brunneis wrote:
In post 184, The Fire Hermit wrote:Okay, so you are Taly?
What a reinforcement of my previous scumread on you!

I am more interested in finding the best association lynch today, so Trivium is not really that interesting.

Yes he is. He and Goodmorning are the droids you're looking for.

Klingoncelt

Is there anything else that you find scummy about goodmorning or is this purely associative?

Associative,
mostly
. Plus reasons.

Klingoncelt

Please elaborate.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Post by duppin »

Alright I'm back.

My initial read was actually Trivium and Brunneis as scum partners. That is why I asked Trivium what he thought about them, but based on what has happened now I'd say that is unlikely.
I do however still believe there is a scum between the two of them, just not entirely sure I believe it is Brunneis.

Kling please convince me you guys aren't scum.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 251, goodmorning wrote:It occurs to me that ika's kinda playing to his Scum meta atm.

Could you elaborate

Varsoon wrote:Ika's not throwing up any red flags for me yet.
It's been awhile since I've played with Taly, so, again, I'm not confident there.
Sorry, don't really have much to sink my fangs into.

I feel like Ranger's recent post is on-point.
I'd say that we lynch between those three for sure, sure.

Out of curiousity so you agree with the wagon on me
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:07 am

Post by Quaroath »

Greyfoxxxx has been prodded
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:18 am

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Hey guys, I'm here.
Started a new roofing job this week, and I've been tired asf.
Catching up soon
-Neither enemy nor friend.
Trivium
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Trivium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Trivium »

wait a minute brunneis, if you think me and goodmorning are scumpartners, why did you say that goodmorning is "slowly" starting to look scum to you? Is he scum or not?
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:19 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 269, Trivium wrote:wait a minute brunneis, if you think me and goodmorning are scumpartners, why did you say that goodmorning is "slowly" starting to look scum to you? Is he scum or not?

Taly and I are not 100% in agreement.

Klingoncelt
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:34 am

Post by Brunneis »

In post 230, MaxwellPuckett wrote:The way Brunneis speaks is what bothers me, but I think thats already been addressed by goodmorning above.

The 'i'm not picking on you, Ranger' thing, especially. Like, it looks like you're trying to make sure Ranger (or someone else) doesn't accuse you of something. It rubs me the wrong way.
In post 227, Brunneis wrote:
In post 186, goodmorning wrote:The reason I do so well as Mafia is because the things I say as Mafia are the exact same as the things I say as Town. I've been reasonably decent at deceit recently, if I do say so myself.
Thought process about what?

That doesn't make me feel better about my suspicions on you...
In post 229, goodmorning wrote:
In post 227, Brunneis wrote:But yeah, pulling scum for once in eternity would have been nice - sadly, that isn't the case here.

This sentence doesn't do anything at all to reassure me.

Putting these two quotes side by side makes for a good laugh, huh?
I'm not sure what to make of it, I'm leaning toward it just being coincidence that both of you decided to say these things. But still, heh.

This is why Taly and I are having problems with Goodmorning.

There's that 1% chance that he's Town, and that he's thinking as we are. And a 98% chance that he's Scum trying to twist everything around. 1% other.

Kling
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:46 am

Post by Brunneis »

Myself I usually don't have to do a lot of posting Day1. I watch and read others. (That's just me, Taly's more hands-on.) But I am scumhunting.

I'm pretty sure that Maxwell and Ika are Town. Duppin, too.

FireHermit and Brunnies are Town.

That leaves a pool of:
Errantparabola - possibly Town
Goodmorning
Gray Foxxxx
Makara
Ranger - FoS for weird bailing on Errant wagon
Trivium
Varsoon
Vedith

So, I'll go ahead and build a case for/against each one of them. Stand by.
The Fire Hermit
The Fire Hermit
Goon
The Fire Hermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:50 am

Taly makes me think the slot is scum, but klingon is good at making the slot look town.

Some of Klingons posts still rung scum though, so I am not moving.
Brunneis
Brunneis
Goon
Brunneis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Brunneis »

Good to know.

In post 186, goodmorning wrote:
In post 240, Brunneis wrote:
List your reasons for calling us Scum. Everything one of them.

1. Everything.
2. etc.
[/quote]

Very funny.

Please attempt to build a case on us.

In post 186, goodmorning wrote:Actually you've just reminded me that Taly was super townreadable in the game I had with him. Like, yeah, I was Mafia, but like I said, I'd have townread him anyway.

Unless you're Scum trying to get him mislynched...

In post 186, goodmorning wrote:

I think you are.

omg

Just like a good little Scumbuddy should...

Return to “Completed Open Games”