Scumleague FF 2015 (Locke, Yiley, TD37!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

If you think it's over when you're two games back of the wildcard with a higher points total and 7 to play, I don't really know what to tell you. Kmd was three out with three to play last year and still made it. Tally went from a sure-fire playoff team at 6-0 to a shaky 6-5 and I believe didn't clinch until Week 13. Barring a strange sequence of events, I should be 7-0 and I'm not taking the playoffs for granted.

Also, I don't think I'm just speaking for myself when I say that having bye weeks during a regular fantasy season that's this short sounds very dull.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Rob14 »

Actually, you're right, those BYEs would be dull. I rescind my suggestion. I'm just bitter. Considering our relative schedules, I do honestly think I'm out of contention.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Rob14 »

I'm stupid deep at WR at the moment. If you have an elite WR1 in League 1 but lack other good WRs, we can make a deal. I wouldn't mind doing something like Emmanuel Sanders, Jeremy Maclin, and Eric Decker for an elite WR1.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:23 am

Post by Wraith »

Definitely a terrible week for me

Ironic because my pay league team DESTROYED
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I think I get through bye with the lion share of my team after this week. Let's get a run going!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 826, Rob14 wrote:Actually, you're right, those BYEs would be dull. I rescind my suggestion. I'm just bitter. Considering our relative schedules, I do honestly think I'm out of contention.

Or maybe not, after Rivers turned around a 2 fantasy point first half to end with 27 points, while Eli Manning only went for 6 points on the night. I'm up 6.74 and have my kicker (Catanzaro; Cardinals) vs Agar's TE (Greg Olson). That could go either way, really.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

GO GREG OLSEN!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I rest my case.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think my biggest problem (other than not drafting that well and having a shit schedule) is that I haven't been as aggressive on the waiver wire 'cause I hate burning my high waiver wire order. I wish we could do it more like auction and have it reset in order of our standings.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 832, Locke Lamora wrote:I rest my case.

Fair enough.

@Nero: Resetting waiver wires based on order makes it beneficial to lose games in some situations. That should never be the case.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 827, Rob14 wrote:I'm stupid deep at WR at the moment. If you have an elite WR1 in League 1 but lack other good WRs, we can make a deal. I wouldn't mind doing something like Emmanuel Sanders, Jeremy Maclin, and Eric Decker for an elite WR1.

This was at anyone, not just Lamora, fyi
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 834, Rob14 wrote:
In post 832, Locke Lamora wrote:I rest my case.

Fair enough.

@Nero: Resetting waiver wires based on order makes it beneficial to lose games in some situations. That should never be the case.

I prefer blind bid. Any kind of arbitrary waiver order is kind of blegh.

Not that any of the possible systems is patently unfair. (Also literally no one is going to intentionally throw a game for waiver priority.)

In post 833, Nero Cain wrote:I think my biggest problem (other than not drafting that well and having a shit schedule) is that I haven't been as aggressive on the waiver wire 'cause I hate burning my high waiver wire order. I wish we could do it more like auction and have it reset in order of our standings.

They're free agents once Wednesday hits unless they were recently waived. You can pick people up as free agents without burning your waiver priority. Sitting on a high waiver priority without using it though kind of defeats the purpose of having it.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by AGar »

GG Rob. Eli shit the bed, and the Panthers didn't need Olsen tonight. Kickers can't get negative points so this makes the wild card hunt more interesting.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:55 am

Post by T-Bone »

Maybe this is the week the Ravens put up 50....
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think I'm about to be 3 seed with division lead while Wraith is going to be 2 seed as wild card after this week. Wraith and I are in same division so saying that feels wierd

I'm 1-0 in the division and he is 2-1 So I think that's what is going to happen
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 837, AGar wrote:GG Rob. Eli shit the bed, and the Panthers didn't need Olsen tonight. Kickers can't get negative points so this makes the wild card hunt more interesting.

Olsen has been really weird this year. You almost can't not start him because he's had huge games and most of the others are no worse than average, but he has a very low floor (as he always has). Tough player to have on your team because they can either make or break your week.

We're still well within a stat correction, so I'm hoping my kicker does something to cement things. Less out of it than I thought I was.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh dang it my lead isn't safe. Can people stop scoring near 100 points everytime? Can't I get a guy that can't hit 50 one of these weeks?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by T-Bone »

...CAN'T I?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Wraith »

Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got into league 2 and didn't truly deserve it as I was 6th in league 3 last year.

Has a player bumped up to a new league because of participants loss, ever done well in said new league?

I'm probably jinxing it saying that, but honestly I would be satisfied with 4th place overall (Not getting bumped to L1 at years end) because that would at least prove I deserved to be here
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Yiley »

Are you saying you have supreme confidence that you will beat me? You seem to just be ruling me out, poker.
Permanent scum read
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Out of the relegation zone! Yay!
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by BS2000 »

In post 844, PokerFace wrote:I got into league 2 and didn't truly deserve it as I was 6th in league 3 last year.

Has a player bumped up to a new league because of participants loss, ever done well in said new league?

I'm probably jinxing it saying that, but honestly I would be satisfied with 4th place overall (Not getting bumped to L1 at years end) because that would at least prove I deserved to be here

2012 I finished 9th in L1, but didn't relegate and finished 2nd in 2013. Lost to tally in title game :(
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yiley wrote:Are you saying you have supreme confidence that you will beat me? You seem to just be ruling me out, poker.

nah. I am just pleased with how well I'm doing compared to my 6-8 last season. Doing well in playoffs is only reason I got 6th
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Rob14 »

So I have two kickers and two defenses on my team. What has the world come to?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”